Log in or sign up to comment
128 Comments
  • 128 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by armaan8014
@chocolaterhinovampire: Nope... wasn't homeschooled.
 
@crusader8463: That cleared some stuff up, thanks.
Posted by Video_Game_King
@armaan8014: 
 
Why do you think I quoted Rorschach? I've been looking at you guys for a long time, and you never seem to get it right. There's just so much wrong with Earth that I find myself amazed when I go down there for vacation, especially since nobody ever seems to recognize me as non-human.
Posted by Meltbrain
@lhaymehr said:
" @armaan8014 said:

"I'll probably snap out of my bad mood in a few days, but I don't whether that would be a good thing. "

No you wont, my friend. You're the type that cares and as you get older you'll only feel more helpless and depressed about the awful shit on this planet.  :) "
Haha. Captain Realistic to the rescue. Yeah, the world is full of nasty shit. You can't get by on igorance, that never works out. You have to see it for what it is and just accept that it probably has been and is going to be around forever. I hope your mood has lifted a little since you first posted. We all feel like crap sometimes, man.
Posted by armaan8014
@Video_Game_King: ... I'm confused now.
 
@Meltbrain said:
" @lhaymehr said:
" @armaan8014 said:

"I'll probably snap out of my bad mood in a few days, but I don't whether that would be a good thing. "

No you wont, my friend. You're the type that cares and as you get older you'll only feel more helpless and depressed about the awful shit on this planet.  :) "
Haha. Captain Realistic to the rescue. Yeah, the world is full of nasty shit. You can't get by on ignorance, that never works out. You have to see it for what it is and just accept that it probably has been and is going to be around forever. I hope your mood has lifted a little since you first posted. We all feel like crap sometimes, man. "
Yeah dude, totally fine now. Also, I have learnt some stuff from this experience which should be good for me. Thanks :)
Posted by Video_Game_King
@armaan8014: 
 
Yea, that's the one drawback about living on the Moon: everything's confusing as hell. You get used to it, but damn, I still don't understand how we can float on oceans of air. It's badass, but confusing :P.
Posted by armaan8014

This topic has gone off topic, and I'm fine now. So it would be best if there were no more posts here!
 
 @Video_Game_King: nooo! And all I ever wanted to be was a moon man! 
Posted by Video_Game_King
@armaan8014: 
 
First problem you have: moon men. That's a stupid phrase, we don't call ourselves that.
Posted by luce

Ok guys, I have a plan.
 
 
 
 

We need to transport our minds into robots.

Posted by crusader8463
@luce said:
" Ok guys, I have a plan.      We need to transport our minds into robots. "
Dib's on the most powerful one.
Edited by DrGanon

Turn that frown upside down. Yeah!
Posted by TwilitEnd656

Save the world?
... Actually, yeah, in my early teen years. Then I realized the world isn't so simple. The actions that some people take don't have to be backed by logic or reason, so there's really no way to completely "save the world." All you can do is to march on forward toward whatever you're going for, your own ideals held high. If you're lucky, you'll make the lives of some people around you just a bit better through the small things in life.

Posted by DrGanon

  
  FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by HitmanAgent47
@Jeust: I just want to add to the concept of human needs of contribution. You know if you donate to the poor, give blood, help others out or anything like that, you do feel good about yourself right for doing that? Otherwise we wouldn't have a need to donate or help others. You do get a benefit of doing something good for others and you feel good about yourself even if your not making any money out of it. I do say for that concept, maybe you do get a benefit out of it, you are more selfless and gets less depressed or focused on your problems when you help others, yet there is definitetly a benefit psychologically. However your right, there are even those ppl out there, who met all their basic human needs of certainty, uncertainty, importance and connection i've mentioned and they want to share. Those who hasn't, is only doing it for their benefit to feel better about themselves. I mean even with community, church, philantrophy, humanitarians, these ppl probally has enough of their needs met in life, they can share with others. Well that's my opinion anyways.
Posted by Symphony
@crusader8463 said:
"  I gave up on life a long time ago so I'm probably not the best person for this topic, but what they hey I'm bored.    We live in a world broken in two halves. The side where people fight tooth and nail day and night just to get a few scraps of food and clean water while avoiding rape gangs, murders and infectious disease that make the rape gangs look inviting by comparison. The other half spends their lives dedicated to finding ways to ignore the other half and to live in ignorance of their surroundings by wrapping themselves up in work, entertainment and the pursuit of earning money so that they can better insulate themselves from the rest of the world. Sure you could dedicate your life to going to these places and "helping" but even if you did it your entire life  your not making a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things. All you can hope to do is to make one day of a persons life better, but at the end of the day they are going to be right back in the same place they where the day before.    Unless you work on fixing how things are ran in places then nothing will ever change, and even if you do you won't live long enough to actually see a difference because changing the way the world works on a scale like that will come at the cost of a lot of blood and a lot of sacrifices from people. Those places are literally warzones being run by thugs and gangs. The only way to bring order over there is to put boots on the soil and fight for ever inch of that land until the gangs and thugs are rooted out. But what do you do then? If a country like Britain or the US goes in there and does it then they will want to keep the land because it was their men and their weapons that went into making it safe, but then everyone around it will see it as a sign of aggression and wars will break out in other places. Even if they turn it over to the respected government in that region it will just go back to the way it was before hand as soon as they leave. Short of a world power deciding they want to take over a region and committing to the total occupation of it nothing will ever be changed. "

While I can certainly understand where you're coming from and feel quite similar in many regards myself, I am always reminded of one man when people say that "one person can't make a difference"
 
Norman Borlaug, "The man who saved a billion lives".
 
Obviously, he's a diamond in the rough, but he spent his life doing something remarkable in the face of people saying that individuals can't create positive change globally.
Posted by kishan6

start smoking and drinking 
thats what i did 
-.- 
no but seriously u shouldnt do that 
i really regret starting to smoke 
but you do need to find a way to let out that kind of frustration

Posted by DrGanon

  

  TRUST YOURSELF AND BLOW UP THE FUCKING MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Mattalorian

Yeah, I'm in the same boat right now. Though, in the end, my opinion on the subject doesn't really matter - the reason I feel so negatively towards everything, and allow myself to get depressed by the state of the world, is because of typical teenage negativity and skepticism. Once I'm a little older, I'll likely have completely different views on the subject. I grew up as a sheltered, homeschooled child, and now that I've reached a point where I'm forced to see the true nature of the world, it's really getting me down - understandably so. I just hope that this depression changes, and doesn't follow me into adulthood.
Something I will say, though, is I'm really impressed by all the realism and valid points in this topic - especially considering this is a video game message board. Most of the time, I encounter people with blind and ignorant views towards life and the state of the world - I even encountered someone who was legitimately trying to argue that life is fair. It's nice to see some intelligent (though, admittedly rather depressing) discussion here.

Posted by DrGanon

YOU CANT DO IT!!!!! YOU CAN BLOW UP THE FUCKING MOON!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST BELIEVE!!!!!!
Posted by armaan8014
@Video_Game_King said:
" @armaan8014:   First problem you have: moon men. That's a stupid phrase, we don't call ourselves that. "
oh man... What must I do!?
 
@DrGanon said:
" Turn that frown upside down. Yeah! "

Don't worry be happy?
 
@TwilitEnd656:
That's what I plan to do, thanks.
 
@Symphony said:

While I can certainly understand where you're coming from and feel quite similar in many regards myself, I am always reminded of one man when people say that "one person can't make a difference"
 
Norman Borlaug, "The man who saved a billion lives".  Obviously, he's a diamond in the rough, but he spent his life doing something remarkable in the face of people saying that individuals can't create positive change globally. "
Maybe with inspirations like him, I can still aim to do something, thanks :)
 
@kishan6:
Video games maybe? :P
 
@Mattalorian said:
" Something I will say, though, is I'm really impressed by all the realism and valid points in this topic - especially considering this is a video game message board. Most of the time, I encounter people with blind and ignorant views towards life and the state of the world - I even encountered someone who was legitimately trying to argue that life is fair. It's nice to see some intelligent (though, admittedly rather depressing) discussion here. "
Yeah some of the replies really helped me out and made things a lot clearer. 
Hey, maybe I helped some people out (including myself) by starting this topic! :)
Posted by Video_Game_King
@armaan8014: 
 
First, learn our language: it's Traditional Senastian. It's like Chinese, but instead of looking like Chinese, all our papers look like somebody mixed up sprite sheets. It's kinda obvious why. *points to crown*
Posted by TomA

I feel the same way dude. I think it's just our age(I'm about to go into my first year of University) to be honest, it will probably go away in a little while

Posted by armaan8014
@Video_Game_King: oh maaan. Sounds too time consuming. Guess I'm just gonna have to live on Earth and deal with it.
Posted by Video_Game_King
@armaan8014: 
 
Yea, I know it sucks, but you have to deal with it. I don't, so it sucks even more to be you! * evil laugh*
Posted by RenMcKormack

Here is the thing.  It is important when going to college/university to see what you can do about how you feel.  If you are really upset about the violence in Israel then you are in the perfct place to learn everything you could ever know about it, and to get involved and active in political groups on campus (or start your own). Having graduated college and law school, and moved on into the working world, I feel more and more disconnected from getting really INVOLVED in something and can't let things affect me emotionally anymore because of the stresses of work.  But man, college is the place to feel like you feel now and to do something about it.  You will never have more general free time to think and philosohize again, and its an important part of growing up.   
 
Also, people are dicks everywhere. If people are being idiots in school, or do something that you don't like, then some day those people will work with you, be your neighbors etc. Its best to just take idiots for what they are, and have fun with it.
Posted by armaan8014
@RenMcKormack: But I hear architecture is reeeally time consuming. There are no groups such as that in my campus as far as I know too.
But I'll continue to do good around me and do my best to make a difference in the small part of the world that is affected by me. 
And yeah, I'm ready to accept dicky people for what they are. I've done for quite some time.
Edited by MysteriousBob

 You will eventually die and be forgotten having left no meaningful impact whatsoever.FUN TIME BABY WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO      
 
Thanks for the redirect.

Posted by Jeust
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Jeust: I just want to add to the concept of human needs of contribution. You know if you donate to the poor, give blood, help others out or anything like that, you do feel good about yourself right for doing that? Otherwise we wouldn't have a need to donate or help others. You do get a benefit of doing something good for others and you feel good about yourself even if your not making any money out of it. I do say for that concept, maybe you do get a benefit out of it, you are more selfless and gets less depressed or focused on your problems when you help others, yet there is definitetly a benefit psychologically. However your right, there are even those ppl out there, who met all their basic human needs of certainty, uncertainty, importance and connection i've mentioned and they want to share. Those who hasn't, is only doing it for their benefit to feel better about themselves. I mean even with community, church, philantrophy, humanitarians, these ppl probally has enough of their needs met in life, they can share with others. Well that's my opinion anyways. "
I agree. :)  
 
But just like i said there are some good people around. So don't get all down.  
 
Cheers
Posted by Mr_Skeleton

I live in Israel and not to sound like the whole thing I right because it obviously very wrong but you have to understand how it is here. A few years ago in the Second Intefada suicide boombers and armed terrorists kept attacking civilians (not the army or goverment buildings), things were really bad here people were afraind to go to work on a bus or shop at the mall. Only after the West Bank barrier was constructed things got better and there was some quiet time but then the Hamas (a terrorist organization who believes Israel should be destroyed) and things started going downhill again. Every day rockets were fired at Israeli cities and at civili ans and things got very bad so the IDF had to do a big operationg inside Gaza (almost the same thing happened with Lebanon later), sadly because the Hamas is a terroris organization and they fight a g uerrilla warfare they most of the time fight and fire rocket from inside the houses while keeping the inhabitant with them so the soldiers wont fire back at them or if they do it will look in the media like Israel is attacking civilians. Today while things are better there are still rockets being fired at Israel every day. 
One other problem (witch I got to see first hand because I was traveling in England the time the Second Lebanon War started) is the the media barely shows the Israeli side of the problem or casualties which causes people to hate Israel without understanding the problem. 
Now im not saying that this justifies the civilanz who got killed because there is nothing to justifie that (including kill Israeli citizans) but I hope this helped you understand the situation a little bit better (and it is much more complex then what I wrote), and that Israel or the IDF want this to happen or aim at citizans.