125 Comments
  • 125 results
Posted by wfolse1
@Baljot187 said:
" Luke Smith is indeed an arrogant blowhard, but I'm hungry for Halo: Reach news.  "
Yeah, i'm glad someone else shares my disdain for him.  He's not exactly a great ambassador for Bungie, IMO.
Posted by Zereta

Luke is awesome for stuff like this. He fits the unique Giant Bomb dynamic.

Posted by gormers
@Afroman269 said:
" I'm afraid that Luke might be masterbating to footage of us playing the beta........ugh. "
Hot.
Posted by chetri

Wow sounds amazing

Posted by Mezmero

I never cared much for Luke when I was still going to 1up, but I'll be damned if he isn't a silky smooth PR dude.  Great video.

Posted by Coolarman

"you can totally touch my hammer"

Posted by chem

I don't have a 360 or any interest in Halo, but it's Brad doing an interview! Of course I'm gonna watch it. Great interview, Brad!

Posted by JJWeatherman

That guys was hilarious. Yet another great interview Bradley. Your travels were worth it.

Posted by Bansheesdie

Lukems is the man.

Posted by Afroman269

I'm afraid that Luke might be masterbating to footage of us playing the beta........ugh.

Posted by twhalen

I am psyched for this game! And I thought I was done with Halo.

Posted by MeatSim

Flaming skulls, I am on board.

Posted by Gav47

That guy gives a great interview. 

Posted by OmnomnomPancake
@PXAbstraction said:
" Yep, Luke Smith is still a douche.  An overrated personality such as his is ideal for an overrated series like Halo though. "
Haters gonna hate.
Posted by LeetBalla

All armor lock will do is make bait and switch easier. That seems like the most useful function it could have.

Posted by treereet

Wait, Luke doesn't have a beard anymore? I'm behind the times.

Posted by supermike6

I never knew this guy before this interview, but why is it bad that a press-guy became a PR guy for a franchise he loves? Have you guys ever heard of Alex Navarro? He loved Rock Band (and he was a reviewer) but no one blames him for being a shill before he worked there. They just got jobs at  a studio they like, which MAKES COMPLETE SENSE and doesn't make you a douche.

Posted by Budkin

Can't see Luke without thinking of the first gaming podcast I ever listened to, 1up Yours.

Posted by Peanut

I personally only ever liked Luke Smith when he was taunting Shane Bettenhausen into a fanboy rage on 1up Yours. 

Posted by Fjordson

Luke is the man. lol @ the menstruating women he "offends".

Oh and the Beta is the shit.

Posted by cluto

Lukems is super douchey, but that's kind of his shtick, and his shtick is kinda funny.

Posted by ChrisTaran

While I've never liked Halo, I've always liked Luke Smith.  So, great video!

Posted by Hashbrowns
@darkjester74 said:
"@Milkman said:
"This Luke Smith guy is kind of a douche. "
Agreed. "

He makes it almost unbearable to listen to the Bungie podcast.  I want to listen, but he and his laugh are just... ugh.
Posted by DocColossus

man this game makes me want to play halo again! awesome.

Posted by guliad

Halo Reach is going to be probably the biggest game in 2010 but I am very interested to see what is coming next from Bungie

Posted by doe3879

Scarab Lord!!!!

Posted by darkjester74
@Milkman said:
"This Luke Smith guy is kind of a douche. "

Agreed.
Posted by NarcolepticBat

REALLY snazzy glasses

Posted by neon321

Luke still awesome, confirmed

Posted by foodmonster
@Globox82 said:
" @Lambert said:
" Luke Smith is disgusting. He was a Halo fanboy disguised as a game writer and because he jerked-off on everything Halo related, he gets a job there. Guy has no credibility at all (never did) was just another PR guy for Microsoft. I would like to see him defend them now going to Activision.  Of course, I can't blame him since he took the money, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a hypocritical douche who isn't funny at all.  And of course the Halo fanboys come out in spades. "
Could not agree more. I cant believe he is designer? hahaha with what education? Jesus... "
Game "design" does not require a formal education, only a knowledge of what makes a game work. Reviewing more than qualifies someone to design. Same with art design. Many contract employees handle production while leads guide programmers and artists toward an end result.
Posted by Kombat

Dude, Luke has lost some weight.

Posted by Creamypies
@Chavtheworld said:
" So wait, they've REMOVED real world physics from bullets? Okay... "
Yeah because everything else about Halo is sooo realistic...
Posted by Infinityslimit

Haha Luke, love him or hate him the man has charisma lol.

Posted by drumpsycho89
@SUPERhys:  lol yeh i get what you meen but i think it adds somthing new to the gameplay of halo
Posted by Milkman

This Luke Smith guy is kind of a douche.

Posted by drumpsycho89

man this game looks sooooooo fucking badass!!!! Bungie really looks like they have gone all out for this one!!!!!

Posted by Agent47CSim2

Luke's awesome and Brad too... can't forget about Brad.

Posted by PXAbstraction

Yep, Luke Smith is still a douche.  An overrated personality such as his is ideal for an overrated series like Halo though.

Posted by OmnomnomPancake
@freakin said:
" @Globox82 said:
" @Lambert said:
" Luke Smith is disgusting. He was a Halo fanboy disguised as a game writer and because he jerked-off on everything Halo related, he gets a job there. Guy has no credibility at all (never did) was just another PR guy for Microsoft. I would like to see him defend them now going to Activision.  Of course, I can't blame him since he took the money, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a hypocritical douche who isn't funny at all.  And of course the Halo fanboys come out in spades. "
Could not agree more. I cant believe he is designer? hahaha with what education? Jesus... "
 It's the new in thing, instead of getting stiff pr guys that talk like they are reciting a script to shill a product you get overzealous 'reviewers' that will talk like gamers... while reading from a script.  "
Luke Smith talks like a gamer because he is a gamer. The man's always loved Halo, and that's what Bungie needs: People with a passion to drive their studio forward. 

Y'all are tools.
Posted by Bollard

So wait, they've REMOVED real world physics from bullets? Okay...

Posted by SUPERhys

Halo 3:Vegas?

Posted by freakin
@Globox82 said:
" @Lambert said:

It's the new in thing, instead of getting stiff pr guys that talk like they are reciting a script to shill a product you get overzealous 'reviewers' that will talk like gamers... while reading from a script. 
Posted by xrayzwei

I <3 Luke Smith
Posted by Peacemaker

I give up hunting for a code.  I'll just wait until monday.

Posted by Lydian_Sel
@swamplord666: I hear that!!!
Posted by S0ndor

Oh my GOD, I'm flying around, this is crazy.

Posted by swamplord666

this is the first halo I actually am hyped about! Can't wait for release!

Posted by gaffyh

Bearded Luke Smith > Beardless Luke Smith.
Edited by buckybit

F*K me! It's Luke "What the fuck?!" Smith, my iligit son ! The Scarab Lord was stolen from the Internets by Bungie. I am still grumpy about that. Halo Forums are no challenge for a "The Economist" reader. The end of that video although is pretty funny:  Really? 

Hey, come over to my world, on the PC side, and I will still teach you about Muliplayer Deathmatch UT-Style. Oh, these console button mashing auto-aiming kids in their jammies these days. ha, ha...
  • 125 results