124 Comments
  • 124 results
Posted by Sanryd

Echo-y voices and no video feature sound!!!

Posted by LordCrom

Yes, I own every game currently released for Game Room.  I just can't stop!  Thanks guys!
Posted by fedorajay

I read about that "pause kit" for Atari over on Ars. As someone who owned a 2600 I was just as amazed as Jeff. If I knew Jeff still had a 2600 I would send him my copies of ET and Pacman that are currently collecting dust on my shelf. Never forget what caused the crash. Never forget how low we can go for easy money. 

Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar
@Milkman said:
" Didn't you guys already do River Raid 2?  EDIT: Okay, they noticed. "
I was thinking that exact same thing.
Posted by arkanoid78

And this is one of the reasons Xbox Live has generated $1 billion.  People are stupid enough to pay top dollar for old shitty games that are best forgotten.  

Posted by Jolt92

The audio isn't as good as it used to be at the old place. I think...?

Posted by MachoFantastico

Game Room continues to depress me, thanks for the quick looks though. 

Posted by Baggykins

the beginning felt like a previous game room Quick Look, deja-vu'd as hell

Posted by Scarybug

You get points in Star Strike be bombing the little red areas on the ground. Star Strike is supposed to be the "Blow up the Death Star" scene from Star Wars.  (This doesn't make it a good game)

Also you have a shield you can activate in Major Havoc during the side-scroller missions. Once it protects you from a bad thing, you lose it, but it's great for those "Oh no" moments.

Posted by pslayer666

I love these game room quick looks. Blast from the past. Awesome :P

Edited by MagikGimp

I may never buy Game Room because of dedicated PC emulation (which is arguably better than the coding here judging by this video) but I LOVE the interface so much. The avatars and cabinets, the lovely controller overlays and console interfaces and the rewind feature is really nice. Glad it's out on Windows too so I may get it for a few, but only a few games.

Posted by SithToast

Laffo at Utopia

Posted by Mumfordthetruth
@adoggz: 
Jeff was on the right track. You have to listen for the audio signal, then time your bomb perfectly to hit the red ship in the bottom of the trench before the timer runs down. All that being said... it was still a kinda crappy game.
Posted by Mumfordthetruth

I'm telling you, if you take the time to figure it out Utopia is actually a really excellent game. Kinda like a cross between Civ (like it says in the description,) and an early RTS. No lie. I really feel like intellivision is getting the short end of the stick with these Quicklooks. Sure they don't translate very well with that keypad/ disc controller. But that's what made some games so good. There was a lot of depth to be had with some of these games.

Posted by Bribo

Hint for games intended to played with a paddle: 

Push stick up (or down, if you're kinky) and roll it left and right for that extra degree of control. 

Yes, it's not ideal.
Posted by drakattack

Didn't they already QL River Raid 2?

Edited by Piranesi

It's great how you can see the genesis of the game play mechanics in this QLs. The actual games themselves are on the whole terrible but I guess they were all steps along the path. Maybe Major Havoc isn't quite Mass Effect but there are some similarities.
Posted by MrHammeh

Used to play the hell out of Utopia as a kid.  Thanks for the QL.

Posted by edabomb

A HE HE........................................................................

Posted by Red

I think high-level kaboom play is what inspired Expert Guitar Hero.

Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff

Scooter Shooter seems pretty cool. Also, nice dance at the end!

Posted by Nameless2000

Giantbomb.com

Always exploding.

Posted by Bam_Boozilled

The lack of sound on the intro was haunting.