395 Comments
Posted by Tuckertime
Posted by Tuckertime
@Twazzock: then stop watching, we won't mind
Posted by Mars_Cleric
@Tuckertime said:
" @Mars_Cleric: It's in development ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Broadband_Network), but if you voted rudd in thinking he could deliver on his promises your right to vote should be abolished. "

I turned 18 just after the elections so I had no say in the matter, I never thought Rudd would follow through on it but I preferred him over Howard/Costello 
This election though I have no idea...Rudd or Abbott...
Posted by allhailthetv

No offense to Brad, but I think that form 2 of Kaysen will take at least 2 tries for BR. Vinny probably couldn't have moved his thumb like that much longer, plus the fact that it's not immediately apparent that you can pause or use items during that bit. This all means bad things for BR.

The fuck was with that? Just running for five minutes with the occasional quicktime event? Why did they expect you to do this?

Posted by Fjordson

All of this "payoff" is kind of disappointing. And that Kaysen fight was fucking terrible. Still so entertaining, though. Lmao @ the animation of York banging his head into the door. Hats off to BR and VJ for playing through this. I hope we get another Endurance Run sometime soon. 

Posted by Jack268

Are tired already?

Posted by kevinski
@Durandir said:
" @gunslingerNZ: Where does it say that Kaysen is an alien? Nothing indicates him being an alien at all. The way I see it, he learned about these seeds some time before the 1950's. He experimented on them, and used them against the town with the military. For some reason. The seeds obviously transformed him into some kind of monster, which wasn't out-of-character for this game at all. Not what George was made into either. You know, there already was zombie-like monster people. "
Between what York says earlier in the game about another murder case (in which the killer tells York that an alien made him do it) and what Kaysen says when you make one of the other two choices (when Kaysen mentions that he's from the red planet or something along those lines) as to who you aim your gun at, it's safe to assume that Kaysen is an alien.
Posted by Jaqen_HGhar
@kevinski: Ah. I did not know that he more or less told that he was an alien. I stand corrected on that then. 
Thank you for that info, good sir! 

It still isn't out of character for the game though, which was my point all along. 
If it wasn't for the piss poor fight, it would be really cool. Seeing the killer(s) turning into typical anime monsters did lessen the impact a bit.
Posted by kevinski
@Durandir said:
" @kevinski: Ah. I did not know that he more or less told that he was an alien. I stand corrected on that then. Thank you for that info, good sir!  It still isn't out of character for the game though, which was my point all along. If it wasn't for the piss poor fight, it would be really cool. Seeing the killer(s) turning into typical anime monsters did lessen the impact a bit. "
I do agree that it might've been more interesting for the final bosses to not turn into monsters. It's certainly not completely unsuitable for the game, however, as you've mentioned. They should've kept George in his raincoat (albeit with the hood down), rather than putting him in that weird leopard suit or whatever. As for Kaysen, well, it's hard to criticize his alternate forms without knowing what his species is supposed to look like.
Posted by Roomrunner

VJ played better, but BR got more out of the plot.

Edited by Carlos1408

My opinion of this game changed completely near the end lol. It is terrible but the story is incredible and crazy. P.S.: Where's VJ's episode 39 for the conclusion? Maybe they're waiting till Monday.

Posted by Urmean

It's too bad Jeff read ahead again and wasn't surprised by any of the revelations.

Posted by TheHT

i was getting really into this crazyness but then george's shit damn near killed it.

then we get to the truth about york/zach and his father killing his mother... shit's wierd, but goddamnit i like it.

Posted by InfamousBIG

...the fuck.

Posted by Aarny91

"Hey, bro! I got this chainsaw!"

Posted by Aarny91

WHAT IS GOING ON.

Posted by ErinIsADrunk

how did the beard magically grow back?

Posted by Gerhabio

He did say that!

Posted by Gizmo

You ARE the Zach.

Posted by Deusoma
@Durandir said:
" @kevinski: Ah. I did not know that he more or less told that he was an alien. I stand corrected on that then. Thank you for that info, good sir!  It still isn't out of character for the game though, which was my point all along. If it wasn't for the piss poor fight, it would be really cool. Seeing the killer(s) turning into typical anime monsters did lessen the impact a bit. "
No no, you were right the first time. I don't believe it was intended that the unrelated "alien" case and a throwaway joke playing on "red seeds/red planet" meant that Kaysen was from another planet. I'd say you hit the nail on the head with your initial description of the point; Kaysen used the seeds to become immortal, and has been going around gleefully inspiring murderers and putting people in no-win scenarios since then.

Edited by LucyGlitter

I swear to god if Emily dies in this, I AM GONNA BE SO MAD! I INVESTED SO MUCH EMOTION INTO THAT POOP! 

edit: Well fuck. They just had to pull some lame ass Jrpg shit on this ending. It would have been good if they kept with A FUCKING MURDER MYSTERY, NOT THIS STUPID SHIT I AM SO MAD

Posted by Arestice

It's a shame, the game looked boring and a pain to trudge through, but the story and some of the boss fights are pretty cinematic. I've grown quite fond of York's character, or should I say Zach?

Edited by LiK

whoa, never failed that part with the zombie folk. didn't know York became one of them if you attempted to kill them, lol

and yes VJ, this last scene with Emily was just intense and disturbing for me too

Posted by jorbear

BOOMER!

Posted by zomgenius

what.

Posted by Brackynews
@ErinIsADrunk said:
" how did the beard magically grow back? "
Cutscene Beard Mismatch.
Posted by prestonhedges

okay, the part where Zach says "Emily!" is the most competent and well-constructed part of the entire game.

Posted by ErikSchroder

Yes, this is definitely Little Shop Of Horrors 2.

Posted by kollay

Second run through this mess. There is so much meat for a sequel... they really need to make one.

Posted by PerfidiousSinn

Why did I laugh so hard at "Robert Killer"?

Posted by gunningyoudown

o.o The fuck is wrong with this game?!?! It was so normal!

Posted by Marokai
@gunningyoudown said:
o.o The fuck is wrong with this game?!?! It was so normal!
Japan.
Posted by KaneRobot

should have shaved.

Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

what the shit

Edited by UitDeToekomst

Jeff: "Their everything is weird"

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted by AStoutYeoman

in the top 5 of the many fantastic and hilarious moments of this ER: *York/Zach runs up giant Keysan's arm* Keysan: "What are you doing!?" Vinny: "I don't know!!"

Edited by Draxyle

This game makes me mad. Not because of the game itself, but because for how incredibly low the production values are, they still manage to have awesome dialogue, voice-acting, and delivery of said voice-acting while every other developer seems to struggle at it.

This game is incredibly dumb, but the few things it gets right are so damned amazing. If I owned a 360, this would be the first game I would buy, no kidding.

Posted by TyCobb

That's what I call a bush!

Edited by MrBubbles

another twin peaks reference by jeff "damn leland palmer"

for some reason i laughed my ass off when jeff said "keep it clackin!"

Posted by Netorage

Holy shit, that revelation. What the fuck. I can see why this has a cult following. Consider me a fan as well.

Posted by kerse

You can save Emily if you get all the social links to max before Kaysen covers the whole town with fog turning everyone into shadows at the end of the year.

Posted by sprode

Aw man, you tried to kill the rockin'est cat in town? The guy that gave you the map that lead to an infinite machine gun?

Damn this game. Even watching it, it's as amazing as the first time playing it. Glad I got to play it before I watched. Amazing! Great! Nice Shot!

Just... no more quick time event battles, developers.

Posted by AlexanderSheen
Posted by handsomeb

Is this a prequel to Asura's Wrath?