275 Comments
Edited by Gizmo

29:43 

Jim Sterling of Destructoid gets killed, unfortunately just virtually.

Posted by brandt

awesome assassination. didn't think it would work. :D

Posted by dbz1995

How do you get into the beta? Anyway, this looks hella awesome.

Posted by NuDimon

This was EPIC!

Posted by Zaccheus

The end was epic. 

Posted by ilduce620

So hott, and so looking forward to it.  I beat KZ2 twice and thoroughly enjoyed the multiplayer.  I was going to get it Day One without this Quick Look, but now, it just makes me want it more and more.  Good job, Gents.

Posted by Ronald

Should this be called a beta since there's the "ALPHA CODE" at the top? Maybe this should be an alpha. And that finale, of Jeff running past their entire other team unmolested, and then shotgunning the target in the face was greatness. Of course, as Jeff said this won't work when everyone gets used to playing the game. They'll notice your name.

Edited by rodrigues

Jeff  says that the quote "friendly fire - isn't" is in Halo somewhere, but it isn't. It's one of them CoD-quotes after you die, IIRC. 

edit: loved the end!

Posted by Yodasdarkside

Ha ha, great end to the video.  I loved Killzone 2, and even had space in my heart for the first Killzone, so this will be a day one purchase for me, easily.  Multiplayer looks practically identical to 2, which is what I wanted, just more of the same!

Posted by EvilJester1214

i'm really excited about this game
i loved Killzone 2, stand-alone game and their multiplayer
Can't wait for this to drop

Posted by Guexx

GTRich from gametrailers was there :D

Posted by Bouke

That looks like Killzone to me.... which is a good thing! Killzone 2 online was great (singleplayer= not so much).  

Also; Jeff is awesome at assassinating dudes!
Posted by Halberdierv2

when I get my PS3, this will be my second game. (i already have a PS3 game)

Posted by S0ndor

Jeff educated those fools.

Posted by dusker

Wow, this makes FO:NV's graphics look pathetic.

Posted by zef40

why dont they make this for PC??!  *sadface*

Posted by Tweeter5004

Nachoboss.....awesome name.

Posted by cap123

great ending haha

Posted by JacDG

It was painful to watch Ryan totally not see dudes or the red dots, and not being able to hit the broad side of a barn, but other than that great QL.

Posted by WhatTheDang

Jim Sterling's username is "Jim_Sterling"? What a tool. 

Posted by Afroman269

I'll probably get this, hopefully the multiplayer will be more compelling to me than KZ 2, I got bored if it quick.

Posted by matrices

Looks like they finally fixed the shitty controls and excessive motion blur.

(And no, contrary to the caricatured bullshit of KZ2 apologists, the problem with KZ2's controls was not just limited to "COD kiddies." The deadzone was messed up, acceleration was messed up, and it was impossible to get a decent bead on a moving target.)

Posted by xxlpeanut

When you are in disguise you will get a random dudes name from the other team. So you can see 2 names where 1 is fake.
Posted by DukeT

Stop letting Ryan play FPS games PLEASE. I love the guy... but Jesus effin Christ hes horrible.

Edited by KingPossum

Jeff should have been playing and you can see a shift when Ryan hands over the controller in what you would normally experience if you were paying some attention. Ryan seems to never care much for what the hell he's doing when it comes to FPS games and it tends to lead to terrible videos, espcially in multiplayer games. (ex: watch the Battlefield Bad Company video on justin.tv)

Posted by lolak47

the end assassination was AWESOME!!

Posted by Capum15

Oh my god, that ending kill was the best ever.

Posted by squidracerX

i don't care about the 3D crap, but this game looks even better than Killzone 2! Im skeptical about jetpacks though hahaha. But any game that still gives you the option of bots in multiplayer gets a round of applause from me, i loved them in Killzone 2.

Posted by AuthenticM

Awesome ending! :)

Posted by MrBubbles

roflmao i love how he ran past everyone and killed the target with no one even noticing

Posted by Adziboy
@WhatTheDang said:
" Jim Sterling's username is "Jim_Sterling"? What a tool.  "
Great, so the assumption that Giantbomb was different to other sites and not everyone is an ignorant ass hole on the internet is now proved wrong by your comment.
Posted by Maxtone
@Capum15 said:
"Oh my god, that ending kill was the best ever. "

The BEST part in the video.
Posted by Burn1n9m4n
@KingPossum said:
" Jeff should have been playing and you can see a shift when Ryan hands over the controller in what you would normally experience if you were paying some attention. Ryan seems to never care much for what the hell he's doing when it comes to FPS games and it tends to lead to terrible videos, espcially in multiplayer games. (ex: watch the Battlefield Bad Company video on justin.tv) "
Uh, dude do you not remember Ryan gouging that fools eyes out? Because I seem to remember something like that happening....
Posted by MasterSwanny

Worth watching the whole thing for that final kill, haha. Awesome

Posted by brocool

That ending was perfect, love it when you capture these moments on camera. makes me wish I could do the same.

Posted by teh_destroyer

What they really need to put up is the quick look Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare :)

Posted by F_14_D_TOMCAT

At 1:45 Ryan whispers " I can't ...???.... this menu."  
I did not quite hear all that he whispered, what was it.
Posted by KillaMaStA

its a miracle that the infiltrator actually worked,thats not how it goes in KZ, you shoot that guy in the face until he changes class!

Everyone must have been tripping balls over getting to play KZ3 and didint notice.

Posted by Daveyo520

Such  a pretty game.

Posted by xXwindoverXx

That ending was AMAZING!

Posted by Kazrk

cool just cool

Posted by buzz_clik

You know it's a good Quick Look when a random mention of friggin' Groo the Wanderer pops up.

Posted by Strife777

Man that final kill was just so great. I can't believe he actually passed by the entire enemy team, haha!

Posted by SBYM

Damn, this is one fine looking game, aside from that whole eye gouging thing. What an ending, and hooray for random Jim Sterling sighting.

Edited by jmrwacko

Looks really nice. Love the class based gameplay. Too bad I'm never buying a PS3. Port to PC? <3

Wow infiltrator looks overpowered.

Posted by jmrwacko
@Dinoracha said:
" Oh wow. Another FPS that has a class that allows you to go invisible, therefore removing all skill from gameplay. Excuse me while I applaud slowly and sarcastically. "
Someone seems butthurt from their last match of TF2...
Posted by dark_maggot

This game looks fun, a lot more fluid than KZ2.

Loved that sneakiness at the end.

Posted by CynicalRodent
@Burn1n9m4n: 

Oh come on, he performed a 1-hit assassination on an immobile enemy. Anyone could have done that. Having said that I still enjoyed this QL but I have to agree with KingPossum. Ryan should probably pay a bit more attention to his radar. 

Anyway, great looking game. Can't wait. : )
Posted by Farley_Lives

Video says beta, while there is there ever present "ALPHA CODE" at the top trough the entire video. HAH HA

Posted by 137

omg you walked by the whole fucking team and killed the target, I am loling so hard right now.