275 Comments
Edited by handlas
@onarum: @onarum said:

" @DaBuddaDa said:

" @Zereta said:

" @Styl3s said:
" Am i crazy? i swear i must be the only one that killzone doesn't impress, 1 was atrocious and 2 felt mediocre at best but then again graphics in games don't impress me the gameplay does and KZ never delivers that or story for me.  "
Ain't the only one. Nothing from this game has been that interesting to me. "
Me too. I don't get it. It's a shooter, you have guns, it's first person, you shoot guys...what is special about this? It's pretty looking? Is that it? "
Your reasoning can be applied to any FPS.. .  For me, at least KZ2 was different, at first, shooting felt really good, like more realistic in a way, it's hard to explain, but then all COD kiddies kept whining and they ended up making it more arcadey.  And also the MP is kinda unique, like they showed on this QL, you just have a bunch of different objectives and it's all non stop. "
exactly...I got Halo Reach a month or so ago and barely play it.  Cannot get into it.  Fall into the hype with every Halo and I think it is just bad.  But I don't go into Halo vids/reviews and trash it.
Posted by Marz

looks awesome

Posted by Tesla

Surprise Jim Sterling!

Posted by Yummylee

teehee

Posted by soralapio
@Tesla said:
" Surprise Jim Sterling! "
Is that a synonym for "surprise sex" aka rape?
Posted by neoepoch

I didn't like the default control scheme in KZ2, so I set it to have L1 put the sights up. I guess playing a bunch of shooters would do that, but it felt way better than having to click R3 for sights.

Posted by nickux

A Killzone Quick-Look just doesn't feel right without lots of drawings instead of gameplay footage. 

Edited by Addfwyn

Pretty excited for this, I think KZ2 was the last FPS I really got into, pretty excited for a new one.  This looks pretty solid, but I'm more interested in the singleplayer. 

EDIT: Also, a GORGEOUS game, I have to say.

Posted by Mrskidders
This looks so good.
Posted by Wuddel

Wow this is a great looking game. Really shows the potential of the PS3. I hope it builds a stronger community.

Posted by OneManX
@DaBuddaDa said:
" @Zereta said:
" @Styl3s said:
" Am i crazy? i swear i must be the only one that killzone doesn't impress, 1 was atrocious and 2 felt mediocre at best but then again graphics in games don't impress me the gameplay does and KZ never delivers that or story for me.  "
Me too. I don't get it. It's a shooter, you have guns, it's first person, you shoot guys...what is special about this? It's pretty looking? Is that it? "
The guns had weight, and it was different compared to MW1... the Shotgun MELTS people.
Edited by DjCmeP

Ryan...in case you didn't know...you can change the control scheme.

Edited by 234r2we232

The Friendly Fire, Isn't quote Jeff was thinking of, came from Modern Warfare. One of the loading screen quotes, I believe.

Also, those animations look pretty. Motion blur ftw?

Posted by Deathpooky

The Hellghast announcer sounds like slightly alien Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Posted by BenderUnit22

Haha, hilarious ending.

Btw, in Killzone, the reticle will turn red if you hold it over a disguised infiltrator, that's how you can be revealed even while wearing a disguise.

Posted by EgoCheck616

Was addicted to this until 4:00AM in the morning. Couldn't hang on anymore. Needed sleep. 
NOW IT'S TIME FOR MORE!

Posted by Skooky

The ending was pretty rad.

Posted by drumpsycho89

that was an AMAZING!! end to the quick look!!!!!!! 

Posted by Winternet

great way to end the QL

Posted by Sarumarine

Nailed that ending! That was great. Sneaky Jeff is the best Jeff.

"Hey! We're bros! Right?"

Posted by Arwin

Nice ending. Just got into this beta through the (EU) theme download yesterday. Shame you only got this one (good looking though) map - the other maps have the flying kit and the mechs, which are pretty crazy (I like them, though I haven't used them yet, but they're pretty cool and I've seen some cool mastery of the flying kit by others)  

Edited by Carlidus

Killzone 2 multiplayer was pretty fun. I think I'll play some later on tonight.  Great ending!

Posted by GS_Dan

Another way to spot the infiltrators is to keep checking your minimap- true allies will always appear green, but disguised enemies don't appear at all.

Posted by NTM

Same controls as the first Killzone, and if you were to invert them to a more Call of Duty like controls, it doesn't work well for the cover system in single player. On MP I think it worked fine.
Posted by Kohe321

Holy smokes graphics.

Posted by VicRattlehead

ryan davis has reactions like a cat...

Posted by Sovereign13

That Engineer is a Spy!

Posted by WrathOfBanja

Damn. This video makes me wish i had a ps3 just for that angry dude.

Posted by Foggen

AAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Posted by get2sammyb

Been really enjoying the Killzone 3 beta. For those worrying, the controls are vastly improved over Killzone 2, much snappier. There's even a "CoD" style setting in the options if that's what you prefer. Still feels like Killzone though. Guns are weightier than in CoD (not like pea-shooters), but they feel much more responsive.

Also -- the graphics are balls out crazy. The level with mechs is INSANELY gorgeous.

Posted by Baal_Sagoth

Looks and sounds awesome and having MP shooters be class-based is right up my alley. I'd be interesting to see if this could be good on PC so I have a chance to really play it. Outstanding assassination at the end!

Posted by 2HeadedNinja

looks good, but by god, the aiming ... how can anyone see this and not want a mouse?

Posted by get2sammyb
@OneManX said:
" @DaBuddaDa said:
" @Zereta said:
" @Styl3s said:
The guns had weight, and it was different compared to MW1... the Shotgun MELTS people. "
Killzone does a lot of stuff different. It controls extremely differently to anything else on the market (like mentioned, the weight), it has a first-person cover system, it's multiplayer Warzone mode is basically like all the objectives from a normal multiplayer game rolled into single matches so it constantly changes on the fly.

There's plenty unique to the franchise. You can look at any first-person shooter and ask the question, "What's special?" You only find out by playing it.

The Killzone community consider it more "hardcore" (I think that's fair?) than CoD, etc, because of the learning curve. I suppose it has similarities with Battlefield, but obviously it's set in a completely different universe.
Posted by get2sammyb
@2HeadedNinja said:
" looks good, but by god, the aiming ... how can anyone see this and not want a mouse? "
You could use a Move controller? I'm about to get flamed now aren't I?
Posted by Box3ru13

Would love to get in on this right here. Loved the 2nd and can still play it to this day. Can't wait for this one to come out. 

Posted by Battletoad

Dunno if it is because of the small number of players in the game or not, but this looks a lot smoother than KZ2.  Enemies moved around pretty choppily in KZ2, especially when boosting.  This is perfectly positioned just long enough where I will probably be tired of Reach and Black Ops, and even if I'm not, there is always room for KZ in my gaming schedule.
Posted by TheMeat

Looks a hell of a lot like Killzone 2...

Posted by MEATBALL

Man, I really junked on KZ2's multiplayer for the month after release. It's really good fun - perhaps not for everyone, but I think it's a really great, robust piece of multiplayer. The beta's looking good, and I found this QL real entertaining.

Posted by DukeTogo

Killzone, always a great-looking experience with awesome art and sound design.  The only flaws are in the actual single player experience, it's either the weak story or waves of dudes that hinders it.

Edited by 2HeadedNinja
@get2sammyb said:

" @2HeadedNinja said:

" looks good, but by god, the aiming ... how can anyone see this and not want a mouse? "
You could use a Move controller? I'm about to get flamed now aren't I? "

idk ... when I saw the quicklook of that railshooter I didnt get the impression move is accurate enough for a real shooter ... might still be better than the controller though.
Posted by Battletoad
@TheMeat: 

Trying to think of any FPS series this gen that has had a sequel that looked much better than its predecessor....Halo, MW, Resistence,  Bioshock....Nope. This is pretty much in line with all of those.  KZ3 is still based on the prettiest FPS engine this gen (IMO of course) and by default will at least rival any other FPS graphically.

It seems to have a better framerate, but admittedly you can't compare KZ3 to KZ2 performance-wise until you see how KZ3 handles 12+ players all boosting around shooting rockets at the same time. 
Posted by UlquioKani

The Giantbomb Crew don't seem to excel at Online Gaming

Posted by Andheez

The game looks and sounds fantastic, even though it is yet ANOTHER Killzone map set in a convoluted, weathered out, abandoned station......just like every other map.  I thought the level design in 2 was just garbage, along with most of the controls and leveling system.  Ill probably give it a go, but I still have my doubts that the game will actually be fun to play.

Posted by fedorajay

Awesome ending, Jeff!

Posted by Olivaw

Jim Sterling got his head blown off and Jeff successfully infiltrated the enemy team for victory.

A better quick look you will not find!

Posted by Sil3n7

Ending was great.

Posted by Battletoad
@DukeTogo: 

100% agree. I maybe played KZ2 SP for 1.5 hours, but I played MP more than any of the bigger name FPS so far this gen.  In fact I probably played it more than any other single game of any genre, period. 

The revolving missions, 32-man insanity, cooking grenades, disguises, C4, invisible snipers,  shotgun campers, deployable spawn points, magnum headshots, and yes, even rocket boosting were all flat out fun. Adding jetpacks and mechs to the mix should be awesome. Can anyone in the beta confirm whether or not an assassination target can hop in a mech? I'm ready for more KZ-type madness.
Posted by zombie2011
@Zereta said:
" @Styl3s said:
Feel the same, it seems the game got by on just looks alone.
Posted by Gamer_152

Great visuals and sound on this game and a great ending from Jeff.

Posted by MJHAYLETT

awesome looking and sounding game :D