395 Comments
Posted by AllanIceman

Well......that was messed up. Right York?

Edited by zaglis

The father scene was just...truly amazing.

Posted by GeoNeo
@warxsnake said:
" did anyone make a gif of that York smile? "
this^
Posted by Wiseblood
@JayCee said:
" Why is Amazing Grace playing in the background of the R. Killer scene? "
Because it's a public domain song?
Posted by TwoLines
@lordofultima said:
" @Crushed said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" I am speechless along with you Vinny.  Fucking amazing.  Though I gotta wonder... why did Zach have blonde hair with a black beard? "
Normally people that bleach their hair don't bleach their beard, that takes too much time. "
I thought Zach was naturally blonde, not bleached. Cause that would explain why his parents had the tops of their heads in shadow, so we wouldn't be able to see that they were blonde. "
Kid Zach had brown hair, though.  I've heard the explanation as, he was so traumatized that his hair turned white. "
Kid Zach really had blonde hair, it was the made up persona of York that had brown hair, which is who the brown-haired kid was. I was just being a joke-ster. "
Yep, York's looks were an illusion. All this time he was really blonde, and his name was Zach.
Craaaazyyyy! But a really good twist.
Posted by zyn
Posted by Harletron

Alright that's it! I knew it all along! If you watch the part where Mr. Stewart was peeking on the army guys dumping dat purp all over the town, you'll notice the army commander is FAT, and, most importantly, is HOLDING A SAPLING NEAR HIM! Dude it was the case of the Fifty Year Kaysen.

Posted by hagridore

God, York is fucking slow.

Posted by RandomInternetUser

That seems like a huge, stupid cop-out.  It was pretty funny, but I'm really disappointed.

Posted by paradox121
@Indiana_Jenkins said:
" What is it with the Endurance Run and creepy raper guys? "
What is it with Endurance Runs and blonde love interests, evil cops, and freaky alt dimension worlds. But thats exactly why I love em:)
Posted by animateria

White (blond?) hair change is a pretty direct reference towards Twin Peaks.

I think it was shoe horned in there though. Parent's were BLOND! Is kinda weak. I mean they never hinted at Zach being blond so it really doesn't matter what color it is really. 

But it was pretty awesome to figure out the origins of Zach... Or York... More correctly.

And damn... Emily had to die huh? At least she was able to 'cleanse' herself, unlike Zach's mom.

Kaysen made a pretty terrible boss though, anti-climactic.

Posted by itspizza

this was almost as confusing as the lost finale

Edited by fox01313

BTW Vinny, if you found all the bones & then found the doghouse on the truck you'd get the infinite magnum. I am curious now if the other team picks one of the other choices in the theatre (when I was playing I picked the same as team VJ).

Posted by Raakill

One metric ton of motherfucking carrayzee.

Posted by Conker

WILLIE! 
IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG YOU SON OF A BITCH! :p
Posted by CitizenKane
@Hoshnasi said:
" Why is John Goodman so mean in this game?!  "
Zach crossed over the foul line.
Posted by The_Ruiner

what happens to Emily..just makes me mad....

Posted by Hoshnasi
@CitizenKane said:
" @Hoshnasi said:
" Why is John Goodman so mean in this game?!  "
Zach crossed over the foul line. "
Who's got two thumbs and just unlocked the "Covert Communication" achievement?

This guy :)
Posted by MiniPato

Necromorph Kaysen at the end there. Who does Zach think he is running up Titan Kaysen's arm? Kratos?

So Zach was trapped in the white lodge or something? Why did Kaysen rape Zach's mom? Does he have something against the FBI? Seriously, if this shit isn't explained I will go fucking apeshit.

Posted by fwylo

I was going to start typing something.  But I don't even know where to start.

Posted by Crushed
@MiniPato said:
" Necromorph Kaysen at the end there. Who does Zach think he is running up Titan Kaysen's arm? Kratos?  So Zach was trapped in the white lodge or something? Why did Kaysen rape Zach's mom? Does he have something against the FBI? Seriously, if this shit isn't explained I will go fucking apeshit. "
Kaysen trapped Zach (or his mind/personality) in there because he saw Kaysen and the Red Tree. But because Zach had a split personality (York), he was still able to function with York guiding him.

Kaysen did the shit to Zach's mom to spread more trees, because he's an evil fucker.

Also, Zach's dad may have been tracking Kaysen as part of his own FBI investigation. It's never really explained.
Posted by kevinski
@Catolf said:
" Just.. wow..  I got a little choked up. I kinda figured that would happen to Emily (at least something bad) but I think I'm still royally tramatized by that damn kiss...  BLLLEHHHHH! "
Same here, and I've beaten the game twice prior to this episode of the ER being uploaded. It's not just Emily's death. It's the whole York/Zach thing. It's all just so touching. But yeah, the Kaysen kiss. Poor Emily.
Posted by ominousbedroom
Awesome! You guys are nearing the absolute end of this, at the very least, unique game. On a side note, white room refers to wear Zach and York switched places. 

@TwoLines said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Crushed said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
" I am speechless along with you Vinny.  Fucking amazing.  Though I gotta wonder... why did Zach have blonde hair with a black beard? "
Normally people that bleach their hair don't bleach their beard, that takes too much time. "
I thought Zach was naturally blonde, not bleached. Cause that would explain why his parents had the tops of their heads in shadow, so we wouldn't be able to see that they were blonde. "
Kid Zach had brown hair, though.  I've heard the explanation as, he was so traumatized that his hair turned white. "
Kid Zach really had blonde hair, it was the made up persona of York that had brown hair, which is who the brown-haired kid was. I was just being a joke-ster. "
Yep, York's looks were an illusion. All this time he was really blonde, and his name was Zach. Craaaazyyyy! But a really good twist. "
Actually, it's possible for blonds to have other hair with varying color, like a variant blond or even brunette color. But yeah, Zach is the blond, real persona and York is the brunette, imaginary persona. 

More importantly, this is what Zach projected and felt, meaning everyone around him did indeed see Zach, but he registered everything as York. He didn't introduce himself as Zach though. I don't really know how Emily figured him out...
Posted by Urmean

Excellent job, York.
Now go get some rest...

Posted by Vade

Oh, that's the scar the townspeople have been talking about. That tiny scratch on York's cheek didn't really feel that special but apparently they meant Zach's huge ass scar on his eye. He's the real one, after all.

Posted by MoTheHawk
@paradox121 said:
" @Indiana_Jenkins said:
" What is it with the Endurance Run and creepy raper guys? "
What is it with Endurance Runs and blonde love interests, evil cops, and freaky alt dimension worlds. But thats exactly why I love em:) "
And fog making people go crazy, and murder mystery plots involving killers upon false killers upon masterminds manipulating the killers, and "other personalities," and local law enforcement agents secretly being batshit crazy...
Posted by Jeffsekai

That was garbage holy shit. So drawn out for nothing.

Posted by RobJ

The whole York/Zach thing and Emily was like a punch to the stomach. I mean that in a good way though. It's been a long time since a game made me feel such strong emotion and love of the story.

Posted by hagridore

Can't say it was a surprise to find Kaysen behind it. He was pretty damn obvious from his introduction to York. Multi-stage boss battle was insane though. Still don't get the Zack/York thing.

Posted by Mr_Skeleton

That was fucked up.

Posted by Milkman

Uh...but...what....duhh...yeah...

Posted by jediknight00719

That was messed up.  I felt really bad for York/Zach and Emily.   They never really got to kiss or make love.  Instead stupid Keysan makes out with her.  Pretty sick. 

I'm not a fan of the ending but that's Swery's decision and i can respect that.  Good game.

Posted by jos1ah

"I wanna pump him with the magnum."  
-Vinny, 5-25-2010 
You really mean to tell me Vinny never knew how to quickly cycle through the guns?! I wondered why he kept going into the menus from time to time to equip weapons. Just figured he was going into them for something else and changed guns while he was at it.
Posted by Catolf
@kevinski said:
" @Catolf said:
" Just.. wow..  I got a little choked up. I kinda figured that would happen to Emily (at least something bad) but I think I'm still royally tramatized by that damn kiss...  BLLLEHHHHH! "
Same here, and I've beaten the game twice prior to this episode of the ER being uploaded. It's not just Emily's death. It's the whole York/Zach thing. It's all just so touching. But yeah, the Kaysen kiss. Poor Emily. "
yeah the Zack york thing was great.. i kinda hope York comes back, things won't be the same without someone talking to themselves all the time.
Posted by NubMonk
@jos1ah said:
" "I wanna pump him with the magnum."  -Vinny, 5-25-2010 You really mean to tell me Vinny never knew how to quickly cycle through the guns?! I wondered why he kept going into the menus from time to time to equip weapons. Just figured he was going into them for something else and changed guns while he was at it. "
He mostly used the menu because the inventory wheel is slow. He didn't wanna get hit fumbling around trying to change weapons.
Posted by Slax

Oh man this game just got crazy! I'm totally in for the story, gameplay still seems funny!

But I'm confused why they didn't go for FK! I mean come on!

Posted by EndlessMike

Missing the belltower ringing as an obvious countdown was a very BR move.

Posted by Max_Hydrogen

Yes! The VJ-Mobile is perfect for vehicular zombicide.

This game is pulling out all the clichés: Twin Peaks, Psycho, he Shinning, Spawn etc. Him being Zach makes no difference: He's still talking to a figment of his imagination. What is up with that fucking doll?!! Every thing better get explained. 

That "Astral Plain" bit was hilarious.

Please let this be over soon...

Posted by soralapio

Man I'm glad you dudes did this Endurance Run. With Persona 4 I wouldn't have had time to play the game despite it being high quality. Now I just wouldn't have had the desire to push through mountains of terrible gameplay.  

And count me in with the people who thought the ending was crazy but a real let down.

Posted by Sarumarine

1956 style, son! R. Killer is my rap name. I have a joint with DJ FK. We throw the bombest parties in Greenvale! Crank that purple fog, dawg!

Shame you couldn't kill Keith there. But true to Deadly Premonition style, nothing makes any sense. I mean, you can probably speculate till your head falls off but... Crazy. What's up with Kaysen? What's up with Doll Kaysen? Dude.

Posted by CharlesSurge

Ha, I love how it's the end and they're still collection $5 Agent Honor.

Posted by MiniPato
@EndlessMike said:
" Missing the belltower ringing as an obvious countdown was a very BR move. "
I was about to say, Vinny had a very brad sense of direction in this episode. amirite?
Posted by ZagZagovich
@animateria: 
It is probably implied that Zach's hair turned white after a traumatic experience and York's appearance is what Zack would of looked like if this incensed wouldn't have happened (hence the scar that was created by Keysen).
Posted by Xanth93

Holy shit! That was incredible.

Posted by TwistedGamer

lmao this game it horrid, but the ER is the best

Posted by SirSuperior

Zach/York must be one of the thickest protagonists ever.

Posted by idlehands

An hour long! this better be good.

Edited by ArclightBorealis

Man, during the flash back, was the girl singing "Amazing Grace?" It sounded like it. Probably not the words, but the sound. 
Yeah, she was. Man, as if choice of music in situations wasn't inappropriate enough, this is hilarious.

Posted by EndlessMike
@Alaska_Gamer: She was singing the words as well. They commented on it I think.
Posted by buhssuht

that is one long tongue, im sure ladies out there want some action from it