128 Comments
  • 128 results
Posted by paulunga
@Swaboo: Yeah, but they already figured out that barrels in this game are explosive twice.
Posted by paulunga
@mutha3:  Well, I've played four Shin Megami Tensei games so far and I feel that Persona 4 is significantly easier than the other ones (P3, Nocturne, DDS). I feel like the only part you'd need outside help for is getting the true ending.
Edited by teekomeeko

Comments before Duder:

• Yes, Brad, please that crowd. Please it good
  • Ryan: "After ten hours I think we finally started playing this." Ain't that the truth...

Comments after Duder:
  • Eh, I got nothin'.
  • Edit: Well, I got one thing. Watching as Brad is actually enjoying himself is a lot more fun than the study in depression that BR used to be half the time. Can't wait for more.
Posted by rapsney
@mantasradzas said:
" So this is how it goes..  Edit: goddamn I was like a second late. A SECOND. Inconceivable "
You keep using that word. I do no think it means, what you think it does. 

BTW have you seen a six fingered man go this way?
Posted by Beforet

Oh damn...this means that VJ and BR at the same point again. Doing the same thing tomorrow(unless VJ decides to skip the dungeon)

Posted by The8Man

About the "other world challenge"  The guys just did:  On my first try I took damage from one of the zombies, and after I had cleared the room the door was still locked when I tried to go through it.  I just assumed that you had to complete the challenge without taking any damage or you had to restart.  Obviously from seeing BR and VJ both complete it while still having taken damage I realize I was wrong.  So, does anybody know the exact conditions for succeeding?  Did I just overlook one of the zombies in the room I was in and that's why the door was still locked?    
Posted by evreche
@mutha3 said:
" @evreche: 

Huh...? what are you talking about? I'm just saying they used the comments pretty intensively. Which is a fact.

Also, yeah it is an issue when do stuff  like this. It gives boring, obnoxious video of a guy staring at a map for 30 minutes or whining about stuff which isn't the game's fault.  Now that they have a radio and the infinite SMG we never have to see brad shooting at wooden crates with a handgun for 40 seconds every time he encouters one, or spend 3/4th of a video looking at a map.  You know? the bad part of this game. "

I think my point from before was pretty clear, but again just to reiterate.  

I am not disputing that they use comments, but rather am making the point that it doesn't matter. Who cares how they arrive at whatever decisions they make. These videos are not intened to watch the perfect walkthrough of a game, youtube exists for that.  

There is no difference if Brad shoots something 30 times, forgets to shoot a barrel with thousands of zombies around it because I am watching the video to listen to the Giantbomb guys shoot the shit and say funny stuff.  If I stop finding these videos funny then I will stop watching. 

Some people in the thread (and very few at that) really need to go on youtube and comment on walkthroughs about how to play the game, but not ER. Think of ER as a vehicle to serve something funny much like a utensil is used to eat fine food. Don't nitpick at the quality of the fork, enjoy the food.

Posted by ashogo

You guys OWN Greenvale. 

And I agree with Ryan, Keith's weird storytelling is strangely winning me over a bit. I like his little cackle.

Posted by PillClinton

Thank God Brad has Ryan at his side...I can't even imagine the frustration of watching Brad play this by himself.

Posted by ashogo
@Dany said:  
@HatKing said:
"
Whoever told Brad about the infinite ammo SMG is a fucking jerk and did an effective job of ruining the fun of the Endurance Run.  "
No, whoever did that allowed this endurance run to be watchable! "
Yeah seriously, having the gun will let them enjoy the game much more, which will thus make the episodes much more enjoyable.
Posted by MrKlorox
@TurboMan said:
"
"
No joke. I don't think Brad has destroyed a single barrel in this game yet. He almost killed himself by melee-ing a barrel numerous times, but ended up giving up before it was destroyed. It's kinda like how they took FOREVER to realize hitting enemies with melee wears down the weapon quickly, but objects don't... assuming they did actually figure that out.
Posted by Desensitized

You guys definitely need to work on those subquests now, you've got the right idea! Try getting the 7 bones on the map at some point, too.

Posted by warmonked
@Scratch said:
" To be fair, someone needs to tell VJ about the radio now. "
I don't know. Someone made a really good point in another thread. Do we really want BR and VJ to play the game exactly the same? It might be more entertaining if they took different paths to get to the end.
Posted by ShakeItBaby

It might go smoother, but it all feels so undeserved...

Edited by HeavyDuty32

The worst thing about these is when they're having a discussion trying to figure out a mechanic of the game, and the answer is ON THE SCREEN the whole time they're discussing it, but they never get it!  I don't see how in that whole conversation about the inventory space they didn't see that the bottom right sixth of the screen is a count that says how many weapons and how many items you can carry.  And it also would show them that ammo doesn't count towards your weapon capacity.

Posted by ajamafalous

Well, Brad, by cheating and looking up the infinite SMG, you've ensured that I'll be no longer watching your Endurance Run.

Posted by JoelTGM

Good job Brad. 

Posted by Imensae
@ajamafalous said:
" Well, Brad, by cheating and looking up the infinite SMG, you've ensured that I'll be no longer watching your Endurance Run. "
I think you'll find that either Jeff, Vinny or Drew told him about it
Posted by Protome
@Busby said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" Well, Brad, by cheating and looking up the infinite SMG, you've ensured that I'll be no longer watching your Endurance Run. "
I think you'll find that either Jeff, Vinny or Drew told him about it "
Or he read one of the hundreds of comments under each video going "HEY BRAD YOU SHOULD GO GET THE INFINITE SMG FROM COPE'S TUNNEL"
Posted by Protome
@ashogo said:
" @Dany said:  
@HatKing said:
"
Whoever told Brad about the infinite ammo SMG is a fucking jerk and did an effective job of ruining the fun of the Endurance Run.  "
No, whoever did that allowed this endurance run to be watchable! "
Yeah seriously, having the gun will let them enjoy the game much more, which will thus make the episodes much more enjoyable. "
Yeah, and it's not like it's never been done in the Endurance Run before. Vinny and Jeff used to take lots of advice from the comments while playing Persona 4. I have to assume that the people complaining about BR doing it are relatively new to the site and weren't around during the Persona 4 Endurance Run.
Posted by gunslingerNZ
@ajamafalous said:
I feel much the same way. These things are way more fun when they stumble through the game on their own, if they find cool items then great if not then that's entertaining as well.
Posted by Clark

It's bullshit that brads been reading stuff about the game outside of the ER. Should be doing it as it comes like VJ.

Posted by Ratfoot
@Clark: Let Brad play it how he wants, this ain't no P4 ER.
Posted by TheHT

Fuckin' A these guys are packin now!! I'm really really really excited to see what they'll get at the other site.

Posted by Kayrack

it would have been interesting if they hadn't found that gun, just to see the way it would go.

Posted by UselessNinjaMan

Oh, ffs.

Take it easy, guys, it's just a f'n game. And the ER is fun as all hell. If you're so intent on ceasing to watch the ER, just do it. Ok? Thanks.

I get too annoyed stupid this stuff, sorry.

Posted by Brackynews

Love how now that they don't have to drive everywhere, they make fun of when they do have to. XD