283 Comments
Posted by Radish

I feel bad for when Brad realized how long this actually is

Posted by Crushed

If they had just figured out the shotgun and "turn around" tactics earlier.

It literally took them 2-3 minutes to kill the wallcrawler once they figured that out.

Posted by PLWolf

All that work, for that? ugh 
Oh Well, you guys need to do george's mission in the next one.

Posted by Junpei
@Shandwraith4:  I honestly haven't run into a duder in several months. I'm usually on multiple times throughout the day and see things pretty quick to when they're posted. Maybe I'm just lucky....
Posted by Olivaw

Does it seem to anyone else that the lady can't ever grab you if you're on the opposite wall from her? Like, she seems to just grab at air and sit there. Probably doesn't work when she's on the ceiling, but still.

That would make these fights even easier if that works.

Posted by TadThuggish

"Slow and steady wins the race."
"I know, but it's a shitty race to be in."

lawwwwwwwwllllllllllllll

Posted by skrutop

"Some people are being fangoriously devoured by a gelatinous monster.  Hillary's legs are being digested!"

Posted by Simmse
@mutha3:  Well thats good, i thought they were wasting them.
Posted by zaglis

CLOSE QUARTERS BANANAS! JEAH.

Edited by 34wsdfsdfwe

For God's sake, use the shotgun on the wall-whores. Those fights could take 10 minutes less.

Edit: Thank God!

Posted by Ronald

Stinky agent! And I wondered how long it would take them to figure out if you run past her she does her grab animation and is vulnerable then. And with the shotgun, the wall crawlers died pretty fast. That's what the infinite shotgun is for, those things.

Posted by CharlesSurge

Buh, when are either of these Endurance groups gonna try shotgun/melee on the wallcrawlers. For crying out loud.

Posted by Zlimness

God damn, that was one motherfucker of a side-quest. I hope Brad doesn't spend 2-3 episodes trying to get it. Definitely not worth it either.

Posted by nickux

I remember two days ago I was actually kind of excited to see where the story went with the whole paying a visit to Mr. Stewart thing (because I'm stupid) but then Keith had to fucking ruin both Endurance Runs with Psychic Spot B!

Posted by LordAndrew
@mutha3 said:
" You can blame them for not playing up to this point off-camera, like even a youtube LP'er would. "
They're not going to let us miss even a minute of the experience, unless the video itself is lots. We get to see everything they do, no matter how repetitive. That's how they roll.
Posted by LordAndrew
@CharlesSurge said:
" Buh, when are either of these Endurance groups gonna try shotgun/melee on the wallcrawlers. For crying out loud. "
Did you not watch? Vinny ended up using the shotgun and it ended up being much more effective than their previous strategy.
Posted by TadThuggish

Vinny: "WHAT is going on?", while fighting the wallcrawlers.

WHAT is going on is that you're not aiming at her.  If she's in front of you and you shoot to the right of her, that's not a reason to bitch.  That's simple hand-eye coordination.

Edited by MeatSim

A textbook example of why it's called an endurance run.

Posted by darkdragonsoul99

and now it locks up on the screen that says please do not turn off your console

Posted by RagingLion
@Wiseblood said:
" @Shandwraith4 said:
" the worst part about Giant Bomb is that a good bit of the time the videos dont even work.  I cant think of a single other site that is anywhere near as tempermental in this regard.     "
This does seems to happen with alarming frequency.  I know this isn't the most professionally run website but do they ever check these things after uploading them? "
The reason is that they're not in the office when they're uploaded.  It means we get the videos earlier but if there's an error in the compiling of the videos overnight or whatever the equivalent process is then they can be broken, yes.  I'm ok with that.
Posted by Cypher

Oh my god, did Jeff just ruin Twin Peaks for me there near the end?

Posted by LiquidElite

i know spot b was horrible and felt like it was not worth it but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE do spot C puhLEAZE. :)

Posted by Milkman

Haven't watched the episode yet but Strong Bad reference in the description already makes this one a winner!

Posted by Besetment

For some reason I thought it was hilarious that Jeff randomly spoils Twin Peaks near the end of this QL. I guess you'd have to watch the show to understand what he meant, but still.

Posted by WolfmanJenkins
@LiquidElite: Unless Jeff And VInny are up for doing post-story side missions, I don't think that is going to happen. Even if they do, the infinite RPG is practically useless at that point.
Posted by TwoLines
@Cypher said:
" Oh my god, did Jeff just ruin Twin Peaks for me there near the end? "
Close Quaters Bananas was the spoiler? If not, I don't want to know.
Posted by StrikeALight

"What the F?!" 

Classic episode.

Posted by Smashlampjaw

Oh man that Whhhhhhhole part was brutal. just watching

Posted by rjayb89

Lol, pumpkin head?  Man.

Posted by Catolf

wow, a lot longer than expected, but good job guy's!

Posted by Seroth

I wish I could've told them that Psychic Spot B wasn't worth the effort, but oh well. I want them to get an infinite melee weapon already! That's all they really need now.

Edited by Skooky

It's too bad they don't have the flamethrower. You can kill wall ladies in about 10 seconds with that.

Posted by StealthRaptor
@mutha3 said:
" @_Horde:   You can blame them for not playing up to this point off-camera, like even a youtube LP'er would. "
Do you not realize how easy it is for you to skip everything they did yesterday? You only have to click your mouse once...
Posted by Sarumarine

"Pop a barrel, get some honor." sounds like a great tag line that could be on the back of this box, or a caption of a picture on the Deadly Premonition page.

Posted by Brake

Now why would you put a million wall-ladies in your game? That's just not Rockin, bro.

Posted by JTHomeslice

Homestar Runner reference, you guys are the best.

Posted by YoungDetective

Homestar Runner, we love you!

Posted by Fogh

YES, Imp noises.
Posted by JP_Russell

Glad they finally figured out that they should just run past the wall lady when she comes at them, turn around and shoot her, rinse and repeat.  I figured that was what they should be doing a long time ago, and I've never even played this game.  :P  Shame BR will probably never have the sense to figure this strategy out. 

Man, the infinite shotgun is a real bummer.

Posted by MisterMouse

nice long episode!!!!!!!

Posted by Mezmero

Today was great despite the repeated shit.  Vinny I will fight you!  I'll stomp all over your ass with Bison.  Dave you are a miracle of modern science.  Jeff you need to tell us more about Close Quarters Bananas, and give more SSFIV advice.

Posted by RicBlaine

Hooray for all of the sidequest love. 

Posted by Irish87

Dave should stop by more often. 

Posted by onarum
@LiquidElite said:

" i know spot b was horrible and felt like it was not worth it but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE do spot C puhLEAZE. :) "

After this I seriously doubt they will ever try one of those maps again, and can you blame them?

This sweary guy should get some game design lessons...
Posted by danimal_furry

That was painful to watch. I'm glad they are playing this so I don't have to. There would be a very broken controler, or game system, or window if I was playing.

Posted by sagesebas
@ALMIGHTYCHEEKS: It was messed up for me for awhile, I attribute it to the new update. I eventually restarted my computer and it worked.
Posted by Ventilaator

I think it's great that at first they find an use for the shotgun, and then receive the ifinite shotgun

Posted by Milkman

I take back my earlier comment. 

Never do another one of these maps again. EVER!

Posted by EmperorSeth

Wow, that SUCKED! Did they have to stretch it out that much?  At least these videos are giving me ideas for what to do when I have to endure the crawling shadows.  But I'll be putting off this quest for a while, I think.

Posted by Death_Unicorn

We need more Dave!

"That looks like a lazy ass worm"
Dave should come and be part of the commentary!