199 Comments
  • 199 results
Posted by Duckbutter

i heard Snake goes pedophile style by scoring with a 16 year old under his cardboard box in this game.

hot.

Posted by korsair_13

LAW stands for Light Anti-Armor Weapon.

Posted by lilman1101

*drools*

Posted by Addfwyn

Been pretty excited for this, but haven't had time to break out my PSP for anything but Hexyz Force, which I am still trying to finish off. 

Hopefully this will drop in price by the time I get around to getting it, but a big fan of the PSP MGS games.

Edited by Brackynews
@Rolyatkcinmai said:

" I still can't wrap my brain around playing a serious game on a handheld. "

How about plugging the PSP into a TV and pairing it with a controller?  Kinda like a netbook. 
Screen stretching could be better. But it makes the point that PSP has been a platform for a long time, not a locked-in experience.  Whether a developer chooses to offer these features is up to them, you think Kojima had trouble getting Sony's APIs?  You can't blame the current hardware for limited potential.  Other than Sony's stubborn attitude on the single analog stick, the PSP has been iterated to become the most versatile handheld on the market, and the homebrew scene beat most of those same ideas, like unlocking the CPU throttle, to the punch. It's always been seen / damned as a mini PS2. But what else are you going to compare it to? A DSi XL? Hell no.  You can "do" more with a PSP than you can with a PS3 gelded out of its Linux support.
Posted by RobJ
@smcn: Very well said.
Posted by SICmaggot
@Rolyatkcinmai said:
" @SICmaggot said:

" God these comments are crazy. Remember guys this is MGS5. Its OK to like a game on a handheld. It doesnt have to be on XBL for you guys to enjoy it. "

They said they're treating it as if it's MGS5. If you actually think Konami is going to pass on using the name "Metal Gear Solid 5" for its next major real-console MGS title, you're crazy. We all know Kojima took this game crazy seriously. That doesn't mean it's any easier for some of us to understand.   Your XBL comment is unwarranted.  I can't imagine playing a real story-driven big budget game on a handheld. That is not to show disrespect to those people that actually play PSP. It is my own taste and experience that makes it difficult for me to be as open to Peace Walker as I am to MGS4 for instance.  There's also the fact that a lot of us just don't have any desire to play a handheld game. I rarely, if ever, use my PSP. With a 360 or PS3 game I can sit down, play the game on a huge screen, relaxed in my chair. With the PSP I have to sit all awkward looking at a tiny little screen with PS2 graphics. If you're still in school and bored, or if you take public transportation regularly, I can see it being handy. But for those of us that would play a PSP on the couch, we'd rather just be playing PS3. "
I realize that they treated it as MGS5, because there were promotional materials and during the development that called it MGS5. Why can't a big budget, huge story driven title be put on a handheld?  Kojima specifically said  that the game was made for the PSP, they arnt doing a console type game here. The missions are not large enough for that. It also takes more time and money away from what would be more important, which is gameplay . The graphics are great for a handheld title, but the gameplay is where the game shines. Thats fine that you dont want to play a handheld because its not in your tastes, different strokes and all that. But I never take public  transportation and I'm not in school anymore. The game is great, and I just get tired of the people wishing it should be on a console, mainly because, like i said before, its not built for that. My XBL comment was only made in frustration.
Posted by smcn
@RobJ said:

" I always have sympathy for Brad when he gets bashed for his game playing. That's probably because I am way worse than he could ever be. Still, can we all be a little more patient with him and appreciate the fact that we have these quick looks? "

If people were interested in a reason to give Brad a break, they would just look at his GB profile. Haters gonna hate.
Posted by Delta_Ass

I think the aiming would've been better if the PSP had two analog sticks.

The PSP should've had two analog sticks.

Posted by paulunga

"BOSSSS!!!" isn't as good as "SNAAAKEEE!!!".

Posted by sate2801
@ShadzKing: 

actually you can get the R&D develop a walkman and listen to that song at some point of the game :D
Posted by RobJ

I always have sympathy for Brad when he gets bashed for his game playing. That's probably because I am way worse than he could ever be. Still, can we all be a little more patient with him and appreciate the fact that we have these quick looks?

Posted by RE_Player1

Also does anyone think this is a sort of send off game for the PSP? Possibly the last hoorah for the PSP before a PSP 2 or a successor to the PSP line is announced at E3?

Posted by RE_Player1

I'm buying this game. This is going to be the first time I'm actually buying a PSP game, the only PSP game I have is Ridge Racer which came with my original PSP...

Posted by BenderUnit22

You can't beat 0 percent!

Posted by Stonyman65

LAW stands for Light Anti-tank weapon.  Not light armor weapon.

Posted by ShadzKing

IMMMMM STILLLL IN A DREAMMMM SNAAAAAAAAAKKKEEE EEAAAAAATTTTTT...I mean Peace walker

Posted by artofwar420

The trick might be shooting those red cans on the back of the tank.

Posted by AllanIceman

I was afraid Brad wasn't going to say "Metal Gear!?". Satisfied.

Posted by TheMasterDS

I'm just curious, am I the only one that thinks that it looks like it plays like total garbage?

Posted by CreativeColossi
@Rolyatkcinmai: Exactly, this might be a good game and in all probability it is, but it doesn't really suit the nature of the platform, I think.
Posted by Rolyatkcinmai
@SICmaggot said:

" God these comments are crazy. Remember guys this is MGS5. Its OK to like a game on a handheld. It doesnt have to be on XBL for you guys to enjoy it. "

They said they're treating it as if it's MGS5. If you actually think Konami is going to pass on using the name "Metal Gear Solid 5" for its next major real-console MGS title, you're crazy. We all know Kojima took this game crazy seriously. That doesn't mean it's any easier for some of us to understand. 

Your XBL comment is unwarranted.  I can't imagine playing a real story-driven big budget game on a handheld. That is not to show disrespect to those people that actually play PSP. It is my own taste and experience that makes it difficult for me to be as open to Peace Walker as I am to MGS4 for instance.

There's also the fact that a lot of us just don't have any desire to play a handheld game. I rarely, if ever, use my PSP. With a 360 or PS3 game I can sit down, play the game on a huge screen, relaxed in my chair. With the PSP I have to sit all awkward looking at a tiny little screen with PS2 graphics. If you're still in school and bored, or if you take public transportation regularly, I can see it being handy. But for those of us that would play a PSP on the couch, we'd rather just be playing PS3.
Edited by Sharpshooter

So long as people want Metal Gear Games David Hayter will have a job, no matter what happens in his other jobs.
Edited by Milkman
@cjo said:

" @EternalMesh said:

" Leaave it to MGS to have a quick look that takes 17 minutes to get to gameplay. "

Leave it to Brad to dick around for 17 minutes and then pull Brad after Brad once he finally starts playing. "
Watching a cutscene and showing off the menu options is dicking around? Funny, I thought they were suppose to show off all the aspects of the game. And considering that cutscenes are half the reason people play Metal Gear Solid, I would think it would be a good idea to show them off.

Some of you people in the comments are ridiculous. We get it. Brad is bad at games. If you are that much of a sad nerd that you can't watch someone play a video game differently than you would, then as soon as you hear Brad's voice, just turn it off. Because it's apparent that Brad Quick Looks seem to be emotionally jarring to some of you people.

Another thing, aiming has always been not so great in Metal Gear games. So, Brad complaining about the aiming controls isn't all that ridiculous.
Posted by SICmaggot

God these comments are crazy. Remember guys this is MGS5. Its OK to like a game on a handheld. It doesnt have to be on XBL for you guys to enjoy it.

Posted by Rolyatkcinmai

I still can't wrap my brain around playing a serious game on a handheld.

Posted by cjo
@EternalMesh said:
" Leaave it to MGS to have a quick look that takes 17 minutes to get to gameplay. "
Leave it to Brad to dick around for 17 minutes and then pull Brad after Brad once he finally starts playing.
Posted by spalka621

Does the background at the beginning remind anyone else of the Vectorman? 

Posted by Spiritof

Godammit!

I kind of wanted to ignore that this game came out.

Posted by SICmaggot

This game is pretty amazing. Best game on psp so far and one of the best Metal Gears. Love it!

Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame
@BlazeHedgehog said:
" Note to Brad: Don't spend almost 18 minutes futzing with cutscenes and menus at the start of a Quicklook. Holy shit. "
He hasn't figured out a way to die in menu yet.
Posted by Vinchenzo
@Artemesia said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
" Seems really slow, boring, etc. Only cared about MGS2, and I guess that's how it'll continue to stay. "
So you're saying the rest of the MGS games look slow and boring, while citing MGS2 as the exception in the series?  Yeah, okay. We're done here. "
Yeah, we're definitely done here considering it's my opinion. Cry more, fuck off.
Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame

So this is the new X-Com? Whoa.

Posted by mavs
@Landon said:
" @KinjiroSSD said:
" @creamypies said:

" Gah! Fuck the PSP! Bring this shit out on a platform that people own! "

More people own a PSP than either home console.  "
More than 30 million people have bought a PSP? Yeah, right. "
60 million. 16m in the US.
Posted by Yzzerdd

Hey tank don't mind me I'm just reloading my rocket launcher right in front of you!

Edited by ryanwho

Corny bullshit. ER eminent.

Posted by Jayross

Eh... does not look that good. I guess for a PSP game..

Posted by RVonE
@Landon said:
" @KinjiroSSD said:
" @creamypies said:

60 million people bought a PSP: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSP#Sales 
Edited by Cotek
@Landon said:

" @KinjiroSSD said:

" @creamypies said:

More than 60 million.

Posted by MrCompletely

This is why MGS fails.... over 17 mins before the the game section of the game begins.

Posted by Landon
@KinjiroSSD said:
" @creamypies said:

More than 30 million people have bought a PSP? Yeah, right.
Posted by Dizzyhippos

Boss? BOSS? BOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted by BionicMonster

A lot of fanboyism going on here.
Posted by Brunchies

This looks great, I'm going to have to play my psp again the first time in a while. 

Posted by shinluis
@creamypies said:
I hear ya!
Posted by BlazeHedgehog
Note to Brad: Don't spend almost 18 minutes futzing with cutscenes and menus at the start of a Quicklook. Holy shit.
Edited by KinjiroSSD
@creamypies said:

More people own a PSP than either home console. 
Posted by donaldkhogan
@DukeTogo said:
" Make a game people want to play then put it on the system they don't want to play it on.  Excellent strategy Konami, no wonder you're almost bankrupt. "
Didn't know about the bankrupt bit, but totally agree with this dude.  Why couldn't this be on a different system?  How about XBL DLC?!  I really cannot go buy a damned PSP to enjoy this, but would love to.
Edited by KinjiroSSD

Boss maybe alive huh? I'm pretty sure I shot her point blank. 

Edit: I can't watch this anymore

Edited by Marz

This game has so much depth, later on you get to build your own metal gear and flesh it out bit by bit and then send your soldiers out as squads around the world to fight enemies in a mini-rpg turn based battle.  Probably the best handheld game ever made.

*edit*

Brad needs to turn up Normal View sensitivity so that aiming is alot easier, 4 is very low and takes an eternity to turn the camera.

• 199 results