76 Comments
  • 76 results
Posted by AndrewB

I always come back to this one for the part where Jeff has to jump. I don't even think Xbox One level kinect is going to make this feasible.

Posted by sissylion
@Rxanadu: Yeah. I'm glad for them, too - they're good at what they do. It's just a little weird for me to hear Dojima in the Dynasty Warriors Gundam game. 
Posted by Rxanadu
@sissylion: EVERYONE in Persona 4 gets around.  If you hadn't noticed, the MC and Adachi have the same VA.
Posted by Urmean

Ha ha ha, oh wow.

AIRR?!!!

Posted by HowDire

God damn this is awful

Posted by buft

Leaning back is such a hard thing to do consistently in practice

Edited by GrandMarshal

Please all  sign my partition to stop sonic from air boarding, its wrong, just wrong

Jeff Gerstman cant jump!

Posted by Vao

hmm think this would be more fun if they added the tony hawk skate board :P

Posted by MadaRenrut

Just got my Kinect today.  I really really enjoy it, it's great fun.  However after I spent about an hour moving furniture to make room for it.  
HUGE WORDS OF WARNING.  You can NOT play two player games if you aren't ATLEAST 8 to 10 feet from the Kinect device.  The minimum is 6-8 and that is just for single player.  You also will not be able to use Kinect ID for it to know who you are since it goes through the process thinking you have a full 8 feet of space. 
If you have the room and the space, which is atleast 8 feet around as well because remember you have to move around, then GET it.  However if you don't have the 8 feet or more then you will just be playing these games as single player games. 
I am going to post this in each quick look, so don't rant against me just want to get the word out before someone with a small living room buys this thinking they are going to have friends over and play.    

Posted by El_Rickhead

The games available at this early point for the Kinect seem very unimpressive, i have no desire for one at the moment but i do look forward to see what comes out of it

Posted by drumpsycho89
@RedJester1029: yup!! the calabration seems well janky!!!
Posted by Budkin

Man this game looks terrible.

Posted by oatz

Holy fuck, this game has awful animations.

Posted by ch3burashka

Perfect for racists everywhere.

Posted by danimal_furry

You've been doing well, not you've been doing good, Jeff. Unless you have been helping the homeless or something. :)
Posted by Lydian_Sel

For a while I kept thinking about the things this game appears to do badly, like the way that all of those menus look like a real pain to navigate through, but then I remember that it's a sonic game & therefore has to be super annoying in some way.

Posted by PenguinDust

Omochow gave me hyperglycemia!

Posted by TheDukeofArgyll

I wonder how much better this game would be if it was controlled with a normal xbox controller.

Posted by Sabata

Yeah Jeff, you're too "tall" for Kinect.

Posted by EdFries

Kinect just doesn't work reliably with any game I've tried.

Posted by MysteriousFawx

JEFF SEMPAI YOU HIT ITS WEAKNESS, DO IT AGAIN!

Posted by Shadow

Oh please.  Let me reintroduce you two.  Rider meet horse, horse meet rider.

Posted by sissylion

Rise's voice actor gets arouuuuund. 

Posted by TwoOneFive
@Meatsim said:
" Not even the power of the Kinect can make 3D sonic games not suck. "
seriously, who was hoping for that to happen anyways?
Posted by MeatSim

Not even the power of the Kinect can make 3D sonic games not suck.

Posted by lordgodalming

Oh my lord could the menus take any longer to navigate?

Posted by lspear76

This game is easy to play. I beat all 13 basic tutorials within a half hour and cleared the first mission of the story mode. It's not nearly as hard as Jeff is making it out to be. You just have to stand sideways and do the moves -properly-.

Posted by CannonGoose

I love it when I can hear Steve laughing off camera!

Posted by Ignor

Coming soon;  Sonic Waterboarding, only for Xbox 360 Kinect!

Posted by JBrighty

habe these guys ever skated before or even surfed a board ? come on for christ sake. watching them playing is such a pain in the ass. they dont do this game justice. like movin your arms stupidly is NOt SWIMMINg !!
ooh god...

Posted by Mrnitropb
@gladspooky said:
" LEAN BACK FURTHER YOSUKE SENPAI-PAI   "  
Ok, That's why this video was making my fillings hurt. 
Posted by KaiserZephyr

Air Energy?! OH SHIT!

Posted by drag

From what I've seen every course is made up of massive long straights and a few corners.  
A more cynical person might suggest the developers knew how shitty their controls were and had no other options when it came to course design. 

Posted by ashton

7 min, jeff turning away in disgust. :D i love it

Posted by prestonhedges

LEAN BACK FURTHER YOSUKE SENPAI-PAI

Why is there a mini-map, what is going on.

Edited by Rox360
@BlazeHedgehog said:

" I am not ashamed to say that I liked the first Sonic Riders game. It had its flaws, but I've always felt people were being a little too harsh on it just because it was attached to a troubled franchise. I hate bad Sonic games just as much as the next guy, but I often wonder if Sega had removed Sonic from the game if it would have fared better in reviews.    

I was okay with Sonic Riders, too. It was bad, but something about it was neat enough that I actually bothered to play all the way through it. I'm not sure what it was, maybe something about the design, or the hoverboard racing concept, or.. Wave the Swallow.... anyway... I didn't mind it! But then they kept making them without fixing the things that were already broken in the first one, so, MEH to that.

And what is it with Sonic games and absolutely abysmal voice work? I mean... at least they're consistent with it, but jeez...

[edit] King Doc of Toreggmania. DOHOHOHO. That's even worse than my stuff..!  

I think the fundamental problem with this game and control scheme is that it was designed by people who have never even seen a skateboard, snowboard or surfing board. I've done a little bit of skating in my time, just a little, and when you turn left (riding regular), you don't lean backwards. You lean forwards in order to counteract the way you have to push your hips back, putting the weight on the heels of your feet to push the board down. All the steering happens from hips down! 

So either people are playing this game wrong, or this game is just wrong. But in either case, leaning around like that doesn't feel comfortable at all if the surface you're standing on doesn't conform, like a skateboard would. Maybe someone oughta try putting the Ride controller on the ground and playing it that way... [/edit]
Posted by Scribbly

Anyone reminded of Eyetoy Antigrav for the PS2? I liked that game and it had motion controls!
Posted by Korolev

Sonic cant' swim!!!! Blasphemy!

Posted by Deckard

T minus 364 days until MS disavows Kinect.

Posted by BlazeHedgehog
@SuperSambo said:
" @BlazeHedgehog said:
" @SuperSambo said:

" @BlazeHedgehog said:

" I am not ashamed to say that I liked the first Sonic Riders game. It had its flaws, but I've always felt people were being a little too harsh on it just because it was attached to a troubled franchise. I hate bad Sonic games just as much as the next guy, but I often wonder if Sega had removed Sonic from the game if it would have fared better in reviews.

This Kinect game, though. Hoooo. This is downright embarrassing. It looks so sloppy!

"
Ugh, this video starts loading even if you dont press play. Thanks... "
Yeah, I'm trying to edit it out. Thanks for quoting it so it loads twice. "
I pressed remove video but I guess I missed it by a bit. Fixed now. "

It's cool.
Posted by wwfundertaker

Controlling the menu's is torture, even watching makes me feel sick.

Posted by Kajaah117
@pwnmachine said:
" lol Geoff is soo drunk in this QL!! "
Posted by SuperSambo
@BlazeHedgehog said:
" @SuperSambo said:

" @BlazeHedgehog said:

This Kinect game, though. Hoooo. This is downright embarrassing. It looks so sloppy!

"
Yeah, I'm trying to edit it out. Thanks for quoting it so it loads twice. "
I pressed remove video but I guess I missed it by a bit. Fixed now.
Posted by BlazeHedgehog
@SuperSambo said:

" @BlazeHedgehog said:

"
Yeah, I'm trying to edit it out. Thanks for quoting it so it loads twice.
Edited by SuperSambo
@BlazeHedgehog said:

"
Ugh, this video starts loading even if you dont press play. Thanks...
Edited by BlazeHedgehog

I am not ashamed to say that I liked the first Sonic Riders game. It had its flaws, but I've always felt people were being a little too harsh on it just because it was attached to a troubled franchise. I hate bad Sonic games just as much as the next guy, but I often wonder if Sega had removed Sonic from the game if it would have fared better in reviews.

Posted by pwnmachine

lol Geoff is soo drunk in this QL!!

Posted by Dan_CiTi

Sonic R and Antigrav are far superior. 

Posted by JackGordon86

Absolute garbage and so is Kinect. I will not buy into this motion control fad.

Posted by Ignor

This looks great... for a kinect  game!

• 76 results