Log in or sign up to comment
153 Comments
  • 153 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Posted by GetEveryone

Ok, I haven't been interested at all in Halo since number 2 really, but this looks really great so far. 
 
I actually caught this on tv a week back.

Posted by buckybit
@ez123 said:
" @buckybit: My most anticipated 2011 game is "Check Out This New Trailer" "
haha - win! :)
Posted by Pandasaurus

doesn't this remind you of the 1984 apple commercial? am i the only one who sees the resemblance? am i in going insane?  

Posted by Capum15

I downloaded this onto my 360 a week or so ago and proceeded to watch it around five times. It's great.

Posted by JeanLuc

Cool trailer. I could honestly watch a whole movie in this style. It would definitely be different then most video game movies (or movies in general).

Posted by selbie

Spoilers: The humans win!

Posted by PenguinDust

Nicely done trailer, but at this point I don't care to see prerendered stuff for the game.  In game footage only is what I'm interested in.

Posted by Trifork89
@selbie said:
"Spoilers: The humans win! "


Actually they lose control of reach and the entire colony is destroyed so it's more like they lose.
Posted by Nentisys

Fuckin' cool.

Posted by CaptainTightPants

Thats actually a pretty dam good trailer, looking forward to the inevitable ending in reach.

Posted by Drace

I don't think they've made a bad Halo commercial. They routinely kill. I'm far more interested in checking Reach out than I was for 3.

Posted by Cramsy

I like Halo, and I'll buy Reach.

Posted by blacklab

*not actual gameplay

Posted by Sgtpierceface
@Pop: She loses her arm, and this is not mentioned in the books.  People just speculated about what happened and Bungie said they were right.
Posted by HydraHam

Halo reach is the first halo game i have been excited for since halo 1, probably because it's the first game since halo 1 to make actual gameplay changes that effect the game play and not just add new weapons, im loving the jet pack and stalker and all that jazz, this game actually might get me back into console shooters.

Posted by Agent47CSim2

Good god this has been out about a week already.

Posted by Agent47CSim2
@VoodooTerror said:
" @Hashbrowns said:
" @MAST said:
"Love how the best thing about Halo games has been these real life marketing videos they do. The actual look of Halo in-game, and the gameplay has always been pretty antiquated, but these trailers are awesome. Maybe if they actually gave the game this much TLC, it would actually be... You know... Good."
Yeah, I mean vibrant colors?  Who needs that?  Didn't Bungie get the memo that all games are to be desaturated or sepia tone?    A robust physics engine?  Bah,all you need are a few scripted explosions to give the appearance of chaos.  Dynamic AI?  Everyone knows all you need are endlessly spawning enemies. Drivable vehicles and sandbox combat?  Let's just stick with on-rails vehicle set-pieces and linear corridors, thanks.  Halo is just so generic.  You don't see Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor doing this tired sci-fi shooter thing any more.  They're all about being UNIQUE. Yeah, and why would the guys want to talk about Halo on the bombcast when there are such ground-breaking games like Starcraft and Mortal Kombat to get excited about?  I mean that's the future, right THERE!  How could Jeff get excited about the changes in Forge or matchmaking or Bungie.net functionality? I mean it's not like you can SHOOT DOWN UAVs or anything, you know.... exciting like that. I just hit my snotty-retort quota for the week in one post.  I'm sorry, but I had to let off some steam.  Don't take any of this too personally.  In fact, I really like CoD and Battlefield.  People who seem to despise Halo always come across as someone who has never actually played it.  "
you win 5 internets "
Exactly, idiots spouting bullshit need to be put in their place.
Posted by Mordi
@VoodooTerror said:
" @Hashbrowns said:
" @MAST said:
"Love how the best thing about Halo games has been these real life marketing videos they do. The actual look of Halo in-game, and the gameplay has always been pretty antiquated, but these trailers are awesome. Maybe if they actually gave the game this much TLC, it would actually be... You know... Good."
Yeah, I mean vibrant colors?  Who needs that?  Didn't Bungie get the memo that all games are to be desaturated or sepia tone?    A robust physics engine?  Bah,all you need are a few scripted explosions to give the appearance of chaos.  Dynamic AI?  Everyone knows all you need are endlessly spawning enemies. Drivable vehicles and sandbox combat?  Let's just stick with on-rails vehicle set-pieces and linear corridors, thanks.  Halo is just so generic.  You don't see Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor doing this tired sci-fi shooter thing any more.  They're all about being UNIQUE. Yeah, and why would the guys want to talk about Halo on the bombcast when there are such ground-breaking games like Starcraft and Mortal Kombat to get excited about?  I mean that's the future, right THERE!  How could Jeff get excited about the changes in Forge or matchmaking or Bungie.net functionality? I mean it's not like you can SHOOT DOWN UAVs or anything, you know.... exciting like that. I just hit my snotty-retort quota for the week in one post.  I'm sorry, but I had to let off some steam.  Don't take any of this too personally.  In fact, I really like CoD and Battlefield.  People who seem to despise Halo always come across as someone who has never actually played it.  "
you win 5 internets "
For Hasbrowns: 
 
while(true) 
{ internet++; }
Posted by Andheez

I always thought the best thing about Halo was...the HALO.  once they stopped using it it went down hill.

Posted by eccentrix

I wish the gameplay was ever as epic as the promotional material.

Posted by GoodKn1ght

Bungie your trailers are one of the best. I love halo too but regardless of my biased, i think people can agree they are pretty good.

Posted by JBrighty

so this last guy took the bomb and blew this big aircraft in less than... 2mins? cmon flyin to the ship alone would take more than a minute, then he infiltrates and stil has the time time to throw it and then fly away ?.. ridiculous

Posted by nekoNari
@GoodKn1ght:  I like them more than the games themselves that I want to see the thing in feature-length film... But I'm still good with District 9.
Posted by Bollard

I just clicked on this link... And then realised it would be the Hope trailer I saw on bungie.net like 4 days ago.

Edited by Gizmo

This late, what is the point in even posting this video?

Posted by Piranesi

Say what you like about the games but they certainly make damn good trailers. 
 
Posted by zepp

I was like meh during the first part, but then the music kicked in and I got chills. That dramatic music coupled with a act of heroism, it get's me ever time!!!

Posted by Blueman

Another awesome trailer from Bungie. Still can't get me interested in their games though.

Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n
@Gizmo said:
" This late, what is the point in even posting this video? "
stfu..... god damn people....
Posted by AddyMac

Nuclear football indeed.

Posted by Milpool

sigh, i cant wait until games actually look and play like this

Posted by Malakhii

Will this game actually be emotionally moving, like the tone the st in the trailer? I don't know, but I'm pretty pumped to get my hands on it, it's been worse because I missed the beta. 

Posted by edge426

looks awsome

Posted by lumpkin

Darn got excited because I saw "Battlefield", until I realized it was Halo Reach.  
 
Halo 1 on LAN or XBConnect still hasn't been topped. Despite the outrageous lag.  <--- words of a lunatic

Posted by Irvandus

That was very moody for a halo trailer.

Online
Posted by SHADOWINFINITE

I've got to get me some of that "Spartan" armor.

Posted by thai_jedi
@nekoNari said:
" @GoodKn1ght:  I like them more than the games themselves that I want to see the thing in feature-length film... But I'm still good with District 9. "
Amen to that *fist bump*
Posted by Vendetta
@JBrighty said:
" so this last guy took the bomb and blew this big aircraft in less than... 2mins? cmon flyin to the ship alone would take more than a minute, then he infiltrates and stil has the time time to throw it and then fly away ?.. ridiculous "
You realize Halo is a series about a group of planet-sized rings that, when activated, exterminate all sentient life in the galaxy, right?
Posted by Grilledcheez

Bungie still makes the best trailers

Posted by Lydian_Sel

Bungie is always consistent with the quality of their Halo promotion, this is just another great trailer lovingly produced for their product.

Posted by BionicMonster
@JBrighty said:
" so this last guy took the bomb and blew this big aircraft in less than... 2mins? cmon flyin to the ship alone would take more than a minute, then he infiltrates and stil has the time time to throw it and then fly away ?.. ridiculous "
You do realize this is going to air on TV right. theres certain time constraints for TV ads.
Posted by Tebbit

How pretentious.

Posted by supalink

Run that football!

Posted by natetodamax
@Branthog said:
" Kind of hard to take any of this shit even remotely seriously, when their bad guys are basically carton characters that make goofy noises to entertain children. "
That's what I never liked about past games. I heard that the Covenent in Reach won't speak English, so I guess if that's true they won't be as friggin' annoying. Or maybe such a thing would make them more obnoxious. I don't know.
Online
Posted by Origina1Penguin
@BionicMonster said:

" @JBrighty said:

" so this last guy took the bomb and blew this big aircraft in less than... 2mins? cmon flyin to the ship alone would take more than a minute, then he infiltrates and stil has the time time to throw it and then fly away ?.. ridiculous "
You do realize this is going to air on TV right. theres certain time constraints for TV ads. "
He's referring to the countdown timer on the bomb, not the length of the video.  
Posted by Irishjohn
@Vendetta said:
" @JBrighty said:
" so this last guy took the bomb and blew this big aircraft in less than... 2mins? cmon flyin to the ship alone would take more than a minute, then he infiltrates and stil has the time time to throw it and then fly away ?.. ridiculous "
You realize Halo is a series about a group of planet-sized rings that, when activated, exterminate all sentient life in the galaxy, right? "
This made me laugh. Indeed. Maybe you just don't get it. All that stuff with the planet-sized rings MAKES SENSE, man.
Posted by YUNNINGMOOSE

i was obessed with this vid for a week. that kind of sacrifice just gives me the chills
Posted by Odinez
@Irishjohn said:
" @Vendetta said:
" @JBrighty said:
" so this last guy took the bomb and blew this big aircraft in less than... 2mins? cmon flyin to the ship alone would take more than a minute, then he infiltrates and stil has the time time to throw it and then fly away ?.. ridiculous "
You realize Halo is a series about a group of planet-sized rings that, when activated, exterminate all sentient life in the galaxy, right? "
This made me laugh. Indeed. Maybe you just don't get it. All that stuff with the planet-sized rings MAKES SENSE, man. "
He doesn't get away. He dies in that ship.
Posted by Brother_PipPop

Love or a really good trailer? 

  • 153 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4