Oh my god so close.

Posted by Droop

Strange that all the DLC stuff is not on the PC :<

Posted by weegieanawrench

Alright! More modes!

Posted by Guyzea

Smelling clean isn't free.

Posted by fox01313

Stupid quest & okay looks like BF BC2, guess some kind of text would have helped detail this new MP mode a little better.

Posted by imad81

damn..just missed it..

Posted by drowsap

so is the a 4 player horde mode ?

Posted by yinstarrunner
@Droop:   It is, except on PC it's all free and automatically updated.
Posted by Sogeman

It has already been  said why it probably won't come to PC and that it's not free 
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1099654-onslaught-pc.html#post14949637

Posted by CastroCasper

Seems pretty cool, I don't know if I will get it right away though.

Posted by Devil240Z
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" GO GO HORDE MODE "
Invasion mode! UT did it first! 
Posted by The_Laughing_Man
@masterpaperlink said:
" Please be free "
It is not free for consoles. 
Posted by Devil240Z

This should breathe some life into the already tired (for me) online MP. Honestly I need anything I can get to hold me off until Socom 4. 

Posted by Vinny_Says

could this possibly be in the VIP code thing or am I delusional...I'll still pay for it if I must. Looks fun!

Posted by SuperSambo

Looks good, hopefully around 800pts. 1200 may put many people off and 1600 would put everyone off.

Posted by Aeterna

So.. why are people talking about prices? I'm just assuming it's free. Just like the maps.

Posted by natetodamax

So what is it?

Posted by JP_Russell

BC2's AI is so awful that I can't say this kind of game mode for this game is terribly appealing.  But I wouldn't mind trying it out.  Hope they figure out a way to bring it to PC.

Posted by Sogeman
@Aeterna:  Some people don't seem to read comments :)
Posted by Adziboy
@Devil240Z said:
"This should breathe some life into the already tired (for me) online MP. Honestly I need anything I can get to hold me off until Socom 4.  "

Don't remind me of SOCOM 4. I bought SOCOM 2 again for a tenner last week and been playing that. Playing SOCOM at the moment doesnt work because every room is basically cold front with a bajillion thermal scopes.
Posted by SilentCommando
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @masterpaperlink said:
" Please be free "
It is not free for consoles.  "
Where does it say that?  This sounds really fun, so I'm hoping it'll be free for consoles.
Posted by Aeterna
@Sogeman said:
" @Aeterna:  Some people don't seem to read comments :) "
because commenters are always right. I know this is mainly a 360-oriented site but man, there are more platforms than that.
Posted by The_Laughing_Man
@SilentCommando said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @masterpaperlink said:
" Please be free "
Where does it say that?  This sounds really fun, so I'm hoping it'll be free for consoles. "
A dev posted on the forum it is not. 
Posted by SilentCommando
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @SilentCommando said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @masterpaperlink said:
" Please be free "
Where does it say that?  This sounds really fun, so I'm hoping it'll be free for consoles. "
A dev posted on the forum it is not.  "
That's too bad...hopefully the price will be reasonable.
Posted by Djeffers03

Awesome!

Posted by Piranesi

Defibrillator anyone?

Posted by Jayross

Nice. 4 player co-op.

Posted by unclejohnny79

Hopefully this hits pc

Posted by mrhankey

For those that think this will only be for the consoles: 
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63751

At this time it is only for Consoles because they don't want to destroy the online structure of pc gaming...personally i think they should tackle it the way valve approaches L4D for the pc...have dedicated and p2p possibilities...for only four players its fine.

Edited by cooljammer00

FIRST

Posted by Aishan

I can't tell what this is supposed to be, gameplay wise.

Posted by Metal_Mills

Umm...so what the hell is this mode? Horde mode kinda this? It doesn't even explain, pretty awful trailer.

Posted by silent_rob_604
@masterpaperlink: it is . There are also 5 sets of newish maps if u buy a new copy and use the vip code.
Posted by Xeiphyer

That map looks new, I wouldn't mind buying it just for the new map(s).

Posted by Milkman

So, is this a new game mode or maps or what?

Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Will this be enough to draw people's attention away from Red Dead Redemption?

The answer is: No, you FOOLISH FOOL!

Posted by MordeaniisChaos
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
" Will this be enough to draw people's attention away from Red Dead Redemption?  The answer is: No, you FOOLISH FOOL! "
Will this be competing with Red Dead Redemption? The answer is: No, you FOOLISH FOOL! 

So what exactly is this gametype or whatever? I got absolutely nothing out of the trailer. I mean, looks awesome, but yeah.
Posted by Urmean

What, it's not coming to PC?

Posted by jmrwacko
@SuperSambo said:
" Looks good, hopefully around 800pts. 1200 may put many people off and 1600 would put everyone off. "
Nobody's stupid enough to charge 1200 microsoft points for a single map pack. Oh, wait.
Posted by S0ndor

I dunno man. This is as un-battlefieldish as it gets. Besides, the AI for the bots in Battlefield games is, has always been and will most likely always be utter and complete garbage.

I love BF, but this really puts me off. Oh well, it might never even come to the PC anyway.

Posted by Derecto

Rofl, i dont get it. whats this mode all about, free for all !?

Posted by MeatSim

Meh, I already had my fill of BC2 already.

Posted by Contra

I have no idea what this is from the trailer
 From the official blog I see its co op with existing maps with enemies added in.

But AI will never be as devious or as fun to fight as a player.
For example to snipe someone, and then C4 that spot and move on, so that when they come looking for you, BOOM.

I dunno.  I will have to see.

Posted by Seppli

It's 4 player co-op versus AI. It's objective driven on existing maps (lighting, daytime, layout and vehicle spawns are different). There will be new vehicles as it seems. That gun boat sure is epic. 

I guess it's gonna be like 4 players with 100 tickets versus a ton of nasty AI. Like playing the big Rush mode, only against AI. 

Hopefully the matchmaking will be thight. Might be just right thing to relax from the real thing from time to time and frag the AI 'til it's sore.

Posted by Seppli
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro said:
" Will this be enough to draw people's attention away from Red Dead Redemption?  The answer is: No, you FOOLISH FOOL! "
While I will put a lot of time into Red Dead : Redemption (and buy it day 1), I definitely will return to BF:BC 2. For me, there's no grander online multiplayer experience than BF:BC 2. 

I'm curious to see how well DICE does co-op. It's their first co-op mode ever. Will it show? Hopefully it's good. I like me some co-op.
Posted by senrat94

Awesome! It would be really great if this were free but im sure they are going to want to charge for what should have already been in the game which is some form of co op.

Posted by jakob187

Um...what?  Are they seriously putting a survival mode into the game?  Are they going to be charging for this?  Will the AI be a bunch of 'nade-spamming, noob-tubing whores? 

So many questions... 

If they are charging and it doesn't have achievements, then I don't care.

• 63 results