121 Comments
  • 121 results
Edited by falling_fast

is this the easiest difficulty setting? 

honest question.  I skipped the lower difficulty settings entirely, and just played the game through on intense my first time, so I don't know.

Posted by rosebud04
@LiquidPrince said:

" @MarkWahlberg:  No problem. "

Posted by Andheez

Analysis:
Defenseless herbivores are not match for guided missiles.

Posted by Venatio

Just finished this a moment ago so i felt like coming back and watching this QL again

Got it for 200 MSP, thought that it was awesome, great ending, I went with the paragon decision

And also, I love using the Hammerhead, I hope it returns in Mass Effect 3, the area you drove it around in was beautiful

Posted by LiquidPrince
@MarkWahlberg:  No problem.
Posted by MarkWahlberg
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:
" The hammerhead sucks in this one nearly as much as the Mako sucked in the first one. I hope they leave vehicular scenarios out of Mass Effect 3 completely.  After watching this I went and played through Mass Effect 2 again.  Also... Singularity and warp, Vinny, singularity and warp! "
I found absolutely nothing wrong with the Mako in the first game. "
You may be the only one on earth. "
Nothing wrong at all. It's like people didn't know you could hold down LT and aim... Plus it made the world feel bigger and more epic.  "
 Aiming had little to do with it. "
In fact, I quite liked it. "
 I thought that besides the inability to look down, the Mako was fine, it was just the worlds you used it in sucked balls. Lots of great big nothings that were a bitch to traverse. Also, I didn't realize it until halfway through my second playthrough, but the Mako totally has a jetpack-jumpy thing. Which is awesome and actually helps a lot. 

(please excuse my commenting 3 months after the fact).
Posted by GS_Dan

Wow, 360 UI is weird.

Posted by LiK

This was a great DLC. Shadow Broker actually best it tho. :D

Posted by Wasara88

hah going in to a mission full of synthetics with an adept and with miranda and jacob.

Posted by ZOOMER_ZERO

HEY! That's my Lady Shepard in this video

Posted by Jimeee

Hey Vinny, The anti-armor power Brad was talking about  was Warp, not singularity. Warp eats through armor. On Insanity most enemies have armor and Biotic powers wont work until it is gone.

Posted by Noremac1991
Best DLC for ME2 So far!!! Just a shame it took only 25mins to complete :(
Posted by LiquidPrince
@Vendetta said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:
" The hammerhead sucks in this one nearly as much as the Mako sucked in the first one. I hope they leave vehicular scenarios out of Mass Effect 3 completely.  After watching this I went and played through Mass Effect 2 again.  Also... Singularity and warp, Vinny, singularity and warp! "
Nothing wrong at all. It's like people didn't know you could hold down LT and aim... Plus it made the world feel bigger and more epic.  "
 Aiming had little to do with it. "
In fact, I quite liked it.
Posted by Vendetta
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:

Aiming had little to do with it.
Posted by LiquidPrince
@Vendetta said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:
Nothing wrong at all. It's like people didn't know you could hold down LT and aim... Plus it made the world feel bigger and more epic. 
Posted by Vendetta
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Vendetta said:
You may be the only one on earth.
Posted by LiquidPrince
@Vendetta said:
I found absolutely nothing wrong with the Mako in the first game.
Posted by detectivepbert

They should have done this quicklook with a clear save.  I think one of the most enjoyable parts of DLC is to run through this sort of thing with a level 25+ character and just obliterate any geth in sight.

Edited by Vendetta

The hammerhead sucks in this one nearly as much as the Mako sucked in the first one. I hope they leave vehicular scenarios out of Mass Effect 3 completely.

After watching this I went and played through Mass Effect 2 again.

Also... Singularity and warp, Vinny, singularity and warp!

Posted by ammahoela

adapt is my fav.

Posted by BigChief

Overlord is actually pretty great. I dug the whole sci-fi horror vibe of it, and the music was fantastic. I also liked that it was a bit longer and more involved that previous Bioware offerings. And any time Simon Templeman voices characters is alright with me.

Posted by blacklab

Queen Latifah reference FTW

Edited by Brendan

Brad:  "That's a really nice view over there." 

Vinny: *Shoots rockets at view*
Posted by oddjob

I have yet to play through any of the DLC, watching this makes me want to play ME2 again.

Posted by CrazedJoker

Seriously wish they would stop letting Brad into quicklooks.

Posted by simian

Good job Vinnie & Brad. I'm now back into ME2. THANKS A BUNCH.

Posted by Undeadpool

Just beat this on Insane...it was...nuts.

Posted by Sharpshooter

I completed ME2 six times so far, as soon as the shop I work in gets in points cards I'll be buying this and risk factions.
Posted by AlwaysBeClothing

I thought it was decent.  The hammerhead section felt very much like padding but the ending was fantastic.  I could have wholeheartedly recommended it if it was more along the lines of a $5 Bring down the sky episode rather than the $7 we had to pad parts to justify the cost dlc.  Other than that, worth playing for die hard fans, Bioware continues to deliver on writing and story.

Edited by SmokePants

The two games are identical in terms of damage modeling and difficulty. Bioware was making one game, not two. Use some common sense. There is absolutely no reason the PC version would be harder.

As for the Mako vs Hammerhead, they both suck for different reasons. The Hammerhead is this little fragile RC toy that dumbly spams homing missiles and is jarringly disconnected from the core gameplay. The Mako controlled like crap and every little bump in the terrain completely wrecked your ability to aim.

We need something more like the APC from Aliens. Heavy, tough, aggressive. Punching a hole through a gauntlet of enemies at top speed. Whatever doesn't get killed by the cannon, gets crushed beneath. Or just copy the damn Warthog. Whatever you do, Bioware, just don't go 0-3 on vehicles. Be prepared to leave them out entirely like I wish had remained the case with ME2.

Posted by donaldkhogan

I was mostly just fine with the Mako.  I don't know why all the whiny babbys have to complain about it all the time.  The PC version let you aim down from the start, and they patched the 360 version to fix that issue well.  If anything I'd complain about the repetitive nature of the planetary exploration.  Actually driving the mako was awesome.  Made me think of really old games with exaggerated physics.  I swear there was some old atari moon driving game or something like that.

Posted by RVonE
@TorosOfTheDead said:
" @RVonE:  I got it from watching that video. :P  It may be misleading, but it seemed like he was taking way more fire than he should have been able to survive. "
I see, but I', quite sure there is no difference in difficulty. I might test it sometime soon with a new game on both the PC and 360 to see how many shots it takes for Shepard to be killed. I've also been digging around on the internet and couldn't find anything on the PC version being more unforgiving.
The answer should be obvious: Vinny is just that awesome!
Posted by TorosOfTheDead
@RVonE:  I got it from watching that video. :P  It may be misleading, but it seemed like he was taking way more fire than he should have been able to survive.
Posted by ZombiePie

The ending for this DLC is gross...

Edited by RoadCrewWorker
@stinky said:

" @RoadCrewWorker:   do a new game plus, its basically a quest reset.  "

Done that 3 times out of my 6 playthroughs. And no, it's not, i want to keep my squadmates and upgrades to switch to the hidden "difficulty_level_6" (or just make my own harder-than-insanity difficulty setting).

I'm starving for more ME2 and it shows ;-)

Posted by Lavos
@Llama: <3 the picture. 
Posted by stinky
@RoadCrewWorker:  

do a new game plus, its basically a quest reset. 
Edited by MeatSim

I played through this game twice and none of this DLC is really enticing me to come back to it.

Edited by Llama

Roses are red Violets are blue ASSUMING CONTROL I HURT YOU
Posted by insane_shadowblade85

Is Vinny playing in this Quick Look? That's awesome.
Posted by RoadCrewWorker

Yeah, while this didn't give me a character or gun like kasumi, i enjoyed this one much more because it actually allowed me to blast shit for a couple hours with my old 120+hour savegame crew. Like Vinny said, i enjoy soaking that up and will keep buying if it's that level of quality.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to reset the quest progress on my save in such a way so i can replay the story missions with my 100% crew and gear, but the game's scripting would probably glitch out.

There are some funny lines for legion if you take him on some of the early missions though!

Posted by Jazz

I don't know why, but that quicklook totally put me off ME2. 
I really wanted to play it, but the UI just looks awful  compared to the first one. 
Weird.

Posted by Brake

Really not into any of this mid-game DLC, but the stuff that bridges ME2 to ME3 could be awesome.

Posted by WinterSnowblind

I enjoyed the DLC, it was very character/emotionially driven and fits far better with the Mass Effect style than any of the previous DLC.

I also like that it had a sort of hub world with multiple missions, it definitely feels more integrated with the actual game and the end of it was very well done.  My only complaints are again, that your team mates do nothing which is very jarring and also that there are zero rewards for completing the quest besides some money and materials.

A new weapon or armour would have made this a fantastic set.

Posted by KainCarver

Yeah bought this the other day, great value for $7.

Posted by Faint

pretty short dlc i finished it in like an hour

Posted by Roger778

I decided to watch only the first twenty minutes on this DLC, mainly because it's almost a 30 minute Quick Look, and that I feared that watching more of it, would become too spoiler-rific. 

But, other than that, this was a seriously awesome and intense DLC.  The Geth look way more vicious, than I remember, and the Rogue AI's voice was seriously creepy.  This is probably one of the first DLC's that looked really interesting to me, and I can't wait to buy and play it someday. 
Posted by Stargate174

I have this for PC and you do not have to stay in cover or you die faster. I be out of cover and don't die...maybe your a bad player because it is awesome on PC. Not played X360 version but the PC version is awesome.

Posted by UberExplodey

Scared-y Brad.

Posted by Red

Getting this when I get back to my ME2 insanity playthrough, after I'm done with Dragon Age.

• 121 results