190 Comments
  • 190 results
Posted by s10129107

York has a sub machine gun.  Raincoat killer has an axe.  Shoot him in the face - case closed.

Posted by Max_Hydrogen

If Brad and Ryan get this worked up over the zombies of Deadly Premonitions then they should do an Endurance Run of a Resident Evil game, oh wait, Ryan can't play those games in the dark.

Posted by asian_pride

Nice going, George.

Posted by CitizenKane

Finally, things are happening.

Posted by TheYear20XX

What a hell, George. What a hall.

Posted by Milkman

Okay, Deadly Premonition, that was legitimately awesome. You've got my attention.

Posted by MisterMouse

with the 10mm brad doesnt need to reload as much!

Posted by Phished0ne

Becky's Secret Diary... 

Another twin peaks reference?

Posted by Leadcat

Dammit George! Great ending to the week though.

Posted by weeken

Wow what an amazing episode and this was the most upbeat BR has been... it seemed like they actually ENJOYED themselves. Nice work!

Posted by Sarumarine

Okay, Deadly Premonition, where's your happy whistle theme now!? Wow. That got dark fast.

Posted by Korone

what the actual fuck okay deadly premonition okay

Posted by KEITH1437

Holy shit, that was pretty gripping.

Posted by PirateNeal

whats this quest thing everyone is talking about?

Posted by Princess_Isabela

glad to see people converted and starting to see DP's true colors ^^

Posted by PK_Koopa

GEORGE YOU IDIOT!
What a way to end a week. I was interested in this game's plot before but damn.

Posted by Demonstride

I knew that the story would get good, and now that brad is using something other than that damn 9mm the combat is a little more bearable to watch!

Posted by lolak47

best episode yet

Posted by The8Man

"What a hell... 

Even Becky has been killed." 

My reaction to that scene was almost exactly the same as Brad and Ryan's.  I can't wait until they see the end of the next chapter.  It makes what just happened positively tame by comparison!
Posted by CaptainFish

Every time an endurance runner shoots a destructable item instead of meleeing it, a Giant Bomb community member cries.

Posted by Zounds

This is getting pretty heavy.

Posted by ashogo
@The8Man said:
" "What a hell...  Even Becky has been killed."  My reaction to that scene was almost exactly the same as Brad and Ryan's."
I don't get it, what is wrong with this statement? He's not saying "What the Hell", he's saying "this is such a hellish place".
Posted by ashogo
@mrcraggle said:
" God fucking damn it George. He fucking straight up killed her despite York and Becky both protesting against him cutting the wire. "
Actually, they didn't really try to stop him. I think they were all a bit scared and confused, with a convulsing half-dead woman in front of them, so I don't really blame George.
Posted by Swaboo

The background picture of the end of chapter screen was epic.

Posted by Box3ru13

Damn, I must say that along with Brad and Ryan this game has me hooked. I wanted to spoil it for myself last week but I'm really glad I didn't. Shit is getting good. 

Posted by Capum15

Oh man, that was intense. Can't wait for Monday.

Posted by gunslingerNZ

I get the impression that sometimes when brad is aiming, like when he is looking to change from free aim to lock on on a zombie doing the limbo, he is actually physically looking down at the controller to see which button to press. The pause is way too long if he knew where the buttons were and could just press them.

Posted by scarace360

WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT :DDDD

Posted by Death_Burnout

Wow! Deadly Premonition actually got disturbing there! bravo.

Posted by 88Fingers

Just wait, it gets even sicker....
ugh,  just thinking about the next part makes me queasy.

really good quick look this time.

Posted by PillClinton

did u guys just pretend to stop playing yesterday, play for another 26 minutes, and then cut the video in half so u didn't have to play two days in a row?  i'm on to u, ryan and brad...

Posted by Gamer_152

For all of its seemingly poor design that was actually a really intense moment.

Posted by DBoy

Best ER of them all. Got this game yesterday, now I cannot wait to play it.

Posted by Deusoma
@Princess_Isabela said:
" glad to see people converted and starting to see DP's true colors ^^ "
I've been seeing its true colours as a sub-par game since the first episode, but I will admit that I found myself wondering during this episode what the game would be like if it had been developed by competent designers. It's actually a shame that a genuinely good story like this one got stuck in a game with awful voice acting and crappy gameplay.
Posted by august
@100_Hertz said:
" did u guys just pretend to stop playing yesterday, play for another 26 minutes, and then cut the video in half so u didn't have to play two days in a row?  i'm on to u, ryan and brad... "
You're like Sherlock Holmes.
Posted by mrcraggle
@ashogo said:
" @mrcraggle said:
" God fucking damn it George. He fucking straight up killed her despite York and Becky both protesting against him cutting the wire. "
Actually, they didn't really try to stop him. I think they were all a bit scared and confused, with a convulsing half-dead woman in front of them, so I don't really blame George. "
Becky whilst on the verge of dying didn't move while York was there but then she started struggling when Thomas tried to cut it and George seemed pretty adamant about cutting the wire even when York said not to.
Posted by lolak47

i cant wait for VJ to reach this part , but then again i now know what happens and wont be as good.

Posted by august
@Deusoma:  The vo for the main characters is pretty good, actually. The minor characters are pretty bad, but that's par for the course for a video game.
Posted by BigChief

I found Brad and Ryan ripping on George's mess up to be pretty hilarious. But I'm right with them, this episode is genuinely intriguing. But then, I kinda like the weirdness of the game in general. Rough patches aside (namely, whenever you actually have to shoot things), it seems interesting.

Posted by Shirogane

A small rural town is shocked by a series of bizarre murders...wait a second, where have i heard that before?
Posted by CharAznable
@Swaboo said:
" The background picture of the end of chapter screen was epic. "
That was the best part of the episode for me. Thomas hurling, way to end the chapter in style.
Posted by Sanryd

'DA FUCK GEORGE? YOU GOD DAMN ASSHAT!

Posted by HatKing

You know what?  If this game had better combat and graphics it would be a really good game.
Edited by the_korben
@Deusoma: You know, it might sound kind of stupid, but maybe it is sometimes a good thing that we don't get every story delivered in a triple-A, rewarding-all-the-time, super overproduced fashion. Of course, if you pay for the experience you want the best kind of experience, and I understand that. But maybe our artificial experiences have become too artificial and perfect (every single time) lately ... bla. 

Oh, and to add one more thing: the voice acting in this game is well above average. York, especially, has a very good voice that almost never seems to over- or underact. What utterly destroys that, though, is the awful lip synching, which is probably hand tailored for the japanese version.
Edited by Princess_Isabela
@Deusoma said:

" @Princess_Isabela said:

" glad to see people converted and starting to see DP's true colors ^^ "

I've been seeing its true colours as a sub-par game since the first episode, but I will admit that I found myself wondering during this episode what the game would be like if it had been developed by competent designers. It's actually a shame that a genuinely good story like this one got stuck in a game with awful voice acting and crappy gameplay. "
I'm glad it was developed by access games - people who were genuinely putting their souls in it, all those triple AAA titles(with millions behind it) are so similar. 
here we have something totally unique, unlike anything out there with its own charm. 
voice acting is actually more competent than multi million productions(hi heavy rain!).
and gameplay is solid, but you didn't play it so I leave it at that. 
and people who will actually finish it/ see endurance run will fondly remember it, unlike "triple AAA" titles with forgettable story and characters.
success!
Posted by sparkster82

Thomas is the killer i'm sure of it...

Posted by Deusoma
@Princess_Isabela: 
You're kidding, right? You are not literally saying that you believe the fact that this game is not an AAA title is a good thing? 

I don't mean to be a dick, really, but be reasonable; you have to admit, for example, that if Access Games had the same budget for Deadly Premonition that Bungie Studios had for Halo 3, Deadly Premonition would be vastly improved. The idea that being big in the industry hurts a title is silly.
Posted by ch3burashka

Shit has just got real. It's amazing how this game varies in attitude - one moment you're having happy fun times at the diner, then there's a brutal FUCKING murder happening on a Saw level the next.

Posted by carlthenimrod

What a hell...

Edited by Princess_Isabela
@Deusoma said:

" @Princess_Isabela: 
You're kidding, right? You are not literally saying that you believe the fact that this game is not an AAA title is a good thing?   I don't mean to be a dick, really, but be reasonable; you have to admit, for example, that if Access Games had the same budget for Deadly Premonition that Bungie Studios had for Halo 3, Deadly Premonition would be vastly improved. The idea that being big in the industry hurts a title is silly. "

Had Access Games operate with bigger budget at hand, it would have made it more refined and polished, sure. 
But if you'd give this project to anyone else(any big studio with unlimited funds), this wouldn't be the game it is.
Just don't say Access Games aren't capable developers, that's just ignorance. 
Given sales of this game, I'd say we should expect more goodness from them(with higher production values). 
I have right now Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2, God of War 3 still to finish, yet I'm still hooked on Deadly Premonition(going through the side quests), because it's genuinely captivating(tons of things to do) and has one of the best stories/memorable cast in Video Games we've seen in a long time.
  • 190 results