242 Comments
Posted by Scotto

I hope they keep Ryan's loathing of the Game Room segments as a regular theme through these videos every week, haha.  That bait and switch was awesome, even though I'm guessing it was scripted. 

- Scott

Posted by TepidShark
@beeryayghost:  It is ok, I like Sonic Adventure too. Many people do.

Also, nice trick to get Ryan into a Game Room Quick Look. Now he will be on edge wondering if he is actually going to be quicklooking the game they tell him is going to or if it is a trick to get him in on another Game Room one.
Posted by Seraphim84

We've resorted to deception.  This is fantastic

Posted by Max_Power_

This was awesome! Please keep making these gameroom QLs. I take some kind of perverse pleasure in seeing this failed project go down a steeper and steeper hill... and not to forget, experiencing Ryans diminishing patience for the whole concept

Posted by masonl87@gmail.com

I completely LOST IT at the end. Stab my ears! Dull three of my five senses. Tails' voice, AUGH!!

Posted by Popogeejo

I humbly request weekly updates of Sonic Adventure. Not like an Endurance Run but something like a series of quick looks at each characters games and other notable shit.

Posted by Authun

What The Fuck. I never played Sonic Adventure so I never realised that the first level of sonic 2006 is basically the SAME FUCKING LEVEL as the first level of Adventure. Was that meant to be some fucked up 'Oh look how far we've come' goddamn tribute? This is a question I've asked myself (much like I'm sure many others have done) so often about Sonic Team: What the fuck? Do they even, or have they ever, realised what. they. are. doing. 

I guess the answer is basically fuck no because they're still making more sonic, with the same general style (adding shit like werehog or vehicles does not count), still inexplicably in human inhabited worlds. I wish, I pray to god that out there, some day, there will be a tell-all expose of how this all came about. I'm not a huge sonic fan, I only saw the terror that is Sonic 2006 because of a wonderfully painful and masochistic Let's Play, but what happened to Sonic must surely the most downright baffling and mind-nergling thing in the history of gaming. I want to know.

Argh, I need to stop sperging about this but honestly, just what.

Posted by AgentMOO

Haha, the intro was great. I'm sad to see the number of releases trickling down to the probable demise of the platform. I love watching these videos each week

Posted by DeBurgo

wait isn't there already a sonic adventure QL on this site 

wtf

Posted by NickLott

This should probably be labeled Quick Look Game Room/Sonic Adventure. 

Posted by Scarabus

Oh god I hate Sonic

Posted by Pet_Assassin

Man, the HD stuff looks great!

Posted by is343

I totally tricked you.. yeaHAYA!

Edited by FokisMoney
@PsEG said:

" Best opening for a Game Room Quick Look yet. "

Absolutely hilarious, i almost felt bad that he got tricked into that, not sure which was funnier the trick intro or accidently purchasing sonic adventure
Posted by TeflonBilly

The song from the intro to Sonic Adventure always reminded me of Alice In Chains

Posted by MooseyMcMan
@FokisMoney said:
" @PsEG said:
" Best opening for a Game Room Quick Look yet. "
Absolutely hilarious, i almost felt bad that he got tricked into that, not which was funnier the trick intro or accidently purchasing sonic adventure "
One of the best opening for GiantBomb videos ever!
Posted by Pakorn

I keep waiting for Jeff to admit that he totally had fun on that first stage. "Might as well play to the end since I'm so far already," indeed.

Posted by Soap

Fuck me that is a bad game

Edited by marrec

So, what's up with the revisionist history on Sonic Adventure? This was considered a must own for Dreamcast and then suddenly one day everyone wakes up and blames Sonic Adventure on the games that follow?

Posted by CyleMoore

Best game room ever!

Posted by Majkiboy

Sonic adventure battle 2, the remake for GC vas good :)

Posted by Bartman3010

So nice of Sega to release a pretty cut-and-dry port of the PC version. Thats our promise of Dreamcast games, folks. No PC version? No digital download release.  

Hell, they could release the PC version of Sonic Adventure at the same time, but they wont. As far as Sega goes, it doesnt even exist.

Posted by Astras
@Superfriend said:
" Holy Shit! First, Jeff tricked Ryan into another Gameroom QL- then he tricked himself into buying Sonic Adventures.. best QL in a long while.. "
really??? damn theres some insane people on this site.... this was really bad!!!
Posted by Suigyoken

I would pay Jeff and Ryan actual money to dub all of Sonic Adventure like that... maybe in a member exclusive endurance run haha.

Posted by CABBAGES

got sonic yesterday and it seems to be very glitchy like falling through the ground alot and other weird things. 
Dont think it was as glitchy on the dreamcast
Posted by jacobgray

Never in my life did I expect to someday watch a video of someone downloading a Dreamcast game.

Posted by wrathofconn
@Majkiboy: That was a whole new game, Adventure DX was the remake.
Posted by RAGEosaurus

spot the broken avatar 1:13

Posted by Einherjan

I like the noises Ryan makes at the end.

Posted by MisterMouse

Oh hey do you know when the dreamcast games are coming? NEVER 
Oh really I was talking to this guys and he said...                          NEVER 
Oh ah never? but I was talking to this guy and next year he...    NEVER 
Oh hey I wanted to know when you wanted to play Arcade...     NEVER

Edited by AlwaysBeClothing

Intro is funny, games are ACTUALLY GAMES people might enjoy playing.

"Aw yeah, This is happening!" - I totally lost my shit right there.

Posted by Insectecutor

Comparing the sonic adventure on xbla with the one in this quicklook throwback is interesting.. looks like they did a texture upgrade for xbla and changed sonic's model a bit so he's more "current". e.g. he has blue eyelids while chillin at the pool and some shitty phong shading. Why bother?

Posted by Khalen

BOOOOOOOOM

Posted by Deusoma
@DeBurgo said:
" wait isn't there already a sonic adventure QL on this site  wtf "
Yeah, but that was the original game running on a Dreamcast, this is the XBLA version.
Posted by Chibi_Kaji

"Wait... Why did I just buy that game? I hate Sonic Adventure" 

Best line of the quicklook

Edited by Crushed
@Insectecutor said:

" Comparing the sonic adventure on xbla with the one in this quicklook throwback is interesting.. looks like they did a texture upgrade for xbla and changed sonic's model a bit so he's more "current". e.g. he has blue eyelids while chillin at the pool and some shitty phong shading. Why bother? "

It's not the Dreamcast version.

The Sonic Adventure on XBLA is literally the 2003 PC version of Sonic Adventure DX running on an Xbox 360, complete with a PC resolution of 1024x768. They plan to release the REST of DX as 5 dollars of DLC.

Jeff thought he was getting a Dreamcast game on XBLA at least. He was duped twice over.
Posted by WEGGLES

"I'm too blazed sonic"  

lol'd hard

Posted by Tordah

Flak Attack looked pretty sweet, I must admit. Maybe not 240 MS points sweet, but then again, nothing in Game Room is worth that much.

Sonic Adventure just makes me happy I never owned a Dreamcast.

Posted by Insectecutor
@Crushed said:
" @Insectecutor said:

" Comparing the sonic adventure on xbla with the one in this quicklook throwback is interesting.. looks like they did a texture upgrade for xbla and changed sonic's model a bit so he's more "current". e.g. he has blue eyelids while chillin at the pool and some shitty phong shading. Why bother? "

It's not the Dreamcast version.

The Sonic Adventure on XBLA is literally the 2003 PC version of Sonic Adventure DX running on an Xbox 360, complete with a PC resolution of 1024x768. They plan to release the REST of DX as 5 dollars of DLC.   Jeff thought he was getting a Dreamcast game on XBLA at least. He was duped twice over. "
That explains it! Thanks
Posted by Koobz

Ryan should redub the entirety of Sonic Adventure as a new-form Endurance Run.

wahwwwwhaahahwwwwawhawhawhahwhawaaaaaaww

Posted by Cybexx

Well despite only two games this may be the best week of Game Room in months. I mean two games that are actual games and not Intellivision versions of board games and/or worse versions of games already on Game Room. Maybe they are trying to go out on the biggest bang they can muster? If we start getting weeks with two intellivision games though, man...

Posted by snorge

Epic opening!

Posted by Bones8677

That was a nice trick, Jeff. ^_^ 

Posted by Rox360
@marrec said:
" So, what's up with the revisionist history on Sonic Adventure? This was considered a must own for Dreamcast and then suddenly one day everyone wakes up and blames Sonic Adventure on the games that follow? "
I think that happens to a lot of games. Especially revolutionary ones that, at the time, is the raddest thing ever, but after a while it becomes clear that it was only rad because everything was brand new - and because everything was brand new, nothing was polished in the least.

If you look back at history, many of the games that hold up the best now came toward the end of their generation, when controls and graphics had been polished to be the best they could be on that system or that point in time. But the games that got the most buzz were the ones that made it out first, because they were so new and shiny.

Like, I personally think that Mario Bros. sucks. I can't stand playing that game. Revolutionary, yes, but it doesn't hold up well at all. Unless you're already a fan! Oh, and I also feel the exact same way about Mario 64, which I've attempted to enjoy many times but failed each time. That's probably the same thing that plagues Sonic Adventure, with the difference being that Mario games went on to keep getting better all the time, and Sonic games... well, you know.
Posted by Sergotron

Kitten Kaboodle actually doesn't look too bad actually. If I were to ever go back into GameRoom, I might actually snag it up.

Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar

30 minutes of awesomeness.

Posted by Innovacious

Sonic 3D (3D blast to you Americans) was the only non-2D sonic game i somewhat enjoyed.  And i think everyone hated that aswell. And, it was 24bit! The cover made sure i knew that, screw all those other 16bit games on the Mega Drive (genesis)

Posted by chromo89

Gameroom reers its ugly head once again!

Edited by BunkerBuster

Awesome subterfuge there Jeff, keeping the Game Room QL moving AT ALL COSTS!

Also: Somewhere in Redmond a Tech is asking himself "Who the fuck is that one person buying these games!"

Posted by Undeadpool

Oh shit...Dreamcast had GOOD games too...release those, and I'll spend $10 on 'em.