283 Comments
Posted by SilenceUK

i dont know why they have such an issue with the wall crawler....hine a gun at her till shes on the side wall get a semi fastish melee weapon sneak up to her and whack dead in seconds
Posted by Scooper
@insane_shadowblade85 said:
" I love the fact that both Jeff and Vinny talked about Super Street Fighter 4, at length, during the wall lady fight and still did tons better than Brad. "
I just like that they're talking about Street Fighter.
Posted by Hourai

Holy god this episode is long. I should watch it in two parts. 

Posted by bigall94

CLOSE QUARTERS BANANAS!

Posted by thefreed

You guys need to start eating more lunches at the sheriffs station... that's how you get MORE CRAZY CUT SCENES!!!
Pass this message on to BR too.

Posted by Konanda

Vinny and Jeff should pay George a night visit sometime before Chapter 14. 

As soon as Jeff said "Ya Dave yesterday it loc" the video stream locked up on me for two minutes.  

Posted by Meteora
@SilenceUK said:
" i dont know why they have such an issue with the wall crawler....hine a gun at her till shes on the side wall get a semi fastish melee weapon sneak up to her and whack dead in seconds "
If it helps, the game has awful controls...?
Posted by Trnck

WAHHHHHHHH it's long yay

Posted by Jedted

Boy that was a long one!  I think i actually felt Jeff's pain while watching that. 
Posted by Aarny91

Can someone tell me where Jeff almost spoils Twin Peaks? I want to skip past it.

Posted by TehJedicake

Just wait till you see what Spiritual Map C is :P

Edited by Desensitized

Spiritual Map B is kind of worth it, but make sure you guys don't skip C when you get the chance, it IS worth getting.

Now go find the 7 bones on the map. :p

Posted by WrenchNinja

Damn, I feel sorry for Vinny. This game is soooo bad in the actual gameplay part.

Edited by Tryptophan

Jeff drops the Twin Peaks bomb at 1:09:40.
Dave asks "who killed the homecoming queen?" at 1:09:37, Jeff answers quickly, and that is it. 
Though I don't think it was a "spoiler" as in Jeff meant to ruin anything for anyone, it is just a fact that Twin Peaks is an old show and whodunit is now easily accessible common knowledge.
Dave is a fun addition BTW:)

Posted by ConduitFourSale

I loved Jeff's sigh after the wall crawler threw her janky energy ball 

Edited by bybeach

Looks like crotch shots to help take out wall crawler lady. Almost seems to fit. 

Whatever gets you past it, eh?
Posted by Gunner612

... nice MDC reference.

Posted by Kowbrainz

Have taken to listening to Midnight Brown songs in the background every time a wall crawler comes up to lighten the mood a bit. Because unless these things start getting taken care of a bit faster, I think I'm going to go crazy.

Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite

"lead pipe these fucks" GENIUS!!

Edited by Dark_Lord_Spam

Watching this endurance run has left me with zero confidence in Jeff's and Vinny's ability to navigate. I imagine they'd be fun on a road trip.

Edit: Also I can't believe they missed Ushah's car again.

Posted by brotherlu

Hey vinny if you read this, get the .357 magnum infinite ammo. Collect all the bones on the map and give it to kaysen/willie. It will cut the difficulty by half.

Posted by Rabid619

This game has a certain charm to it that almost makes me want to play it myself... then the actual gameplay happens. Again, thank you for playing this so I don't have to haha.

Posted by PandaShake

Yes, that spread is nice

Posted by artofwar420

Thanks guys for struggling through glitches and whatnot to bring us this awesome(?) game.

Posted by teekomeeko

I like how they are now saving like I do, panicking about freezes and whatnot

Posted by Cake

I can't believe he spoiled Twin Peaks... I'm really glad I bought it a week ago and in the middle of watching it. Awesome.

Posted by Ulong
@Desensitized: They can't do spiritual map C untill chapter 26. Which is game over basically.
Posted by ashogo
@Brendan said:
" @I_smell said:
"allright whoever thinks this is an actual good game is officially a fucking idiot. "
The crusaders for this game are out there, don't incite them to start talking. "
oh shut the fuck up already. Yes, some of us like it. I can totally see why so many people hate Deadly Premonition, but that doesn't stop me from having a sort of morbid attraction towards it.
Posted by charlie_victor_bravo
@Rabid619 said:
" This game has a certain charm to it that almost makes me want to play it myself... then the actual gameplay happens. Again, thank you for playing this so I don't have to haha. "
Same here. If this game had for example puzzles instead zombie shoot outs it would rock.
Posted by ashogo
@Aarny: 1:09:35-1:09:43
Posted by MichaelAnderson

All this "Hell yeah!" crap might be some kind of irony on the Giant Bomb staff's part, but to me it just looks and sounds like rednecks playing games.

Posted by Dudacles

You can tell that they are growing more and more annoyed at this game. At least they were having fun with Persona 4.

Posted by BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie

Next time anyone tries to claim that this game is actually good, I'm showing them this video. Fuck this game, no joke.

Edited by Ulong
@BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie: 

This point in the game they could have a flamethrower that kills wall guys in no time, this point in the game they could also have an infinite ammo magnum that kills them even faster.
By no means am I saying this is a perfect game, but the game is actively made worse by there choice to avoid doing the majority of sidequests. A good example of this is when they had like, 20 free hours to kill before meeting nick's wife behind the diner, and they just smoked through it all.
That was time they could have been getting an infinite ammo magnum and beating those wall climbers in a few seconds.

Edit: Hell, I'm pretty sure if they just used there shotgun (they had enough ammo) to fight the wall climbers instead of using the smg this video would have been a little shorter. It's like watching the Persona 4 endurance run if they tried to play the entire game without ever doing a social link, and without using any persona's outside of the ones they found in the first dungeon.

Edit again: Got to the part where they finally started using the shotgun. yay.
Edited by Ulong

Guys barely touch sidequesting and some of the few ones they do are literally the only ones that involve fighting shadows :(
Guys are going to leave with the impression they should avoid sidequests even though the others are cool.

@Ulong: Fair enough...kind of. It's still extremely poor game design to have to seek out these (sometimes) obscure sidequests to make these horrible sections bearable. Not to mention the sections themselves are just horrible game design. Like, I honestly have no idea how someone could think that section of the game would be fun or interesting in any way, regardless of whether you have a weapon that allows you to cheese your way through it.
Edited by Ulong

You are right about these sections being bad game design either way. Not only is it just waves of enemies, but  also it's either: 
"Unfun because it takes so long" or 
"you allready have an infinite ammo magnum why the hell do you need an infinite shotgun which is a worse gun"

I do want to say that the sidequests aren't obscure in anyway though. There's a list, in game(Right bumper on the map screen), of every sidequest, who you get it from, and in what chapters it's available.
Edit: the only sidequest I'd call obscure is the game doesn't tell you that you need to do Anna's Mom's sidequest before Becky's sidequests. Which confused me a little when I was trying to figure out why Becky wouldn't give me her quests.
Really the ingame sidequest listings is one of the smartest game design descisions I've seen in a game. (which is kind of ironic since it's in the same game that thought Pychic hotspot B was a good idea)
This is one of the first games I've been full clearing, just because they make it so easy and intuitive to do.
Posted by nerdrage32
@BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
" Next time anyone tries to claim that this game is actually good, I'm showing them this video. Fuck this game, no joke. "
Is it a good game? Not in a lot of respects. It was an entertaining game though despite all the messy stuff. 

This is a pointless argument to have though because many of us who have played the game had a good time with it, and no video that you can show us is going to change that. Meanwhile most of those who haven't played the game and decided to declare the game crap based off the endurance run aren't going to play the game themselves to find out. Their minds won't change either, and it probably won't help that neither team has gotten to what I thought were the worst parts of the game. 

I will agree though that the endurance run is making this game look bad.  Both teams (one in particular) have made things much more difficult and tedious than they need to be, which hasn't helped. But if I hadn't played this game before watching this stuff, I am pretty sure I wouldn't want to play it either.
Posted by Demonhick

Watching them fight the crawlers is painfully boring. Especially since the shotgun takes them down way faster, and the flamethrower takes them down in literally 3 seconds.

Posted by MindChamber

I dont get it, this game looks horrible and the dialogue isnt interesting in the least.  Is this like a running gag on giantbomb, or is this game something they really love?

Posted by Shinri
@MindChamber said:
"I dont get it, this game looks horrible and the dialogue isnt interesting in the least.  Is this like a running gag on giantbomb, or is this game something they really love? "

It's actually a pretty good game.
@nerdrage32: @Ulong: I just wanted to say I'm really glad that it turns out there ARE some fans of this game who can still admit how deeply flawed it is. I was getting really sick of people saying dumb shit like "This is literally the best game I've played in the past year" and Destructoid giving it a 10 and so on. It's refreshing for a cult-hit game to not have rabid, spergy fanboys, I guess is what I'm saying.
Posted by mrfluke

OMG that was a fucking wreak to watch, i really feel bad for the bomb squad having to go through that again twice,  you guys need to look up how to get this infinite magnum and this infinite flamethrower people are talking about 

Posted by ZagZagovich
It is a bit silly to assume that people really think that this game is flawless. I've been sick of people complaining that other people like this game. Do you really think that people had fun fighting those wall ladies or the horrible map that you can't zoom out or any other flat out terrible part of the game? I'm not sure if a person can take things so literally. I guess if you got to know how to appreciate those kinds of things because this by the end of the game it surpasses even the "it's so bad it's good" territory and becomes something of it's own where you don't just laugh at the bad parts but really enjoy them . It probably sounds like complete nonsense but It's hard to express it with words. Kind of like "The Room" but you actually like the guy who made it in the end. Also the game is very low budget. They couldn't even bring the PS3 version to US and there are no news on the PAL version. Sorry for rambling but I thought that by the 25 th episode people would get what's the thing is all about.
Posted by Aarny91
@ashogo: Thank you very much :)
Posted by DavidSnakes
@BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
" @nerdrage32: @Ulong: I just wanted to say I'm really glad that it turns out there ARE some fans of this game who can still admit how deeply flawed it is. I was getting really sick of people saying dumb shit like "This is literally the best game I've played in the past year" and Destructoid giving it a 10 and so on. It's refreshing for a cult-hit game to not have rabid, spergy fanboys, I guess is what I'm saying. "
This is literally the best game I've played in the best year
Posted by fuddles

This ER is longer than Cloverfield

@DavidSnakes: Well, then you're retarded. For more than one reason, considering you can't type either.
Posted by PandaShake
@MindChamber:  This game was constantly demanded to have an er made for and...you know why lol. They're only doing it because we demanded it.
Posted by Enns

This is the best game I've ever seen.