Log in or sign up to comment
440 Comments
Posted by mosespippy

It sucks to see that the site is down because I have a 3 year old GTAV bet waiting to cash in worth 2mil Brad bucks. I called it.

Edited by Vigorousjammer

Just found out about this a few days ago. I put everything on Mark of the Ninja, let's hope it pans out.

Posted by Cirdain

Oh I'm going to get really into this again.

Posted by Winternet

Hey, Trine 2. That's a videogame.

Posted by Cirdain
@takua108

@Cirdain said:

@takua108: What are the stats like on Batman: Arkham City?

I lost the awesome Excel spreadsheet that I made to automatically parse the stats of a given game when my laptop hard drive failed, so I made a quick-and-dirty one in Google Docs just now to provide you with this semi-insightful data! (The number in each cell indicates the number of people who bet that X reviewer would give it Y score.)

ScoreBradJeffRyanVinny
1/50000
2/50000
3/54667
4/515181615
5/583788080
Bet amounts (high rollers!)

...Yeah, as it turns out, Google Docs' spreadsheet editor is fucking awesome.

This includes all 103 bets made on the game, including the 3 that were cancelled because I'm too lazy to filter those out.

OOh that last bar on the right is me. I think I bet 68590 points on it. I hope I would have bet more but I thought Vinny was going to review the witcher 2...

All well :)
Edited by takua108

@Cirdain said:

@takua108: What are the stats like on Batman: Arkham City?

I lost the awesome Excel spreadsheet that I made to automatically parse the stats of a given game when my laptop hard drive failed, so I made a quick-and-dirty one in Google Docs just now to provide you with this semi-insightful data! (The number in each cell indicates the number of people who bet that X reviewer would give it Y score.)

ScoreBradJeffRyanVinny
1/50000
2/50000
3/54667
4/515181615
5/583788080
Bet amounts (high rollers!)

...Yeah, as it turns out, Google Docs' spreadsheet editor is fucking awesome.

This includes all 103 bets made on the game, including the 3 that were cancelled because I'm too lazy to filter those out.

Posted by Cirdain

I'm on the most bets cancelled leader-board...wow.......

@takua108: What are the stats like on Batman: Arkham City?

Posted by SethPhotopoulos

@takua108 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I'm checking for Rage and it isn't on there.

That is really weird, since when you type "Rage" into the search field here on Giant Bomb, it's the first thing that comes up, and, theoretically, imcalling.it's searching methods should mirror Giant Bomb's exactly. There's about a 60% chance that it's my terrible year-old programming, and about a 40% chance that it's a problem with the API.

In any event, here be the Rage page. When in doubt, just load up the game's page in Giant Bomb, copy the number after the hyphen in the last part of the URL, and then go to http://imcalling.it/game/[that number].

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that you continue to use this stupid dumb thing, even nearly a year later. Maybe I should get around to rewriting it, after all...

Thank you. Now I can gamble.

Edited by takua108

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I'm checking for Rage and it isn't on there.

That is really weird, since when you type "Rage" into the search field here on Giant Bomb, it's the first thing that comes up, and, theoretically, imcalling.it's searching methods should mirror Giant Bomb's exactly. There's about a 60% chance that it's my terrible year-old programming, and about a 40% chance that it's a problem with the API.

In any event, here be the Rage page. When in doubt, just load up the game's page in Giant Bomb, copy the number after the hyphen in the last part of the URL, and then go to http://imcalling.it/game/[that number].

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that you continue to use this stupid dumb thing, even nearly a year later. Maybe I should get around to rewriting it, after all...

Posted by SethPhotopoulos

I'm checking for Rage and it isn't on there.

Edited by Johnny5

When this first came out I put almost all my points on LA NOIRE getting 5 stars, but...i lost my password :(

EDIT: Takua was awesome enough to change my password, now i'll just login and see how much my bet paid off, It was a LONG time ago lol

Posted by mracoon

I should have put a higher bet on Portal 2. I predicted 5 stars when you first launched ici but I only put small bet down because I still wasn't sure how things worked at the time. Oh well.

Moderator
Posted by takua108
@Video_Game_King: You can cancel your bet and get 90% of the money you bet back. The 10% loss might seem kinda harsh but it's there so people don't place bets on dumb stuff (old games, games Giant Bomb will definitely never review, etc.).
Posted by Video_Game_King

Question: do you lose the bet if the person you bet on didn't review it? If so, that would seem kinda stupid.

Posted by takua108

How did Portal 2 turn out for you guys? That's the one bet I've had going forever, for a relatively low amount (compared to the high rollers dominating the leaderboards):


It looks like 190 / 209 people were right about Ryan's 5/5 score, for the record.

Also, sorry about any trouble the website might be giving you! I've pretty much abandoned work on this version in favor of the new one.
Edited by takua108
@Winternet said:

" So, is everyone still with their Dragon Age 2 bet active? Because, time goes by and the review is nowhere to be seen. What about BG&E HD? Did anyone make a bet on that? I did, but no review as well. "

66 bets for Dragon Age II, with 10 cancelled. 7 bets for BG&E(HD), 1 cancelled. I'm still holding out for a Dragon Age II review... :P (EDIT: Just realized that I totally expose those numbers, and therefore I had no reason to go look them up in the database :P)
 
Also there's nothing different at all about the website now.
Posted by Lind_L_Taylor

I got money riding on DNF.  Big money.

Posted by Winternet

So, is everyone still with their Dragon Age 2 bet active? Because, time goes by and the review is nowhere to be seen. What about BG&E HD? Did anyone make a bet on that? I did, but no review as well.

Posted by LordAndrew
@GravityProof: You can bet on any game in the database, as long as it hasn't already been reviewed.
Posted by GravityProof
@takua108:  Awesome site, man. I wish they could implement this stuff directly on the site, it's a great way to push people to do the quests.  
 
I was wondering, is it possible to bet on 3DS games? I know they're putting up a few reviews this week, and I bet I can guess what Jeff will give Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (SSFIV3DE for short)
Posted by Winternet

Nailed Crysis 2. Now, where are Dragon Age 2 and Beyond Good & Evil reviews? I need more points. More.

Posted by RagingLion

This has probably been mentioned before but for a version 2, the number one detail that should be visible on each individual game page viewed through ici should be the release date if it exists.
 
Really need my Portal 2 points to come through before I can do any other betting, but I guess that's probably the same for everyone.

Posted by Winternet

Man, GiantBomb, where are your reviews? I have idle bets, cuz you ain't doin' yo' job.

Edited by Little_Socrates

I'm realizing I just don't have enough quest XP to keep this up.  
 
EDIT: Never mind, I won big on Dead Space 2 and forgot about it. SWEET.

Posted by rmanthorp

I LOVE THIS!

Moderator
Posted by takua108
@mfpantst: Well what's weird is it works on the Giant Bomb search (in that box up there at the top), but not through the API. After briefly testing out other terms (e.g. "Mario,"), it seems that this is actually fairly common. Hopefully some Top Men can sort this out.
Posted by mfpantst
@takua108:Thanks- you may want to check out whatever you're using for the search algorithm.  Games with "Rage" in the name show up, but Rage should show up first since it's the only exact term match.
Posted by takua108
Posted by mfpantst
@takua108:  Word, that worked.  Also- I want to place a bet on rage.  It's not a 'hot game' it's also not listed on the search page when I search Rage.  What's up with that?
Posted by takua108
@mfpantst said:
" @takua108:  Hey- so I put in a bet for Nail'd.  that never got reviewed (surprise!)  Anyways- can I have that refunded yet? "
You can have it refunded for 90% of the bet amount by clicking the "refund" link on the game's page. It kinda sucks that it's only 90%, but there have to be ways to stop people from just spamming bets for stupid things somehow.
Posted by Winternet
@LordAndrew: Ok. Thanks, dude.
Posted by mfpantst
@takua108:  Hey- so I put in a bet for Nail'd.  that never got reviewed (surprise!)  Anyways- can I have that refunded yet?
Posted by LordAndrew
@Winternet: Beyond Good & Evil HD does not have its own page. Place your bets on the Beyond Good & Evil page, as that's where the review would be posted.
Posted by Winternet
@takua108: No Beyond Good & Evil HD in ici? That game is getting a review and thus it deserves some betting.
Edited by takua108
@LordAndrew: I'd love to see it, but our school's wi-fi doesn't like the DS, apparently. I'll check it out this weekend, when I go home for spring break :D 
 
Anyways, my friend code is 4168 6984 9400 if you wanna go ahead and add me.
Posted by LordAndrew
@takua108 said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" I've just shipped ici, the only i'm calling it minigame available for WarioWare D.I.Y. (as far as I know). Based on the novel by takua108, ici is a unique gaming experience that changes every time you play it, allegedly. Based on the reviewer's avatar, can you predict the score the game has received? Probably not, because I suck at drawing! Available now, only on my DS because I've never bothered taking it online! "
:D  What's your Friend Code? "
0303-8784-9058
 
Yeah, we finally got Wi-Fi and I finally get to experience how much Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection sucks for sharing stuff. Remember, this is very loosely based on ici 1.0.
Posted by Lind_L_Taylor

I just put in my bets for Dragon Age II and Duke Nukem Forever.  I see
Forever getting a 3. lol.  Dragon Age II, probably a 5.

Edited by takua108

I love how people are still signing up and placing bets. I'm actively working on v2.0 now... here's a quick look at the new design:
    

 It might not look too different at first glance, but compare it to the current design... trust me, it's much better
Posted by mracoon

Got my 5-star bet for LBP2 correct, not a bad start for my first call of the year.

Moderator
Posted by takua108
@mosespippy: Nope, sorry. I'm too busy with end-of-semester stuff to get this going this year. However, I am going to rewrite the whole thing from scratch at some point in the next few months (and hopefully add Screened support if they get their API up and running), and when I do that, I'll add GOTY support for GOTY 2011.
Posted by mosespippy

So, are GotY bets going to be set up or not? It sure would give us something to bet on during this slow period for reviews.

Posted by LordAndrew
Posted by Winternet
@takua108: Just being childish here, but in my imc profile it says that I am not a WM subscriber, which I clearly am.
Posted by afrofools

You are one very clever guy. Kudos to you.

Posted by LordAndrew
So you thought you could be sneaky and get a refund on a bet for a game that's already been reviewed. Well you were wrong, motherfucker! I can detect that shit. Enjoy getting 0% of that money back.
Fuck! It's a beta. I was testing. I thought I had discovered something you somehow overlooked. Why do you even provide that option if we're going to be punished for using it? It's an undocumented "feature" that punishes us for testing the site. If something goes wrong that does allow us to get refunds for games that have been reviewed, we'll never know because we'll be afraid to test it out. But someone will know, and they will abuse it.
Posted by Not_Rage

I put down 281,250 xp on the Epic Mickey review, that's all my points. Hopefully this goes well...

Posted by Winternet

Mr. Snider f*cking pretty much everyone's bets on GT5. Nice going, sir :)

Posted by Themanohall

Hey, a couple of the hyperlinks in the news section lead to the wrong place. The jokersmilez link 404's and the Pac-Man link leads to a Pirates of the Caribbean page.

Posted by Winternet

Time to collect my Tron bet. Oh yeah, I called it.

Posted by monster9999
@takua108: O dude awesome cant wait for that to happen. Thanks for doing all this stuff, you rock man.