440 Comments
Posted by rjayb89

I'M MAD WITH POWER.

Posted by Red12b

I placed a bet on Star wars, and I would have won but I didn't get anything, the bet is still outstanding,  

I demand to see the Bookie! 

Posted by takua108
@Red12b said:
" I placed a bet on Star wars, and I would have won but I didn't get anything, the bet is still outstanding,   I demand to see the Bookie!  "
You have to click "check bets" to go through all of your active bets and see which ones have been reviewed. I know, it's kind of a pain to do that, and I'm looking into better ways to do this with the limited power my host provides.
Posted by ape_dosmil

I just registered on I'm Calling It after hearing about it on last week's bombcast. It is really amazing frankly, well done. I hope you make a bit of money from the advertising because you deserve it. I think an odds system would definitely improve it, with odds being based on how other users have bet up to the time you place your own bet.

Posted by takua108

Aaaand... holy shit, 1,000 bets! That's awesome! Not to mention 489 (fully-registered, didn't-space-out-at-step-two-of-registration) users!

Posted by takua108

Black Ops has been reviewed, and let me be the first to say: four stars, I called it. :D

Posted by rjayb89

Will you add a leaderboard for most points lost? It'd be hilarious if my bet backfired.

Posted by ParaParaKing

YES! I won my first 10.000 with the Black Ops review.  
Gotta love ICI.

Posted by monster9999
@takua108:  Ah now i feel really dumb, lol thanks
Posted by Zidane_24

Uhh...maybe I'm really dumb, but I updated my profile for step two, and it still hasn't recognized it, even after leaving it overnight. Am I just missing something really obvious? Probably. 

Posted by takua108
@Zidane_24: More than likely you just hit some weird bug. I deleted your confirmation, so you can try again if you'd like. (You'll have to paste a new confirmation string into your profile.) If this fails again, reply here or PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Posted by Zidane_24
@takua108: Yep, that took care of it. Thanks, man. Shame I didn't make it in time for the CoD bet, though. 
Posted by LiquidPenguins

I called it. Top of the leaderboards. It certainly was a rush.

Edited by Trace

Just joined this, and I'm surprised to see my base XP put me at 4th (now 5th) on the leaderboards. Site's very nice in general, takua -- nicely done, though you knew that already based on the community response.

Time to place a stupidly large bet to try and double up. Either I earn a bunch of XP, or I lose a huge amount and get to see glorious tears over a review score. That's win-win in my book.

Posted by IamNOTatalkingpony

OP, I don't know whether to love you or to hate you...this thing is genius.

Posted by mracoon

Man, I should really be more confident in my bets. I've called 3/3 games correctly so far but I only put a small amount of money on them.

Posted by bobstarz

hell yeah i already lost 500 points!!!

Posted by himalayanwombat

I would like to see a feature for sorting game by release date.  That way I could make sure to place bets on games before they come out. Other than that humble request, I am having a lot of fun with the site.

Posted by takua108

So I just fixed a major bug (thanks to reporting from T0mF5) wherein asking for a refund on a bet that has already been reviewed (i.e. Black Ops) would not only work, but would give you more points back than usual. This is because I actually anticipated people would do this, but I was too lazy to test it and work out all the bugs, so... yeah. It's fixed now.

And you have no reason at all to not click "check bets!" There's still 126 of you who haven't done so yet. You have nothing to lose! Even if you bet 5/5, you'll still get a few points back.

Posted by LordAndrew

I am now making a WarioWare DIY microgame based on i'm calling it. This is going to be the worst thing ever! Look forward to it!

Posted by Ferginator4k

This=awesome

Edited by Winternet
@Winternet said:

C'mon, realistically, black ops will be a 4-star, Dance Central a 5-star, AC: Brotherhood a 4-star. There's a 90% chance of all these scores I said will become true. "

I called it. 

Edit: What's the difference between the "most points gained" and the "net winnings" leaderboards?
Edited by takua108
@Winternet said:

" @Winternet said:

C'mon, realistically, black ops will be a 4-star, Dance Central a 5-star, AC: Brotherhood a 4-star. There's a 90% chance of all these scores I said will become true. "

I called it.  Edit: What's the difference between the "most points gained" and the "net winnings" leaderboards? "
First of all, I think that only two of those three statements are true :D 

And... wow, you're right. I had to actually go look up what each leaderboard actually meant. "Most points gained" is how many points you've won, period, not counting any points you've lost or any points you currently have placed on bets. Whenever you win a bet, this total goes up by how much you made off the bet. "Net winnings" is the difference between how many points you currently have and how much XP you've imported. "Most points" is, straight-up, how many points you have right now. I'll accept any suggestions at rewording :) 

@LordAndrew said:
" I am now making a WarioWare DIY microgame based on i'm calling it. This is going to be the worst thing ever! Look forward to it! "
I am simultaneously excited and terrified.
Posted by Matthew

I put 20k down for Brad giving The Last Guardian 5 stars. 
So far I'm 1/1, I bet Jeff would give Black Ops 4 stars, and I CALLED IT.

Posted by Hockeymask27

I'm on top. Wont last long I know. 

all cash in your dance central votes.
Posted by Oni

RE: Dance Central, called it! I got Black Ops wrong though, I thought 5 stars. Looking back, that was stupid. I was foolish!

Posted by Pibo47

Totally getting in on this haha.

Edited by mracoon

My 100% streak continues with Dance Central.

edit: I'm sure I remember putting 4 stars but it looks like I put 5. Oh well.

Posted by Winternet
@Winternet said:
" @Winternet said:

Dammit. Dance Central only got a 4 star. But, I got the reviewer right. I bet on Jeff 5-star and the rest remained at 3 star. That should count for something. 

Oh well, but here are some definitely sure bets: Joy Ride - 3stars Kinect Sports - 3stars Your Shape - 4stars
Posted by Woodtsunami

I WANT DANCE CENTRAL TO UPDATE. After over a day, Dance Central still has not updated on ICI and I really wanna place a few more bets. REALLY!!!

Posted by takua108
@Woodtsunami: You have to click "Check Bets" to get your bets paid out.
Posted by Woodtsunami

oh... Thank you so much! :-D

Posted by yoshimitz707

Man, I just bet 60k on Brotherhood getting 4 stars. Let's hope I'm right. At least I know it's not going to get 5 stars.

Posted by Keenblaze

Are you going to implement some sort of system for voting on Game of the Year, the Northies, etc.?

Edited by Winternet

I think the question we should all be asking right now is: Is Ryan really going to give AC: Brotherhood 5 stars? 

Cuz I bet Ryan 4 stars. 

@yoshimitz707: You sure? Ryan seems pretty pumped about this game. I hope it gets a 4 star as well (well, I also hope it gets a 5 star cuz I really like AC)

Posted by damswedon

I put it all on Brotherhood getting 5 stars. High risks baby!

Posted by LordAndrew

I've just shipped ici, the only i'm calling it minigame available for WarioWare D.I.Y. (as far as I know). Based on the novel by takua108, ici is a unique gaming experience that changes every time you play it, allegedly. Based on the reviewer's avatar, can you predict the score the game has received? Probably not, because I suck at drawing! Available now, only on my DS because I've never bothered taking it online!

Posted by takua108
@LordAndrew said:
" I've just shipped ici, the only i'm calling it minigame available for WarioWare D.I.Y. (as far as I know). Based on the novel by takua108, ici is a unique gaming experience that changes every time you play it, allegedly. Based on the reviewer's avatar, can you predict the score the game has received? Probably not, because I suck at drawing! Available now, only on my DS because I've never bothered taking it online! "
:D 

What's your Friend Code?
Posted by LordAndrew

Don't have one unfortunately. I don't have a Wi-Fi connection and never bothered picking up one of those doodads that Nintendo put out. I really should though. I might be able to get some blurry photographic evidence of my masterpiece, but it just ain't the same. :(

Posted by Leoplureodon

Crap! I was trying to increase a bet I made for AC, didn't know that the review was out, and didn't read the warning >.< 

Oh well, next time I'll RTFM

Posted by Winternet

Dammit it got a 5star. 

Awesome, AC: Brotherhood is great. I am going to play it. 

Dammit there is no PC version until 2011. No Brotherhood for me. Damn.

Posted by eldiax
@yoshimitz707 said:
" Man, I just bet 60k on Brotherhood getting 4 stars. Let's hope I'm right. At least I know it's not going to get 5 stars. "
I'm sad for you :(
Posted by fillmoejoe

Damn, I had a feeling Ryan might give AC Brotherhood 5 stars after the bombcast.

Posted by natetodamax

Registered yesterday and the first bet I made shot me up to the top of the winnings leaderboard (I bet all 81,000 of my points but 1)! Pretty awesome thing you got here.

Posted by TheSilentTruth

I should have bet more on ACB... 

This is pretty cool. I'm gonna have fun with this.

Posted by Jeff

I am a bad person.

Staff
Edited by Sanryd
@Jeff said:

" I am a bad person. "

Care to elaborate? 

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm going to almost 100% correctly assume you bet on Hot Pursuit. You are a bad man, Jeff.
Posted by TheMasterDS

I got 500 points on DKCR 5 star. Hope that review goes up soon, the rest of the internet seems to like it enough.

Posted by Duffyside
@Jeff said:
" I am a bad person. "
... I don't know how I feel about this.
Edited by takua108
@Jeff said:

" I am a bad person. "

:D 

@natetodamax said:

" Registered yesterday and the first bet I made shot me up to the top of the winnings leaderboard (I bet all 81,000 of my points but 1)! Pretty awesome thing you got here. "

Glad you're enjoying it! 

@TheSilentTruth said:

" I should have bet more on ACB...   This is pretty cool. I'm gonna have fun with this. "

I was going to say "at least you're one of the ones who got it right," but then I went and checked the database, and it looks like 105 people said Ryan'd give it a 5, and 180 said he'd give it a 4! (Of course, this isn't looking at timestamps, so it's possible that a lot of those 5-star bets came after the Bombcast but just before the review.) 

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about adding a simple odds system-type thing, where you get additional bonus payout if you got it right and most people got it wrong. I'm still planning out how exactly this is going to work, but it'll happen... eventually...