157 Comments
  • 157 results
Posted by Nomin

Ah, the Internet.

Posted by Benjo

This is great because he's so genuine in his approach.  There's nothing like a video game nerd who just loves the classics.

Posted by Pakorn

Dudes playing games with their feet; the next "step" in immersive control?

Posted by JediAutobot

Wow, what a workout, they should incorporate this into Wii Fit.  Wii Fit: Retro Gaming Edition

Posted by jos1ah

Super sweet video. I'd kinda like to see him try Mega Man 2, but I remember it being pretty tough. Maybe the badass soundtrack would be enough to keep him from suicidal tendencies.

Posted by luce

He beat Super Mario Bros. with the power of DANCE

The Irish would be proud

Posted by poser

Towards the end it sounds like he's masturbating....

Posted by selbie

The dude's got talent. He can even make his voice sound like a chick's! :o 
Mega Man would be awesome to see.

Posted by s7evn

impressive

Posted by Kyreo

maga man 2.  o wait...

Posted by Veektarius
@Teaspoon83:  The last time I played SMB I was about six.  Cut me some slack.
Posted by Tordah

Damn. That's pretty impressive.

Posted by MeatSim

The real question is can you beat Super Mario Bros with a skateboard controller.

Posted by Whiz

wow thats cool

Posted by XcL

Impressive

Posted by Brendan

This dude has embraced his nerd side so entirely, it's mesmerizing.  Way to go man.
Posted by Diloman

i will try with my pad.

Posted by Korne

Battletoads... jk

Posted by Sargus

Castlevania is more impressive, I think, but this is still crazy.

Posted by Kireiiii

Why does it cut a least 3 times during the video? 

Timestamps 
1.36 there is some frameblending 

3.04 there is obvious cut 

9.56 obvious cut in both sound and picture, 

Why were the cuts made?

Posted by HydraHam

When someone beats battletoads using a dance mat call me

Posted by drakattack
@Kireiiii said:
" Why does it cut a least 3 times during the video?  Timestamps 1.36 there is some frameblending  3.04 there is obvious cut  9.56 obvious cut in both sound and picture,  Why were the cuts made? "
I have a better question. Who gives a fuck if it cuts... he isn't sending this to Twin Galaxies for a world record verification. He is making these videos to challenge himself and for the enjoyment of others. Chill out and enjoy it.
Posted by RichardLOlson

That was awesome.

Posted by Brockly46

mega man 2

Posted by agentboolen

WOW!!!   Thats cool, i still enjoy playing a game of SMB's till this day!!  Definitely one of the greatest games ever in my book.

Posted by Kilo720

LMAO Amazing In Agent York Voice

Posted by takua108
@Kireiiii said:
" Why does it cut a least 3 times during the video?  Timestamps 1.36 there is some frameblending  3.04 there is obvious cut  9.56 obvious cut in both sound and picture,  Why were the cuts made? "
Because YouTube has a ~10 minute time limit, and he didn't want to split it up into multiple videos.
Posted by Bluethunder35

Now that's hardcore. That's an amazing video.

Posted by Wickstrom

I wish I was half the man this guy is!

Posted by TigerDX

That's an impressive feet! (cue Ryan dying slowly sound)

I had to mute it though, getting excited is fine but a lot of it just came off as pretty egregious.

Posted by Kireiiii
@takua108:  
I just think its strange. I know he speeds it up at times thats ok I think, but the cuts suggest its made out of moore than just one take. 
He can torrent the whole original take to prove me wrong. 
Posted by Ghostfish

Anyone else notice that he also got the good ending, actually saving the princess, instead of getting Toad flipping you off saying that she's in another castle? Even the princess recognized the effort.

Posted by Bandit_Fox

That's pretty damn impressive.

Also, I like how Simba is holding the NES copy of SMB. There an "I just can't wait to be king" joke in here somewhere...

Posted by MJHAYLETT

the things that people do

Posted by TripMasterMunky

If he beats MegaMan 2 that'll be more impressive.

Posted by cichy69

pretty cool ;)  ...someone has a lot of time on their hands too :]

Posted by Sarumarine
@Meatsim said:
" The real question is can you beat Super Mario Bros with a skateboard controller. "
Super Mario RIDE!?

Awesome video. I remember how psyched I was beating Mario Bros. with a regular damn controller. Dance pad? Crazy. Crazy!
Posted by golguin

I got this for the Wii when it came out and I was surprised at how many times I died trying to rush through the game. All my childhood skills for the platforming and remembering the hidden blocks and shortcuts were gone. Yet my friend a few years younger than me (21 years old) still remembered where everything was.

All in all, this is pretty amazing stuff.

Posted by Junpei

hmm, could have fireballed Bowser at the end instead of getting hit and have a flawless run

Edited by Nario

@Olivaw said:

" Mega Man 2 is the "easy" Mega Man game, right?  Because that would at least be within the realm of possibility and would not blow my mind as completely as certain other Mega Man games. "

Ugh, it's going to be impossible on a dance pad. You obviously haven't beaten Mega Man 2 before! :P 

@Kireiiii said:

Because YouTube has a ten minute time limit, and it can be extended to 10:59. If you look closely, my video is 10:58. It was very hard deciding which parts to cut short just to avoid making a two-parter. Oh, and I did not cheat or save state or splice multiple runs or whatever you accused me of in your other post. If you observe closely, anytime that the video has a cut you can see that my points/high score stay the same. I pretty much cut away anything that isn't important. You have my word on this, no, my entire existence. This was very hard to do, it took me a week and a half to do it, and it really was done in one run. I wish I could've left the 12.5 minute video in its unaltered state, but YouTube wouldn't let me.
Posted by Kireiiii
@Nario:  
Ok, just checking. Next time post a torrent with the whole video. 
Posted by MrYevrah

duder, where are your SOCKS MAN!

Posted by Milkman

Castlevania is more impressive than Super Mario Bros. to me. But still...DAMN!

Posted by Nario
@MrYevrah said:
" duder, where are your SOCKS MAN! "
The dance pad instruction manual specifically states: "Step on the pad only in your bare feet." Sorry!
Posted by cooljammer00
@Nario: Do you get some sort of GB achievement by being posted on the front page?
Posted by Brunchies

This is madness, beating Castlevania with a dance pad however is just impossible.

Posted by Nario
@cooljammer00 said:
" @Nario: Do you get some sort of GB achievement by being posted on the front page? "
I don't think so, but I did get one for obtaining 25 followers! :D
Posted by sopranosfan
@Nario said:
" @cooljammer00 said:
" @Nario: Do you get some sort of GB achievement by being posted on the front page? "
I don't think so, but I did get one for obtaining 25 followers! :D "
Just remember the people that were following you before you were on the front page when you become super famous.
Posted by Nario
@sopranosfan said:

" @Nario said:

" @cooljammer00 said:
I don't think so, but I did get one for obtaining 25 followers! :D "
Just remember the people that were following you before you were on the front page when you become super famous. "
Absolutely. I wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for my friends, family, and fans. I really have to give credit to everyone: I'm making these videos for you guys. :)

The results are in!

DuckTales 1 - 38
Mega Man 2 - 108

Mega Man 2 is the winner! See you all again on Monday!
Posted by Sharpshooter

OK that was pretty damn impressive
  • 157 results