128 Comments
  • 128 results
Edited by HitmanAgent47

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else."        

"You are not your job. You are not how much you have in the bank. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking Khakis.You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."     

"We were raised on television to believe that we'd all be millionaires, movie gods, rock stars, but we won't. And we're starting to figure that out."      

"The things you own end up owning you."      

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

"Hitting bottom isn't a weekend retreat. It's not a goddamn seminar. Stop trying to control everything and just let go! LET GO!"

Ain't that the truth, it's a capitilist world for certain countries, we are all going to die one day, the world keeps moving. It's deceptive, there are two layers, we are only pretending to be nice to each other because it benefits us. You saw a bit of that, you saw right through the layers. We find out we are not special or unique like celebrities or models and we can't control everything in the world. Maybe it's better to just let it go and try to find joy in your life, from videogames, from finding a job you like, being in a relationship of the opposite sex. If you see the world like that, I think you will be happier. I like to think we are in one big trash can, some areas are less filthy than others and stink less, yet we are part of the same compost heap. You are the same decaying matter as everything else.  

Maybe improve your social skills, understand how money works, learn how to invest, start a business, how to run a company, work for others. Try to accept reality and try to see the good side of it, even though reality sort of sucks and ppl use drugs to disconnect from it, there are still good things in life. Be competent at your job or whatever you do. Don't trust ppl that easily, not everyone is nice, they might be pretentious, that's what I learned. They don't care about you and if they do it's for their own benefit. Ppl are emotional creatures, they are not logical. Question everything, every belif, the way you see the world, there is alot of deception your seeing right now. This is good advice, I should actually take my own advice, lol.

Posted by Emilio

Let me just say this: Make lots of friends in college, and be good to all the nice girls. You'll regret it later if you don't... 

Or you won't. Either way. 

P.S. 

I too usually have the Glum Chum Mood, but shit's been fucked since the Nephilim (aka Dinosaurs) roamed the Earth...

Posted by gunslingerNZ

You have to be successful in order to do the things you enjoy in life. You better learn that early otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Also as someone who is constantly "eyeing and sexing" girls this behaviour is completely acceptable!

Edited by armaan8014

@sagesebas: @Bruce: @one_2nd: @Jeust: @lhaymehr: @FirePrince: @Meteora: @Crocio:  @Mario2544: @gunslingerNZ:

Thanks everyone! Posting here has helped a lot and cleared a lot of concepts in my head. Things will never be exactly the way I'd like them to be, but as long as I can make a difference, little by little and try my best in every situation while sticking to my morals and a positive attitude, I think I should be fine.

Also, I'd like to point out that the mind effing began when I met and liked a girl right in the first day of college. That was the same girl the seniors were eyeing.
Now I'm off to play some TF2 with my friends! Thanks again.

Posted by Xeiphyer

Like eyeing girls and talking about sexing them, alcohol, drugs, smoking etc.

Whats that?! ALCHOHOL?! IN COLLEGE?! NO WAY.
 How dare people talk about smoking! Damn kids these days!

But seriously dude, you must have had an extremely sheltered life or something to never experience 'Boys talking about Girls', or anything like that. Its college, its when people do drugs and try things they wouldn't normally do. And, *Spoiler Alert*, Some people even have SEX in College.

I'm actually pretty impressed that its still possible to grow up that sheltered. 

As for whats going on in the middle east... Its not like this is new or anything, people have been bombing and murdering eachother for hundreds of years over there. The middle east is constantly at war with itself because of the radical religious views and complicated geographic histories. 

Also there are plenty of horrible things happening all over the world that doesn't get popular media attention. The media loves to sensationalize things because they make money when people watch their show, and if they tell people the world is ending, more people watch. 

As for wanting to do something? Thats admirable, but stupid. The Middle East doesn't want western interference in their internal struggles, thats why they fucking hate westerners so much. When we get involved, we decide what side of the conflict we like the most (Based on which will better suit our needs in the future, eg: OIL) and then we give them more powerful, deadly, destructive weapons, so they can murder the other people better.

If you really want to do something about the Middle East, you can go to school, learn about whats really going on over there... See past the bias our culture puts on everything that goes on over there, and learn the truth about it. Then you can start figuring out the proper way to start fixing it. Become a diplomatic mediator and try to arrange peace talks between different groups, or teach people that we shouldn't interfere in Middle Eastern affairs.

Theres so much information in the world, you need to find the truth though, and figure out how to deal with the way the world is. School is a good start.
Edited by HitmanAgent47
@armaan8014: Remember one more thing, it's not easy to change the world, it's easier to change yourself like your views, belifs and how you relate the world. Also the world isn't very nice, it's all a deception, see both sides of the deception and it doesn't change easily, it's reality so accept it.
Posted by Jazz

LISA YOU"RE TEARING ME APART!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gike987

Most people are stupid and you have to get used to it. Just try to ignore them when they rave about girls, alcohol or drugs. Humans are narrow-minded  and selfish and no one can do anything about that. We may know a lot about science and communication but other than that we are not more evolved than a monkey, even if like to think that we are.
And there is no way to "save the world" because that's just how humans are. The only way to "save the world" would be to exterminate all humans, but that's impossible so the earth is doomed. We will only go extinct once we destroyed everything else in this world, so that the only thing left to destroy are our own race. And in the meantime our selfishness will continue to make this place hell for everyone around us and there's nothing you can do about it. If you try to tell people that they should change they will only alienate you.

So just get used to how humans are and try to ignore it or you will only get more depressed than you already are.

Posted by TaliciaDragonsong

Oh I hear ya duder, I feel like this a lot!
So sick of the world and their ways, the only thing people seem to live for is their own gain and pleasure.
Wish I could give you some sort of advice to keep going, but...I don't know what to say.

Shit's that fucked up, but letting it get to you is a different story.

Posted by Sadisticham

Come and join me. I'm currently preparing to live on the Moon. I've got my rocket ship all ready. I'm not saying you wont get tired and pissed on the moon..but it is a much smaller place so it should be to a lesser extent.

Posted by DystopiaX
@armaan8014 said:
" @Mario2544 said:
" Honestly, don't take this the wrong way but just seems like you were heavily sheltered until you got to college and it's more of a culture shock. I had the same thing for the same reasons and after a week or so I was fine but yea if that's what it is it really does suck =/ "
Yeah, I guess that's it. Though I knew what all goes on in the world, I wasn't surrounded by it the way I am now. It's everywhere.
@Mrnitropb said:
" "

what?

@Murdouken said:
" You claim that there is no rush to be successful and sort of "grow up," yet you don't want to be participating in the activities that the majority of the young people of our time do? What do you want to do then? "
Wait what? I just want people to slow down, try to be good to each other and respect people and the world. "
dude if you cut across the street you're going to sever an artery. If you cut  down the road then that won't happen and you'll still draw masochistic satisfaction from your pain! 

I first heard of this when I visited northwestern university for a summer camp thing when I was like 10, and one of the first seminars I took was on depression.
Posted by JeffGoldblum
@armaan8014 said:
" @Bruce said:
" Don't be Holden Caulfield. . .brighten up. "
Wow, just read about him... and yes, that's exactly me. "
Well Holden Caulfield is a whiny bitch who can't let go of childhood. Don't be like him.
Posted by Canberra
@armaan8014 said:
" @Bruce said:
" Don't be Holden Caulfield. . .brighten up. "
Wow, just read about him... and yes, that's exactly me. "
Head butted my keyboard pretty hard.
Posted by Callumrides

watch fight club if you have not.

Posted by Gunner612
@armaan8014 said:
"  @sagesebas: @Bruce: @one_2nd: @Jeust: @lhaymehr: @FirePrince: @Meteora: @Crocio:  @Mario2544: @gunslingerNZ:   Thanks everyone! Posting here has helped a lot and cleared a lot of concepts in my head. Things will never be exactly the way I'd like them to be, but as long as I can make a difference, little by little and try my best in every situation while sticking to my morals and a positive attitude, I think I should be fine.   Also, I'd like to point out that the mind effing began when I met and liked a girl right in the first day of college. That was the same girl the seniors were eyeing. Now I'm off to play some TF2 with my friends! Thanks again. "
Giantbomb: Curing culture shock and depression since 2008.
Posted by DrGanon

If you do kill yourself, be sure to leave a copy of moby dick with random words underlined next to your corpse.

Posted by Gunner612
@DrGanon said:
" If you do kill yourself, be sure to leave a copy of moby dick with random words underlined next to your corpse. "
.......?
Posted by DrGanon
@Gunner:
Never saw heathers did you?
Posted by Gunner612
@DrGanon said:
" @Gunner: Never saw heathers did you? "
... no :(
Posted by DrGanon
@Gunner:
It's kind of like mean girls, except that its actually a good movie and not a piece of shit with lindsey lohan.
Posted by masterpaperlink

What a depressing bunch of people

Posted by Bwast

Posted by PenguinDust
@Axxol said:
" ... time flies and if you think you have plenty of it, you'll find yourself falling behind in life."
This right here.  While it is certainly important to stop and smell the roses, it's equally important to keep your eyes on the prize.  The years will evaporate in the blink of an eye and you might be surprised one birthday that you are way off track from where you wanted to be at that age.  One of my favorite expressions is "Life is what happens while you are making other plans".  It means the unexpected will occur and detours to your life plans will be required, but if you can stay focused, you can still achieve what's important and have a fulfilling life.  Don't get depressed.  Learn something from each experience and encounter to become a better human being.  Serve as an example and maybe others will follow your lead.
Posted by ahriman22

I don't see the problem here.

Posted by Shirogane
@DystopiaX said:
" @armaan8014 said:
" @Mario2544 said:
" Honestly, don't take this the wrong way but just seems like you were heavily sheltered until you got to college and it's more of a culture shock. I had the same thing for the same reasons and after a week or so I was fine but yea if that's what it is it really does suck =/ "
Yeah, I guess that's it. Though I knew what all goes on in the world, I wasn't surrounded by it the way I am now. It's everywhere.
@Mrnitropb said:
" "

what?

@Murdouken said:
" You claim that there is no rush to be successful and sort of "grow up," yet you don't want to be participating in the activities that the majority of the young people of our time do? What do you want to do then? "
Wait what? I just want people to slow down, try to be good to each other and respect people and the world. "
dude if you cut across the street you're going to sever an artery. If you cut  down the road then that won't happen and you'll still draw masochistic satisfaction from your pain!  I first heard of this when I visited northwestern university for a summer camp thing when I was like 10, and one of the first seminars I took was on depression. "

Really? I thought the whole point of down was to do MORE damage...huh. 

And i've been trying to save the world for years! 
How you ask? By BURNING IT ALL TO ASHES!! The world must be purged! It's the only way! 

Also, as a note, even though it may sound like a joke, i'm fairly serious.
Posted by Gamer_152

The world is full of assholes and life isn't fair but you just kind of have to go along with it even if it sucks really badly. I understand why your pissed off at the world but in the end all you can really do is live your own life in the way you think is right.

Posted by Ramyun

Yeah, I do agree that sometimes it just feels like society just gradually becomes more accepting of everything whether it be good or bad. I guess it should be that you should get used to it, but at the same time don't go with the flow. I'm not saying this is like the solution for everything or whatever, but for me, I know that going to church and being with a community that is kind and helpful and does service for others makes me feel that I don't have to go with the world. That I feel so much more happier when I refuse to do something that the world says is okay to do. That's just me. Don't give up and stay strong man. There are good people out there.

Posted by ajamafalous

As others have said, it sounds as if you were heavily sheltered, so I'm curious about your upbringing. Where are you from, where did you grow up? Did you go to a large public high school? What college are you going to? I find it shocking that you've never heard anyone talk like this before.

Posted by ZeForgotten

On behalf of the world I would just like to say: We don't care, you're nothing! 

But being all serious here for a second, though it matters not on the internet, but I agree with you but not 100%.  
This world is filled with assholes (like me!) the best thing to do is just avoid us and live your life as you want it. 
Nobody is perfect and you shouldn't try to changeo ther people when you yourself is not even close to perfect.  

Just live life one day at a time, take things as they come.  
Yada yada, now time to go outside and enjoy the weather

Posted by Computerplayer1

I like to think that solving any and all problems has one simple solution.

Punch a baby.

Posted by Hairy_Fish
@JJWeatherman said:
" @armaan8014 said:
"  Also, anyone ever felt like "saving the world"? If yes, how do you plan to do it? "
Save the cheerleader. "
Man. I don't think there could have been a more perfect set up haha.
Posted by addictedtopinescent
@Axxol said:
" @emkeighcameron said:
" Money solves every problem. Get more money. "
Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll "
Cash rules everything around me
Posted by VoodooTerror
@PeasantAbuse said:
"

Well, the first problem I see is that you are listening to Coldplay.

"
Posted by armaan8014
@Xeiphyer said:
"

Like eyeing girls and talking about sexing them, alcohol, drugs, smoking etc.

Whats that?! ALCHOHOL?! IN COLLEGE?! NO WAY.  How dare people talk about smoking! Damn kids these days!  But seriously dude, you must have had an extremely sheltered life or something to never experience 'Boys talking about Girls', or anything like that. Its college, its when people do drugs and try things they wouldn't normally do. And, *Spoiler Alert*, Some people even have SEX in College.  I'm actually pretty impressed that its still possible to grow up that sheltered.    "
No dude I always knew. It's just their mentality that got me shaken up. Relax.
Btw I'm cool now
Posted by armaan8014

@gike987:

thanks. Yeah, I went out with my friends and am totally fine now.

@TaliciaDragonsong:

Guess we gotta do what we can do, then.

@Ramyun said:

" Yeah, I do agree that sometimes it just feels like society just gradually becomes more accepting of everything whether it be good or bad. I guess it should be that you should get used to it, but at the same time don't go with the flow. I'm not saying this is like the solution for everything or whatever, but for me, I know that going to church and being with a community that is kind and helpful and does service for others makes me feel that I don't have to go with the world. That I feel so much more happier when I refuse to do something that the world says is okay to do. That's just me. Don't give up and stay strong man. There are good people out there. "

Yeah, got it. No problem I'll handle stuff as it comes.

@ajamafalous

said:

" As others have said, it sounds as if you were heavily sheltered, so I'm curious about your upbringing. Where are you from, where did you grow up? Did you go to a large public high school? What college are you going to? I find it shocking that you've never heard anyone talk like this before. "

No dude I wasn't heavily sheltered. We all knew what happens in the world but knew what should be done and what not. People in college now are just fucking extremely boring people who do all that stuff. It's just the amount of those people has gone up ten folds

@VoodooTerror said:
" @PeasantAbuse said:
"

Well, the first problem I see is that you are listening to Coldplay.

"
"
I didn't get that :/ I would like it to be explained!
Posted by crusader8463

I gave up on life a long time ago so I'm probably not the best person for this topic, but what they hey I'm bored. 

We live in a world broken in two halves. The side where people fight tooth and nail day and night just to get a few scraps of food and clean water while avoiding rape gangs, murders and infectious disease that make the rape gangs look inviting by comparison. The other half spends their lives dedicated to finding ways to ignore the other half and to live in ignorance of their surroundings by wrapping themselves up in work, entertainment and the pursuit of earning money so that they can better insulate themselves from the rest of the world. Sure you could dedicate your life to going to these places and "helping" but even if you did it your entire life  your not making a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things. All you can hope to do is to make one day of a persons life better, but at the end of the day they are going to be right back in the same place they where the day before. 

Unless you work on fixing how things are ran in places then nothing will ever change, and even if you do you won't live long enough to actually see a difference because changing the way the world works on a scale like that will come at the cost of a lot of blood and a lot of sacrifices from people. Those places are literally warzones being run by thugs and gangs. The only way to bring order over there is to put boots on the soil and fight for ever inch of that land until the gangs and thugs are rooted out. But what do you do then? If a country like Britain or the US goes in there and does it then they will want to keep the land because it was their men and their weapons that went into making it safe, but then everyone around it will see it as a sign of aggression and wars will break out in other places. Even if they turn it over to the respected government in that region it will just go back to the way it was before hand as soon as they leave. Short of a world power deciding they want to take over a region and committing to the total occupation of it nothing will ever be changed.

Posted by RiotBananas
@addictedtopinescent said:
" @Axxol said:
" @emkeighcameron said:
" Money solves every problem. Get more money. "
Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll "
Cash rules everything around me "
This guy has the Aqua Teen Hunger Force as his avatar. I endorse his comment wholeheartedly.
Posted by armaan8014
@Bones8677 said:

"

But hey, maybe THIS video will help.

"
hahaha! That was hilarious! Thanks.
Posted by natetodamax

Just be glad you don't live in the middle east (unless you do?). That place is fucked.

Posted by Video_Game_King

Saving the world? Insert Watchmen quote.

Posted by armaan8014
@natetodamax said:
" Just be glad you don't live in the middle east (unless you do?). That place is fucked. "
No I don't. I'm glad

@Video_Game_King said:
" Saving the world? Insert Watchmen quote. "

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

or

Adrian Veidt: It doesn't take a genius to see that the world has problems.
Edward Blake: No, but it takes a room full of morons to think they're small enough for you to handle.

@armaan8014: 

Damn it, not that one! The early one, the one Rorschach says before the guy falls from the building.
Posted by armaan8014
@Video_Game_King: But I haven't even seen the movie! But here you go.. you probably wanted this one:

Adrian Veidt: We can do so much more. We can save this world... with the right leadership. 

Edited by Jeust
This thread is looong now. ^^ 

@HitmanAgent47
said:

" @Jeust: no, however they all have the same psychology regardless. Alot of these are fueled by our human needs. I'll explain it, we all have six human needs you mentioned one of them, certainty we need to be certain like a schedule a job. We need uncertainty or we get bored, we need signifigance to be acknowledged. We need connection with others, that explains the drinking and peer presser flirting. Also we need growth and lastly contribution like rich donating to the poor. These are universal human needs, so maybe it is as certain as i've explained it. We aren't as individualist as we all think we are, we are part of society which has social norms and we are ruled by psychology. Yes your right, not everyone has the same experiences as everyone else, they don't interpret the world the same either, that's what makes us different. However i'm mostly speaking on human needs and that can't change. The need of importance has fueled war to tyrants and power hungry war mongers. The need for connection has led to slutty women and lots of fornication. The need for growth has resulted in trying to earn money. The need for uncertainty has driven alot of us to travel, to go on a vacation. The need to contribute, means we had enough of our needs met, we can contribute. Ppl are sort of similar and not everywhere else in the world has as much as we do. Some of the world with these six human needs are very poor, their full of uncertainty, a lack of growth, a contribution to a war, ect. I hope that made sense. Maybe the op doesn't realise it these needs yet and why ppl are the way they are. With this process we have survived generations after generations because of it. The best way to deal with it is to understand it and to accept it. Maybe reframe the way you see the world, it's called a paradigm. Maybe positive thinking works, although I doubt it. Maybe accept it like I do, be a realist. Or maybe try to change things, be an idealist, you can change the way you see things. Our belif is an absolute feeling of certainty, question your belifs, make it uncertain, then questions it, maybe you can challenge it and change it. I used to see the world in a very negative way before. "

Yep, but despite those main drives there is still uncertainty. Or why can't we then predict exactly how our lives will be in a week or a month from now?  Those values are true, still each person interacts with them in his/her personal way. Different people react differently, and with that give rise to uncertainty as you can't predict how different people will act. Also reality is bigger than us and what surrounds us, and the causes that product the effects aren't always visible or accountable, which gives rise to what we can't predict, and creates the uncertainty, isn't it? 

I too saw it negatively, but now i cope with it, and just try what i can to make it a better place. 
@Sadisticham said:

" Come and join me. I'm currently preparing to live on the Moon. I've got my rocket ship all ready. I'm not saying you wont get tired and pissed on the moon..but it is a much smaller place so it should be to a lesser extent. "

Fuck no! The Moon's off-limits, you can't come here. We have some good shit going on up here, and we don't need humanity fucking things up. Oh, and here's the quote I wanted:

The world will look up and shout 'save us' and I will look down and whisper 'no'.
Posted by Mrnitropb
@DystopiaX said:
" @armaan8014 said:
" @Mario2544 said:
@Mrnitropb said:
" "

what?

@Murdouken said:
dude if you cut across the street you're going to sever an artery. If you cut  down the road then that won't happen and you'll still draw masochistic satisfaction from your pain!  I first heard of this when I visited northwestern university for a summer camp thing when I was like 10, and one of the first seminars I took was on depression. " 
No, you go down the block, and follow the blue lines, leaving one or several veins opened up for a long stretch, whereas the short cut doesn't really do the job. You see survivors with slashes across their wrists, very very few down the arm.

And yes, I'm an asshole.
Edited by Jeust
@HitmanAgent47 said:

"

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else."        

"You are not your job. You are not how much you have in the bank. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking Khakis.You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."     

"We were raised on television to believe that we'd all be millionaires, movie gods, rock stars, but we won't. And we're starting to figure that out."      

"Hitting bottom isn't a weekend retreat. It's not a goddamn seminar. Stop trying to control everything and just let go! LET GO!"

Ain't that the truth, it's a capitilist world for certain countries, we are all going to die one day, the world keeps moving. It's deceptive, there are two layers, we are only pretending to be nice to each other because it benefits us. You saw a bit of that, you saw right through the layers. We find out we are not special or unique like celebrities or models and we can't control everything in the world. Maybe it's better to just let it go and try to find joy in your life, from videogames, from finding a job you like, being in a relationship of the opposite sex. If you see the world like that, I think you will be happier. I like to think we are in one big trash can, some areas are less filthy than others and stink less, yet we are part of the same compost heap. You are the same decaying matter as everything else.  

Maybe improve your social skills, understand how money works, learn how to invest, start a business, how to run a company, work for others. Try to accept reality and try to see the good side of it, even though reality sort of sucks and ppl use drugs to disconnect from it, there are still good things in life. Be competent at your job or whatever you do. Don't trust ppl that easily, not everyone is nice, they might be pretentious, that's what I learned. They don't care about you and if they do it's for their own benefit. Ppl are emotional creatures, they are not logical. Question everything, every belif, the way you see the world, there is alot of deception your seeing right now. This is good advice, I should actually take my own advice, lol.

"
I agree with this too lol 

Still not everyone that helps you is making it for their own benefit. I for once like to help, and not because people realize or it gives me any kind of advantage, but because i feel people need help, as do i sometimes.  Sometimes i act on my pure interest, but many times i act selfless. 

Letting go for me it is the only sane way of being, as you can't and won't control the world around you, no matter how hard you try. Just let life slide.  

But there is one thing to (almost) everything in this world i believe. I might be wrong. There is a lot of deception, and probably deception in everything, but there are always shades of truth in everything too. Trying to see what is the true and what is illusion, that is for me the one of the main points of life. 

And you summed well the way i'm trying to live it.  

@Gamer_152
 said: 

" The world is full of assholes and life isn't fair but you just kind of have to go along with it even if it sucks really badly. I understand why your pissed off at the world but in the end all you can really do is live your own life in the way you think is right. "

I agree. I feel that "fair" is a naive concept, as nothing is truly fair. When you divide a bread in two parts, even if they are almost equally divided, one person will have with the biggest part and the other with the smallest. Fair is trying to balance and unbalanced scale, where everything has it's own weight.  
Posted by armaan8014
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Sadisticham said:

" Come and join me. I'm currently preparing to live on the Moon. I've got my rocket ship all ready. I'm not saying you wont get tired and pissed on the moon..but it is a much smaller place so it should be to a lesser extent. "

Fuck no! The Moon's off-limits, you can't come here. We have some good shit going on up here, and we don't need humanity fucking things up. Oh, and here's the quote I wanted:  The world will look up and shout 'save us' and I will look down and whisper 'no'. "
But that's not very nice! :P

@Mrnitropb said:
" No, you go down the block, and follow the blue lines, leaving one or several veins opened up for a long stretch, whereas the short cut doesn't really do the job. You see survivors with slashes across their wrists, very very few down the arm.  And yes, I'm an asshole. "
I didn't say that :/ I just didn't get it the first time.

@Jeust said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
I agree with this too lol  Still not everyone that helps you is making it for their own benefit. I for once like to help, and not because people realize or it gives me any kind of advantage, but because i feel people need help, as do i sometimes.  Sometimes i act on my pure interest, but many times i act selfless.  And you summed well the way i'm trying to live it. :)  "

Well that's a lot of useful advice there. Thanks.
Posted by chocolaterhinovampire
@armaan8014:
were you home schooled at all?  College/University is full of dumb people who don't belong there....give it a year and those suckers will be weeded out of the system.  In the meantime just man up and keep on trucking duder.
Posted by Jeust
@crusader8463 said:
"  I gave up on life a long time ago so I'm probably not the best person for this topic, but what they hey I'm bored.    We live in a world broken in two halves. The side where people fight tooth and nail day and night just to get a few scraps of food and clean water while avoiding rape gangs, murders and infectious disease that make the rape gangs look inviting by comparison. The other half spends their lives dedicated to finding ways to ignore the other half and to live in ignorance of their surroundings by wrapping themselves up in work, entertainment and the pursuit of earning money so that they can better insulate themselves from the rest of the world. Sure you could dedicate your life to going to these places and "helping" but even if you did it your entire life  your not making a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things. All you can hope to do is to make one day of a persons life better, but at the end of the day they are going to be right back in the same place they where the day before.    Unless you work on fixing how things are ran in places then nothing will ever change, and even if you do you won't live long enough to actually see a difference because changing the way the world works on a scale like that will come at the cost of a lot of blood and a lot of sacrifices from people. Those places are literally warzones being run by thugs and gangs. The only way to bring order over there is to put boots on the soil and fight for ever inch of that land until the gangs and thugs are rooted out. But what do you do then? If a country like Britain or the US goes in there and does it then they will want to keep the land because it was their men and their weapons that went into making it safe, but then everyone around it will see it as a sign of aggression and wars will break out in other places. Even if they turn it over to the respected government in that region it will just go back to the way it was before hand as soon as they leave. Short of a world power deciding they want to take over a region and committing to the total occupation of it nothing will ever be changed. "
thanks for that answer :) 

There is a lot of truth there. 
  • 128 results