143 Comments
  • 143 results
Posted by Ryan

Thursday Night Throwdown gets dissonant this week with Monday Night Combat, the recent surprise Xbox Live Arcade hit that has been lazily--and fairly accurately--described as a mashup of Defense of the Ancients and Team Fortress 2. Apparently we picked the right game this week, as our friends list has been full up since Monday! If you didn't make the cut, our condolences, though you can still watch as we buy turrets, gun down annoying mascots, and show you the moneyball on our live video stream! If you'd like to crack wise with other like-minded Giant Bomb users, feel free to hop on over to the Official Giant Bomb Justin.tv Channel.

UPDATE:  Thursday's Monday Night is over! Thanks to everyone who watched and played, and if you missed it, peep the archived version below.

Staff
Edited by ebritt

if only this was a video 

edit: omg it works anyway!!!

Posted by Arker101

Whoo hoo!
Posted by Mystyr_E

even though the game was getting on my nerves this morning, I'll give this a whirl

Posted by Raymayne

WOO I'm on the friends list, hope I get to play :P

Posted by reddin

Alright, second time in a row I'm actually able to watch this live! And this time it's a game I actually care about.

Posted by Dr_VonBoogie

Thursday Night Combat!

Posted by Daveyo520

EX-CITE

Posted by EvilMuffin

This is going to be a fun one. :)

Posted by RAGEosaurus
@Raymayne said:
" WOO I'm on the friends list, hope I get to play :P "
me too!  *high five*
Posted by Dinkmers

On the friends list too, can't wait!

Posted by rottendeadite

I like the looks of this game, but I'm just not sure I'll be able to put down TF2 long enough to really give it a fair shake.

Posted by TheYear20XX

I got on the friends list but my gold decided to run out yesterday so I most likely won't be able to join you guys. I'll still tune in though!

Posted by Sovereign13

I have high hopes for this weeks TNT.

Posted by AngryMrWiggles

Guys please do a SC2 TNT!! :D

Posted by Spunkrake

Gentlemen!

I'm on the friends list, I think, for this game, but this is my first TNT, so I'm not sure how it all works.  Anyone care to explain for me?  One thousand thanks.

Edited by Redbullet685
@Spunkrake said:
" Gentlemen!  I'm on the friends list, I think, for this game, but this is my first TNT, so I'm not sure how it all works.  Anyone care to explain for me?  One thousand thanks. "
Watch the livestream, and they will end up inviting you to a few matches.

Cant wait to bust a cap in Ryan, or whoever will be playing.
Posted by cap123
@AngryMrWiggles:  they already did one! you can check it out in the justin.tv channel archives.
Edited by MeatSim

Are you ready for some combat!!?

Posted by Pinmonkey

I done stabbed Norm in TF2 a bunch, now I'm gonna stab me  some Giant Bomb crew.

Posted by ch13696

The next TNT should definitely be Fat Princess.

Edited by LiquidPenguins

Full size: 
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54061/gbtnt.jpg 

Posted by Bolthor

This should be good.

Posted by Spunkrake
@LiquidPenguins: 

"Thanks, I guess."

That's fantastic! 
Posted by Ursus_Veritas

I'm on the list, I can't wait! I want to mow down the Bomb crew in hail of bullets. Virtual bullets, that is.

I'll be the assault punting you guys off the edge of the map with my charge... until an assassin backstabs me D=

Posted by MajorToms
@LiquidPenguins said:
" Full size: 
"
lololol
Posted by Whizbang

This TNC TNT should be pretty good.

Posted by ImperiousRix

I actually managed to get on the list.  Can't wait to get in on the action! 
I'll probably jump on the game in about a half-hour just to get into my rhythm (no... I'm not any good at the game, but I'd still like to do relatively well!)

Posted by Thule

I know almost nothing about this game, but I guess I'm gonna find out soon.

Posted by leftzero101

hey giantbomb im on the list but im banned from live 2day so can u take me off. GT leftzero101 ancan u add my friend amigosniped for my place please
Posted by LordXavierBritish

Damn, I tried to get in on this like ten separate times. 

Oh well, at least this will be a good one to watch.

Posted by SgtMcBadass

looks like we got a scout photobombing your banner dave.  

Nice

Posted by zaglis

The banner rocks.

Posted by fedorajay

New class 'Scout' confirmed. Can't wait for this to go live. Thursdays are always TNT night.

Posted by BraveToaster

I hope I can get a match in with you guys.

Posted by dantheman1515

The friends list was full within like 30 minutes of I love Mondays. So I can't play.... :(

Posted by Creamypies

So bummed out that their friends list filled up so damn quickly. Really would've liked to get into a game with 'em.

Posted by ch3burashka
@fedorajay said:
" New class 'Scout' confirmed. Can't wait for this to go live. Thursdays are always TNT night. "
Demoman is pissed that Giant Bomb stole the thunder from his own Thursday TNT Nights.
Posted by TaliciaDragonsong

Loved the scout behind the sniper xD

Fun!

Posted by fedorajay
@LiquidPenguins said:
" Full size: 
"
In the words of Ryan: "Perfect"
Posted by Slayeric

I'm on the friends list as well. This is gonna be rad.

Posted by hazzard4123

Scout in the banner made me lol

Posted by CandleJakk

I'm not a huge fan of TF2 (don't get me wrong, it's good fun, but it doesn't quite click with me), so I've kept away from MNC - this may sway my mind one way or the other.

Posted by Pop

lawl at the scout xD.

Posted by ArrenDusk

Oh yeah.

Posted by BeardyDuck

Good Luck Have Kessler.

Posted by BlackMantis

I managed to sneak into the friends list at the last minute because a few people dropped out. I think I'm going to enjoy this TNT.

Posted by Theavy

You are 43 seconds late

My fish is sick!

Posted by Aas

Is it up for anyone yet?

Posted by Krenor

I wonder if they are having some problems

• 143 results