283 Comments
Posted by Milkman
@mutha3 said:
" @_Horde:   You can blame them for not playing up to this point off-camera, like even a youtube LP'er would. "
That's not how the Endurance Run works.
Posted by Max_Cherry

Do george's quest and get the radio that teleports you to different locations!

Posted by mutha3
@Milkman said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @_Horde:   You can blame them for not playing up to this point off-camera, like even a youtube LP'er would. "
That's not how the Endurance Run works. "
I guess.

I wish it would, though.
Posted by Baal_Sagoth
@CharlesSurge said:

" Buh, when are either of these Endurance groups gonna try shotgun/melee on the wallcrawlers. For crying out loud. "

What's with all the crappy "advice"? Comments like this were made since the wall ladies first appeared. And someone always keeps making 'em even though the strategies that were proposed have already been tried without great success. They shotgun has been tried in both ERs and the timing seems to be more difficult even though the damage isn't amazing at all.
Brad tried melee weapons on several occasions in the other ER and the timing seems to be difficult with those as well even though they actually seem to do somewhat better damage. 
I can't believe some people still blame the players for the atrocious design of this piece-of-shit-game (as far as combat is concerned). Dudes, it's pretty fucking obvious how flawed and inferior to far greater titles this game is. 

@nickux said:

" I remember two days ago I was actually kind of excited to see where the story went with the whole paying a visit to Mr. Stewart thing (because I'm stupid) but then Keith had to fucking ruin both Endurance Runs with Psychic Spot B! "

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I was actually surprised how charmingly twisted and fucked up the story got after I was already starting to dismiss Deadly Premonition as just plain bullshit. But the designers always seem to find a way to drown all the weird, nice bits in a sea of shitty gamedesign, clunky controls/ interface/ map system.... the list goes on ....  
It's fucking unbelievable that utter shit like today's side mission passes any sort of quality control. Soooo glad the guys stuck it out & still manage to make it very entertaining with their commentary even though the game actually sucks enthusiasm and fun out of me. Respect for covering this game regardless guys!  
Posted by bybeach

Turkey sandwich, incredibly delicious..

'Send it to the Tool Box!' Really made me laugh, just can't imagine my tool box( was just looking at it working on the truck) with a intend to eat  turkey sandwich in it.  

listening to wall crawler lady fight while typing this....lol..get it off,get it off 

C'mon guys, shes nekkid an all, like that horny woman in Fear 2.

Edited by mutha3
@Baal_Sagoth: 

Huh? 

They killed the wallcrawlers five times as fast by using the shotgun. Also, the melee weapon Brad used has long range, just like the game told him, so he could have stood from a further distance and avoid being hit.
Posted by White

I got real scared for them there.

Posted by TurboMan

The Yeah Yeah Yeah's reference at 52:20 was priceless.

Edited by Baal_Sagoth
@mutha3: 
Well, you probably have a point since I'm just reacting to watching the ER - I've never played DP myself and thus haven't experimented with all the weapons. Throughout both ERs there just didn't seem to be a point where the wall lady fights were anything but a royal pain in the ass. No strategy seems to make these encounters fun or enjoyable although there doesn't seem to be any actual challenege involved if you just take your time (I would probably play it save - e.g use the MP - myself).
I guess my point is: The pattern of the enemy is crappy and drawn out, the frequency of these fights happening is far too high, especially VJ do a decent job fighting them and a story driven game like DP shouldn't require perfect player reaction to offer a somewhat decent experience  instead of a shitty one.
Maybe melee would make it a bit quicker but the fights still would be fucking shit. That's of course just my personal opinion and I may miss an essential game mechanic...
Posted by CaptainFish

To those complaining about this being an uneventful or boring episode, or suggesting that they skip this stuff and go to the story, find an lp somewhere else. The endurance run is about enduring through a game, not speed running it. We are supposed to be right there as they experience the story, but also the ups and downs of the Deadly Premonition experience.

Posted by JP_Russell
@Baal_Sagoth said:
" @CharlesSurge said:

" Buh, when are either of these Endurance groups gonna try shotgun/melee on the wallcrawlers. For crying out loud. "

What's with all the crappy "advice"? Comments like this were made since the wall ladies first appeared. And someone always keeps making 'em even though the strategies that were proposed have already been tried without great success. They shotgun has been tried in both ERs and the timing seems to be more difficult even though the damage isn't amazing at all.
Brad tried melee weapons on several occasions in the other ER and the timing seems to be difficult with those as well even though they actually seem to do somewhat better damage. 
I can't believe some people still blame the players for the atrocious design of this piece-of-shit-game (as far as combat is concerned). Dudes, it's pretty fucking obvious how flawed and inferior to far greater titles this game is.  

The only reason the shotgun has done poorly before was because neither BR or VJ were using the proper, and very obvious, strategy on the wall ladies.  VJ only just now realized it.  BR very likely never will.  When the wall lady comes at you, run past her, turn around, and shoot her while she's still in her grabbing animation that was too slow to get you before you could run past her.  This way the shotgun's clunkiness isn't an issue, it's impossible for the wall lady to ever grab you, and she dies relatively quickly.  I've never played this game or any game like it, and I knew they should be doing that by the time they encountered like the second or third one.

No one is blaming VJ or BR for the design of this game.  Just because the game is bad doesn't mean it's all always the game's fault.  Brad just does stupid things constantly even when the game isn't being completely retarded, and Vinny and Jeff took a long time to figure out the obvious strategy for the wall ladies (not that I personally am complaining about Vinny, he plays just fine for the most part, but I do feel he and Jeff took longer to figure this out than they should have).
Posted by SubwayD

I'll watch this later but, hey hey, awesome H*R video description! :D

Posted by deerhaunter

I skip the video ahead whenever they fight the wallcrawlers. Deadly Premonition has absolutely captured the essence of monotony with them.

Posted by BigChief

Five of those things in one video? FIVE? Good lord! I suppose they don't call it an Endurance Run for nothing. Also, Dave is pretty awesome, always nice to hear from him.

Posted by Akel

i  wouldn't mind if they actually used a guide for once, just to know which quests are best to take on.

Posted by RVonE

"Let's stop playing." 

Best idea yet.
Posted by ominousbedroom

Fairy shoes!

Posted by BenderUnit22

Boy, if Jeff spoiled Twin Peaks for me I'll be pissed. I just started watching yesterday because of DP

Posted by lolak47

VINNY IS MUCH BETTER AT THIS GAME THEN BRAD...... BRAD SUX SOOOOO BAD !!!! 
They both had same gun and brad coudlnt kill that wall bitch and used like 5 health stuffs, 
while vinny was pwning em and talking bout streetfighter at same time LOL.

Posted by Winternet

GOD YES! VJ finally has a decent strategy for lady crawlers. That final one was like 6 shotgun shots or something.

And it's official. Worst side quest ever in videogames history.

Posted by FluffyPillow

Infinite beef!

Posted by Baal_Sagoth
@JP_Russell: 
Ok, since you're the second person responding in a similar fashion I guess I'll have to see what happens when VJ employ the comparatively successful "run past and use shotgun" tactic more consistently and if that is effective in taking some of the tedium out of these fights (hopefully the answer is yes!!).
I'm aware of the problem to blame user error on the game whenever possible since I'm guilty of it at times as well ;) But I gotta say I feel VJ/BR's pain when they have to execute tactics like these so often in fights that are that boring and got kinda annoyed of people posting the same hints over and over again.
I didn't mean to piss fans of the game or people just trying to help off. I only know ridiculous segments ike "psychic spot B" too well to not sympathize with the players having to endure it. Certainly they don't play even close to perfect but I just didn't get the impression that they were extraordinarily terrible either...  
Posted by Henrikhoe

God Vinny u are so much better then Brad. 

Way to go.

Posted by Box3ru13

Wow, completely not worth it at all. They need to get the radio asap. Ugh the rest was just terribad. The shotgun seems cool but those damn wall monsters are the worst. I had to skip that 2nd hallway because it was just horrible. I hope BR just skips it. 

Posted by Spoonman671

So sick of these wall-crawling ladies.

Posted by wristwatchmafia

Blarrgghhh! We have endured! 

Also: I love all these people coming out of the wood work berating Jeff and Vinny for being stupid for not figuring out the shotgun trick. Kind of conspicuous in your silence pre-this episode, don't you think guys?

Posted by mutha3
@wristwatchmafia: 

You are either insane or completely blind.

People have said it over 50000 times now, that they need to stop firing a weapon with a ''very low'' attack rating on the Wallcrawlers and bust out  a melee weapon or shotgun.
Posted by sixghost
@Baal_Sagoth said:
" @CharlesSurge said:

Ask anyone that played the game and they will tell you ANYTHING but the SMG or the pistol is the way to go vs the wallcrawlers. The timing with the shotgun isn't the slightest bit hard, you have like a full second to shoot the thing, and it does like 5x the damage that SMG does per grab.

Using the magnum vs those things later on actually can be kind of hard because it doesn't spread, but it kills them every quicker.

Posted by ghostNPC

Need more guests on these endurance run, like Dave :D yay dave cameo

Posted by Nux

I knew they were going to get the infinite shotgun in that side quest but damn, all that trouble just for that. Damn that sucks. I hope Brad decides not to do this side quest or he figures out the easy way to kill the wall ladies or his next episode will suck.....I hate the wall ladies so much.
Posted by Toxin066

Wow man. THAT was an endurance run.

Posted by Gaff
@BenderUnit22:
There really should be a statute of limitations on spoilers. It has been 20 years now for Twin Peaks. 

Oh Christ, I'm getting old.
Posted by Sogeman

Damn them for limiting the car speeds to under 88 mph. Time Travel... DENIED

Posted by I_smell

allright whoever thinks this is an actual good game is officially a fucking idiot.

Posted by raidingkvatch

DAVE!!!

Posted by DarkbeatDK

Is it worth it to lock on with the gun in this sequence with the wall lady?

Posted by xdan0x

This is a poorly made game (Irregarding  their budget or talent(AD S02E08) .) I never thought the endurance run was about playing bad games, just long ones. 
I'm hoping brad doesn't attempt this, I haven't got a Zettabyte hard drive yet to store that episode on. 

Posted by insane_shadowblade85

I love the fact that both Jeff and Vinny talked about Super Street Fighter 4, at length, during the wall lady fight and still did tons better than Brad.
Posted by cruellordsoth

when ever you look at the map it kills me a little inside its so PAINFUL

Posted by EToaster

I'm glad they finally figured out how to kill the wall crawlers in less than half an hour each.  It took them long enough.  To be honest, I didn't get the infinite shotgun until after I finished the game, and I never came close to running out of shells for it, using it whenever there were multiple zombies around, so the reward here is actually pretty useless after the infinite SMG.

Posted by Sogeman

Why they are not using the Shotty for the peon Zombies is beyond me.

Posted by MJHAYLETT

I wouldn't play this game if you payed me. Thanks GB for doing it for us.

Posted by CitizenKane

One hour and 13 minutes?!?

THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Posted by AllanIceman

That was painful...ARGH!!!!

Posted by Brendan
@I_smell said:
"allright whoever thinks this is an actual good game is officially a fucking idiot. "

The crusaders for this game are out there, don't incite them to start talking.
Posted by grokman10

RUN, SPIN,NAIL!!! ...zzz...EVADE!!!

Edited by Tryptophan

Yes Jeff! I knew I recognized the sound it made when wall lady pops one out. original DOOM Imp sound all the way.
Finally someone noticed Lilly's constant use of "Hun" is really ridiculous.
Infinite Beef FTW

I think the reaction VJ had to the infinite shotgun mission is the same reaction the whole group is going to have for the rest of the game. This game clearly looks like no fun to play.  At all.

I am afraid Jeff did let slip a pretty pertinent chunk of info concerning Twin Peaks. Though it was out of context to the show, if you know who insert name here is, then you know what he said was major. The show is still going to be enjoyable, but with the mystery gone it won't hit as hard.

Personally, I got excited when Jeff was saying they would never play again, I think he means it. 
The ER's are fun for the funny quips, and I watch them everyday, but wow, this game is losing its lustre.

EDIT sorry if my earlier mention of said name spoiled it for those people who tried to avoid Jeff's spoiler.

Posted by Karkarov

Mother of god am I happy I skipped the vids of the museum.  I read comments so I know people pointed it out but it really is easy to just drop them with the shotgun once you get the timing down.  I mean they spend more time doing this side mission than I did clearing an actual level ;p

Edited by iAmJohn
@wristwatchmafia said:

" Blarrgghhh! We have endured!   Also: I love all these people coming out of the wood work berating Jeff and Vinny for being stupid for not figuring out the shotgun trick. Kind of conspicuous in your silence pre-this episode, don't you think guys? "

Bitch, please.  I sent Vinny a fucking Tweet on Monday telling him to shoot the damn wall-crawlers with the shotgun.
Posted by Ghosthead84

Skip to the end, and shotgun!  Thank you and good night.