Edited by Khrom8

it needs a quicklook

edit.  yesssssss

Posted by LangarN

ooooh snap

Posted by DFSVegas

So close

Posted by PJ

Wow, that was a great trailer. Also, its great to finaly see EA making a boxing game with an M rating. Its a brutal ass sport and an M is fitting.

Posted by DrX25

Wait a minute, Story Mode?

Posted by Zaccheus

I miss read this to be a QL and now I'm really disappointed.

Edited by Piranesi

The Fight Night series has always been top class (although adding back in the button commands was a bit of a concession too far). It was already pretty brutal after the end of a tough match, this should be interesting to watch how far they go.  

It would be great to have a Raging Bull mode - black and white (plus red of course) with the full soundtrack.
Posted by Koobz

I really want to punch that one guy in the face.

Posted by Khalen

Looks really nice! If only they would support Kinect or Move.. Wouldn't that be really awesome to do the punching yourself?

Edited by xombi242
@Khalen said:
" Looks really nice! If only they would support Kinect or Move.. Wouldn't that be really awesome to do the punching yourself? "

I wish I can agree with you, but I can't.
Posted by WolfmanJenkins

An M rating? Maybe we'll get to kill a dude or two in the ring while naked and shouting expletives.

Posted by GozerTC

Oh yeah.  I'm really looking forward to this one because it'll be the third iteration of their technology on these consoles so they've probably (probably mind you) worked out the system to make it work great.  I skipped the last one but by the time this one comes out I think I'll be ready for some more face punching! :)  
Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN

F* Yeah!

Posted by MisterMouse

woah that seems weird with the storyline, but I am kind of liking it.

Posted by MoistJohn

I like it. It feels like a good fit and something that could actually replace the tired "career mode" of calenders, cellphones and so on.

Posted by El_Derrico

Eye of the tiger, Rocky! Eye of the tiger!

Posted by picklecannon

that trailer wasn't half bad.

Posted by DukesT3

HE'S AN ANIMAL!!! 

Posted by LordAudie
@Khalen said:
" Looks really nice! If only they would support Kinect or Move.. Wouldn't that be really awesome to do the punching yourself? "
Bad idea. Is not like we know how to box. The player on the screen will look like a spaztic kid without his medicine if the game supports kinect or move.
Posted by HY8RiD

Finally, a boxing game to be excited about!

Posted by tourgen

cool, I'm up for a good boxing game with a story mode

Posted by IshimuraD

I'm curious to see what in this game actually will warrant the M rating. So far it's just a little blood, and that's still Teen rating territory. How brutal is it actually gonna get to get that rating? Certainly not actual GORE right?
Fight Night Round 4 was one of the only sports games I've actually purchased and enjoyed.

Posted by Dain22
@El_Derrico said:
" Eye of the tiger, Rocky! Eye of the tiger! "
That's the vibe I wanted. That's the vibe I got.
Posted by SpacePenguin

Were they in a prison in the last scene?

Posted by MostlyBearded
@Koobz said:
" I really want to punch that one guy in the face. "
As do I...
Posted by gzl5000

Looks like it has some of that weird semi-cel shading texturing that EA MMA had.

Posted by Hourai

I'm really excited for the story mode stuff. I always felt like that was the one thing missing from the Fight Night series. 

Posted by StefanTheLegend

Great trailer, the game looks fantastic and I just love the idea of a story in a boxing game. It actually makes perfect sense. This is defiantly on my radar for next year! 

Posted by jagenheim
@Zaccheus: I also read this is a 30 minute Quick Look.  :(
Posted by ImBigInJapan

Funny how video game boxing seems to have more excitement and relevance than the real thing these days.

Posted by Asrahn

Detecting certain amounts of Rocky here! 

Which is great :>

Posted by Davvyk

at last someone is doing the career mode boxing games should have had all along...a scripted story.

Posted by kitsune_conundrum

market it like Rocky 1.

Posted by bwmcmaste
@Davvyk said:
" at last someone is doing the career mode boxing games should have had all along...a scripted story. "
Agreed. This looks like a return to the Knockout Kings style of game, but with the improved total punch control.
Posted by wfolse1

Was that the Roots' song playing in the background?

Edited by MeatSim

Punching dudes the game.

Posted by lowestformofwit

Is it just me or does that look less impressive than fight night round 3 all those years ago???

Posted by Agent47
@ImBigInJapan: Yeah the quality of great boxers has been twiddling in recent years.
Posted by Agent47
@ZarakixKenpachi: I am thinking that in terms of story it might have more mature themes(maybe drugs?)but who knows maybe you could break your opponent's nose and it makes a disturbing crunching zoom in effect?You could do it in FNR4 but it didn't bend or nothing just crunched.