211 Comments
Posted by MeatSim

Gladiator duels Americas national past time.

Posted by seishiro@hotmail.com

Jeff has a very weird idea about where belt buckles are supposed to go.

Posted by Sarumarine

So this is what happens when Vinny uses his new toys for the forces of good? I like it.

Also, Bocce Ball. Word.

Posted by Majkiboy

BOCCE is actually the best of theese! DAMN FUN :D

Posted by blacklab

Ugh, Ryan sweat on the Move again.

Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious

Wow a quick look with editing!

Posted by JoelTGM

nice

Posted by StrikerTheLizard

I want a tiny Ryan in the right hand corner of my desktop.

Posted by myslead
@Ascully said:
" Jeff has really slimmed down, awesome job mate. "
yeah he gave his extra fat to ryan .__.
Posted by AldoTheApache

this loooks like garbage

Posted by Burn1n9m4n

You guys should use the green screen in your QLs more often. Sweet!

Posted by Aeterna

Bocce? Looks an awful lot like  jeux de boules.......

Posted by taugehz

Nicely done quick look, great editing, keep it up.

Posted by TurboMan

for the love of God, can someone please make a Shoulder. Hip. Belt-Buckle. T-Shirt?

Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious

This game needs more music. So much potentially awkward silence.

Posted by Addfwyn

This looks pretty fun, I wouldn't buy a Move for it, but I'd play it at a friend's place or when I have people over.

Posted by PLWolf

A QL of High Velocity Bowling with Move support would be cool too. I need to get a couple controllers and Sports Champions. I just wish there was a bundle like that out there. 2 Move Controllers+Sports Champions for $100. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Posted by Vinny_Says

where's the GIF of Jeff raising the roof and Ryan serving a volleyball?

Posted by Mcfart

i dunno....kinect>move.

Posted by radioactivez0r

I need more eyes to watch the players doing movements and the in-game actions.

Posted by Chris2KLee

Little late boys, the Tested dudes scooped you on this one!

Posted by WolfmanJenkins

After watching this I now demand that all future quick looks of games that require motion controls make use of green screen.

Posted by ZipCrash

This was way better then the Wii quick looks showing the motions, great job Vinny, look forward to more like this!

Posted by rottendevice
@Ascully said:
" Jeff has really slimmed down, awesome job mate. "
I've noticed that as well.  Good for him. 

Also, love Jeff's "Where the hell is Matt?" dance. 
Edited by mnzy

Don't want to be a jerk, but Ryans and Jeffs "healths" are really happy about the release of Kinect and Move.

Posted by anzejk

Yeah, Jeff. You look smaller, man. Great work! I'm sure that now you can't shake the ladies off you, poor man. :P

Posted by theswoosh

Playing in front of a green screen,

Fucking genius if I may say so.

Posted by 2HeadedNinja

Shoulder! ... Side! ... BELT BUCKLE!

Posted by Dannyo35

Great quick look... but at 18 mins ish the hd video goes all pixelated near the bottom of the screen :( happens every time

Posted by Rasgueado

No Jesper for Table Tennis? Hrmm....

Posted by Nilazz

Legendary!!

Posted by Deathpooky

Bocce definitely looks the best.  Gladiator, table tennis and archery look ok.  Volleyball looked pretty bad. 

Overall, just seems like a kind of been there done that thing.  Not going to buy this if I already have a Wii.  And the calibration stuff (same as Kinect) looks like it could have a lot of trouble working in my small apartment. 

Great editing and not acid-tripping use of the green screen.

Posted by Sharpshooter

Oooooooo, Green screen in wide screen on my PC..............screen.  

Posted by Dany
@AldoTheApache said:
" this loooks like garbage "
I disagree, though their is very little artisitic presense, the game looks fun and looks like it works
Posted by Haze

Man those characters are generic soulless. They are like something out an 80s cartoon about the importance of following the group.

Posted by Omurra

still not regretting buying an xbox in anticipation of kinnect, but really cool quicklook.

Edited by RE_Player1
@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

" This game needs more music. So much potentially awkward silence. "

You can put your own music in the game which is much better.  

Also I've played this for about a day and found no issues with it. I think their situation, big stage lights and a green screen behind them, affected the motion sensing. I don't think normal people will have to worry about those factors. 
Posted by SkullcrusherMountain

23 minutes looks like the maximum amount of time I would care to play this game.  Thanks for saving me $150, Giant Bomb!

Posted by get2sammyb

Great game. Cool Quick Look. There's a lot of depth to this game that's been overlooked. The Gold Cup in Table Tennis is rock hard. Really impressive AI.

Posted by jorbear

I've found a new bit of trivia...

Posted by AldoTheApache
@Dany said:
" @AldoTheApache said:
I disagree, though their is very little artisitic presense, the game looks fun and looks like it works "
it looks just as awful as wii sports is after the initial "wow that's neat" period, just without the "wow that's neat" as I have seen it before. I really hope this new motion stuff tries to do something more than the wii did
Posted by kollay

SOWORD FIGHTING.

Posted by fragor87

Great quick look presentation style.

Posted by get2sammyb
@Death_Unicorn said:
" I didn't even know Move already came out. There's almost been no buzz for it. I wonder if it's selling well. "
It's actually sold out in a lot of retailers so it seems to be doing fine. It's a shame Sony aren't pushing it more. I think they're going for word of mouth though.
Posted by niwrA

Great production guys! Big kudos. I have been playing this game a tonne since the European release, and I can strongly recommend it - it  has a LOT of depth, and I like almost all of the sports a lot. I come to this right after playing a lot of Wii Sports Resort the weekend before (as in 15-20 hours), which I can appreciate has a much nicer atmosphere and a lot of variety, but man the depth of the actual gameplay here is just downright amazing and makes this by far my favorite. This game has been hugely underrated by many sites and I can only assume this is because they didn't bother to play long enough to notice what great depth is in here.  

I also played plenty of other Move stuff and I have to say that Sony have done a great job on both the hardware and getting loads of great games to play already at launch.

Posted by DT9k

Man that is one elaborate set up for a quick look

TECHNOLOGY!

Posted by Klaimore
@SkullcrusherMountain: agreed!
Posted by Vorbis

This has changed my mind about motion gaming, now I care because we get to see Jeff and Ryan dance around on a green screen for the QLs.

Posted by get2sammyb
@AldoTheApache said:
" @Dany said:
" @AldoTheApache said:
I disagree, though their is very little artisitic presense, the game looks fun and looks like it works "
it looks just as awful as wii sports is after the initial "wow that's neat" period, just without the "wow that's neat" as I have seen it before. I really hope this new motion stuff tries to do something more than the wii did "
Have you played the game? It's a lot more than a mini-game compilation. Later levels introduce some very challenging AI, each character with unique personality and play-styles. Surprisingly adds a lot of depth to the single-player campaign. Plus, the 3D tracking of the PlayStation Move means you don't have to simply swing your arm to play table tennis; you have to lean in for drop shots, and pull away from the TV to block powerful shots.

Although I do agree; as much as I like tennis/sports games (particularly with the precision demonstrated here with Move), I'd like to see them use that potential elsewhere in more original games. Sorcery looks like a good start.

/leavesb4fanboyaccusations (I just really like this game!)
Posted by ecksearoh2

These Sowii games don't look half bad. Loved that Table Tennis.