395 Comments
Posted by Hector

Emily is hot!

Posted by mutha3
@Crushed said:
" @EmperorSeth said:
" Shame about the lack of giant dogs.  That was the first place that I saw them, and I just assumed it would be the same for VJ.  Once they finish the game, they should check out that episode of the BR run.  Good work on the boss fight, though!  It's not particularly hard, but that last form can take forever.  The worst thing is if you get on his shoulder for that last shot but you don't get it in time, he regenerates ALL his health!  Totally sucked when it happened to me. "
They're already finished.  I can't wait for them both to finish so they can compare their playthroughs and see how much the other missed. "
You think they're going to do a ER podcast? I doubt it, they didn't even do one for the last game:(
Posted by Kowbrainz

Now I feel all depressed. :/

Suehiro-san, you have my respect for your storytelling today.

Posted by jASPWN
@IronRinn said:
" @cap123 said:
" bah what a bad ending so far. That thomas in the clock tower scene was so good, it makes you wonder why the rest of the cutscenes weren't like that :( "
Really, you thought that the scene with Thomas was better than the Zach explanation? Was it because there was no hooks to the face? "
No, I'm willing to bet it's because in the lesser BR endurance run they said something along the lines of "wow, when did the cutscenes and lighting get so dramatic looking".. I'm justa sayin'.
Posted by twelve1784

I always thought they'd make it to 40. Ah well.

Edited by cap123
@jASPWN:  well you'd be wrong, as i've explained in my other replys.

can you not see how much better looking that scene is?
Edited by mutha3
@cap123 said:

" @jASPWN:  well you'd be wrong, as i've explained in my other replys.  can you not see how much better looking that scene is? "

When I think about garbage pail kid Kaysen chasing a blonde York through a tower, who suddenly turns out to be his imaginary friend instead of york himself, I kinda zone out and just look at the awesome.

Don't get me wrong, Facehook was fucking rad as well...but,dude.
Posted by Hemlock

Dude.

Posted by cap123
@mutha3: Facehook wasn't what i liked about the scene (even though it was pretty fucking rad), my point was it looked so good, and they obviously spent a lot of time on it, then regardless of how much more important this scene was they didn't think about it as much! The actual revelation was much more important and shocking, but i thought it lacked the same kind of attention to detail and could have been way more awesome!  

but i'll leave it at that haha, and wait til tomorrow :)
Posted by MosesWalker

Endurance Runs and creepy raper guys go hand in hand, I guess.
Posted by warxsnake

did anyone make a gif of that York smile?

Posted by Azteck
@Feigr said:
" Wow, these guys are pretty damn poor at understanding how games work for people that play them for a living. As soon as that bell struck one I understood that you had to get to the waypoint before it strikes 13, it's not really very complicated. "
Good for you, kid.
Posted by ShadowKing7

Oh man, that was so awesome!  A total mind screw...but so fucking AWESOME!!
Posted by IronRinn
@jASPWN:

Perhaps we are discussing this from two different perspectives, ie content vs. presentation. But if the argument is merely concerned with presentation then I think that Thomas's death scene perhaps wins out due to brevity. The scene's flashing back to the night of his parents's murder/suicide or Emily removing the tree from her torso seem just as well lit and composed as anything in the Thomas scene. It might be that, as cap123 supposes, they should have quit while they were ahead and avoided the Kaysen boss fight altogether.
Posted by TheYear20XX

Cool guys don't look at explosions.

Edited by ShadzKing

Whoa...shit just got real o_o

Edited by lordofultima

My mind just exploded, now this is how a fucking game should end! BRAVO

Posted by mrfluke

i love when the choice came up and jeff said "Fucking shoot kaysen"  

the game impacted the dude a little bit emotionally :P

Edited by Delta_Ass

I am speechless along with you Vinny.

Fucking amazing.

Though I gotta wonder... why did Zach have blonde hair with a black beard?

Posted by solidlife

Give this guy a Major budget!

Posted by Nasar7

Kaysen: You left her in my care, remember? You chose your job over the woman that you love.

Oh man, that line really bummed me out. He was suspicious of Kaysen from the beginning and yet left Emily alone with him. He was partially to blame =/

Posted by lordofultima
@Delta_Ass said:
" I am speechless along with you Vinny.  Fucking amazing.  Though I gotta wonder... why did Zach have blonde hair with a black beard? "
Normally people that bleach their hair don't bleach their beard, that takes too much time.
Posted by Delta_Ass
@lordofultima said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" I am speechless along with you Vinny.  Fucking amazing.  Though I gotta wonder... why did Zach have blonde hair with a black beard? "
Normally people that bleach their hair don't bleach their beard, that takes too much time. "

I thought Zach was naturally blonde, not bleached. Cause that would explain why his parents had the tops of their heads in shadow, so we wouldn't be able to see that they were blonde.
Posted by PlasmaMachine

What in the ever-living F.K. is going on?

Posted by Evilsbane

Awesome season of the ER guys great job, ended up enjoying it just as much, can't wait for the third!

Posted by Crushed
@Delta_Ass said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
Normally people that bleach their hair don't bleach their beard, that takes too much time. "
I thought Zach was naturally blonde, not bleached. Cause that would explain why his parents had the tops of their heads in shadow, so we wouldn't be able to see that they were blonde. "
Kid Zach had brown hair, though.

I've heard the explanation as, he was so traumatized that his hair turned white.
Posted by lordofultima
@Crushed said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
I thought Zach was naturally blonde, not bleached. Cause that would explain why his parents had the tops of their heads in shadow, so we wouldn't be able to see that they were blonde. "
Kid Zach had brown hair, though.  I've heard the explanation as, he was so traumatized that his hair turned white. "
Kid Zach really had blonde hair, it was the made up persona of York that had brown hair, which is who the brown-haired kid was. I was just being a joke-ster.
Posted by MeatSim

Well damn, didn't see that coming. I didn't expect something so ridiculous and messed up I can't wait to see what crazy stuffs gonna happen in the conclusion.

Posted by DoctorWelch

I stopped watching Ryan and Brad about 8-10 episodes back, but I think I'm gonna go back and watch em after seeing this insane ending.

Posted by ImBigInJapan

You know, the voice acting throughout this game was actually really excellent. Especially Emily and York/Zach.

Posted by Catolf

Just.. wow..

I got a little choked up. I kinda figured that would happen to Emily (at least something bad) but I think I'm still royally tramatized by that damn kiss...

BLLLEHHHHH!

Posted by RoadCrewWorker

That was just about the fucking craziest thing i've ever seen in a videogame.

Posted by MisterMouse

LONG EPISODE!

Posted by RoadCrewWorker

Seriously half of that episode was just Vinny and Jeff being fucking speechless of what was thrown at them.

Posted by Vinchenzo

As much as I hate this game, it's so fitting that there's a mostly-prominent deer head.  Luchadeer really had his hooves in this game.

Posted by WolfmanJenkins

Honestly if this game had much better production values behind it, everybody would probably be praising it. As it is right now however, it only reaches out to a certain niche.

Posted by Lotan

Woah, really Deadly Premonition? 

Posted by Kibblez

dont want (the endurance run) to diiiiee

Posted by Drace

Oh man really?! What was happening towards the end of the episode with Kaysen was a stretch even by Deadly Premonition's standards. 

Well I'll definitely be tuning in tomorrow!

Posted by EmuLeader
@MisuseOfLasers: @MisuseOfLasers said:
" Cool guys don't look at explosions. "

Well said.  Not even explosions of Kaysen guts.
Posted by Deathpooky

Well, if this follows the same plotline as previous endurance run, then after "guy who was actually doing most of the bad stuff but was being controlled" and "creepy raper dude controlling the first guy" comes "ultimate being behind the whole thing."  Deputy WIllie!  You're next! 

Seriously, that was a mind fuck.  The Zach/York thing was great, and I'm glad they finally explained it somewhat.  And bringing it back around to F K was a good touch - and it almost seems like we should have suspected him from the beginning, what with that creepy red tree he always carries around.  Main outstanding point whether the zombies you were killing the whole time were really just innocent people, but it sounds like they're not going to get into that. 

But the whole Emily/Kaysen scene.  Blergh.

Posted by SmarmyJerkface

Dragnet references, awesome!

Posted by NoXious

What. The. Fuck. And goddamn it, not Emily!
Now I have a bad after-taste. Fuck you DP! 

Posted by JayCee

Why is Amazing Grace playing in the background of the R. Killer scene?

Posted by Venatio

I really don't know what to say after all that, I understand nothing 

What the fuck just happened?

Posted by Bolt3

Oh wow. Wow. I'm speechless

Posted by BigChief

What the HELL just happened? That was insane. Can whatever happens next really explain all this? Whatever else this insanity was, it was riveting insanity.

Posted by Make_Me_Mad

I was going to say how weird it was that no one got killed while the whole town was going crazy there at the end, but then I realized that the entire boss fight probably took place in crazy-time.

Posted by Hoshnasi

Why is John Goodman so mean in this game?! 

Posted by GunslingerPanda

This game is fucking awesome. They better bring it to Europe, I will play the SHIT out of it.