404 Comments
  • 404 results
Posted by phantomzxro

yeah this does not look like something i will pick up.
Posted by fidgetwidget

A little more info about how the different characters play (does Soma capture souls still) would have been nice. Looking forward to this and the next two XBLA releases.

Posted by carlthenimrod

I'm hoping this game has a savage difficulty because as it is, looks kind of easy. But I remain hopeful and will buy it just for the bad ass music alone.

Edited by Bummey

Huh, I was looking forward to this. Guess I'm going to pass. I mean... I know it's a Castlevania game, but when are we ever going to see something new? Every game is exactly the same.

Posted by Matterless

Pasadena.
Posted by Arteen

Seems like it would be fun for 400 msp or so, but you could get the (much better) Symphony of the Night for less than this cost now.  I was looking forward to this, but I'm going to pass for now.

Posted by MarioBoza
@Meltac said:
" I would rather just buy Symphony of the Night "
agreed
Edited by PJ

This sucks. I was hoping for a new Castlevania game but get this. Guess this isn't this years Shadow Complex. Its funny because it is a Metroidvania clone. SC is a better Castlevania then Castlevania.

Posted by NemesisTheory

Seems like something that'd really work in co-op, as has been noted before. Thankfully I've got some pals who are getting this as well, so hopefully it'll be good times. 1200 MSP is pretty steep for something like this...

Posted by Hamst3r

Horchata! My obsession.

Time to go get some. :O

Posted by bartok

I kinda want another QL that features multiplayer since that seems to be this games main draw.

Posted by TwoLines
@Bummey said:
" Huh, I was looking forward to this. Guess I'm going to pass. I mean... I know it's a Castlevania game, but when are we ever going to see something new? Every game is exactly the same. "
I want something exactly the same, instead they give me this.

All I want is a 2D Castlevania with HD graphics and a new castle.
Is that so hard to make?

SotN sold quite well on XBLA, why can't they just upgrade it?
Ehh.
Posted by animateria

Lame.

Posted by queenulhu

Everything looked awesome... until "no local player support" WTF... I really wanted to play this game with my boyfriend!!!

Posted by Jost1

Looks incredibly half-assed I'm sorry to say. Music is a redeeming feature though.

Posted by ShinAli

The first boss monster was ripe for foreskin jokes. 

MISSED OPPURTUNITY.
Posted by MystDragon3k

Huh...looks kinda interesting...I'd like to see what its like with 4 other guys in there but yeah, looks fun.

Posted by myrsnok

Castlevania: Humanity Depraved.

Posted by SunKing

This looks like a dog's dinner of a game, if I'm being honest.

Posted by offeringofpie

Doesn't look as good as  Symphony of the Night to be honest. Still, it's a good tool for procrastination :3

Posted by Bacchus

I really wanted this to be great.  Hopefully the multi-player will have some legs.

Posted by Brackynews

HD?  Ohhh, Phoenix DOWN... right.

@Pictoben said:

" It's a shocker, but in almost 20 years of being a gamer, I've NEVER played a Castlevania game - is this where I start? "
If you mean this is where you can begin calling yourself a gamer, then yes. ;)
But play SotN first, kay?
Posted by fastkilr

This didn't show too well in the Quick Look. Was hoping for a genuine full-fledged Castlevania adventure on consoles,  but this looks more like a quick cash-in on players eager for a co-op Castlevania game. Will have to wait it out and see the reviews posted once the co-op is actually running.

By the way, is this the first proper multi-player game in the series (not counting the fighting game for the Wii)?

Posted by MercuryCrusader

I'm still waiting for that next 2D action platforming Castlevania game. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth was fine, but there's that gigantic gap of time between Bloodlines and Rebirth in the US that needs to be satisfied.
Posted by ashogo

Seems kind of like a lazy port. Could be fun in multiplayer though, and those huge zoomed-out maps are pretty cool.

Posted by Dan_CiTi
@PJ said:
" This sucks. I was hoping for a new Castlevania game but get this. Guess this isn't this years Shadow Complex. Its funny because it is a Metroidvania clone. SC is a better Castlevania then Castlevania. "
Not exactly. There are plenty of things SotN did that SC didn't. Don't get me wrong I love SC, but still. 
Posted by Apathylad
@JJOR64 said:
" Only 6 levels?  Bummer.     :( "
Giantbomb's wiki says something about DLC being planned. I'm curious about how that'll work. 
Posted by Soren

Well, atleast they got Ayami kojima to re-work the portraits for Jonathan/Charolette, thats about the only interesting part of this game so far.    

Posted by Binbay55

I want to play as Jonathan..
Posted by AnEternalEnigma

What a disappointment. I was totally buying this tomorrow. Not now.

Posted by JJOR64
@Apathylad said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" Only 6 levels?  Bummer.     :( "
Giantbomb's wiki says something about DLC being planned. I'm curious about how that'll work.  "
They said they will add some DLC if the game sells well, which I hope it does.

I'm thinking they would add more levels and possibly more characters.  8bit Simon Belmont would be awesome.
Posted by lightsoda

Looks like SOTN, only without the exploration and more mp-focused. 

Obviously Ryan hasn't played a whole lot of SOTN, if any at all, those fleamen is one thing you'd remember. Damn pests.

Edited by wolf_blitzer85
@Meltac said:

" I would rather just buy Symphony of the Night "

And how! Of course I played the crap out of SotN on PS1 and XBLA, plus I just finished up Order of Ecclesia on the DS. I am so fucking ready for more Castlevania!

Yet after watching this I feel slightly disappointed the went with the MP focus. Kinda kills the whole point of the game really. Although a proper MP game with people could be incredibly fun.

Edit: I would totally play as Shanoa.
Edited by Max_Hydrogen

I would call that body part: "Tendril".

Posted by Rolyatkcinmai

Wow, I don't think I've ever been less interested in a game. This looks absolutely terrible.

Posted by Vager
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Vager said:
"I was so excited for this game, but it seems like they have no exploration, very few enemy types, small amount of loot and really short chapters."
I have some games that might interest you.  They are called almost every Casltevania game before this. "
Obliviously. Hence why I was so specific on that it lacked. 
As I said in the rest of my post. I was expecting something like Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin single player but now, with coop.
Posted by TripMasterMunky

I was hoping for a full story mode that you just happen to play through on co-op. Seems more like time trials. Still might be a lot of fun though.

Posted by PJ
@Dan_CiTi said:

" @PJ said:

" This sucks. I was hoping for a new Castlevania game but get this. Guess this isn't this years Shadow Complex. Its funny because it is a Metroidvania clone. SC is a better Castlevania then Castlevania. "
Not exactly. There are plenty of things SotN did that SC didn't. Don't get me wrong I love SC, but still.  "
 I was refering to where Castlevania is now. And more specificly Castlevania HD. SotN is better then SC i agree, but its also the last really excelent Castlevania game. The DS games were OK but nothing spectaculer.    
Posted by vinsanity09

I was looking forward to this game, but after reading GamesRadar's review and watching this QL, I'll save my money. I'm still at the beginning of the inverted castle in SOTN so I'll still have my Castlevania fix

Edited by SilverPR

A all lady cast game. hehehehe

But seriously, you did a bonehead comment when you said "Who's Jonnathan Morris?" I tell you why, It's the main character on Portrait of Ruin. That BTW is the partner of Charlotte Aulin that you remember on 1:27, makes me believed this character was in the top list of not memorable ones.

Posted by Chadster
@Pictoben said:
" It's a shocker, but in almost 20 years of being a gamer, I've NEVER played a Castlevania game - is this where I start? "
Play Aria of Sorrow or Dawn of Sorrow (I personally prefer Dawn). Everyone says Symphony of the Night is the best, but honestly it hasn't aged well, especially in comparison with the Sorrow games,
Edited by KinjiroSSD

Alucard is backwards for Dracula.......yeah...... 

Edit: Damnit, posted before Ryan said it. 

Posted by vinsanity09
@Vager said:
" I want a big castle that I can map out and explorer with a friend. Not a dungeon crawler with repetitive loot and enemies."
yup, couldn't agree more
Posted by LordCraven

Any word on local multiplayer?
Posted by Eric

I've heard some iffy things...lets see how it is

Posted by Korosuzo
@AnEternalEnigma said:
" What a disappointment. I was totally buying this tomorrow. Not now. "
Unfortunately same for me.  I'm upset, I was hoping for much more as I love the Castlevania series.
Posted by Optimus

I can't wait to try this game out! 

Posted by garc4475

the only good game to this years summer of arcaade

Posted by Optimus
@garc4475 said:
" the only good game to this years summer of arcaade "
BUT WHAT ABOUT.....ah, nm, I see what you're doing there. ;)
Posted by wfolse1

Man, this is SOOO not what I want from a download-able Castlevania game.  

• 404 results