206 Comments
Posted by drag

Someone needs to code better ... it says 113rd and 112nd moving up the ranks. Awful. 

Posted by Ravey

Boxing is clearly a rip off of Snake Boxer 5!

Posted by AlwaysBeClothing

new, live live show promos!

Game room will probably be terrible

Posted by hagridore
More better games wouldn't make up for Game Room being a buggy mess. BURR-DUHH!
Posted by JJOR64

Poor Game Room.     :_(                

Posted by Cybexx

I enjoy these quick looks each week but man the downward decline of Game Room keeps going and it is kind of depressing. Like I mentioned a couple weeks ago I don't think there is going to be anything to change this fate since Game Room needs newer games / games from more publishers but they obviously don't have the deals signed for that stuff and they have not done well enough with their current stuff to sign new deals, so they are pretty much doomed.

Posted by TehJames

It's almost to the point that you guys could stop doing Game room videos..

Posted by Terjay

FIGHT! WIN A GAME!

Posted by fisk0

No matter how bad you feel for keeping doing the game room, please keep on doing it - you're documenting the historical rise and downfall of this service, please don't stop until Microsoft pulls the plug.

Posted by El_Derrico
@528seven said:
" Talking about not doing Game Room anymore? No! You CANNOT stop doing Game Room. If you stop covering this shit and everyone forgets about Game Room and how bad it is, Microsoft wins. And so do the terrorists.  Do you want the terrorists to win, Jeff? "
Think of the children, Jeff! Will anyone think of the children?!
Posted by scarace360

Game room how you have fallin so fast so far.

Posted by xync4

hey I just got game room & like nine packs of games are totally free on the PC side 
I didn't even see any available for purchase??

Posted by soupbones

Put a bullet in Game Room???! Don't even think about it. Fight the good fight Jeff!

I vote GB should put together a crack team of hard hitting investigators to find out what the hell is going on with GameRoom!

I'm not sure what "crack team" means - but it seemed appropriate. 

Posted by Lavos

Jeff is stronger than Game Room. He will survive. He will endure. He is a rock.

Posted by BulletStorm

They only sold 200 copies of that basketball game? What does that tell you? 

About, 199 people made a bad decision.

Posted by HY8RiD

I vote continue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Shibbi

This has basically become an endurance run.

Posted by Vinny_Says

my skill is ultimate Gregory

Posted by hoshinosenshi

TV... and a butterfly?

Concentration knew Persona 4 was going to happen before the idea of Persona even existed, now that's a game.

Posted by Tikicobra

Did anyone notice that the leaderboards (when he was playing Basketball) said "113rd", "112nd" and "111st"?

Posted by xync4

oh... haha... wait... you can DOWNLOAD all the packs for free but to PLAY anything you have to pay... funnyyy!

Edited by Plasticpals

Activision Boxing: 1980
Nintendo Punch-Out!! (original arcade): 1984 
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (NES): 1987

I guess a generational leap in video game terms, but much more than that in terms of actual graphics and game play.

Also, did Konami not know that Basketball wasn't segregated by then?

Posted by Milkman

Jeff screaming out "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!" really just sums up Game Room as a whole.

Posted by FoxMulder

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!!!!  WHY WOULD THEY PUT THIS OUT!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!"  lol such an awesome reaction!!!!!

Posted by YukoAsho

I've been meaning to ask this for a while.

Can't you adjust the sensitivity on the analog stick?

Posted by YukoAsho
@fisk0: There was a rise?
Posted by Brunchies

I hope they keep doing these, its funny to watch the suffering they endure from game room. 

Posted by Nes

GAME ROOM KILL SCREEN COMING UP!

Posted by Max_Hydrogen

I was truly disturbed by this weeks Game Room.

Edited by YukoAsho
@WEGGLES said:

" Don't end the game room.  But I severely agree about the "late 80's hardware"  That's what I was excited for when I heard about Game Room. All the arcade games I saw growing up, but didn't have the quarters to play. Missed opportunity.   Really, who in their right mind wants to play 2600 games? "

There's so much you could add.

• ColecoVision/Coleco ADAM
  • Commadore 64
  • Amiga
  • PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16
  • NES*
  • SNES*
  • Genesis
  • Master System
  • Atari 5200
  • Atari 7800
  • Atari 8-bit
  • CPS1
  • CPS2
  • Neo-Geo AES/MVS 

*Would obviously only be 3rd party games, and you couldn't use the system in the cabinet design, but damn it if I wouldn't like to be able to play Faxanadu and Phalanx again.
Posted by SleepyDoughnut

I think what went horribly wrong was the pricing strategy.

Posted by bones360uk

the boxers look like two penis's and a boob in a race fight!?!?

Posted by fisk0
@YukoAsho said:
" @fisk0: There was a rise? "
It looked quite promising on the first couple of hours after launch.

@YukoAsho said:

" @WEGGLES said:

" Don't end the game room.  But I severely agree about the "late 80's hardware"  That's what I was excited for when I heard about Game Room. All the arcade games I saw growing up, but didn't have the quarters to play. Missed opportunity.   Really, who in their right mind wants to play 2600 games? "

There's so much you could add.

• ColecoVision/Coleco ADAM
  • Commadore 64
  • Amiga
  • PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16
  • NES*
  • SNES*
  • Genesis
  • Master System
  • Atari 5200
  • Atari 7800
  • Atari 8-bit
  • CPS1
  • CPS2
  • Neo-Geo AES/MVS 

*Would obviously only be 3rd party games, and you couldn't use the system in the cabinet design, but damn it if I wouldn't like to be able to play Faxanadu and Phalanx again. "
Atari 2600 doesn't make sense in a cabinet design either, that didn't stop them.

I think it would be awesome if they put a Amiga keyboard in the cabinet or anything like that.

I guess it's too late for them to save Game Room though.

Posted by CaLe

Game Room needs to be taken out back.. and you know.. yeah.

Posted by Boson

Another day another game room!!!!
Edited by YukoAsho
@fisk0:  Well, the reason you couldn't use the SNES and NES would be because of Nintendo.  But at least that would force them to make decent fucking cabinet art.  At least hopefully.  They go the Konami arcade cabinet route and I'm crying.

And I knew it was going to crap out from the beginning when we learned that games that we already had via XBLA would be in the Game Room and that you'd have to pay extra.  That was SUPER fishy.
Posted by Gearhead

Watching these Game Room Videos each week makes me feel bad about myself. I can't imagine how Jeff feels.

Posted by pickassoreborn

Either Game Room needs awesome new (more modern) arcades or be put out of its misery. It's heart-breaking comparing recent Game Room QLs to the first one where there was genuine excitement about what could be.

Posted by ZombiePie

They should find a way to get Midway arcade games on Game Room. Because that means Sinistar would be on Game Room...

Posted by YukoAsho
@pickassoreborn said:

" Either Game Room needs awesome new (more modern) arcades or be put out of its misery. It's heart-breaking comparing recent Game Room QLs to the first one where there was genuine excitement about what could be. "

For those who have forgotten, here's the first quick look.  Listen to Jeff and Co. back then.

Then re-watch the current one.  It's depressing the way the guys are, and what Game Room could have been.
Posted by sublime90

i under stand you'll never see a nintendo game in gameroom but damn, get something besides 2600 games. sega will sell everything they have. get some old arcade classics in here. this shit is corny the way it is and i wouldnt play those games for free. this is why i havent set a virtual foot in the game room.

Posted by WickedCobra03

Brad, are you understanding what you have said?  Microsoft made $600 off of one game where they probably have put in nowhere near that much money to acquiring and releasing this game.

Anyways, I always love these.  It is a trip down memory lane and if memory lane doesn't quite hold up, there is the comedy to make up for that!

Posted by Mars_Cleric
@Tikicobra said:
"Did anyone notice that the leaderboards (when he was playing Basketball) said "113rd", "112nd" and "111st"? "

I noticed that too 
but seeing how the rest of game room turned out I wasn't surprised 
I'm an aeroplane :D
Posted by YukoAsho
@sublime90 said:
" i under stand you'll never see a nintendo game in gameroom but damn, get something besides 2600 games. sega will sell everything they have. get some old arcade classics in here. this shit is corny the way it is and i wouldnt play those games for free. this is why i havent set a virtual foot in the game room. "
But you could still get 3rd party NES and SNES games!  It's not that hard!  Rad Racer!  Faxanadu!  Biometal!  God, there's so much you could do!
Posted by Kajaah117
@CaLe said:
" Game Room needs to be taken out back.. and you know.. yeah. "
I'll do it, ma. Yeller's my dog.
Posted by ArbitraryWater

I would say that we have reached the bottom of the barrel, but then again, we reached it like 2 months ago.

Posted by durden77

I will never stop supporting Game Room. 

That said, I haven't bought a new game in weeks.  I just don't have the money to waste on this bullshit they've been putting out. 

If I could do what Jeff does I would. Poor....poor game room, struggling to breathe.

Posted by Kontrapunkt

"Why would you do this?" - Jeff Gerstmann. Pretty sure that sums up Game Room now.

Posted by Irvandus

Arcade room is the old yeller of xbox live.

Posted by Steve_Ramirez

Laughed so hard during the super basketball segment.