175 Comments
  • 175 results
Posted by Milkman

Also, Vinny's "This is not Tom Skerritt" also reminded me.

Posted by patrick

No flight game is safe from Giant Bomb.

Posted by MisterMouse

highway to the danger zone!!!

Posted by Deusoma

"Teleport" is an especially shitty pilot callsign.

Posted by oddjob

Air Dolphin

Posted by fillmoejoe

"Thief" is pretty crappy.

Posted by TekZero

I'll tell you my objective.  You take a nice woman out, buy her dinner and she won't put out. 

Wrong 80's movie?

Posted by mrsmiley

good lord this looks soooooooo bad haha

Posted by AlKusanagi

"You can be my air dolphin anytime."

Pure poetry.

Edited by CaptainFish
Posted by Pop

nice, I guess you still forgot to mention they released this game because Top Gun was released on Blueray.

Posted by rottendevice

Air Dolphin
Posted by Cazamalos

Vinny co-hosting a quick look = instant top tier quick look

Posted by Thevamp25
@Milkman: YES!
Posted by Box3ru13

Vinny and Ryan better call Kenny Loggins because they are in the DANGA ZONE!  

Love Archer and I love this QL. Great way to start my day. 

Posted by 234r2we232

Just skip to 29:00... :D

Posted by kerikxi

DANGER ZOOOOONE!

Posted by Bones8677

I immediately began playing Danger Zone after watching this quick look. ^_^

Posted by radioactivez0r

I just can't believe they would not get the rights to use the original song.  That ruins the experience.

Posted by Shibbles

HIGHWAY TOOOO THE DAAAANGERZOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted by dagas

Actually you can hit the canopy while ejecting in certain situations. At least according to the documentary about what's real and what's not on the EU Blu-ray.

Posted by Simulacrum

Vinny in top form as usual.

Posted by YukoAsho

That's absolutely beautiful.  Great money there, Paramount, can't even license the original fucking song.

Edited by Magicallystoopid

Anyone know where I can find a copy of that Scott Pilgrim background image at the beginning?  Like as a computer wallpaper?

Posted by CreativeColossi

This looks bad. D:

Posted by gunslingerNZ

I'm covered with coffee! I want some butts!

Posted by FuzzYLemoN

I was almost interested in this game. Then I noticed that it was $15.

Posted by Xqwzt

Still waitin for a next gen Iron Eagle game.

Posted by Woocifer

Top Gun Anthem was done by Joe Satriani :)

Posted by Whizbang

This game needs climaxing.

Posted by RenMcKormack

sorry ladies and gents there was only one good 80s airplane movie 

learn something  

Posted by EveretteScott

I had a teacher that got mad at me when I laughed how Goose died. She said that's how her brother died. I still find that highly unlikely.

Posted by ProfessorZombie

Not Kenny Loggins.

Posted by jarorick01
@RenMcKormack: Is it bad that, after he knocked the motorcyclist to the ground, I seriously, seriously, thought that if I were in that position, I would just go to town kicking the guys junk?
Posted by eccentrix

CaptFrost, ho!

Posted by Thompson820

More like Captain Jack Frost! Aww snap.

Awesome QL.

Posted by XivSpew
@EveretteScott said:
" I had a teacher that got mad at me when I laughed how Goose died. She said that's how her brother died. I still find that highly unlikely. "

My great-uncle died the same way, back in the 50s when ejection seats were still in their relative infacy.  It's rare as hell, and nowadays they are designed to perform both the canopy and seat ejection with a single action.  Despite those safeguards, there's always been a risk of injury/death from compression of the vertebrae, due to the sudden force of shooting out of the plane.
Edited by generalen

"It's not gonna play during this"  
"No?" 
"No"
*DUH-DUH-DUN- DUH* 

Now that's just classic. 

@Woocifer said:

" Top Gun Anthem was done by Joe Satriani :) "
It was not actually, it's done by Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens. It's even in the FAQ on Satch' official site (question 12). Mislabeling back in the Napster and Kazaa days is most likely the origin for this commonly made mistake.
Posted by EveretteScott
@XivSpew said:
" @EveretteScott said:
" I had a teacher that got mad at me when I laughed how Goose died. She said that's how her brother died. I still find that highly unlikely. "
 My great-uncle died the same way, back in the 50s when ejection seats were still in their relative infacy.  It's rare as hell, and nowadays they are designed to perform both the canopy and seat ejection with a single action.  Despite those safeguards, there's always been a risk of injury/death from compression of the vertebrae, due to the sudden force of shooting out of the plane. "
This wasn't back in the 50's. I understand it's possible though, I just don't believe her.
Posted by TepidShark

Disappointed no Take My Breath Away.

Posted by cooljammer00

This game is not taking my breath away.

Posted by paulosaurus

I want some butts!!!

Posted by XxXGenesisXxX

lmao that first lvl wasnt anything just flying and some guy named ivan.

Posted by buzz_clik

"Air dolphin" - Christ, I love the bizarre ways that Vinny's brain can work. I also love the way that same brain never tells his mouth it's not a good idea to blurt those thoughts out.

Posted by Shibbles

OH GOD DANGER ZONE IS STILL SO GOOD OH MAN OHHHHHH

Posted by Ghostiet
@generalen said:
" @Woocifer said:
" Top Gun Anthem was done by Joe Satriani :) "
It was not actually, it's done by Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens. It's even in the FAQ on Satch' official site (question 12). Mislabeling back in the Napster and Kazaa days is most likely the origin for this commonly made mistake.
"

At least it's not as egregious as labeling "Don't Worry Be Happy" as a Bob Marley song. Shit, some of his lame fans still think it's his.
Posted by hollitz

I feel like the "I want some butts" line was glossed over.

Posted by Amethyst
@buzz_clik said:
" "Air dolphin" - Christ, I love the bizarre ways that Vinny's brain can work. I also love the way that same brain never tells his mouth it's not a good idea to blurt those thoughts out. "
Inspiration for random Photoshop jobs, that man. :)
Edited by Capum15
@Donos said:

" For $15 you can buy Ace Combat 6, and just quote Top Gun over it. I deem that to be a SUPERIOR ALTERNATIVE. "

For extra awesome, find someway to get Danger Zone onto your PS3/360, pick the F-14, and play a level.

I did it myself on my second run of AC6, and it was great.

Edit: Also, "Air Dolphin" was hilarious, you're awesome Vinny.
Posted by Yoghurt

The world's most expensive gay manifesto ever (wrongly called "a movie") gets it's second game which is basicly the first one with mediocre graphics and without landing on the carrier? I'd say "I'm bailing out". Hope I won't hit the canopy.

• 175 results