72 Comments
  • 72 results
Posted by JojoTheSlayer

This game looks great. Fun enough for kids and techy enough for adults.

Posted by BlackJedi

The best game thats on the move...

and iam gonna buy it.. ;3

Posted by Alucardv

"which allows me to suck guys up" <---  O_o

Posted by Capum15

Wow, that looks pretty cool, the Firestorm combination was great.

Posted by cassus

I like this. The spell combining idea is great. Been waiting for stuff like that to become popular for ages. Seems like the spells are auto targeting or something though? 

Very immersive none the less. Great use of the new tech, and not just in a half assed tech demo way like what the Kinect games showed off.

Posted by triple07

Doesn't look very good. Just not very interesting.

Posted by spartan1017

um, no

Posted by Andheez

Looks alright.  The only real problem I have is that the motion controls are pointless.  You could just as easily map those to buttons.  I think it would have been much cooler and controller appropriate if you didn't have to go to the radial menu to change spells.  They should all just be mapped to different move patterns.  I think this shows that there are limitations with the move, because I think doing that would make perfect sense, I just think they wouldn't differentiate the movements enough for everything to be distinct.  As far as I can tell this could be a Wii game.

Posted by Brodehouse

That shit looks mad dope. 

Haters gonna hate.

Posted by Carlos1408

That looks really cool. If I had the money for both the game and moce and it turned out to be as awesome as it looks i would get that.

Posted by Korne

That actually looks pretty damn fun...  

Too bad I really don't want to get the controller. If I could rent the game, I would, but $90 is too much.

Posted by Dave_The_Rave

LMAO at the jealous fanboys. Awesome game.

Posted by MarkWahlberg

It's kinda nice to see they're still making games for kids. Doesn't look amazing, but if it works it seems kinda fun.

Posted by MeatSim

Doing dirt as a rat!

Posted by Branthog

I lost interest when I realized it involves another stupid fucking Move/Wave/Natal/Arc/Kinect thing. How apt that it takes place in the "fairy" realm, though. Zero interest.

Posted by Red12b
@m0nty said:
" @ProfessorEss said:
" @m0nty said:

"The use of the word "janky" by anyone on this site is merely imitation of the GB crew. The very same people that bash Sony for copying motion controls use this word coined by GB as if it were their own way of saying "I'm GB crew too yo!" "

I don't tend to use the term, but it really wasn't "coined" by GiantBomb. I've heard developers using the term in the exact same context for over a decade now.  On topic: Like all of this motion controlled stuff, the proof will be in the hands-on experience. Looks neat tho. "
Sure... out in the real world. But here on GB it gets used because Ryan and Jeff use it. All the cool kids are doing it... apparentely. "
Well, whilst I do see your point, even if a word is made up, regardless of where, why can't people use it? 
Slang is Slang, so what if it is because Jeff and Ryan use it, it is a good slang word to describe something that doesn't look right, 

In this case I would not use the word janky to describe the video shown, it looks kind of neat,  

Looking further into your comment though, of users copying phrases or using the quotes of GB's staff, so what? do you really care if users use them? I quote movies with my friends and I sometimes use movie lines in context when describing something, does that make me a bad person? no, Hell sometimes I use phrases that the staff have coined, on the forums, because in certain situations it might be funny, or might provide some context to what I am trying to say. 

Unless you mean for users just randomly copying the staff's opinions or saying one thing then changing their mind once the staff change theirs, that is their prerogative, Opinions are opinions and if someone is easily swayed, let them be easily swayed, If people can't think for themselves why try and force them to see your point of view?   
Posted by D_W

looks interesting. If there are other Move games that I like, I may pick this up.

Posted by MacGeorge

This is a perfect example of what developers should be doing with their products.
Posted by GreyFox

Looks fun.

Posted by KillyDarko
@RVonE said:
On topic: I think this was an excellent demonstration of what Move can do. I still don't like motion-controlled games but for what it is, it looks great. "
Same here, motion-controlled games don't really appeal to me, at least for the time being. But the game does look good.
Posted by m0nty
@ProfessorEss said:
" @m0nty said:

"The use of the word "janky" by anyone on this site is merely imitation of the GB crew. The very same people that bash Sony for copying motion controls use this word coined by GB as if it were their own way of saying "I'm GB crew too yo!" "

I don't tend to use the term, but it really wasn't "coined" by GiantBomb. I've heard developers using the term in the exact same context for over a decade now.  On topic: Like all of this motion controlled stuff, the proof will be in the hands-on experience. Looks neat tho. "
Sure... out in the real world. But here on GB it gets used because Ryan and Jeff use it. All the cool kids are doing it... apparentely.
Posted by get2sammyb
@benraff0 said:
" I get tired just watching these motion games.  I play video games to relax, not for exercise.  These motion games look poorly produced, light, half-baked versions of whole games. No interest. "
You didn't watch the video, did you?
Posted by get2sammyb
@Durandir said:
" While that did not look like 1:1 controls, more like how the Wii-mote is, this was a lot better than what the Kinect showed us. An actual game instead of minigames. Not enough to make me want a PS3 though, but it seems they have people willing to make proper games right of the bat for the Move.Which isn't weird, since it is basically a Wii-mote, while the Kinect is quite different. *still hoping for a Black and White game for the Kinect on 360* "
I, personally, thought this looked more 1:1 than ANYTHING we saw at an E3 press conference, from any of the big three. It shocked me. It just seemed to... y'know... work. If they polish up the art, and work hard crafting a fun game around this, it could be very good indeed. 

Black & White on Kinect seems like a no-brainer once Fable's finished up.
Posted by skudfisher

The fire effects look like something out of doom II

Posted by get2sammyb

This game has sold me on PlayStation Move. Can't believe the haters. The controls are so accurate it's ridiculous. Need. This. Game. Now.

Posted by RVonE
@m0nty said:
  The use of the word "janky" by anyone on this site is merely imitation of the GB crew. The very same people that bash Sony for copying motion controls use this word coined by GB as if it were their own way of saying "I'm GB crew too yo!" "

What's your point? Isn't that how language works? I mean, the words you are using to voice your complaint are merely the result of you copying the communicative principles from your culture. Using those words is as if it is your own way of saying "I'm with the English-speaking community yo!" Again, what is your point? 

On topic: I think this was an excellent demonstration of what Move can do. I still don't like motion-controlled games but for what it is, it looks great.
Posted by Ramyun
@benraff0 said:
" @Ramyun: "polished UP" is the preferred nomenclature, Dude. "
I think to 'polish off' a game still works. Either way my point still stands.
Posted by MisterMollusk

Hey, looks pretty cool. Only thing I'm not digging is the sleevelessness of the main character. Looked like a scrawny superhero with that cape... :P

Posted by RagingLion

I think this looks pretty cool.  We'll get more idea from hands-on impressions but this is exactly the kind of game that should be created as a result of motion controllers.

Posted by benraff0
@Ramyun: "polished UP" is the preferred nomenclature, Dude.
Posted by benraff0

I get tired just watching these motion games. 
I play video games to relax, not for exercise. 
These motion games look poorly produced, light, half-baked versions of whole games.
No interest.

Posted by Overwatch

Good tech demo, but otherwise I think it looks kinda lame. But probably will be nice thing for Move. But I am not sold.

Posted by WillyLo
@Kevitivity:  So true! Quote of the day for me :D
Edited by ProfessorEss
@m0nty said:

I don't tend to use the term, but it really wasn't "coined" by GiantBomb.
I've heard developers using the term in the exact same context for over a decade now.

On topic: Like all of this motion controlled stuff, the proof will be in the hands-on experience.
Looks neat tho.
Posted by m0nty
@Impossibilium said:
" It's like the audience has never seen a video game ever.  Sure the motion mapping is nice ... but clapping at spell effects like turning into a rat, making goblins into ice and then shattering them or a whirlwind effect that sucks up enemies?  Where have the audience been for the past ten years? That game doesn't have a single original gameplay element outside of the Move control. "
They weren't applauding the rat spell. They were applauding the small touches, like the wand changing colour to match the potion and the intuitive controls which map to the character. 

The use of the word "janky" by anyone on this site is merely imitation of the GB crew. The very same people that bash Sony for copying motion controls use this word coined by GB as if it were their own way of saying "I'm GB crew too yo!"
Posted by Kazzurak

Awesome i will probably buy the Move if there is more games that look as good as this.

Edited by Grayvern

The motion control looks quite good but I don't trust even demos where it looks like they're actually playing, because they are standing and I don't stand to play. That and it looks like its going for a genericness award.

Posted by TzarStefan

I'm so buying this!

Posted by XenoZak

Jank Jank Jank.... When people learn new words eh.

Awesome game and all the games on the move have sold me completely. Killzone 3? Generic Magic Game? Sony Sports? SOCOM? The wii has nothing on this. And kinect? Pffft.

Posted by Jaqen_HGhar

While that did not look like 1:1 controls, more like how the Wii-mote is, this was a lot better than what the Kinect showed us. An actual game instead of minigames. Not enough to make me want a PS3 though, but it seems they have people willing to make proper games right of the bat for the Move.
Which isn't weird, since it is basically a Wii-mote, while the Kinect is quite different. 
*still hoping for a Black and White game for the Kinect on 360*

Posted by myrsnok

Looks neat.

Posted by Addfwyn

At first I was very meh, and there are some graphical issues with this (that cape) but it actually ended up looking kinda cool.  Better tech demo than anything they showed for Kinect.  Not something I'd buy, but I can see my nephew having a good time with it, and it actually looks like a game. 

That's the important part, that it actually seems like a game, not a proof of concept tech demo.

Posted by Ramyun

This looks surprisingly cool. Would like to see more of it once everything is polished off.

Posted by ChickenPants

This impressed me more than the new Zelda.

Posted by Kevitivity

After seeing what both Sony and MS are bringing to the "motion control" table, I think it's pretty clear that one company is trying to mimic Nintendo and go after casual players, while the other is focusing on core gamers.

Sony's solution looks much more fun and precise to me...  but Mommy, Daddy, Billy and Susy will probably be intimidated.

Posted by sheik3008

this look pretty cool...just a bit generic beside the move controller...

Edited by CrazedJoker
@rusted3572: Really dude? You're going to be one of those people early on? I think you're full of shit. You're really missing the point. This was the first time at this years E3 that I was like "Oh hell yes!". Not only does it look like a reaaally satisfying game, it shows me something that Kinect has not shown me thus far--the willingness to make complete games around the hardware. This is a great idea, and a great use of the controls, and above all--it's something besides a minigame collection or a sports game! This says to me "We are ready to make some real ass games, for real ass people." You should really check yourself.
Posted by CrazedJoker

I thought this was an excellent example of how the motion controllers for the PS3 can be a really good thing. I really want this!

Posted by paulosaurus

The game looks pretty cool, at least as a tech demo of sorts.  If anything, this dude did a fantastic job demoing the game.  Most live demos are performed by mumbling, understandably nervous people like the "giant enemy crab" guy.  I didn't watch the stream live so I don't know how much Apple-style fake clapping was present at this event, but it seems like the audience really liked it.

Posted by SPACETURTLE
@rusted3572 said:
" This game looks super lame... "
Really? SUPER lame?

Well, I think it looks like it could be phun.
  • 72 results