275 Comments
Posted by Gerhabio

Exactly 100 comments? Not anymooore...

Posted by e7c

the "friendly fire isnt" means "friendly fire isnt ok (but he gets shot by a friendly before he can say ok and i believe thats why it has "..." at the end)

Posted by Mathey

Thumbs up for the Groo the Wanderer reference!

Edited by TwoOneFive

GOD DAMN THAT LOOKS AWESOME 

ps. gotta love all the "green names" on here saying it doesnt look like a good game! fucking retards 

anyways, Killzone 2's MP was spectacular. Guerilla makes, by far, the best maps in the business. truly impressive design. not only do they look insane but they are design VERY VERY WELL  

ps. JEFF ENDED THAT SHIT 

Posted by Rio

God I love Killzone.  This looks fantastic as expected 

Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame
@e7c said:
" the "friendly fire isnt" means "friendly fire isnt ok (but he gets shot by a friendly before he can say ok and i believe thats why it has "..." at the end) "
The isn't refers to the friendly at the start of the sentence. "This fire which we referred to as friendly is actually not friendly at all," doesn't have the same ring to it.
Posted by mrcraggle
@TheMeat said:
" Looks a hell of a lot like Killzone 2... "

Just like Mario Galaxy 2 looks a hell of a lot like Mario Galaxy, Halo Reach looks like erm Halo, Fable 3 looks like Fable 2, Star Wars: FU2 looks like FU, Black Ops looks like CoD, Fallout: NV looks like Fallout 3 etc. What do you expect from a sequel exactly?

Anyway, Looking forward to KZ3 but haven't even played much of the SP in KZ2. Only had my PS3 for a couples months now and just got into the MP of KZ2 and it's a lot of fun and surprisingly active.

Posted by Battletoad

this has me really wanting to play KZ2 again, havent played in a couple of months since I had to sell my mic. Oh well, I think I will play it now without a mic, just like 99% of the players are (my one and only gripe about the game I have)
Posted by Worthy

Holy shit, this game looks damn sweet.

Now I only need a 360 controller for the PS3 with real triggers and not the awful analog placements. Only reason I dont play my PS3 more. God awful controller.

Posted by Enigma777

Spent all night playing it. I hate how they removed all the recoil and bullet spread!!!

Posted by myslead

I never really liked the feel of Killzone 2 
maybe I'll give Killzone 3 a bigger tryout though

Posted by LiquidPrince

This looks pretty great. Although I changed the control scheme to COD style when I played Killzone 2.

Posted by phantomzxro

this game is looking pretty darn good for a beta!
Posted by DerekDanahy

Watching Jeff play a FPS is always a good time.

Posted by Jayzz

awesome ending haha

Edited by MooseyMcMan

Wait, if it's a BETA, then why does it say "Alpha Code" at the top of the screen?  

Also, I am glad at their anti-Jim Sterling comments, regardless of whether they were serious. I hate that man so much... 

EDIT: AHA! They felled him! 

Moderator Online
Posted by DarkbeatDK

I always like how PS3 exclusives that are these kind of "core games", always look very impressive graphic-wise: God of War 3, Uncharted 1 and 2 and Killzone 2 and 3... 
The 360 sure has a lot of things going for it, but since it usually ends up as the lead-platform for developing, I can't help but feel that it's holding the PS3 slightly back....

Posted by ThePhenomenal1

usually as soon as i find out that ryan is going to be playing the game for the quick-looks then i know its not going to go down very well. i like ryan davis and all but he hes not the most technically gifted game player of the giant bomb crew.

Posted by phantomzxro
@Battletoad said:
"@DukeTogo:  100% agree. I maybe played KZ2 SP for 1.5 hours, but I played MP more than any of the bigger name FPS so far this gen.  In fact I probably played it more than any other single game of any genre, period.  The revolving missions, 32-man insanity, cooking grenades, disguises, C4, invisible snipers,  shotgun campers, deployable spawn points, magnum headshots, and yes, even rocket boosting were all flat out fun. Adding jetpacks and mechs to the mix should be awesome. Can anyone in the beta confirm whether or not an assassination target can hop in a mech? I'm ready for more KZ-type madness. "

But really if you say that about killzone you have to say that to every other shooter like it, all of them have pretty much the same story just small changes. I feel the story is serviceable just like all the other ones. The first COD 4 MW had a pretty good story but it more in the camp of non-fantasy shooters.
Posted by ibscpy

One question i have is if they managed to fix the floaty controls? now im not saying that evey FPS needs to play just like COD but when it comes to persision i feel like they have it down and when i first god KZ2, i found it so hard to play cause i felt like it was impossible to get my aiming down correctly. if that control mechanic has been fixed i will for sure be picking this game up.
Posted by TranceAddix
@Deathpooky:  My goodness...you're right! LOL
Edited by MetalMoog

Game looks like a refined and updated Killzone 2. Graphics and gameplay look as good as they were before, but I'm not seeing enough innovation to warrant a day one purchase.  I was hoping for a lot deeper skill and rank up progression and unlock system with way more weapon variety. Looks like all the same guns from Killzone 2, hopefully a lot will be shown and added further on. 

Also, doesn't look like the Giant Bomb staff have ever played much Killzone 2.

Posted by DrWhat

best assassination ever seen, @jeff.

Posted by Xeiphyer

If anyone gets a beta code for this thang they don't want, you should hook me up! That shotgun looked super satisfying when it smoked those dudes.

Posted by Aegon

HAHAHA..oh man at the end...

Posted by mrcraggle
@MetalMoog said:
" Game looks like a refined and updated Killzone 2. Graphics and gameplay look as good as they were before, but I'm not seeing enough innovation to warrant a day one purchase.  I was hoping for a lot deeper skill and rank up progression and unlock system with way more weapon variety. Looks like all the same guns from Killzone 2, hopefully a lot will be shown and added further on.   Also, doesn't look like the Giant Bomb staff have ever played much Killzone 2. "
GB staff don't get time to play a lot of anything. Jeff played a bunch of KZ2 when it first came out but that's probably it. Jeff has said how he wants to really get into SSF4 but he just can't because of all the other games he has to play.
Posted by donaldkhogan

Ryan - "These guys are TIRED" 

LOLZ

Posted by handlas
@Neilstaman: @Neilstaman said:
" I played killzone 2 online. even getting 1st place I felt no accomplishment doesn't seem very competitive. Lets see what classes add to the game. "
You did huh?  You know there were classes in Killzone 2 right?

The game looks good.  But yes, it looks basically identical to Killzone 2 MP but with snow.  There have been glimpses of mech suits for MP tho...maybe that will spice things up a bit.
Posted by gunslingerNZ

This game is just as awesome as the KZ2 multiplayer. Been playing it for a couple of weeks now and although they've really pandered to the criticisms about the controls and made them a lot snappier it still feels extremely good. I do agree with Jeff that the more weighty controls were a good differentiation from all the other shooters out there. 

I'm also liking how they're carrying on with the world events on the maps that they introduced with KZ2's last map pack. They didn't come across it but on that map there's a little beacon you can throw down that calls down an orbital missile strike. The other maps they didn't play also have a radar jammer that fires every 5 minutes or something and the third map has a bunch of mechanical walkers you can ride around in.

Posted by scarace360

So anyone wanna give me there beta code?

Posted by JoelTGM
@2HeadedNinja said:
" looks good, but by god, the aiming ... how can anyone see this and not want a mouse? "
is this your first time seeing a console shooter?  that's how it goes. 

awesome ending by the way hahaha
Posted by dagas

Just upgraded my account so I'm watching in HD, but the video is artifacting a lot and it's like that for all videos on GB. Is it just me or is it the same for everyone?

Posted by LackingSaint

Wow this game LOOKS outstanding, it's a shame it also looks like a generic-ass FPS.

Posted by Mystyr_E

GTRich? as in Rich Brown from Gametrailers?

also I miss the old announcer voices

Posted by SippyCupNINJA

Dude...he gauged his...forehead?

Posted by gunslingerNZ
@handlas said:
" @Neilstaman: @Neilstaman said:
" I played killzone 2 online. even getting 1st place I felt no accomplishment doesn't seem very competitive. Lets see what classes add to the game. "
You did huh?  You know there were classes in Killzone 2 right?  The game looks good.  But yes, it looks basically identical to Killzone 2 MP but with snow.  There have been glimpses of mech suits for MP tho...maybe that will spice things up a bit. "
Oh no you saw through his clever ruse! Pro-tip, if you're going to pretend you've played a game at least learn some fundamental facts about it...
Posted by Vlad_Tiberius

I have a feeling that this game will be received just like Uncharted 2 was.
 Killzone 2, just like the 1st Uncharted, was a very good game, but both of them haven't received enough media attention primarily because they were exclusive for the PS3. 
Now, since the media grew up, and if Killzone 3 improves upon the previous formula and adds a few more weapons, abilities and less industrial maps, this may be a solid GOTY contender. 

However, it still makes me laugh that some gaming people need to play Killzone 3, Uncharted 2 or even Battlefield Bad Company 2  to finally realize and appreciate the things that the previous games already accomplished, but never received the proper attention. Still, better late than never.

Posted by steelknight2000

Since it says alpha code, isn't this an alpha?

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

It's a pity the game looks so shitty in 3D. Played it at PAX, and they DEFINITELY have to downgrade the visuals heavily to get it running in 3D. Good to see it in 2D. 

The thumbs in the eyes thing was not only poorly implemented, but also what the hell? Through his headpiece? Bleh, that really bugs me. 
And even for alpha code, allowing one team to have twice as many dudes without auto balance, something I'm sure is far from difficult to put in the code, is really a bummer. It really ticks me off when a BETA has big issues that are already a given, because it gets in the way of showing the real issues that the devs don't already know about. 

VERY glad to hear that the game feels a lot more responsive. The clunkiness of the other games was a real downer for me. I don't mind movement and traversal and stuff being heavier, but having trouble aiming around just because it feels bad sucks, it was the worst part of KZ2 in my experience. 

I still have little confidence in this game having played it at PAX and feeling it was VERY rough, very problematic, the controls didn't work terrible well and there were a lot of issues in particular with cover. ANd as I said, the 3D was pretty terrible. There was a massive amount of ghosting, the game looked significantly worse, not just in resolution which was clearly lower, but also with muddier textures and jagged edges. We will see how this turns out, but the atmosphere just wasn't enough for me in that demo. It's kind of odd that the atmosphere was nailed way better in an MP map versus a campaign experience, but who knows. They still have time to make a game, and maybe this code is a lot better than the PAX code, but they have a long way to come from where the Campaign was at at PAX.

Posted by seanwithoutyou

looks fun

Posted by dagas
@steelknight2000 said:
" Since it says alpha code, isn't this an alpha? "
I was thinking the same thing. guess the term beta is more well known. However the term is so diluted at this point. Many so called betas are alphas and even more are actually just a demo and not a beta or an alpha at all.  

In theory a beta is a build that has everything the full game will have, but where there is still balancing, bug fixing and optimization to be done.
Posted by onimonkii

killzone 2 was great and you guys seemed to be enjoying this enough. looking forward to it.

Posted by jorbear

This game looks amazing. I need this. 

Posted by bybeach

I didn't think I'd like this, instead it reminded me how much I liked Killzone 2. Nice take-out in the end there...
Posted by BuckNakd

Why do I hear zippers being pulled up every five seconds.  

Posted by FuzzYLemoN

Jeff and Ryan... FPS... but Ryan plays...?!
Does not computer.

Posted by Daftasabat

Is it just me or does every single FPS make your character look really short?

Posted by Sooty

I got tired of the Killzone 2 multiplayer because of the ridiculous amount of cloaked snipers and noobtubers. 

It did impress me though, very little autoaim (possibly none) made it feel pretty satisfying as opposed to MW2 which practically aims for you.

Posted by ArbitraryWater

The ending of this quick look was suitably awesome. This is one of the few games I wish I had a PS3 for.

Posted by Milkman
@BuckNakd said:
" Why do I hear zippers being pulled up every five seconds.   "
That's Jeff putting on the disguise.