66 Comments
  • 66 results
Posted by SpicyRichter

And they said PC gaming was dead...

Posted by c1337us

It wasn't that long ago that I had never even heard of the series and now 4 is coming. I thought 3 was just out?

Posted by knightlyknave

It looks just like 3. . .

Posted by mr_shoeless
@Jimbo said:
" I haven't had time to play Tropico 3 yet!  Slow down, Kalypso. "
Edited by BounceDK

ew twitter and facebook in a pc game? this world has gone to shit.

Posted by Bouke

I don't know; i love Tropico 3 but getting a sequal within a year from now seems pretty soon. 
Posted by Firrae

I just bought # 3... :(

Posted by Echidona

I thought I wanted to get Tropico 3, but after reading this, I may just wait until 4 comes out. C:

Posted by FalconCritical

Just got Absolute Power, the next game coming out in around a year is good timing for me.

Posted by Knucklesthegreat

looks pretty good. nice graphics too. :)
Posted by onecynicmedic

Surprisingly, I enjoyed Tropico 3 for the console; hope it's announced for 360.

Posted by MasterTom

looks good... hope it's gonna be an XBLA release... 15 bones... yummy :)     

Posted by mcj

Wait, can we use a grapple claw in this?

Posted by lilasthmaticninja

awesome

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

In the words of Juanito, this is LOO-KING GOOD.

Posted by Cwaff

I should play more Tropico 3...

Posted by ROBdaMOB

yea i bought tropico 3 of steam cuz i enjoyed the demo then played the game maybe 4 times and got bored

Posted by Branthog

I enjoy Tropico, but the third one only just came out. I have said this a million times on GiantBomb -- STOP TURNING EVERY FRANCHISE INTO A FUCKING ANNUAL-ISH RELEASE.

Posted by Otzlowe

Tropico 3, now with moar colors! 

Seriously though, I'm awful at these games.

Posted by Sinkwater

I just hope the construction workers actually build shit quicker.  I'd have 2 construction buildings filled with workers and could only get 2 construction workers at a time on a building.  Quite annoying when you are trying to build a tourist trap area on the other side of an island.

Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking

This seems like it could be cool. Having said that I did find the last one to get a little slow at times with nothing happening for stretches. Hopefully they can address that.

Posted by Hitchenson

May I build statues and ignore the needs and desires of my citizens?  

I AM GOOD EL PRESIDENTE.

Edited by PenguinDust

It feels like it hasn't been that long since Tropico 3.  And while it might actually be 2 years between games, for this type of game, that still feels kind of soon.  There were 5 years between Warhammer 40k & W40k 2 and Civilization 4 to 5.  There is still no new Sins of a Solar Empire or Company of Heroes, and it's been a decade between Total War: Shogun titles.  With Tropico 4,  I don't know what they're adding to this to make it that much different than T3 that couldn't be added in an expansion pack.  I'm not saying it's a "money grab", certainly not with this genre, but it does feel a little over exposed to me. 

Posted by AdMordem

might have to touch myself in the dark, and scream the alphabet backwards

Posted by afrofools

Sweet. I still haven't got a pc to play my copy of number three on yet, I better get my ass into gear.

Posted by angelfan91

I wanted to play Tropico 3, but I would have bought it on console, and I heard that's not the way to play tropico.
Posted by zitosilva

I don't know. The third one was fun, but only for a short while. It got repetitive pretty quickly.

Posted by beeryayghost
@Phished0ne said:
" As long as it has more challenges then Tropico 3, i am all cool.    Also , please keep the "Assassinate Juanito" edict from the expansion..that thing was a lifesaver.  "
This.
Posted by BraveToaster

Sweet, I was hooked on Tropico 3.

Posted by MeatSim

I should go play more Tropico 3.

Posted by Phished0ne

As long as it has more challenges then Tropico 3, i am all cool.   

Also , please keep the "Assassinate Juanito" edict from the expansion..that thing was a lifesaver. 

Posted by S0ndor

I'm not into these sorts of games, but damn that water looks absolutely spectacular.

Posted by mm665

Good news for me.I love Tropico series,even second part with pirates.

Posted by AURON570

Sounds awesome

Edited by MrKlorox

Too soon? Or is it that Tropico 3 was using tech that was too old?

Either way, one of these games does not need to exist at this point.

Posted by Buccura

3 was great fun so I'll be looking forward to this one.

Posted by hakooon

Never played any of the Tropico games, but those graphics look amazing!

Posted by Floppypants

Why bother announcing the game if they can't also put out a trailer?

Posted by bwmcmaste

Sounds like more of an expansion of number three, than a new iteration.

Posted by oysteinBrenne

the tropico games are have always been in between aa-aaa so i cant fucking wait!!!!!!!!!

Posted by teh_pwnzorer

Awesome.

Posted by captain_clayman

that looks beautiful 

the graphics remind me of just cause 2

Posted by Animasta

confirmation: El Presidente can ride a hot air balloon

Posted by BaconGames
@Diamond said:
" @Tuffgong said:
What the hell is everyone talking about too soon?
Surprisingly soon for a series like Tropico, anyways. "
Alright, that's fair.  But it sure as hell ain't soon for a video game.
Posted by fallen_elite

Who needs Sim City 5 when we have Tropico? Getting really excited for 4.

Posted by Vorbis

Don't see how 18months is too soon, sounds about right to me. I enjoyed Tropico 3 but not as much as I thought I would, hoping Tropico 4 will fix that. Until then, back to Settlers 7.

Posted by Diamond
@Tuffgong said:
What the hell is everyone talking about too soon?
Surprisingly soon for a series like Tropico, anyways.
Posted by BaconGames

What the hell is everyone talking about too soon?  It came out in October 2009.  The game is slated to come out next year.  According to my math that's at least an 18 month cycle which is pretty standard for what seems like an iterative sequel.

This to me seems like the Tropico game to come out in lieu of people caring about strategy games again.

Posted by warmonked

I hope they don't just slap on new scenarios to Tropico 3. Tropico 3 had some great things going for it, but the UI and some gameplay mechanics need some fix'n.

Posted by Ubiquitous

Wow, that was fast. I played the demo for Tropico 3 and while it was fairly decent, it didn't make me want any more Tropico than I got. This seems too soon, and with too little content to really peak my interest.

• 66 results