232 Comments
Posted by SecularBaron

This part was even tedious to watch.

Posted by berterbertez

A proto Breaking Brad!

Edited by MrBubbles

i keep questioning why the hell he kept choosing the knife over a golf club or pipe (in previous episodes) which both do a lot more damage and reach compared to the stupid knife.

edit: the lag between the time the quick time prompt comes up and the time the purple orb passes york is hilarious

Posted by Laini

I get the feeling after the last couple that Ryan is trying his best to keep it light and fun, but sort of laughing when things go wrong is just annoying Brad rather than relieving the frustration. I'm expecting someone to get thumped any minute now.

Posted by Hameyadea

It's exactly like in Gears of War 1 you fought against a Bumrak and in GoW 2 you fought against multiple Burmaks.

Posted by Abendlaender

I think i figured out why there probably wont be a new ER.
Because some people here are really fucking annoying constantly complaining and whinning.
That's not much fun for the ER team, who do all this stuff just because people wanted them to.

Posted by tydigame
@FritzDude:  Yeah, Brad is enraged by the end of this.
Posted by FritzDude

Some genuine anger by Brad. I like it.

Posted by voltan

This part was probably my favorite in this ER. Sometimes extreme frustration can be entertaining. Yes, I'm a horrible person.

Edited by Olivaw

Rewatching this for Halloween and holy shit I forgot about this bit.

Why did Brad just let the wall lady kill him? Why didn't he immediately pause and use one of the health kits they had? They had a bunch! He totally could have survived!

That poor man. That poor, stupid man.

Posted by MordeaniisChaos

I love how everyone is talking about Brad, no one seems to be talking about how much of a dickweed Ryan can be. I mean, he's just trying to be honest I'm sure, but still lol sometimes he's a bit brutal. I'd love to see how he would react in Brad's position.

Posted by MooseyMcMan

I like how they still have yet to notice the sound the game makes upon killing an enemy. 

Posted by Undeadpool

It's so funny to me that different fanboys get differently mad. 
"OMG! THEY NEVER USE MELEE WEAPONS!11 SO DUUUUMB!" 

"OMG! STOP USING MELEE WEAPONS!!!11 SO DUUUUMB!" 

Fanboys...it's impossible to please them, so don't even try. And it looks like you didn't. Well done.

Posted by eccentrix

I guess that's why they call it an Endurance Run.

Posted by AlchemistiD

Every time you fight one of these wallhacking zombies, I keep hearing Muldoon from Jurassic Park shouting "SHOOOOOT HEEEEEEER"!!!!

Posted by TheHT

'i dunno how that happened'

'i watched you go to unequip and... hit the button'

Posted by drakesfortune

Hubris.  AHAHAHAHA.  So funny.  "You're acting like you haven't been playing this game for 10 hours".  HA!  I love Brad, but man he does suck at playing this game.  Sorry Brad.  The funny thing is those ladies didn't manage to kill me once.  I'm a bit befuddled as to why he's having such a tough go of it.  First, he needs to stop wasting all of his health kits.  That's one of the biggest reasons he's failing so bad.  I went into this section loaded with health kits, because I wasn't burning them off like crazy and for no reason. 

Posted by Kenkaze

From the comments I've been reading it sounds like I should move over to the VJ camp.

Posted by Sharpless

"You're acting like you haven't been playing this game for ten hours."

Ryan wins Most Insightful Comment of the Endurance Run. :) If Brad doesn't start allowing more for the game's general failure and frequent aggravation, it's going to be a long, long Endurance Run for him. And us, for that matter.

Posted by FireSketch

Argh, I'm seriously hating this environ. 
Can't wait to get out :D

Posted by KrustINC77

fuck this game
Posted by PatheticMan

I don't know what's funnier - Brad getting annoyed with the game, or Ryan getting annoyed with Brad. 

I adore this stuff - all of the enjoyment of this fucked-up game plus Brad and Ryan's commentary, but with none of the tedium of having to actually play this piece of shit.

Posted by DjCmeP

BRAD STOP CHEATING!

Posted by Badfysh

why so much with the knife??? just shoot da bitch

Posted by Rhaknar

Brad cursing up a storm was hilarious, never heard anyone on GB curse so much in such a small ammount of time hah

Posted by CaptainFish
@ashogo:
Just choose streaming if you want to be able to jump around in the video.
Edited by The_A_Drain
@Xealot42 said:

" @bigsmoke77 said:

" "I won't waste good ammo on boxes" but you will waste ammo by reloading at 150 and then wasting all of that ammo "
Is that really how the reloading mechanic works?  If so no wonder they ran out of smg ammo so fast.  I can't think of any other game that discards the ammo in your magazine when you reload instead of topping it off.  But I am glad they have a working strategy to handle the wall ladies now, even if it isn't the most efficient way of doing things.  Hopefully there aren't too many more of those segments in the game. "
There's a couple although I don't remember names off the top of my head, the logic is supposedly that you discard the clip, those bullets don't magically go back into your bag, but that's bollocks imo you wouldn't chuck the clip away in this situation, you'd put it in your bag then shift your ammo about when you have some safe time.  Really stupid way of handling ammo :( 

EDIT: Is this out in the UK? I kinda want to play it :P
Posted by Xealot42
@bigsmoke77 said:
" "I won't waste good ammo on boxes" but you will waste ammo by reloading at 150 and then wasting all of that ammo "
Is that really how the reloading mechanic works?  If so no wonder they ran out of smg ammo so fast.  I can't think of any other game that discards the ammo in your magazine when you reload instead of topping it off.

But I am glad they have a working strategy to handle the wall ladies now, even if it isn't the most efficient way of doing things.  Hopefully there aren't too many more of those segments in the game.
Posted by rangerdante

While using the knife on wall lady was a little...tedious, I feel that they were following the motto of Store 5576: "If you're going to do it, do it with style."
 Sure, they could have used the shotgun throughout the entire fight like a whiny little bitch, but they didn't. They used a knife, a man's weapon, because they knew that the only way to kill something that pissed you off is on a personal level. In Deadly Premonition the only weapon that lets you see the fear in your enemies eyes while you gut them like a fish is the knife.
So, Bravo Brad and Ryan, you guys have my applause and respect.

Posted by ApertureSilence

What is that music Brad keeps humming? It sounds like Harry Gregson-Williams' theme to Sinbad: Legend of the 7th Sea, but that's a bit too obscure, right?

Posted by Potter9156

Man, those ceiling ladies suck.

Posted by GreyFox10S

STOP USING THE DAMN KNIFE! IT'S WORTHLESS!!

Posted by shinluis
@leoplureodon said:
" ER + Icecream is the best combination ever "
Hell yeah!!!!
Posted by Moth_Pope

"Your hubris will be the end of us, Brad!" Ryan has a great use of English. Always uses words I haven't heard for ages. I love the circle of Brad being frustrated at the game, then Ryan being frustrated at Brad.

I've not played the game so I'm not sure how easy it is to miss stuff when you're actually in control, but there's so many things on the HUD that both team VJ and BR miss all the time, such as ammo being low, heart rate being high, gas running out, "Attack" being listed on some quick time events, items in rooms to pick up... It's probably that it's just more obvious when sitting here and watching it, but all these things seem like something I'd be keeping an eye on.

Anyway, really enjoying both endurance runs. Looking forward to seeing how each team takes on the story.

Posted by Xanth93
@Emiel said:
" With every BR episode I am amazed at how bad Brad is at games. "
You're not alone. This episode especially. Brad, you're awesome, but you suck at games.
Edited by warmonked
@Bionicicide said:

" So is there no other way Brad can get the double clip/infinite ammo SMG?  "

Doesn't he just have to do the Keith side mission? They're not getting any of the items VJ have because they're not bothering with side missions.
Posted by Korosive

For those who have not seen this ep yet, find something to do while it's on....

Posted by Bionicicide

So is there no other way Brad can get the double clip/infinite ammo SMG? 

Posted by PipeAndSlippers

i enjoy this videos, that wall woman had extra nice titties

Posted by natetodamax

How did VJ manage to catch up to BR? They were miles ahead a few episodes ago.

Posted by MadaRenrut

my coffee warned me of another short endurance run by BR

Posted by Able

God the games you could be playing....

Posted by Dr_VonBoogie
@mutha3: yea i remeber that, it's just that this time around i thought that since there are two teams competing (or at least i think they're competing) to see which team can get to the end fast enough, i thought that looking up any info on the game like how to get the best weapon or the fastest way to clear a ghost/zombie/demon infested area wouldn't be advised. aside from the comments because i know they're gonna know about that regardless.
Posted by csl316
@ashogo said:
edit: on a side note, you guys really really need to make these loadable from mid-video. "

Choose streaming and you're good to go
Posted by GaZZuM
@anzejk said:
" YEAAAHHH BITCHES!!! :D:D:DBrad, you figured it out!:D:D:D This was a great piece of fighting!:D Real smooth, man.:D You even figured out better than Vinny and Jeff.:D Just a wall pipe in the hand and then, you will become a wall bitch-ass slayer.:D You don't need an infinite ammo SMG, just your brain and,offcorse,Ryan.:D You guys are the best! GO TEAM B&R!!!:D "
Vinny and Jeff only fought ONE of those things, plus they have infinite ammo for their SMG so why wouldn't they use it?!? I doubt Team VJ would have thrown 2 gold clubs away for one mission knife either. team BR=FAIL.
Posted by allhailthetv

At least they finally know about the unlimited SMG. Hopefully it should make the game go easier for them afterwards, since I'm favoring BR as opposed to VJ.

Posted by anzejk

YEAAAHHH BITCHES!!! :D:D:D
Brad, you figured it out!:D:D:D This was a great piece of fighting!:D Real smooth, man.:D You even figured out better than Vinny and Jeff.:D Just a wall pipe in the hand and then, you will become a wall bitch-ass slayer.:D
You don't need an infinite ammo SMG, just your brain and,offcorse,Ryan.:D You guys are the best! GO TEAM B&R!!!:D

Posted by mithical

NIce handling of the wall ladies, except omg why do they have so much health!? Is the golf club really that much stronger than the mission knife? At least the knife lasts a long time.

Posted by Myomoto
@inkdude26:  I honestly think Ryan was giving Brad some space so he could better concentrate on the game and get through the segment.