404 Comments
Posted by Nossie

played most of the castlevania games :) 
the PSX version I personally still find  phantasmagorical    
Posted by Robin_Gr

Think I'll just stick to replaying Order of  Ecclesia.

Posted by TheMustacheHero

Jonathon Morris is the second character you can play in portrait of ruin...

Posted by Nonsense88

Looks pretty interesting, I hope it finds its way to the PSN eventually..

Posted by Deathpooky

The more I look at it, the more this game looks absolutely terrible.  The sprites and environments are quite obviously ripped from the DS/PS1 games, they took out exploration, adding powers, leveling up, and basically everything that makes Castlevania a good game, and on top of that it just looks shoddily put together. 

It just seems like an XBLA cash-in with Japanese developers again entirely misreading the American audience and just saying "hey, they like co-op?  let's slap some co-op in Castlevania."  

The summer of arcade is so far turning out very disappointing.  I thought I'd be getting at least 3 or maybe all 5, now I'm unsure I'll get more than Limbo - which itself was a little bit of a let down.

Posted by Zelnox

Could be interesting.

Posted by Garfunkle

Multiplayer coop Castlevania... interesting.

Posted by Genjai

"This guy's a dick." 

A truer statement has never been said.

Edited by IamTerics

Looks meh. Scratch that. This looks horrible.

Posted by BenderUnit22

The soundtrack rips!

Posted by peelermcsweepy

hmm... not really what i was expecting, but looks alright.

Edited by Devil240Z

NO EXP???? Whaaaaaat!?!?! 

JAPAN!!! STOP! JUST STOP!  

You suck at multiplayer. Focus on single player. 

Posted by eccentrix

I've never played a Castlevania game, but this looks awesome. Like those old platformer levels I used to design on paper for four players, before four players was even a thing.

Edited by Vager

This quick look is bumming me out. I was so excited for this game, but it seems like they have no exploration, very few enemy types, small amount of loot and really short chapters.  

Seriously, seeing axe knights and hoop rings show up on chapter 1 and then again on chapter 3 is disheartening. 

I want a big castle that I can map out and explorer with a friend. Not a dungeon crawler with repetitive loot and enemies. 

I was thinking it would be like Portrait of Ruin single player but, with coop. Maybe I was expecting too much..

Posted by Genjai
@Devil240Z said:
" JAPAN!!! STOP! JUST STOP!   You suck at multiplayer. Focus on single player.  "
ditto.
Posted by RecSpec

Too bad, I wasn't expecting the single player to be so lacking.

Posted by nickux

I feel like so much of the stupid crap in this game could be fixed if the loot didn't repeat as much. 

Posted by Yodzilla

I really have no idea what to think about this game.  Single player is a bit unsatisfactory but multi could be interesting.  Hrmmm...

Posted by CyleMoore

I want some Castlevania: Hot Dog.  I'll play as Soma if it ever comes to PSN.

Posted by Seroth

This should be a Thursday Night Throwdown game. >_>

Posted by CptBedlam
@Deathpooky said:
" It just seems like an XBLA cash-in with Japanese developers again entirely misreading the American audience and just saying "hey, they like co-op?  let's slap some co-op in Castlevania."  "
So true.
Posted by Zicdab

Only six chapters?  Seems short.  I thought this was going to be a new single-player Castlevania game.

Posted by President_Evil

Pretty much confirmed what I figured this game would be all about when the first screenshots hit.  Still gonna get it.  Believe it or not, there was a time when Castlevania wasn't about exploring a giant castle and leveling up.  It was about walking to the right, whipping dudes, and collecting pork chops out of walls.

Posted by Marz

soundtrack sounds rad.

Posted by cstrang

Well, I think that QL was enough to get me to pass up this game.  Shame, this title had great potential.

Posted by XcL

Look like I'm buying a DS and going through the last few actual castlevanias. 

Posted by yoshimitz707

No leveling and no story? Not getting this anymore.

Edited by MrKlorox

I said it before and I'll surely say it again: Castlevania HD is the worst name for this game ever. Especially since it's the second game in the series to use H and D as the main letters.

edit: Holy shit this is the best Castlevania music ever! And I even ordered the SOTN OST from Japan back in 1998 because it was so dope. Did Michiru Yamane do this soundtrack as well? Couldn't be.

Posted by Onigenko

Meh. I guess I'll just buy Order of Ecclesia or something for my Castlevania needs.

Posted by SquirrelGOD

So, they make a game gathering several characters from across the series and don't include Simon "The Best and Most Important Castlevania Character" Belmont?  Fuck this game.  I agree with the dude who recommended people just buy some of the older Castlevania games for DS.

Posted by paradox121
@stawnkald said:
" Man, this went from "I'm interested" to "meh, I'll save my 1200 points for something else. " Oh well. "
Same. Now time to pin my hopes on the Lara Croft game. C'mon, fourth games a charm
Posted by DoctorSensei

Walking seems, slow. Not feeling this game as much seeing it in action.

Edited by CitizenJP

I loooove Castlevania! >_< 
edit: although like alot of people, I am a lil bummed about no real story mode. Yes I'm well aware it's specifically an online game. Still, it's missing somethin. :o

Posted by LordXavierBritish
@Vager said:
"I was so excited for this game, but it seems like they have no exploration, very few enemy types, small amount of loot and really short chapters."
I have some games that might interest you. 

They are called almost every Casltevania game before this.
Posted by transience

this looks kind of bad. we didn't see the main draw of the game though, the co-op. maybe that will make it better.

Posted by CrazedJoker

This is fine, but I'm really ready for a new new castlevania, I'm talkin' Castlevania: The Shadow Complex.

Posted by Flappy

I'm loving this music.

Posted by 88Fingers

I like what I saw...
I guess a lot of people are going to be disappointed because it's not an action RPG anymore.
But, hey! It's still has loot and a nice selection of characters from the series.

Jeff and Ryan don't seem to thrilled about it.
If reviewed I predict 3 stars.

I'm still going to buy it.

Posted by SethPhotopoulos

It's Yosuke!!

Posted by geirr

So what do you do when there's a banana on the screen?

Posted by Zerstoren

This didn't need to exist.

Posted by Ticodude

looks OK but nothing special

Posted by Sarumarine

Gelatinous Cubes!

A bunch of things about this game bother me like six player slots but only five characters. Or the slapdash single player mode.

But that zoom feature is totally awesome. I wonder if there's an achievement to beat a castle without zooming in at all.

Posted by CaptainTightPants

Jeez i was really excited for this, but this completely killed my interest. Im just going to buy a DS castlevania.

Posted by chogi

fyi. shanoa has a rapier.

rapier.

Posted by Akumatano

It looks like more of Symphony of the Night and if that's your thing, then cool.  But for me, I enjoyed J and R's commentary more than the game video in this quicklook

Posted by Rhaknar
@88Fingers said:
" I like what I saw... I guess a lot of people are going to be disappointed because it's not an action RPG anymore. But, hey! It's still has loot and a nice selection of characters from the series.  Jeff and Ryan don't seem to thrilled about it. If reviewed I predict 3 stars.  I'm still going to buy it. "
you predict 3 stars with ryan saying "castlevania Hellish poop" and jeff saying "yeah...its not far off"?

it will get a 2 at most in my opinion, probably deserving aswell, it does not look good at all
Posted by Zermanator

Maybe another QL when it's out so we can see multi-player?

Edited by Roger778

Looks like a typical button-mashing hack-and-slash type of game.  I was especially disappointed to hear from Jeff that there's no story to the game which is a bummer. So, no thanks.

Oh, well, maybe the new Castlevania game that's coming out later this year will be good.
Posted by Melvargh

I'll download the demo, we shall see about buying it.