204 Comments
Posted by Earthborn
@MadaRenrut said:
" All this endurance run has done for me is to question all and any future reviews by Brad.  This entire endurance run has been Brad screwing up, not learning how to play the game or learn from his millions of mistakes from fighting the wall crawlers, etc.  All he does is talk shit about the game, blame the game, and Ryan is joining in on bashing the game because the player is crap.  If Brad just hates a game because he sucks at it, and sits there saying that the game is crap when he keeps screwing up then how can his reviews be taken seriously. "
Well, no. The game has real problems with interface, voice synching, control, pacing, and enough plot-holes to make Lynch cringe.  It does great things too; but just as Brad's guilty of looking at just the bad stuff, you seem a bit guilty of looking at just the good stuff. Not saying either is a better perspective: they're just different.

Haven't we all been down this discussion before? Move along.
Edited by Blair
@MadaRenrut said:

" All this endurance run has done for me is to question all and any future reviews by Brad.  This entire endurance run has been Brad screwing up, not learning how to play the game or learn from his millions of mistakes from fighting the wall crawlers, etc.  All he does is talk shit about the game, blame the game, and Ryan is joining in on bashing the game because the player is crap.  If Brad just hates a game because he sucks at it, and sits there saying that the game is crap when he keeps screwing up then how can his reviews be taken seriously. "

This game is terrible.  Yes, it's quirky and lovable, but it's a poor game in almost every way.  The controls suck and the game mechanics are stiff and flawed.  If you question his reviewing competency because of his ability to play this monstrosity then you're a fool.  
Posted by Earthborn
@Blair said:
" @MadaRenrut said:

This game is terrible.  Yes, it's quirky and lovable, but it's a poor game in almost every way.  The controls suck and the game mechanics are stiff and flawed.  If you question his reviewing competency because of his ability to play this monstrocity then you're a fool.   "
Hi-five.
Edited by SilenceUK
@Twocat said:

"This was so painful to watch. Jesus, what will the Kaysen fight be like. "

a fuking men i cant not finish watching the series but brad is just horrible at this game 

FUCKING RYAN has the patient of a saint
Posted by Urmean

GODDAMN IT BRAD

Posted by Crushed
@Blair said:
" @MadaRenrut said:

This game is terrible.  Yes, it's quirky and lovable, but it's a poor game in almost every way.  The controls suck and the game mechanics are stiff and flawed.  If you question his reviewing competency because of his ability to play this monstrocity then you're a fool.   "
Well, there is like every Quick Look in addition to this game.
Posted by MyNiceIceLife

I'm happy I wasn't the only one to say he went Super Saiyan when he went all glowy hair lol.  And yea it can be mildly frustrating watching Brad sometimes, but still enjoyable.  And no this game isn't a POS, i've been playing it and find it a breeze to play, although the aiming is pretty crappy.

Posted by Homeslice
@frostyxc said:
" Oh, I almost forgot...  For those of you looking to delve into "Twin Peaks" after watching these endurance runs, please ignore Ryan's advice to Brad about skipping the the last two-thirds of the second season after the Laura Palmer case is solved. The whole season is pretty darn awesome! There's spelunking, chess, pine weasel awareness, David Duchovny with shaved legs, and... BILLY ZANE! How can you pass that up?!? The James/Donna storyline could have been snipped, as it is pretty weak, but... BILLY ZANE! Need I say more? I'm guessing Ryan never actually saw all of the second season and is just relaying bogus second-hand information. Anyway, watch it all or go home! Don't wuss out part of the way through! "
I disagree to a certain extent. I found some of the lousier moments of the Second Season entertaining, but not nearly as compelling as the First Season, the early parts of Season 2 and the final few episodes of the series.

The reason why I feel that way, and why much of the cast and crew of Twin Peaks feels this way, is because David Lynch and Mark Frost were both absent for the middle of Season 2 while they worked on other projects. Without their even-keeled approach, the show veered off course a bit too far. That combined with the Laura Palmer mystery being "solved", TP changing time slots, and being pre-empted by the Gulf War pretty much killed the show.
Posted by Blair
@Crushed said:
" @Blair said:
" @MadaRenrut said:

This game is terrible.  Yes, it's quirky and lovable, but it's a poor game in almost every way.  The controls suck and the game mechanics are stiff and flawed.  If you question his reviewing competency because of his ability to play this monstrosity then you're a fool.   "
Well, there is like every Quick Look in addition to this game. "
Dieing in Quick Looks does not equate Brad to a poor reviewer.
Posted by Daveyo520

It sounds like their voices are different some how.
Posted by Xanth93
@s7evn said:
" @Gaff said:
" @Olivaw said:
" Look guys, Bradley just has poor reflex time. It's a medical condition. Light bounces off objects and reaches his eyes slower than ours, okay? "
I propose the hypothesis that Brad's voice affects the density of the air around him, possibly reflecting / refracting light. I call the Shoemaker Effect. "
lol, greatest post ever. "
Oh my god it is.
Posted by RandomInternetUser
@MadaRenrut said:
Except for the part where he's one of the best reviewers in the business.
Posted by SilenceUK
@Blair:
wouldnt say hes a bad reviewer at all hes a good interviewer and great writer but after this i will take anything he says about how a game controls or handles with a pinch of salt
Edited by Earthborn
@Xanth93 said:

" @s7evn said:

" @Gaff said:
" @Olivaw said:
" Look guys, Bradley just has poor reflex time. It's a medical condition. Light bounces off objects and reaches his eyes slower than ours, okay? "
I propose the hypothesis that Brad's voice affects the density of the air around him, possibly reflecting / refracting light. I call the Shoemaker Effect. "
lol, greatest post ever. "
Oh my god it is. "
I also move that whenever we get attacked or die in-game because of something we didn't see attack us we call "shoemakered." 

Shoemakered, v.

1) In video-games, the act of killing or harming the player character, due to the Shoemaker Effect (See Shoemaker Effect).  Ex: "That asshole shoemakered the hell out of me." Also can be used with a helping verb: Ex: "After he had shoemakered me for the fifth time, I started paying more attention to what was attacking me."
Posted by halim51

The spoonyone just started playing this to...ugg to much DP.

Posted by Earthborn

Shoemaker n.

-  the act of shoemakering, esp. vid-games: " The hounds moved in for the shoemaker"

Posted by puje1

The times I have thought "God damnit Brad..." when watching this series!

Posted by s7evn
@Earthborn said: 
"I also move that whenever we get attacked or die in-game because of something we didn't see attack us we call "shoemakered."   Shoemakered, v.  1) In video-games, the act of killing or harming the player character, due to the Shoemaker Effect (See Shoemaker Effect).  Ex: "That asshole shoemakered the hell out of me." Also can be used with a helping verb: Ex: "After he had shoemakered me for the fifth time, I started paying more attention to what was attacking me.""  
That could work.
Posted by Dany

Maybe it is BR playing the game or maybe it is that VJ already beat it but i'm skipping to cut scenes and major events now.

Posted by rohanspear345

im glad im not alone in my opinion of brads game playing

Posted by Homeslice

5:55 made me giggle like a bitch.

Posted by Seroth

I think Brad's poor performance really IS due to the poor quality of the game. However, I don't think the game is a "piece of shit" like so many people have said. The game isn't that bad...but Brad perceives it as that, and doesn't take it seriously, so he doesn't play it like he would any other game. He's not cautious and doesn't really give a crap, because he thinks the game is crap, and blames it for his mistakes.

Poor attitude, Brad. >=[ ...but still entertaining. Ryan is a perfect partner for him 'cause he doesn't feel the need to hold back when laughing at Brad's misfortune. :P

Posted by Sharpshooter

LMAO!!! I love the reaction to the burning zombies. I love it.
Posted by Majkiboy

this was WONDERFUL, and NO I'm not sarcastic! Thank you for making my evening

Posted by steelknight2000

AAAHHH, USE THE MAGNUM

Posted by OneManX

At this point, Brad and Ryan have pretty much said, "Fuck this game" and they've pretty much are into the story and getting a conclusion and Vinny and Jeff have pretty just thrown their hands up to the story and were concerned with just finishing.

Edited by Zeik
@Blair said:

" @MadaRenrut said:

The game is indeed terrible (gameplay-wise), and there are plenty of things about the game that can be justifiably bashed, but at the same time there were countless instances where Brad was entirely at fault. I'm not one of those people who likes to come on here and yell at Brad or the others for not figuring out something that we figured out sooner, I can leave some leeway for slow learning, but things like insisting on trying to kill the wall crawlers with melee weapons despite it screwing him over time and time again, or just standing there to get shot by the shotgun wielders over and over can be frustrating to watch. 

I'm not going to necessarily call Brad's reviewing competence into suspect just because of this, there's more to reviewing than just being a skilled player, but I don't know if I would take all his complaints at face value either.

Don't worry, we still love you Brad.
Posted by OllyOxenFree

No matter how many times you shoot George in the face it will not do anything.

Dammit, Shoemaker!

Posted by bwmcmaste

Ha George went "Super Sayan". I love these guys!

Edited by Skooky

I must be the only person on the planet whose favorite part of the game was actually playing it.

Edit: By that, I mean the game play.

Edited by Arrested_Developer

Wow, Brad has died 21 times up to now compared to Vinny who only died 6 times the whole game.

Posted by Konanda

Posted by Hourai

The rushing seizure fire zombies was the best part of this episode. 

Posted by Marz

jesus, could have cut at least 10 minutes if brad would have used the magnum on George lol.

Posted by Sarumarine

With Deadly Premonition's love of quick time events, the one moment when it would make sense (shooting Monster George's Axe back at him) they decide to let the player guess if it's a special scene or a glitch that has locked out their movement control.

Brad's reaction to that scene was pretty great.

Posted by aihuman
@Horace:  Brad.
Posted by buzz_clik

5:55 - Priceless reaction, boys.

Posted by BassmanPaul

Watching this game makes me realize how amazing Resident Evil 5 is.  

Also, what's with all the Brad dissing? Not everyone can be pro at Vidja. The game clearly has shit gameplay - the fact that Vinny has taken to it more than Brad just means that Vinny is used to playing shitty games. 

Posted by DBoy

I've been as patient with these endurance runs as I could be... but damn, do they even think of using the other guns they possess? And it's not just Brad's fault either, Ryan is as clueless as he is.

Posted by MeatSim

It's a shame, George could have had a brilliant career as a pro wrestler in the WWE and he ended up wasting all that talent.

Posted by Colf

I am going to just say this, Brad did not use the Assault Rifle at all because when he first used it he thought is sounded weird, even though it is better then in every way to the 10mm. That says something about something.

Posted by teekomeeko

I've never seen someone fighting a boss who doesn't bother looking at the enemy to figure out the pattern.

Though at least the screaming about the zombie missiles early in this episode was hilarious. I'm also looking forward to seeing if Ryan will really use "shut your crap" as a catch phrase now and again. It'll be a great inside joke for those of us who watched this ER.

Posted by CharlesSurge

Brad's not the best. That said, such a display is humorous. I also recommend a Vinny + Ryan pair for next ER. Also, Deadly Premonition is a fantastic game.

Posted by WulfBane

Ryan: "See, I don't think its that dangerous being super close to him"

cut to 50:25....

Posted by allhailthetv

Will you people with memegenerator just cut it out?! You guys are really goddamn annoying. 

Complaining about Brad's playing isn't going to magically make him better, and you should stop watching if you're just going to complain. 

Posted by Zeik
@CharlesSurge said:
" I also recommend a Vinny + Ryan pair for next ER. "
I was thinking the same thing, since they actually seem to appreciate the ER experience. Brad has been complaining about it since the first episode, and Jeff seems pretty of sick of them too.
Posted by SpiritGoat

Brad you're still great but come on don't bitch about how little damage you are inflicting on a boss when you are using the gun with the lowest damage
Posted by DudeFromJersey

Awesome!

Posted by Spiritof
@allhailthetv said:
" Will you people with memegenerator just cut it out?! You guys are really goddamn annoying.   Complaining about Brad's playing isn't going to magically make him better, and you should stop watching if you're just going to complain.  "
I'm not complaining, I'm just busting Brad's balls a little bit.

You gotta admit it was pretty damned hilarious when he ran around the corner, in the shooting range, only to take a shotgun blast to the face and die...TWICE!

That's comedy gold, I tells ya! :D
Posted by GioVANNI

"At first, I thought they were zombies."