127 Comments
  • 127 results
Posted by JCGamer

The trailers for this have always been good, but the game looks NOTHING like the videos.  Makes me kind of sad that the gameplay and graphics will not reflect the movie videos we've seen.

Edited by Roboyto

sooooooooooooooooooooooo has anyone else picked up on the fact that the sith shes fighting is the armored dude from the "Deceived" trailer? 2:46 in the "Deceived" trailer shows he's using the same lightsaber as the dude is at 3:17 in this one. Pretty sure this trailer shows why that dude is all Malak'd up at the sacking of Coruscant

or maybe i missed something and im stating the obvious, just thought id point it out

Edited by Tennmuerti

Man they had some weak ass grenades back in the days of the Old  Republic. 

Posted by Lind_L_Taylor

This is gonna be another one of those MMOs that people play
for a couple months then cancel the subscription.

Posted by President_Barackbar

This doesn't even look like a Star Wars game at all, aside from the familiar names and lightsabers. Not loving the direction this is going in.

Posted by EpicSteve

These CG trailers are wayyyyy more interesting than the game itself. How about they just make a 30 minute clip ever month and charge half the price of the MMO's standard subscription fee?

Edited by Blackout62

Don't even make the game anymore just release one of these videos each month and I'll be happy.

On another note, Oh god such an atrocity the Sith obliterating Alderaan I'm sure nothing in its future will be able to even compare to this destruction.

Posted by xxizzypop

I don't care about The Old Republic until we see GAMEPLAY. If it can prove itself to be more than your average MMO, awesome, if not, then meh. 

Posted by Tuckertime

in game rendition: 

right click, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 5, 4, 5, ctrl+1

Posted by Jaserno

That was a good trailer, but I'm slightly disappointed that after all that he still gets up, brushes himself down and carries on. Come on, where's the realism in Star Wars. Haha.

Posted by qUaK3R

THAT NIGGA JUST GOT NADE IN HIS MOUTH!

Posted by Joeybagad0nutz

In almost every Star wars game, I have never seen a solider fight a sith and looks like he is about the beat the shit outta him.....THAT WAS AWESOME!
Posted by Karkarov
@DeviantJoker said:

"The chick" is not Satele Shan. Especially, since at this point, she (Satele Shan) should only be a Padawan... and this Jedi seems far more advanced. This is just some awesome Jedi Consular doing her thang. As for the order, you are correct.   "Hope" --> "Deceived" ---> ~10-30 years in the future = MMO Setting! "

Maybe so but I am fairly sure her Bio page on the SWtoR website says she is the youngest person to ever be made a jedi grand master not to mention that...  "Master Satele bravely fought the resurgent Sith Empire when she was a Padawan, playing a key role in several major battles during the last war."  Thats a direct quote.
Edited by CaptainTightPants

You know this looks awesome but sadly it just makes me want another Republic Commando game that also has you taking on Jedi's.
Also Jedi Fights are still completely fucken awesome.

@Tuckertime said:

" in game rendition:  right click, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 5, 4, 5, ctrl+1 "

And HA! Comment made me laugh quite a bit!
Posted by MindChamber

That six minute clip was more exciting than the 6 movies combined. 

god if only the actual movies were this powerful.

Posted by Hef

Since when can Jedi's do a Hadouken?

Posted by Otzlowe

This trailer made me shit myself. 

Then I was frowned because the game play trailers are boring and because I shit myself.

Posted by Lotus

Corpse camp?

Posted by 41d3n

You would think their grenades would do more... you know... damage.  Something beyond being mildly annoying.

Posted by nmarchan

You know what bothers me about the character design in these?  It's supposed to be what, thousands of years before the movies, but everyone looks like they're wearing clothes and using weapons that belong maybe ten years outside of the prequel trilogy.  It's thousands of years difference, do all the enemy ships HAVE to look like TIEs?  Do republic troops HAVE to look just like the clone troopers from the prequel era?  I mean I get that you're trying to make it look like Star Wars, but this is a little too much.   

Other than that, awesome trailer.

Posted by sfighter21

The trailer was Awesome!  However, based on the game being an mmo, the trailer is kind of dumb in that respect.  Even still, that Jedi chick was hot...lol.  Nah, but seriously, this trailer shows that a lot of effort is being put into this product.

Posted by TheHT
@41d3n said:
" You would think their grenades would do more... you know... damage.  Something beyond being mildly annoying. "
EMP?
Posted by BionicMonster
@sora_thekey said:
"When it says Old Republic does it mean before Movie #4? Either way this looks awesome! "

I think this is set a few hundred years before all the movies, like KOTOR was.
Posted by thedude1

Awesome

Posted by LucyGlitter

Can they make the game as visually impressive as these CGs? No. They can't. Hence why these are their main marketing videos.

Posted by Doublechops
@SpiritOf said:

" Here's an idea:  Why doesn't Bioware just make a series of CGI Old Republic episodes that look just like this. I would gladly watch them. Pay for them, even. "

Bioware's last few games, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 have all been supported by these amazing CG Marketing trailers.  They have some incredibly talented people working on these mini shorts.
Posted by atombrain

You all have to stop stroking your nerd-cock and just enjoy the trailer. 

Posted by SHADOWINFINITE

That was Awesome. Those Clone Troopers looked cool, however I guess they aren't clones. Since Jango Fett is just a kid or not even born. However, that soldier trooper without the helmet his voice sounds familiar. I don't remember. This looks like it is going to be as good as Force Unleashed 2. From looking at today's star wars films. The Jedi's and Sith's are almost an extinct. 

Posted by s10129107

HADOUKEN!!

Posted by Carlos1408

Pure awesome!

Posted by Bollard

If it just has the spaceship sound effects that are that good, I'll buy it.

Posted by DrPockets000
@LucyGlitter said:
" Can they make the game as visually impressive as these CGs? No. They can't. Hence why these are their main marketing videos. "
Agreed.  I see what Jeff means when he said the game will never be as good as the videos make it seem.
Posted by Ubiquitous

Wow, epic trailer. The gameplay footage released so far hasn't wowed me at all (except for the prospect of coop dialougue.) 

But DAMN thats a good trailer. Doesn't make me feel any better about the game, but it definitely hyped me up for more info on the title. I have hope, to say the least.

Posted by Echani

I have learned much about this game based on the trailer.

Ain't got shit on Lincoln Force.

Posted by Nilazz

Why such a cool trailer for a game that will be nothing like it? To bad...
Posted by MadeinFinland

This trailer is absolutely insane.

Posted by CrossTheAtlantic
@nmarchan said:
" You know what bothers me about the character design in these?  It's supposed to be what, thousands of years before the movies, but everyone looks like they're wearing clothes and using weapons that belong maybe ten years outside of the prequel trilogy.  It's thousands of years difference, do all the enemy ships HAVE to look like TIEs?  Do republic troops HAVE to look just like the clone troopers from the prequel era?  I mean I get that you're trying to make it look like Star Wars, but this is a little too much.    Other than that, awesome trailer. "
Finally! I've been having the same qualms with this. Thousands of years of human evolution and technological development would change some shit up eventually. Look at how much cars, planes, and boats have changed. Space ships, I'm sure, would eventually change as well. I get that it's this fantasy world, but why create some long, complex continuity if you're not going to make the eras in that continuity any different?  

I also get that there's the whole thematic good vs evil battle will always exist, but at least make it feel different or change it up. Human civilization may indeed plateau, technologically speaking, at some point, but even then, things are going to get tweaked and changed, causing noticeable differences overtime. 

Do I really care? Absolutely not. This is the rambling of a mad man who takes storytelling issues too seriously, and I'd probably be interested in this game if it ends up being a quarter as awesome as this trailer.
Posted by ezdude

Interesting Trailer/ mini movie

Posted by Teirdome
@CrossTheAtlantic said:
"Finally! I've been having the same qualms with this. Thousands of years of human evolution and technological development would change some shit up eventually. Look at how much cars, planes, and boats have changed. Space ships, I'm sure, would eventually change as well. I get that it's this fantasy world, but why create some long, complex continuity if you're not going to make the eras in that continuity any different?   I also get that there's the whole thematic good vs evil battle will always exist, but at least make it feel different or change it up. Human civilization may indeed plateau, technologically speaking, at some point, but even then, things are going to get tweaked and changed, causing noticeable differences overtime.  Do I really care? Absolutely not. This is the rambling of a mad man who takes storytelling issues too seriously, and I'd probably be interested in this game if it ends up being a quarter as awesome as this trailer. "

The old lore justification is that the years of conflict continually wipe out technological progress.  Just examine the American production engine and how it's evolved over the years.  In the 60s we put men on the moon, now all studies say that we no longer have the productive resources to do so and it would take years if not decades for us to get back to that point.  Or examine fashion as a more closely related/observable ebb and flow of cyclical appearances.
Posted by Voidoid

Ah, so this is what this game won't be like.

Posted by myslead

I could watch this trailer all day

Posted by CrossTheAtlantic
@Teirdome said:
" @CrossTheAtlantic said:
"Finally! I've been having the same qualms with this. Thousands of years of human evolution and technological development would change some shit up eventually. Look at how much cars, planes, and boats have changed. Space ships, I'm sure, would eventually change as well. I get that it's this fantasy world, but why create some long, complex continuity if you're not going to make the eras in that continuity any different?   I also get that there's the whole thematic good vs evil battle will always exist, but at least make it feel different or change it up. Human civilization may indeed plateau, technologically speaking, at some point, but even then, things are going to get tweaked and changed, causing noticeable differences overtime.  Do I really care? Absolutely not. This is the rambling of a mad man who takes storytelling issues too seriously, and I'd probably be interested in this game if it ends up being a quarter as awesome as this trailer. "
 The old lore justification is that the years of conflict continually wipe out technological progress.  Just examine the American production engine and how it's evolved over the years.  In the 60s we put men on the moon, now all studies say that we no longer have the productive resources to do so and it would take years if not decades for us to get back to that point.  Or examine fashion as a more closely related/observable ebb and flow of cyclical appearances. "
Of course, but you're talking variations between decades. This is thousands of years! Despite cyclical appearances, one would imagine that over the span of thousands of years, differences in those cyclical appearances would add up over time to produce something wholly different.  

Again, I'm just being absurd and pointing out something that, ultimately, doesn't really matter. 
Posted by Brendan

As usual, thousands of years of technological progress seem to not exist in the Star Wars universe.  Right.
Posted by TheBalticOne

The narrators voice sounds familiar, anybody know who he is?

Posted by skimbatcha

sadly i doubt the actual combat will match the fighting i just seen in that trailer... some day maybe

Posted by Nephrahim

I really wish they would stop making it look like Movie era Star wars.  In the first two Kotor games, the soldiers didn't look nearly as much like Clone Troopers. 

Looked pretty cool though.

Edited by nmarchan

No seriously, art design problems aside, if these guys made a movie I would buy it IMMEDIATELY.    

Kind of sad that the actual combat looks EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO.  You stand there in the open and shoot at the other guy for two minutes until somebody's HP go away.  Nothing inherently wrong with that, but the trailers promise things the game isn't going to come close to delivering.  

Posted by unknownarc

Awesome

Posted by JuggaloAcidman

The more I see about this game... The less excited I get. Everyone is going to either be a Jedi or a Sith and I'll be 1 of 5 smugglers in the entire game and everyone will bug the crap out of me to heal all the time... It was a mistake to make the Jedi and Sith both tanks and dps... Everyone will play them and nothing else!

Posted by obiwan

Best trailer of E3

• 127 results