156 Comments
  • 156 results
Posted by Bionicicide

The grain effect looks better in Left 4 Dead.

Posted by NZV

Vinny, I'm afraid that you are the worst Alien Swarm player I have ever seen, haha.

Posted by FLStyle

FISSION MAILED INDEED! I love me some MGS2 references. Game looks cool.

Posted by JokerSmilez

Wow, it is really hard to watch Vinny play this game. He is terrible and not even trying.

Posted by ptys

Free is the new...Paid.

Posted by Colf

Vinny sure sucks at this game.

Posted by BionicMonster
@Sharpshooter said:
" I get a serious Left 4 dead vibe from this. Hell it is left 4 dead but viewed from a different perspective, set in the future and with aliens instead of zombies. Other than those three things this game plays exactly like Left 4 dead "
its also class based with persistent leveling and hacking minigames.
Posted by TheHT

very obviously not an internet flash game.

pretty damn fun i must admit.

Posted by jmrwacko

I played through this game the other day, it was short but sweet. I'd love to see new maps, and maybe some rebalancing of the infestors so that you don't necessarily need a dedicated medic.

Posted by Jedted

Looks interesting.  I like the fact that you loose ammo if you reload the clip while there's still ammo in it, one thing that kinda bugged me in video games.  It encourages you to ration your ammo and time your reloads more carefully. 
Posted by Dylabaloo

They missed the best feature! You can draw things (dicks) on the map when everyones dies or wins after the mission and also this game rocks so hard!    

Posted by TomA
@Colf said:
" Vinny sure sucks at this game. "
Giantbomb sucks at every freakin game
Posted by Dedlok

This was awesome to watch, but can you guys set it up so you tracks the achievements now? :p

Posted by captain_max707

Seeing as this was put out by Valve, the kings of additional content, and has the source tools with it, I think we can expect a lot more content for this great game soon :D    

Posted by AndrewB

Only disappointment is that it isn't available on Mac yet. Seems like a good game to play on my lappy. Since it's Source powered, seems like a port at this point would be very easy.

Posted by onimonkii

this game owns

Posted by Faint
@AndrewB:  that's true, but who would play games on a mac anyway? that's like trying to watch tv on a radio
Posted by paulosaurus

I think Brad has now expressed surprise at how good the Source engine can look in 2 quick looks. It's a fully capable engine, Brad. It was designed to be able to evolve gracefully, and it has done just that.

Posted by Addfwyn
@Faint: I play all my games on the Mac, since almost anything I want to play on computers (aka non-console games) are available on it (any Blizzard game) or are coming out on it soon (League of Legends). 

Quite a few people don't like having to reboot their computer to just play games, that's why the availability of games on the mac is increasing pretty rapidly.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the mac port of this come out soon as well, since it's Source and all.  
Posted by Deusoma

Anyone who hears 'Sarge' and thinks of Quake 3 before Halo should get their head examined. Yeesh.

Posted by BigDre

Possible future TNT?
Posted by Reverseface

Tested need to set up a Alien swarm Server ASAP!!!

Posted by ajamafalous
Wish they had played a bit more of the game before recording this quick look, a lot of misinformation here.

@Onigenko said:
" @Levio said:
" Its fun, but its so repetitive you'll get bored before unlocking all the guns. "
I have to agree. It really could use something like the Director from Left 4 Dead, so that it wouldn't be the same every time. "
Hey, guess what?

You can turn on the AI director through the console.
Posted by CmdrWeakness

Game of the Year for me.
Hard mode isn't that hard if you have a good team online, but Insane mode actually requires people in the same room to survive. I mean in the very first mission, when running to the double-doors there are actually parasites lurking about. Thank god it's repetitive otherwise you'll die in 3,14 seconds - certainly not easy as Pi.

Posted by JackG100

This game reminded me mostly of Crusader. Awesome game.

Posted by AndrewB
@Faint said:
" @AndrewB:  that's true, but who would play games on a mac anyway? that's like trying to watch tv on a radio "
Please grow up quicker.
Posted by Faint
@AndrewB: the longer i keep my stunning good looks the better
Edited by Metroid545

Awesome game I am still playing it
 truckers and alien bugs, 2 sides of the same coin
also hard mode is a joke, INSANE mode isn't

Posted by Shinri

In case anyone is wondering there is already a ton of player-made content for this, and there's a map editor and tools for making your own stuff etc. It seems like you'll eventually have to start downloading mods to keep enjoying it.

Very fun game, in any case.

Posted by Rolyatkcinmai
@Deusoma: Quake 3 >>>>>> Halo
Posted by august
@Sharpshooter said:
" I get a serious Left 4 dead vibe from this. Hell it is left 4 dead but viewed from a different perspective, set in the future and with aliens instead of zombies. Other than those three things this game plays exactly like Left 4 dead "
The original Alien Swarm mod came out in 2004.
Posted by JessicaBoo

Im kinda struggling with top down, but then again, that "first person view" really spoils it for me too.... I guess is a matter of getting used to, but i can't turn around fast enough.... 

Don't get me wrong, i really like the game, i believe is well done for a free game to be honest. And i cannot wait for the new stuff people are going to be creating for Alien Swarm. 

Brad, Vinny, Will Thank you, Nice quick look.... Ammo wasting .... ;) ill forgive you!
Posted by Urmean

Learning the Valve Developer Console, starring Jeff & Vinny, with special guest, Brad.

Posted by Kinggi

Valve is wonderful for putting this out for free!

Edited by Schlorgan
@Hockeymask27 said:

" @mikeeegeee said:

" Wait, Will Smith?! "
not that "will Smith" "
Yes, "that Will Smith"...
Posted by SBYM

Source games cripple my PC. This ran at about 1 frame for every 6 seconds. Some day I will have a computer that can play games that came out after 2002 without bursting into flames.

Posted by StickyMicky

This game works awesome with a 360 controller if you enable it in the console.

Posted by ch3burashka
@Schlorgan said:
" @Hockeymask27 said:

" @mikeeegeee said:

" Wait, Will Smith?! "
not that "will Smith" "
Yes, "that Will Smith"... "
Someday, Black Will Smith will walk into a restaurant and say, "Will Smith, party of two", and the waitress will say, "Wait a minute, are you Screened.com's Will Smith?"
Posted by Sarumarine
@SBYM said:
" Source games cripple my PC. This ran at about 1 frame for every 6 seconds. Some day I will have a computer that can play games that came out after 2002 without bursting into flames. "
Heh. I hear you. I got all excited and bought Team Fortress 2 one day only to find my computer couldn't run it at any reasonable pace. One day, one day.
Posted by buzz_clik

That title screen totally looks like it says "Aliens Warm" to me.

FILE UNDER: Can't Unsee.

Posted by sins_of_mosin

Shame it isn't more Diablo style.  I've love a solo part where you level up and gain new gear.

Posted by RIDEBIRD

Ha, Brad said Fission Mailed. I say that like every time that goddamn screen pops up in any game, simply because that awesome inclusion and mindfuck in MGS.. 2? Was it?

Posted by Nintendude

I actually downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. Looks interesting at least.

Posted by TripMasterMunky

I'd gladly pay $15 for this on a summer of arcade thing for XBLA. It's cool on PC, but all my friends are on live.

Posted by Crushed
@Branthog said:
" This looks like the real fun is in the multiplayer and, unfortunately, that is where it falls apart. You have to know enough people who game much. Then enough of them who are interested in this type of game. Then enough of them that will actually download and play it. And when you're an adult, getting everyone together on the same schedule for some play time is pretty near impossible. Multiplayer stuff like this really seems aimed at reviewers who are surrounded by gamers. "
Multiplayer is fun playing with random people.

It all stays together, not falling apart at all.
Posted by dvorak

The best thing about this game is that it's completely open code. I foresee a lot of crazy options for the future.

Posted by Radikwl

Downloading now, looks awesome for a FREE game :D

Posted by Tankhammer

I thought Will Smith was a pro at killing aliens at this point.

Posted by CommanderZx2

You can't beat the price of free

• 156 results