Log in or sign up to comment
99 Comments
  • 99 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by Agent47
@eezo: Half Life 2 pssshhhhh get outta here.
Posted by Rewcastle
@eezo said:
" @Riddell said:

"Best Game Ever" is subjective. The same could be said to someone who thinks BC2 is the best game ever. Your logic fails on every level. We don't live in a benevolent society where everything has to be given away for free. And 4 maps, "just skinned weapons and soldiers" would;   A) Take modders more than a week  B) DICE aren't modders, they're game developers with jobs and salaries Do you whine every time someone charges for DLC? I'd be interested to know your thoughts on L4D2 from the oh-so-generous Valve. "
Actually it's not, it's a well known fact that Half Life 2 is the best game ever. And on another note L4D2 cost 15bucks and you got a game that was equal to l4d and on top of that u got free new maps aswell as a new "mutation" (gamemode) every god damned week.. so yeah i actually believe that 15bucks is worth getting something new every week...  btw go here www.fpsbanana.com and PLEASE tell me it takes those guys more than a week to skin weapons/models... please i beg of u... also i am fully aware that dice arent modders but that doesn't even make a diffrence, i mean they fucking GAVE away all the Batllefield 2 expansions with the latest patch (sure it was years after release, but its one year after release of bc2 so why couldn't that have been a free update aswell? Cuz i'm still waitin for that so called v.i.p. pass to give me something fucking usefull) "

Hmm, the whole thing stinks of "lazy as hell". Im surprised they get away with it. Its clearly a cheap ass skin job. All their "add ons" and "map packs" felt like a knife in the back.  Even those recent missions they released. Suck. Oh and by the way, this is coming from someone who thinks BFBC2 is near enough the best military online shooter of all time. They are WAY better than this - so give us what we expect of you. Am i gonna buy this DLC however? Probably still yes. Coz im a sucker, like all the rest of you...
Posted by Jackel2072

this show have been a stand alone game. like 1943.

Posted by Tesla

Hey for the price of a map pack in some games, I can get a complete expansion to Battlefield 2. 
 
I haven't played in a month or two, and I just got my surround sound back up and running.  What better time for more Battlefield?

Posted by Vodun
@Arjuna: So you've never played a game before? Welcome to Giant Bomb, there's lots of them here!
Edited by Arjuna

Not sure what's worse; the parody of Hendrix's music or the portrayal of the Vietnam war as a jolly good time to be had by all.

Posted by casualterror

wow they actually call that an expansion pack. awesome

Posted by Quacktastic

I thought Bad Company Vietnam was going to be a full stand-alone game.  Woops!

Posted by RJ

Damn, I hope I don't end up on the NVA team!

Posted by chigaco
@ErisRon: me too
Posted by eezo
@Riddell said:

"Best Game Ever" is subjective. The same could be said to someone who thinks BC2 is the best game ever. Your logic fails on every level. We don't live in a benevolent society where everything has to be given away for free. And 4 maps, "just skinned weapons and soldiers" would;   A) Take modders more than a week  B) DICE aren't modders, they're game developers with jobs and salaries Do you whine every time someone charges for DLC? I'd be interested to know your thoughts on L4D2 from the oh-so-generous Valve. "
Actually it's not, it's a well known fact that Half Life 2 is the best game ever. And on another note L4D2 cost 15bucks and you got a game that was equal to l4d and on top of that u got free new maps aswell as a new "mutation" (gamemode) every god damned week.. so yeah i actually believe that 15bucks is worth getting something new every week...
 
btw go here www.fpsbanana.com and PLEASE tell me it takes those guys more than a week to skin weapons/models... please i beg of u... also i am fully aware that dice arent modders but that doesn't even make a diffrence, i mean they fucking GAVE away all the Batllefield 2 expansions with the latest patch (sure it was years after release, but its one year after release of bc2 so why couldn't that have been a free update aswell? Cuz i'm still waitin for that so called v.i.p. pass to give me something fucking usefull)
Posted by kagekage
@imayellowfellow said:
" they should make a realistic vietnam war game and have the campaign be so long that eventually you have to give up and just stop playing. "
LMAO THIS. 
 
How many Vietnamese vets does it take to screw in a light bulb? 
         
Posted by MeatSim

Welcome to the jungle?

Posted by N0_va

what's the song in the background ?

Posted by imayellowfellow

they should make a realistic vietnam war game and have the campaign be so long that eventually you have to give up and just stop playing.

Edited by Riddell
@eezo said:

" @Riddell said:

" @ned_perfel said:

" @eezo said:

" only thing i have to whine about is that if this game was made by Valve, this shit would be free.. "
This is a entire multiplayer expansion in an entirely different setting, not a hat. "
By that reasoning, Episode 1 and 2 should be free. Get a grip. "
@Ned_perfel it's not an "entire multiplayer expansion" it's 4 maps and just skinned weapons and soldiers.. modders do this in seriously a week ... anyway they also promised "new maps" for the original BC2 and all we got was a bunch of rehashed maps with other game modes... sure it was free, but it was also shit..  and @Riddell, no. Half Life 2 = best game ever, it actually gives u a reason to buy it.. "
"Best Game Ever" is subjective. The same could be said to someone who thinks BC2 is the best game ever. Your logic fails on every level. We don't live in a benevolent society where everything has to be given away for free. And 4 maps, "just skinned weapons and soldiers" would;  
A) Take modders more than a week 
B) DICE aren't modders, they're game developers with jobs and salaries 
Do you whine every time someone charges for DLC? I'd be interested to know your thoughts on L4D2 from the oh-so-generous Valve.
Posted by Shakezula84

I love the Bad Company series, so I can't wait to download this.

Posted by lacke
@chilipeppersman said:
" @fedorajay: duder you are right on, I dont know why features like that got dropped for something else, like online, it sux for all the other people who dont have that good of internet, or internet at all "
You're right, it sucks for those people. However, a good amount of people have access to a good enough connection because honestly, imo, split screen sucks and bots are boring.
Posted by Detrian

Aw yeah from one failed war to another.

Posted by chilipeppersman
@fedorajay: duder you are right on, I dont know why features like that got dropped for something else, like online, it sux for all the other people who dont have that good of internet, or internet at all
Posted by Seppli
@fedorajay: 
 
Just double up on your gaming infrastructure. A 1080p monitor doesn't cost the world. Nor do 5.1 speakers or headphones.
 
Way better than split-screen. TWO SCREENS!
Posted by fedorajay
@jmrwacko said:
" @fedorajay said:
" Loved 1943 and I wish this was a stand alone arcade game as well. I don't want to cave in and get BC2 just to get this as I really want Black Ops for the split-screen and bot support. "
BC2 is an excellent game. You're depriving yourself. Plus it's only $30 now, on PC at least. "
I hear ya, and it's tempting at $30 but I need more out of today's shooters. Perfect Dark, Quake, UT3, TimeSplitters, they all had split-screen and bot support. Why in the world those features got dropped from the majority of today's shooters in favour for online is beyond me when they can include it all. I don't like the Halo series at all but admire it for allowing split-screen online support, and that's something I wish all shooters had so my wife and I can play together. I have bought all CoD games from the local pawn shop and pawn them back after playing them for a while, but I think Black Ops I will keep because they finally have added what I feel is essential for a shooter to have.
 
I just don't like having to rely on an online community  to be there so I can enjoy a feature of a game. If the internet goes down, if popularity for that game goes away from newer releases or if future Xbox's have backwards capability and I want to revisit this title like an old PS1/2 game, then all I have is single player because the rest relied on servers I can't control and human players I can't force to play with me. :(
 
It's the norm now, and I get that. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I hope other devs see Black Ops's "new" features as threats and start including the same thing. 
 
/old man's rant
Posted by Rehykja

Oh hell yeah.  I'm definitely looking forward to this.  The fact that helos can be damaged by normal weapons fire will be nice.

Posted by jmrwacko
@fedorajay said:
" Loved 1943 and I wish this was a stand alone arcade game as well. I don't want to cave in and get BC2 just to get this as I really want Black Ops for the split-screen and bot support. "
BC2 is an excellent game. You're depriving yourself. Plus it's only $30 now, on PC at least.
Posted by bwmcmaste

Somehow I imagine that, as a Canadian, I'll get screwed on the exchange again (despite parity with the American dollar). Twenty or so dollars is a bit steep for a visual makeover, I'll have to see more before I put money on this.

Posted by fillmoejoe

This winter get back in the shit. For 15 bucks sign me up.

Posted by Rewcastle

YES
Posted by outerabiz
@DiGiTaL_SiN said:

" @Jaserno said:

" @twillfast said:
" every multiplayer shooter should have that kind of music playing at all times! "
Seconded.  "
YES "
Every part of life-  
should have that kind of music playing at all times!
Posted by jasonefmonk

Looks like a serious bit of fun, I know I'm in the minority but I loved Battlefield Vietnam, and BC2 is an awesome game.

Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN
@Jaserno said:
" @twillfast said:
" every multiplayer shooter should have that kind of music playing at all times! "
Seconded.  "
YES
Posted by Jaserno
@twillfast said:
" every multiplayer shooter should have that kind of music playing at all times! "
Seconded. 
Posted by eezo
@Riddell said:
" @ned_perfel said:

" @eezo said:

" only thing i have to whine about is that if this game was made by Valve, this shit would be free.. "
This is a entire multiplayer expansion in an entirely different setting, not a hat. "
By that reasoning, Episode 1 and 2 should be free. Get a grip. "
@Ned_perfel it's not an "entire multiplayer expansion" it's 4 maps and just skinned weapons and soldiers.. modders do this in seriously a week... anyway they also promised "new maps" for the original BC2 and all we got was a bunch of rehashed maps with other game modes... sure it was free, but it was also shit.. 
and @Riddell, no. Half Life 2 = best game ever, it actually gives u a reason to buy it..
Posted by twillfast

every multiplayer shooter should have that kind of music playing at all times!

Posted by Seppli
@jASPWN said:
" @PowerBombYo said:

" I wonder if it has the option of headbanging while riding a moped like you could in Battlefield Vietnam? "

I like this man. I totally forgot you could do that in BF: V... good times. I also really hope they include some maps with crazzzzyy fog in thick ass jungle/swamps like the first one. "
Tuktuks are officially in!
 

Posted by Vodun
@Konanda: From that comment I gather you own a Wii so why  are you watching a grown ups game trailer?
Edited by Riddell
@ned_perfel said:

" @eezo said:

" only thing i have to whine about is that if this game was made by Valve, this shit would be free.. "
This is a entire multiplayer expansion in an entirely different setting, not a hat. "
By that reasoning, Episode 1 and 2 should be free. Get a grip.
Posted by 137
@UncertainOtter said:
" Hm... I should try to finish BC2 some time. "
It will only take you 3 hours. from start to finish lol
Edited by jASPWN
@PowerBombYo said:

" I wonder if it has the option of headbanging while riding a moped like you could in Battlefield Vietnam? "

I like this man. I totally forgot you could do that in BF: V... good times. I also really hope they include some maps with crazzzzyy fog in thick ass jungle/swamps like the first one.
Posted by Xtacles

That was actually a pretty decent trailer, I always liked the way DICE demonstrates the gameplay even if it NEVER plays that way.

Posted by TheSmashing

 l love the smell of napalm in the morning

Posted by aceofspudz

They should make GET SOME their marketing slogan.

Posted by ned_perfel
@eezo said:
" only thing i have to whine about is that if this game was made by Valve, this shit would be free.. "
This is a entire multiplayer expansion in an entirely different setting, not a hat.
Posted by reaper2923

Thought about getting Battlefield Bad Company 2 but I much rather try COD Black Ops

Posted by jim_dandy
@Jethuty said:
thats 8...  out of 195...... "

Damn, we need to get to work then.
 
I think we should do it alphabetically.
Posted by illmatic19
@Xeiphyer said:
" @illmatic19 said:
" Huh? Isn't this a disc based thing? It's like 69.99 on Best Buy. I R confused.  "
Bad Company 2 is a disc based thing, this is just a downloadable expansion pack called Vietnam "
Yes I know, but I thought the expansion was a disc based release. 
 
I saw it listed on Gamestop and Best Buy for 69.99, but I guess it's going to be a $15 download, which is great. 
Posted by eezo

only thing i have to whine about is that if this game was made by Valve, this shit would be free..

Posted by Eric_Buck

That was fucking awesome.

Posted by Xeiphyer
@illmatic19 said:
" Huh? Isn't this a disc based thing? It's like 69.99 on Best Buy. I R confused.  "
Bad Company 2 is a disc based thing, this is just a downloadable expansion pack called Vietnam
Posted by captain_clayman
@MyNameIsJoe said:
" Needs more CCR "
just thinking this.
Posted by illmatic19

Huh? Isn't this a disc based thing? It's like 69.99 on Best Buy. I R confused. 

  • 99 results
  • 1
  • 2