180 Comments
  • 180 results
Edited by Ramone

Yeah VJ is catching up with BR, its getting close!!

EDIT: Clive Owen for Cobra 2010

Posted by sixpin

VJ handled the crawling naked zombie lady well. They figured out the pattern quickly. Yet another reason why I'm all in for team VJ. The endless shooting gallery in the backyard was funny though.

Edited by samcotts

"I wonder if she dies from like one hit with the pipe *laughs*"

Errr...

Posted by CatsAkimbo

Oh man, that fight at the end took forever.  Based on BR, I'm not really looking forward to Monday's VJ.

Posted by IronRinn

Run past the infinitely spawning zombies. Run goddammit!

Posted by fox01313

Ceiling ghostie is lots easier with infinite/normal shotgun as you can just quick turn & shoot. At least Vinny/Jeff figured out that ghost quicker than the other team, this ghost/annoyance does pop up again in the game so wondering if Brad/Ryan can figure out the pattern to beat it.

Posted by Nux

Yeah it works. Wall lady loves here some bullets.
Posted by crusader8463

Wait a sec, why did they only have to fight one ceiling witch but brad and ryan had to kill three or four to get through there?

Posted by Zindrase
@crusader8463: 
Because that was further along. This was just a warm-up.
Posted by Catarrhal
@IronRinn said:
" Run past the infinitely spawning zombies. Run goddammit! "
Seriously! Very much unimpressed with Vinny's performance today.
Posted by Winternet

They spent too much time outside, I was going crazy. Nicely done with creepy ceiling girl, though.

Posted by Blair
@Winternet said:
" They spent too much time outside, I was going crazy. Nicely done with creepy ceiling girl, though. "

EXACTLY.  Just run by them!
Posted by airules
@Zindrase: 
Pretty sure they ended at the same point today.
I think they fought loads more because Brad kept running back to save which made them respawn. Or he spent too long messing around in that area.
Team VJ just ran straight through it.

Infinite SMG ftw
Posted by MagikGimp

You know, I'm SO glad for the commentary for this huge-ass dull-ass part of this game.

Edited by crusader8463
@Zindrase said:

" @crusader8463:  Because that was further along. This was just a warm-up. "

They got to the end of the hall way and saved in the room that BR saved in today, but hey didn't have to fight the extra ceiling witches that they did. I'm thinking there may have been some editing magic done to this episode or the game is doing some weird stuff.
Posted by BLipp18
@crusader8463: no, BR are on the other side of the building in a reversed hallway of this one. VJ have yet to do the tree puzzle and do the profiling, while BR are already past that
Edited by Ronald
@crusader8463 said:

" @Zindrase said:

They got to the end of the hall way and saved in the room that BR saved in today, but hey didn't have to fight the extra ceiling witches that they did. I'm thinking there may have been some editing magic done to this episode or the game is doing some weird stuff. "
No, it's just that everything looks the same. VJ still have to pass through another area, then crawl down another ladder to the room BR started in. Then, there is another hallway that looks exactly like the hallway the first witch was in, but this time with four witches in it, then a save point.

Although, technically, it is the same room, in the same way that at Becky's house they kept winding up in the same room over and over. But VJ is still a bit behind BR.
Edited by teekomeeko

What the heck been up with the video player this week? I get about 15 seconds of video (if what) before a load =/

EDIT: I meant the streaming player. the other one is fine.

Posted by Arrested_Developer

Wow, their confrontation with that wall lady was like night and day compared to BR's.

Posted by Amp

Forrest Kaysen, aka Gabe Newell.

Edited by mutha3
@MagikGimp said:

" You know, I'm SO glad for the commentary for this huge-ass dull-ass part of this game. "

See? this is what bothers when they do dumb shit like this. People start somehow blaming the game.

The 30 minutes they spent on shooting infinitly respawning monsters was ENTIRELY their own damn fault, and so is the fact that they didn't just hit the wallcrawler with a steel pipe or golf club.
Posted by charlie_victor_bravo

How many bullets did that take? Crazy!

Posted by LutonHatter
@airules said:
" @Zindrase:  Pretty sure they ended at the same point today. I think they fought loads more because Brad kept running back to save which made them respawn. Or he spent too long messing around in that area. Team VJ just ran straight through it.  Infinite SMG ftw "
Nope BR were leaving the house. And VJ are just entering it. Two different places.
Posted by Khane

The driving commentary made this worth watching today. 
Nicely done.

Posted by heavyplay
@crusader8463 said:
"@Zindrase said:

They got to the end of the hall way and saved in the room that BR saved in today, but hey didn't have to fight the extra ceiling witches that they did. I'm thinking there may have been some editing magic done to this episode or the game is doing some weird stuff. "

I just looked back. BR18 ends where this one ends. Brad kills one witch with his golf club and saves. Haven't watched the others, but I'm assuming the multiple ceiling witch fight is just after this safe room. 

But yeah for anyone who was wondering, VJ is effectively 2 episodes behind BR. But with the sick unlimited SMG, VJ should be passing them pretty soon.
Posted by DavidSnakes

I think this proves that Vinny is better at games than Brad.

Posted by mason

Infinite ammo machinegun is definitely not "FTW" in this situation. Hadn't Vinny and Jeff noticed that the damage rating on that thing is piss poor? It even said so when they first picked it up. It's kind of a tradeoff for the endless ammo. The regular machinegun still has its uses.

I hope they start switching to stronger weapons for the wall crawlers. They have the movement down, but it shouldn't take that long to kill.

Posted by Khantael

Trying to not be spoilery in case Vinny and Jeff are reading the comments here, but no, Brad and Ryan are ahead as they've done all the profiling in this location. Jeff and Vinny haven't got to starting profiling yet, so they're not up to where you think they are.

Posted by RobotHamster

That mp5 is pretty weak though it is infinite, at least it didn't take them a bajillion times like someone else.

Posted by Enns
@airules: 

BR is ahead of them.
They're in the same "dungeon" though.
Posted by Nomin

How about trading places with each other in actually playing the game? I'd like to see how Jeff or Ryan fares in coping with the game mechanics.

Posted by mutha3
@mason said:
" Infinite ammo machinegun is definitely not "FTW" in this situation. Hadn't Vinny and Jeff noticed that the damage rating on that thing is piss poor? It even said so when they first picked it up. It's kind of a tradeoff for the endless ammo. The regular machinegun still has its uses.
No it doesn't, they do the same amount of damage.
Posted by twelve1784

I ain't worked no murders like this with the zambies

Posted by Tordah

Team VJ is catching up on BR!

Posted by Akel

that was a looong fight

Posted by Hef

God damn vinny just hit them in the head instead of taking 30 seconds just to kill one.

Edited by J2110

Watching them baffled by an infinite zombie spawn down the side of the building was the most frustrating thing ever. Just run through for fucks sake. Shamefully, for the first time in both Persona 4 and DP Endurance Run episodes, i actually got very frustrated to the point of shouting. :(

Posted by Ariketh

Lol, you guys did way better than Team Bryan on that one. GO TEAM JIFFY! (or Jenny, if you prefer)

From what I have read, Shotgun and Melee works best on those things.

Posted by SRankPeeper

That was pretty intense, the cobra ramblings were great, though ive never seen that one :(

Posted by MagikGimp

Use the stabilisers to sort out the heart rate problems guys, I would have thought that was obvious.

Posted by Vinchenzo

Those wall crawlers are the most boring enemy I've ever seen.

Posted by crusader8463

Ya, forgot about the mansion part. My bad.

Posted by Death_Burnout

Much much love for Commando!

Posted by Phished0ne

Talkiing about nick cage's pyramid..yeah thats insane...it also allegedly bankrupted the shit out of him..

Posted by Sarumarine

Acro Circus! If you buy that you win the game because no one can touch you. Heh.

Also, fighting the zombie horde in spitting distance of George, Thomas, and Emily was hilarious.

Posted by Dr_VonBoogie

i knew team Vinny and Jeff would destroy that celling witch, plus, they caught up

Posted by Twazzock

I love how their boring car journey descended into movie-talk, much like Zack and York.  Also, 

"Don't wreck the car this time..." 
BOOM 
"Oh. Well." 

Lols.

Posted by Olivaw

Vinny seemed to figure out the boss's pattern a lot faster than Brad did.

Of course Brad's fight with the boss took a lot less time, if you don't count all the restarts.

Posted by SilenceUK
@Olivaw said:
"Vinny seemed to figure out the boss's pattern a lot faster than Brad did.  Of course Brad's fight with the boss took a lot less time, if you don't count all the restarts. "

not working out how fucking obvious she doesnt take damage when shes invis though actualy got me to shout at them lol
Posted by Jeffk38uk

Kinda goes to show what an unlimited machinegun can help compared to the other groups situation heh.

• 180 results