109 Comments
  • 109 results
Posted by Kayrack

buying!

Posted by The_Laughing_Man

Naked snake on the DS. Great.!  

MOMMY I WANT TO PLAY WITH NAKED SNAKE! 

Posted by emtee

I've been looking for an excuse to replay MGS3, now I have one! 3DS can't come soon enough.

Posted by marcTG

wow, looks great

Posted by Pumer

This just sold the 3DS for me.

Posted by lightningstrike14

awesome

Posted by Matt_F606

Getting excited about the 3DS. Also this could be a cool idea.

Posted by KillaMaStA

Im perfectly happy with my good version of mgs3 instead of this crappy one thank you.

Posted by Sooty

They should port Twin Snakes instead, that was much better than 2, 3 and 4.

Posted by DemonStration

I'm glad the best of the PS2 is being brought back on modern consoles. This, God of War collection, Ico/Shadow collection, this is great!

Posted by MichaelBach

3DS looks like it has some great controls and the 3D might be great. Can't wait to get a 3Ds in my hands.

Posted by CyleMoore

I will definitely buys this game.

Posted by Zelnox

I didn’t have a PS2 and my PS3 isn’t backward-compatible, so I guess I could play this one.

Posted by copeland57

Looking forward to this :D

Posted by SamuraiBudgerigar

Rather have a new game, but oh well.

Posted by Hector

Just more awesome new, can't wait to have my hands on a 3DS.

Posted by DaveMagic

NIce.

Posted by manuel_garcia

This thing will probably sell me a 3DS.

Posted by Captainlunchbox

... You're supposed to play Pokemon in short bursts...?

Posted by UsbCable

Fine I'll get a friggin 3DS! Stop announcing all these good games now please, you pissing off my bank account..... You won't like it when it's angry..... It'll mess your shit up is what I'm saying! Like totally....

Posted by Hilbert

How about porting the game over to the ps3?
Posted by FunExplosions

As long as they fix that god damn horrible fucking fixed camera at the last boss battle. Ruined that whole experience for me. Of course, that was before I wrote the entire franchise off as childish and pointless, not offering me anything worthwhile. 

Man... 
I better grab my Purple Flame Shield.

Posted by fenixREVOLUTION

Shocked that it's a straight port, not even with slightly downgraded graphics. Day one most likely.

Posted by Korolev

Yep. I'll be buying this, and I'll pick up a 3DS too - when Nintendo releases an improved, smaller, brighter version of the 3DS one year later.  

Come on. Don't be an early adopter. You know an improved version is in the works, probably right now.

Posted by MDK

Didn't own a PS2 in the last console generation. This is one of those games I was hoping would get a re-release on a new system.

Edited by Shinobe
@Oni: Flash memory is much cheaper then what it used to be. Depending on the actual cart size for 3DS games, I wouldn't be surprise if they had a solution for storage up to 2-4 gb per card. (micro sizing memory obviously will increase cost) Not to mention, Solid State ROM (read-only-memory) probably cost way less then consumer type flash memory. (SS-ROM is what the current DS uses)
Posted by Enigma777

Lame.

Posted by AntoineDiamonds

totally buying any MGS they come out with

Posted by crithon

I'm curious how much will have to be scrapped from the original. No Rumble when fighting the boss,  no Snake VS Monkeys to help train players, and MGS3 is considerably long for hand held gaming compared to Portable Ops and Peace Walker. They seriously need to change a lot of things about the game.... but so far those screen shots look better then the original PS2 and the PSP

Posted by crithon
@Crushed:  I totally agree with that. Make the navigation less clumsey
Posted by Hailinel

How would the fight with The End work in this game?  His boss fight isn't so much a fight as it is a grueling marathon of endurance.

Posted by captain_clayman

they need the controls to be really good, better than the PS2 version at least.

Posted by InfamousBIG
@Brackynews said:
" @InfamousBIG said:
" @Crushed said:
" Wait. Big Boss can't see in 3D. :( "
Just color the eyepatch blue, and wear the red half of the glasses. "
LOL!  "Wow you can see the knife coming right out a....aaauughh!!!!" The only mechanic that comes immediately to my mind is that Snake is in 3D while detected, but flattens to 2D when he's camouflaged.  Will be interesting. "
After you spin Snake around in the Cure screen and go back to the game, he projectile vomits in 3D and it flies at you.
Posted by bizsumpark182

While I'm not interested in playing it on the 3DS I am interested in seeing how well it holds up.

Posted by Gunder

It seems strange to try and port a game that had such a complex control scheme. It was only barely do-able on a PS2 pad, let alone a DS.

Posted by Advertisement

BOSS, WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME BOSS.

Posted by Everyones_A_Critic

Wow, this is really cool.

Posted by Brackynews
@InfamousBIG said:
" @Crushed said:
" Wait. Big Boss can't see in 3D. :( "
Just color the eyepatch blue, and wear the red half of the glasses. "
LOL!  "Wow you can see the knife coming right out a....aaauughh!!!!"
The only mechanic that comes immediately to my mind is that Snake is in 3D while detected, but flattens to 2D when he's camouflaged.  Will be interesting.
Posted by TobyD81

3DS keeps on looking great. I'm honestly looking forward to the SF4 port as well. Even though that's not a perfect port, I'll bet it'll make a great bus ride game.

Posted by Urmean

I would buy MGS3 if it was a Tandy interactive fiction.

Posted by Skytylz

Fuck yes!  The 3ds is going to have a killer line up of games.

Posted by ArbitraryWater

I already own and have finished MGS 3. No amount of 3D wizardry will make me want to play through it again.

Posted by keithfreitag

Yeehaw! This looks pretty sweet! Can't wait!

Posted by Vextroid

Another reason to get a 3DS! Yay. Still wish there was a PC port of sorts...
Posted by Jensonb

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE GAME EVER AND THIS IS MIND-BLOWINGLY AWESOME NEWS! NEVER BEOFRE HAVE I BEEN SO SURE THAT THERE IS A GOD!

Posted by Marvel911

Should be interesting when it comes out.
Posted by Coleslaw893

Yep, I want a 3DS now.

Posted by Wrighteous86

Would be nice if it was a bit more than a straight port, but if the 3D effect is dramatic enough, I might buy it. 

It's good to know they can pretty much do a straight port of a great PS2 game though.

Posted by ZanzibarBreeze

I would rather play the game on consoles, for the reasons given in the article, unless some massive changes are made to the gameplay.

Also, I don't think this game is really worth playing anymore. Here's hoping they fix the idiotic mistakes the game made, no less the gaping plothole that constitutes its narrative. Then it will be truly worth something. At this time, not so much.

Posted by journeys

The story here is not mgs...the story is that they took an existing ps2 game and ported it.  This opens a lot of great games that have not been ported to psp or ps3 now available for the 3ds.  Also gives some idea of the capability of the device.  If they have figured out the controls and keep a good battery life...this could be real fun.

• 109 results