125 Comments
  • 125 results
Posted by Halopower67

First of all, Reach looks awesome. Second, his glasses are pretty cool. Third, i can't wait for the beta.

Edited by DystopiaX
@100_Hertz said:

" is it just me, or does is it seem like this guy's basically saying, "elites are way better than spartans"?  I mean, seriously, it seems like the balancing between elites and spartans is completely fucked.  They move faster, completely regen health, AND regen shields faster than spartans...meanwhile spartans are sluggishly walking around, picking up fucking health packs. "

what they've said is that Spartans will usually have better positioning (like top of hill in Generator Defense) and usually have to defend, which is easier than attacking. 
edit- they're also bigger, so they're easier to snipe.
Posted by Lambert

Luke Smith is disgusting. He was a Halo fanboy disguised as a game writer and because he jerked-off on everything Halo related, he gets a job there. Guy has no credibility at all (never did) was just another PR guy for Microsoft. I would like to see him defend them now going to Activision.

Of course, I can't blame him since he took the money, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a hypocritical douche who isn't funny at all.

And of course the Halo fanboys come out in spades.

Edited by twelve1784
@Lambert: I hope that's a joke, especially the last line.
Posted by WiqidBritt
@Lambert: not that I 100% disagree, especially about Luke coming off as a douche... but the thing that got him noticed was an in depth essay about all of the things that was wrong with Halo 2, so he certainly wasn't the kind to argue that the franchise has no faults, also he was the news guy at 1up, he wasn't in editorial (i.e. reviews) so his fanboyism wasn't really much of an issue
Edited by Brendan
@WiqidBritt said:

" @Lambert: not that I 100% disagree, especially about Luke coming off as a douche... but the thing that got him noticed was an in depth essay about all of the things that was wrong with Halo 2, so he certainly wasn't the kind to argue that the franchise has no faults, also he was the news guy at 1up, he wasn't in editorial (i.e. reviews) so his fanboyism wasn't really much of an issue"

I don't understand how he comes off as a douche.  He was just talking about the game he's supposed to talk about.  Does his voice sound like the dude who bullied you in high school or what? 

Edit:  Oook right at the end I understand what you're talking about, although he just seems like more of a failed attempt at being funny rather than a douche.
Edited by FCKSNAP

I just wanna put this out there, all the old 1up Yours guys were unfunny douches, but that's why I loved listening to them. :) 

edit: Also, his glasses look pretty pimp, I'd like to get a pair of those.

Posted by rottendevice

I didn't know Luke Smith was such a divisive character.  I think he's a funny dude. 

Halo Reach looks amazing.  I'm going to be all over this beta.

Posted by WiqidBritt

hmm, interesting that they went back to hitscan for the bullet weapons, I guess Halo really isn't the kind of game where you have time to worry about leading your targets. Battlefield it ain't

Posted by twelve1784
@WiqidBritt: The sniper rifle is the only weapon where I'd prefer it not to be hitscan, it just felt right having to lead a tiny bit while sniping and made for some crazy videos.
Posted by paulunga

Luke Smith looks weird without a beard. Still, an entertaining interview, as expected.

Posted by DragonNinja789

awesome interview.
Posted by Spiritof

Luke is talking so fast that it's making him sweat.

Posted by pizzalunchables
@h0lgr said:
" Did I just hear the announcer say "ill move"? Awesome. Day one. "
That's what I heard...
Posted by mshaw006

Ahh can't wait to get my hands on this.

Posted by Damax

can't wait gonna be awesome

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

awesome ending.

Edited by MaddProdigy

YES scan hits, omg anyone good at this game is going to tear up face with the new battle rifle

Edit: SOOOO STOKED
I have yet to play the beta, but damn, I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say the multiplayer online crown has been re claimed from Modern Warfare 2. Yet to see, but damn.

Posted by JDoobs

Luke Smith for Prez ... I love that guy.

Posted by ip007

Why didn't I see Luke much when Halo 3 was being developed. Awesome guy! Love him on Bungie's own podcasts.

Posted by Terjay
@paulunga said:
" Luke Smith looks weird without a beard. Still, an entertaining interview, as expected. "
Weird without a beard would be an excellent indie band name.
Posted by Globox82
@Lambert said:
" Luke Smith is disgusting. He was a Halo fanboy disguised as a game writer and because he jerked-off on everything Halo related, he gets a job there. Guy has no credibility at all (never did) was just another PR guy for Microsoft. I would like to see him defend them now going to Activision.  Of course, I can't blame him since he took the money, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a hypocritical douche who isn't funny at all.  And of course the Halo fanboys come out in spades. "
Could not agree more. I cant believe he is designer? hahaha with what education? Jesus...
Posted by Parsnip

The hammer is my ____.

Posted by Meelis

Nice Hoodie 

Posted by Capum15

Woo, more Halo-ness.

Edited by buckybit

F*K me! It's Luke "What the fuck?!" Smith, my iligit son ! The Scarab Lord was stolen from the Internets by Bungie. I am still grumpy about that. Halo Forums are no challenge for a "The Economist" reader. The end of that video although is pretty funny:  Really? 

Hey, come over to my world, on the PC side, and I will still teach you about Muliplayer Deathmatch UT-Style. Oh, these console button mashing auto-aiming kids in their jammies these days. ha, ha...
Posted by gaffyh

Bearded Luke Smith > Beardless Luke Smith.
Posted by swamplord666

this is the first halo I actually am hyped about! Can't wait for release!

Posted by S0ndor

Oh my GOD, I'm flying around, this is crazy.

Posted by Lydian_Sel
@swamplord666: I hear that!!!
Posted by Peacemaker

I give up hunting for a code.  I'll just wait until monday.

Posted by xrayzwei

I <3 Luke Smith
Posted by freakin
@Globox82 said:
" @Lambert said:
" Luke Smith is disgusting. He was a Halo fanboy disguised as a game writer and because he jerked-off on everything Halo related, he gets a job there. Guy has no credibility at all (never did) was just another PR guy for Microsoft. I would like to see him defend them now going to Activision.  Of course, I can't blame him since he took the money, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a hypocritical douche who isn't funny at all.  And of course the Halo fanboys come out in spades. "
Could not agree more. I cant believe he is designer? hahaha with what education? Jesus... "

It's the new in thing, instead of getting stiff pr guys that talk like they are reciting a script to shill a product you get overzealous 'reviewers' that will talk like gamers... while reading from a script. 
Posted by SUPERhys

Halo 3:Vegas?

Posted by Bollard

So wait, they've REMOVED real world physics from bullets? Okay...

Posted by OmnomnomPancake
@freakin said:
" @Globox82 said:
" @Lambert said:
Could not agree more. I cant believe he is designer? hahaha with what education? Jesus... "
 It's the new in thing, instead of getting stiff pr guys that talk like they are reciting a script to shill a product you get overzealous 'reviewers' that will talk like gamers... while reading from a script.  "
Luke Smith talks like a gamer because he is a gamer. The man's always loved Halo, and that's what Bungie needs: People with a passion to drive their studio forward. 

Y'all are tools.
Posted by PXAbstraction

Yep, Luke Smith is still a douche.  An overrated personality such as his is ideal for an overrated series like Halo though.

Posted by Agent47CSim2

Luke's awesome and Brad too... can't forget about Brad.

Posted by drumpsycho89

man this game looks sooooooo fucking badass!!!! Bungie really looks like they have gone all out for this one!!!!!

Posted by Milkman

This Luke Smith guy is kind of a douche.

Posted by drumpsycho89
@SUPERhys:  lol yeh i get what you meen but i think it adds somthing new to the gameplay of halo
Posted by Infinityslimit

Haha Luke, love him or hate him the man has charisma lol.

Posted by Creamypies
@Chavtheworld said:
" So wait, they've REMOVED real world physics from bullets? Okay... "
Yeah because everything else about Halo is sooo realistic...
Posted by Kombat

Dude, Luke has lost some weight.

Posted by foodmonster
@Globox82 said:
" @Lambert said:
Game "design" does not require a formal education, only a knowledge of what makes a game work. Reviewing more than qualifies someone to design. Same with art design. Many contract employees handle production while leads guide programmers and artists toward an end result.
Posted by neon321

Luke still awesome, confirmed

Posted by NarcolepticBat

REALLY snazzy glasses

Posted by darkjester74
@Milkman said:
"This Luke Smith guy is kind of a douche. "

Agreed.
Posted by doe3879

Scarab Lord!!!!

Posted by guliad

Halo Reach is going to be probably the biggest game in 2010 but I am very interested to see what is coming next from Bungie

• 125 results