135 Comments
  • 135 results
Posted by MattClassic

Cop from Jail Break gave me flashbacks of that .gif from some movie or something where a cop drops a gun down his pants and out his fly and shoots dudes by thrusting his hips and then kicks the gun into another dude's face. You know the one.

Edited by Goblinoid

Woah, these game room quicklooks really are the time killers!

Posted by RobJ

That was freaky as heck seeing Asteroids in color.

Posted by grumpyg

Gameroom sure is dissapointing so far!
Posted by fwylo

AutoRacing gave me a headache.

Posted by ironsizide

Many an hour wasted by yours truly on Asteroids in my youth.

Posted by bibamatt

I don't have any interest in buying any Game Room games, but DAMN I love these quick looks.

Posted by elektrokuter

Love the Game Room quick looks!

Posted by ColonelTyroneSanders

Asteroids in color woah

Posted by Guided_By_Tigers

Nice

Posted by dawgpound89

Oh man this looks good

Posted by Awesomonster

Ahhh, remember when games didn't have to have endings, when you couldn't win them you just kept playing and the highest score was the coolest kid? That sure was a... swell? time?

Posted by Marmaladebrat

I am glad that Giant Bomb does these previews. I think that Microsoft has already written off Game Room. They do not seem to promote it at all.
Posted by JediAutobot

I will miss these when Microsoft pulls the plug on this.  Don't know anything just saying.

Posted by Budkin

More original arcade ports and less crappy Atari 2600 and Intellivision games that no one wants to play anymore.

Posted by Nintendude
@ReleaseTheAnts said:
" wow... asteroids in color looks... gross "
Yeah, those colors doesn't make any sense really. I guess they made it colorful just because they could.
Posted by ReleaseTheAnts

wow... asteroids in color looks... gross

Posted by stawnkald

Watching the Game Room QL's is so great, it's like an easier-to-digest version of an Endurance Run. Shame so many of these games have aged terribly.

Posted by ry0wn

The marathon guy has 2 different color legs.

Posted by nsolo1717

asteroids in color=mind blown

Posted by Nintendude
@Undeadpool said:
" I love how EVERY fucking "High level play" they check out is just a dude standing in one place exploiting eternally spawning enemies. It's kinda silly. "
Not really. I bet the game becomes extremely hard later on if you try to fly around. If it's 10 times easier when  you don't do something why would you even bother if you want a good score?
Posted by Kraznor

Love these, especially all those awful Intellivision games.

Posted by Babylonian

God, Kirby Air Ride was such an Auto Racing ripoff. And all this time, I never knew.

Edited by ApolloBob

Ah the Atari 2600 joystick.  In my memory, they would break if you never used them.  The more you used one the better it got.  Fun to chew on also.

Also - that's not a proper Asteroids emulation - where's the flickering that came along with the ROM doubling bank-switch technology?

Posted by PosseOfOne

"look at this technology though, like there's a clock there. a lot going on"
lol wtf Vinny

Posted by StriderNo9

If you fill up your rooms MS should just give you a free one, only MS would get away charging for that.

Posted by Undeadpool

I love how EVERY fucking "High level play" they check out is just a dude standing in one place exploiting eternally spawning enemies. It's kinda silly.

Posted by GoodKn1ght
@Ronald said:
" @Meatsim said:
" Jeff should be given is own personal Game Room patch that adds more floors for arcade machines. "
I'm still waiting for Microsoft to announce pricing details on additional floors for your GameRoom. I am going to guess 400 points for an additional three floors. "
Have you actually filled your arcade?
Posted by gakon
@ItsAJackal said:
" Has there still been no word on what happens when you run out of arcade room?  Do you have to purchase a warehouse unit down the road to store your arcade machines until you can sell them at the next big show? "
All of your games are accessible from the "My Collection" menu, so even if your arcade has no space you can still keep buying games, but you have to pick and choose which games to display.  However, there are 96 (8 * 4 * 3) slots to place arcade machines, and just a little over 100 games out on the service.  Microsoft initially said their goal was to reach the thousands, although their progress was slowed when they went from 7 new releases a week to 5.  I doubt they'll be adding the ability to add/purchase new floors for a while, since no sane person owns as many games as there are spots for cabinets.
Posted by Xealot42

Vinny you must start SC2.  Your profile pic of Jim Raynor demands it!  :)

Posted by fedorajay

I had Asteroids for the 2600, along with ET, Oink, Stampede, and Pac Man. Yup, all the awful games that contributed to the video game crash were bought for 50 cents each from a local Value Village here in Ontario.

Posted by PenguinDust

Back in 1981, I could play Asteroids for hours.  Just one game for hours.  Still, I spent even more time playing MegaMania.  I could kill a day with a single game on that one.

Edited by ItsAJackal

Has there still been no word on what happens when you run out of arcade room?

Do you have to purchase a warehouse unit down the road to store your arcade machines until you can sell them at the next big show?

Posted by SithToast

Ice spiders!

Posted by glanesb

it's all about nostalgia...plain simple....bring us back to the days when we used our imaginations to fill in the pixels

Posted by fynne

OMG.  Why is MS releasing all these lame 2600/Intellivision ports.  MAME makes this look like amateur hour.  I can't believe anyone (besides reviewers like Jeff) are buying this stuff.

Posted by mark2000

8:31

The background noise sounds like Jaws is about to attack.

Posted by Kajaah117
@patrick said:
" @Kajaah117 said:
" You know Asteroids is a failure when the top scorer for Asteroids apparently quits the game out of sheer boredom. "
Fixed. "
Haha. You're fix of my statement is also true, but I think we can all agree Game Room needs to get some more publishers or more consoles to emulate in the next few weeks to stay alive.
Posted by patrick
@Kajaah117 said:
" You know Asteroids is a failure when the top scorer for Asteroids apparently quits the game out of sheer boredom. "
Fixed.
Posted by Th3_James
@TurboMan said:
" my name is mentioned at 24:50 ... be jealous. "
How jealous should I be? on a level of 1-16.25
Posted by TurboMan

my name is mentioned at 24:50 ... be jealous.

Posted by Blkthorne

Should be some interesting quick looks for Pack 8, its been posted on the xbox forums that there is no arcade games to be found, only 2600/INTV games, sure hope Jeff enjoys 3D Tic-Tac-Toe.
Posted by Zoidberg

Game Room Quick Looks are my favorite.

Posted by LordCrom

Still own everyone.
Posted by glanesb

Man, I went Ape-shit when Asteroids came out for Atari 2600. I remember sitting on the subway coming home from school and this Asian kid kept taking it out of his bookbag....gawking in delight. It was all the rage through gradeschool in NYC. He was talking with his friends and he put it down on the seat forgetting about it while his friends were telling the latest joke in Cantonese........the subway "DONG' singled the next stop. He collected his bookbag forgetting the ASTEROIDS BOX?!...HOLY SHIT I thought.....he got up and walked out the door........the door closed...I grabbed the game of life.....I thought about getting off the next stop and backtracking to where he got off..CANAL STREET Chinatown......I did not... Do I feel bad looking back?!?!?!  Sorry kid....I do not.

Posted by Kajaah117

You know Game Room is a failure when the top scorer for Asteroids apparently quit the game out of sheer boredom.

Posted by dagas

That beeping sound in Asteroids reminds me of the Dreamcast VMU.

Posted by Nick

Wow I used to have Auto Racing lol, that brings back some memories.
Posted by MjHealy

Man... I wish that Microsoft had killed Game Room instead of 1 vs 100. I may not enjoy these crappy games but at least we are getting some fun QLs.

• 135 results