156 Comments
  • 156 results
Posted by christ0phe

Fuck all the stuck up self righteous people who attacked other giantbombers when they asked for a quicklook for this.

Posted by MeatSim

I downloaded this because it was free with no intention of trying it anytime soon but maybe now I will try it.

Posted by Insectecutor
@christ0phe said:
" Fuck all the stuck up self righteous people who attacked other giantbombers when they asked for a quicklook for this. "
Hypocrite much?
Posted by christ0phe
@Insectecutor:   Yup, but someone had to say it.  There are too many people on here who are very quick to attack other people for the smallest things
Posted by artofwar420

It's a really fun game, now imagine the possiblities of the user created content. I hear we're getting a Starcraft map with custom everything. Gonna poop my pants.

Posted by Creamypies
@christ0phe said:
" Fuck all the stuck up self righteous people who attacked other giantbombers when they asked for a quicklook for this. "
I think "attack" is the wrong term to use. I still think it's a pointless video, cos the game is free. Plus, it contradicts GB's policy. I distinctly remember Jeff once saying that covering flash games on the internet was pointless because they're all free. Why should this get treated differently? 

But whatever, I enjoy listening to the crew rambling on about pretty much anything... so it's all good.
Posted by adoggz

wow vinny is the worst kind of team player.

Posted by Webby
@creamypies said:
" @christ0phe said:
I think "attack" is the wrong term to use. I still think it's a pointless video, cos the game is free. Plus, it contradicts GB's policy. I distinctly remember Jeff once saying that covering flash games on the internet was pointless because they're all free. Why should this get treated differently?  But whatever, I enjoy listening to the crew rambling on about pretty much anything... so it's all good. "
Well it is made by Valve and they made Portal free. 
Also the game is awesome with 4 people.
Posted by zaglis

PRESTIGE MODE. 

Posted by Nime

I've played through this a number of times with friends. Ramping up the difficulty adds some replay to it but I still don't see coming back much after I've unlocked all the guns (and I'm close) until the SDK gets some action. 

Still, a free game with an sdk - can't really go wrong..

Posted by Curufinwe

Th is game is fun but may overheat your PC.  See the official Steam forum thread.

Posted by Innovacious
@creamypies:  Flash games can be played "almost" instantly, usually not very large. This has to be downloaded, its not massive but its still a download. There are all sorts of reason why people wont download something unless they are sure they want it.

Not sure about where you live or how ISPs work there, but here in the UK alot of people are on packages with a limit, i know someone who can only download 3GB a month, and another who can download 30GB, im on an unlimited package so it dosnt bother me, but not everyone is.
Posted by Creamypies
@Webby: Portal wasn't free forever though.
Posted by Creamypies
@innovacious: I'm also from the UK and on an unlimited package. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than fine with this video being up. I just don't think it serves too much purpose is all.
Posted by Vonocourt

I just got a "Eat, Pray, Love" ad on the top of the quicklook page. I got a chuckle out of it.

Posted by Webby
@creamypies said:
" @innovacious: I'm also from the UK and on an unlimited package. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than fine with this video being up. I just don't think it serves too much purpose is all. "
Who gives a shit, it's a fun game and they wanted to cover it. End of. Just wasting time complaining.
Posted by Innovacious
@creamypies: 
Its entertainment! I watch EVERY quicklook, even if i dont own the platform it is on or ever have any intention of buying it, only a handful of times have i regretted watching one. For the purpose of showing the game to people though, i do have say this one dosnt do that good a job.
Posted by JohnnyMaverik

I cool thing is while it's short atm, there will be tons of community maps, just wait, give it 4 months and you could easily squeeze 20 hours and counting out of this baby.

Posted by gosukiller
@VicRattlehead: LoL, don't get me wrong, I'm not some UBER PWNZOR who immediately goes for insane.

I've played through the game on normal/hard first with friends. It takes ALOT of organizing to play through insane. I often have to rage at people for not keeping pace, so I just weld the doors down and leave them to their fate xD. Only if the situation is already hopeless.

The game is alot deeper than it seems at first.
Posted by TotalEklypse

for a free game it really has a lot of goodies. tight gameplay and all that, but free SDK for it and such. so expect a lot of MODs for this in the coming weeks. looking forward to the addons for sure.

Edited by fillmoejoe

All I can think of now is Eat, Pray, Love.

It's weird hearing the Left 4 Dead sound queues in this.

Posted by TheMustacheHero
@Vonocourt said:
" I just got a "Eat, Pray, Love" ad on the top of the quicklook page. I got a chuckle out of it. "
Yep because a bunch of gamers are going to watch that.
Posted by Lazyaza

This game is pretty brutal, even on normal if you stray off by yourself for too long you'll usually die. The friendly fire is a real bitch, so easy to shoot other people and not even realize it.

If they kept it up to date with new levels, lowered the ff damage and maybe made ammo/health a little easier to come by I'd happily pay for it.  My guess is this free version is serving as a demo of sorts.

Posted by SoothsayerGB

There is a ad up there?  Ad blocker FTW!  

Posted by Cross

They are terrible at this game. xD

Posted by TekZero

And....my computer can't play it.  I hate this machine. 

Edited by gike987
@Lazyaza said:

" This game is pretty brutal, even on normal if you stray off by yourself for too long you'll usually die. The friendly fire is a real bitch, so easy to shoot other people and not even realize it.  If they kept it up to date with new levels, lowered the ff damage and maybe made ammo/health a little easier to come by I'd happily pay for it.  My guess is this free version is serving as a demo of sorts. "

Shoot in short burst and ammo won't be a problem. The reason people run out of ammo is that they spray until all the aliens are dead. Instead shoot one alien until it dies, release the mouse button and shoot the next enemy and repeat until all the aliens are dead. I almost never run out of ammo that way. There is a reason they named the no ff achievement "short controlled bursts".

The game forces you to use team work and that is what makes it fun.
Posted by claudius

I downloaded this right when it came out and have been playing it all week. Although this game isn't as fun with random people, it's a blast to play with friends. I agree with Brad's sentiment that they could have easily charged $10 for this.

Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror

I saw the add ons options, which means custom maps :D

Posted by EggPuppet
@Cross said:
" They are terrible at this game. xD "
They sure are.

Fun game though!
Posted by MagikGimp

No smoking in Star Trek? Are you sure Captain?

Posted by Robin_Gr

Pretty awesome for a free game. Co-op and persistent leveling make games like this even better.

Posted by xXwindoverXx

This is the second best "Download" only game of the year besides Limbo so far! :D love it SOOOOO much

Posted by and333

Vinny your awesome but the worst team mate ever! wait for will damnit!

Posted by Ballskin

ahaha, he neeever stooops shoooting

Posted by supermike6
@TekZero said:
" And....my computer can't play it.  I hate this machine.  "
Same.
Posted by Vonocourt
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Vonocourt said:
" I just got a "Eat, Pray, Love" ad on the top of the quicklook page. I got a chuckle out of it. "
Yep because a bunch of gamers are going to watch that. "
I was thinking about face-huggers.
Posted by Hourai

I'm surprised Snider isn't on this QL. 

Posted by Aarny91

Free ftw.

Posted by blaakmawf

I will only play this game in first person. Roll to victory.

Posted by Althox

Me and my friends have become addicted to this game.

Posted by Deckard42

Wow Vinny's kind of bad about running away from his teammates.

Posted by geirr

Fun with friends til you get to the part with the huge alien scrotums and you start yelling
weird things as you punch them and suddenly realize your friends left already and then you get infected
and you hit Q and nothing makes sense and suddenly you're dead..
but fear not, you can still doodle on the mini map!

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

Intrusive prompts and cheevo monkey business need to die.

Posted by Death_Burnout

Oh yeah the UT Mod!!!! Man i remember this...Awesome! and i get to play it for free!

Posted by Tordah

This game is awesome. I wish they had played and done some more research before doing this quicklook though. I mean, Vinny was level 1. Of course he doesn't know anything about the game yet.

Edited by spartan0187

This game is great.

Edited by MrKlorox

Fun game, but clip management is nothing new. I do wish more games made use of it, especially in conjunction with Active Reload. Clip Management was one of the many many many features cut from Battlefield in the Bad Company series.

I can't tell if I prefer to play using a controller or M+K. If the game didn't freak out when using both I would do that.

Posted by Sharpshooter

I get a serious Left 4 dead vibe from this. Hell it is left 4 dead but viewed from a different perspective, set in the future and with aliens instead of zombies. Other than those three things this game plays exactly like Left 4 dead
Posted by fisk0

You are basically describing Alien Breed there.

@Sharpshooter said:

" I get a serious Left 4 dead vibe from this. Hell it is left 4 dead but viewed from a different perspective, set in the future and with aliens instead of zombies. Other than those three things this game plays exactly like Left 4 dead "
  • 156 results