180 Comments
  • 180 results
Edited by namesonkel

AgentZachMorgan is top of the leaderboard.

Posted by cbarnes86

I came here because of Bombastica. Ah Game Room... you could've been so good but you were soooo bad

Edited by Vigorousjammer

@CharlesAlanRatliff said:

The music in Trick Trap is pretty awesome.

It was pretty awesome, it's even more awesome when it's not poorly emulated:

Posted by ChrisTaran

Watch out for snakes!

Posted by wwfundertaker

Blades of Steel was amazing.

Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff

The music in Trick Trap is pretty awesome.

Posted by buzz_clik

Am I a bad human being for not really liking Pitfall 2? I've only ever played the C64 version, and despite a lot of time with it as a kid, it always seemed like a chore.

Posted by YukoAsho
@Fearbeard:  Well, I think the problem comes from there probably being a "perfect game" of Pitfall II.
Posted by KillyDarko

Trick Trap has an awesome soundtrack! :D

Posted by Volgin13
@Connelo: yes I did!
Posted by Winternet

That's probably the most exciting patch of games for the last 3 months or so.

Posted by Judus

Loving the Massive! F! bomb! at 1:36 :D am still grinning.

Posted by Johnny5

Holy shit...gameroom ..release is..good

Posted by MachoFantastico

Played Pitfall 2 last year at a mates house, awesome game that can still entertain the hell out of you. 

Posted by RabidPeanutButter
@KingPossum:  Yeah, I noticed that too.  I like the Japanese style cabinets.  Rumor has it two Twinbee games are in this pack as well.
Posted by CosmicQueso

"Hey Pretty Face! Shoot it!"

Posted by ViciousAnchovy

The evil-sounding music at the beginning of the QL reminds me of the music that plays in the cutscene in TMNT IV when the Technodrome is rising out of the ground.

Edited by Undeadpool
@mr_shoeless said:
" @PassiveKaerenai: I caught that too! Man, MST3K will never die... :-) "
Keep circulating those tapes!
Posted by Max_Hydrogen

Revamping the look of Gameroom won't actually change anything if the games are still crap. At least Trick Trap had good music. Gameroom allows one to rewind in Pitfall II? Braid's influence is even retroactive... The cave part of Pitfall II pretty much defines "platformer". 

Jeff should write a Pitfall cartoon page on screened.com

Posted by superlauth

IS THAT IT :)

Posted by mr_shoeless
@PassiveKaerenai: I caught that too! Man, MST3K will never die... :-)
Posted by mr_shoeless

Actually some decent games this week. I used to own Blades of Steel for the NES, had a lot of fun playing it. I actually didn't even know that there was an arcade version. I might get it but the vertical orientation of the screen was a bit disorienting (ha ha) for me.

Posted by steevl

Pitfall II was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. The music definitely sounds a little off in the video, though.

Posted by BIGBADGREG

I was surprised Jeff understood what an offside meant in hockey

Posted by scarycrayons
@soupbones: 
Oh man, Twinbee + Rewind Button will be the best!
I love those old shoot-em-up games (or whatever the heck people want to call them these days), but was never too good at them.  Not dying as much and experimenting with the 'best place on the screen to be' during hectic sections will finally let me practice and enjoy them fully!

Here's hoping Gradius (especially 2+3) end up in Game Room eventually, too!
Edited by soupbones

Game Room is BACK! (too soon?) 

Blades of Steel and Pitfall II are pretty awesome - but after playing Trick Trap a few times, I'd say it ranks up there with those two. It's a great Commando type game, with some cool level design. Nice surprise - hope people give it a chance past the first level. 

Here's what is apparently inside 12: 

Arcade
Trick Trap 1771 (pretty cool Commando type game with a medieval meets future twist) 
Blades of Steel (yes!!!)
Amidar
Detana Twinbee
Food Fight
MIA: Missing in Action
 (aka Rush'n Attack 2)
Pooyan
Sunset Riders (4-Player Beat'em up Cowboys)
Twinbee (Big shooter in Japan)

Atari 2600
Pitfall II
Off The Wall
Thwocker
Warlords

Intellivision
Vectrom
Volleyball

Posted by LordAndrew

Catching up on my QL backlog today. Cool update, and games that don't suck! Yes!

Pitfall II looks simply amazing. That's an Atari 2600 game? Fucking incredible.

Posted by LordAndrew
@scarycrayons said:
" @SuperfluousMoniker said:
" I don't understand how Jeff could memorize Pitfall 2 yet hate Megaman 9.
Pitfall 2 is about the exploration of hundreds of non-linear screens with infinite lives.

Mega Man 9 is about getting game overs across 12 linear screens until you get the pixel-memory down and can move onto the next stage, where you repeat the linearity and crazy difficulty once again.

They're kinda different.  One is fun and relaxing.  The other is brutal and punishing.
Personally, between the two options, I'd happily take the 'fun' choice! "
Plus, there's this whole video game website thing that Jeff's been doing for the past fourteen years. With all the games constantly coming out that he has to focus on, he doesn't have the time to dedicate to a mastering a single game. If Pitfall II came out today, I doubt he would have dedication to memorize all of it like he did back then.
Edited by KamikazeCaterpillar

I actually think the medal box is actually kinda nifty. 
edit: Its games like Pitfall 2 that really make these Quick Looks shine, but maybe thats because I like watching people play a game that they are good at.

Posted by Connelo

Anyone else notice the number 1 high scorer's gamertag on Trick trap -1771?

Edited by Fearbeard

Wow...  I'm actually going to buy some Game Room games.

Pitfall 2 is what I've been waiting for, and some of these upcoming Arcade games sound promising.  Though what's up with no ranked mode?  It has points

Posted by DeadDorf

Wait, Trick Trap isn't a game about undercover vice cops?

Posted by DG991

ryans laugh....lol

Posted by TheH1ppo

"Shoot it all over me!"

Posted by ExitDose

Holy balls! Pitfall 2 and Blades Of Steel. Two of my favorite games from my childhood. Is Game Room finally turning this shit around?

Posted by CookieMonster

C P U 

ON THE WING!

Posted by bryGPO

they keep sounding more and more depressed every game room quick look...

Edited by Hourai

Laughed at Ryan's sarcastic "oh fuck!". 

Posted by Zamir

9 "Real" Arcade games, YES, that means at least 9 more weeks of "Game Room"

Posted by Deathpooky

I feel like some random Game Room problem solved in the title update kept them from putting out all the games in this pack.  I mean, there's no point to destroy the system with Intellivision crap if they still have real games left to sell.  Compared to what we've seen the last couple months, this was a fucking miracle release of games.

Posted by 1trained_n00b

"Shoot it all over me" - Jeff.

Posted by Teaspoon83

Sunset Riders... wow. If they worked in online multiplayer... I will gladly pay for it. I will happily make it my first purchase.

Posted by PJ

AgentZackMorgan is the best   Trick Trap player in the world. Thats fucking awesome.

Posted by Foxillusion

Look out for waterrrr snaaaakes

FUCK

Posted by MasterKickface

Finding out Sunset Riders is coming to game room has made watching all these videos worth it.

Posted by madroxcide

I have very fond memories playing pitfall 2 when i was really really young, I never realized it was released a year before i was born though. Have always loved the music in pitfall 2 and remember playing it a ton. 

Posted by EvilDingo

How can Ryan continuously sound so negative. 
This week seem miles above anything previously seen in Game Room. 

@IntramanDW said:

" Was Pitfall 2 the 1st Metroidvania? "
Well... There is no power-ups. 
It's not like you have to return to previous locations, because new abilities allow you to progress. 

Also the term really should be metroid-like, since the Castlevania-games like Symphony of the Night and onwards simply are Catlevania-games with metroid-like exploration and mechanics. 
... But plenty of other people have addressed this :-)
Posted by buft

Fuck! i cannot wait for sunset riders, that game was awesome. Pitfall 2 seems interesting, never played it all those years ago and to be honest im surprised as how complicated it is.

Posted by Gearhead

Trick Trap's music is fucking awesome.

• 180 results