172 Comments
  • 172 results
Posted by Brutal_Insanity

fuck what you heard on the internet <3

Edited by OregonTrail
Posted by CandiBunni

He should use his motion tracker more.

Posted by Sharpless

You know, I don't even like Halo anymore, but even I have to admit that anti-Halo whiners are some of the most annoying, frustrating people on the Internet. "Halo? Yep. Stupid as ever." "More like Yawn-o, AMIRITE?!" Halo is a sci-fi FPS. That's it. That's all. It's not awful. It's not wonderful. It's just fucking Halo. Either you enjoy it or you don't. If you don't enjoy it, move on. Your opinion is treasured by no one but you, your mother, and the Lord God. 

As for the pathetic Sony fanboys who claim this is another example of Giant Bomb's Xbox bias, please grow up. I feel no loyalty toward any console and this doesn't look at all like a case of bias. People care about Halo. Giant Bomb does not cover every single thing that happens in this industry. They generally stick to what most people want, while occasionally checking out the edges of the gaming world. Halo is popular. A lot of people care about what these new maps look like. Thus, they looked at them. And any regular GB reader should know that the staff, sadly, isn't big on Team Fortress. I love Team Fortress, and I don't like Halo, but you don't see me whining and crying "Conspiracy!" do you? Just sack up, realize that the world does not always cater to your preferences, and deal with it.

Posted by DJGhostmare

Halo: Vietnam will be the game that gets me back into the series.

Posted by Majkiboy

Still Halo, still looks braindead

Posted by n00b_g4m3r
@Tesla: you have a point, but these are fairly large maps (well, anchor9 isn't very large, but w/e), and they each have new stuff in forge to do, so why the hell not?
Posted by Nux

This almost made me want to get gack into the Halo Reach Multiplayer....almost.

Posted by LOSERSTRIKER1001

If you ever wanted to see the bottom of a Spartan's boot, BAM!

Watch until the end.

Edited by Piranesi

They should put out a few crossover maps as their final send off. 

It would be great to see Halo in Aperture Science with GLaDOS, random portals and the turrets as added enemy hazards. They could also update Facility, Tokay's Tower / Longest Yard, a space version of de_dust as well as Deck 16 or Morpheus from the UT series. Kind of a thank you to the fans as well as an acknowledgement of where the developers looked for inspiration.  

A best of the Forge maps would be good to have as well.

Posted by WaterLord0

Beating Halo on legendary solo is pretty easy you just need patience 

Posted by StickyMicky
@AngryRedPlumber said:
" @StickyMicky: I'm confused, when I played this last night after NOT purchasing the map pack, I had no problem finding a game.  The DLC was in a completely new playlist, so I don't see how this would be a problem. "
I should update, i went on last night and i COULD get into matchmaking. 

This time around i noticed a new splash screen telling me about the map pack, i never saw that screen the first time, i suspect Bungie tweaked something at their end. 

Makes you wonder if they "accidently" did it to try and boost sales of the map pack? 
When i first attempted to play, not many people were online at all, maybe they checked the stats and worked out that they had blocked non map pack peeps.
Posted by Shadow

That's really weird.  When I started playing these maps the day they came out, it was a good 2 hours before I got into a match on Tempest.

Posted by LackLuster

I need to play more reach

Posted by Absolute_Zero

Can anyone else think of other games where you can't quit until the match starts? I've only encountered this in the Halo games, and it's always annoyed me.

Posted by DarthB

Kinda mean to say, but Jeff doesn't seem so great at this Halo thing.  Seems like he doesn't really look at his radar ever.  Maybe I just notice this kinda stuff because I try pretty hard when I'm playing Reach.

Edited by blacklab

This QL reminded me how annoying the click to zoom mechanic in Halo is. 

XBOX Armor Lock!

Posted by Artemis_D
@EgoCheck616: @EgoCheck616 said:
" @Artemis_D said:
" @EgoCheck616 said:
" Another milk for Halo. Really? After all the content games like MAG, Team Fortress 2, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 have been adding.  THIS is what you direct your attention to.  This site's bias is quickly becoming evident. "
You are so right.  There is an obvious bias toward games that a majority of people actually care about.  How dare they?  I, for one, am disgusted. "
Inorite. Because no one plays Team Fortress 2 or MAG anymore. That's why they keep releasing content for people who don't exist.  Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam? Who would ever think of buying that? Oh wait.. most of the people on my friends list. "
Okay, enough with the sarcasm.  Let's be reasonable.  You make a valid point, but not exactly a good point.  Like it or not, you're in the minority of a great deal of users who come to this site,.  They're a small group of dudes who can only cover so much, so what decision do you make?  Do you cover a game that only a couple hundred users might be interested in, or a game a couple thousand users would be interested in?  The answer is obvious.  Would I love to see that stuff? Sure!  But bias?  Really?  Seriously?  I get really tired of people throwing that word around.  It has completely lost meaning on the Internet.  I'm sorry, but every who doesn't like the things that you like does not make a something or someone biased. 
Posted by koopi

Haha :D "Xbox Unfreeze" lol :) ... these maps has crashed on me too once. 

Nice QL. I really like Breakpoint.

Edited by MeatSim

People like their Team Slayer though someone should tell them a little variety never hurt.

Posted by StrikerTheLizard

Haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3 and this looks just like it.

Posted by AngryRedPlumber
@StickyMicky: I'm confused, when I played this last night after NOT purchasing the map pack, I had no problem finding a game.  The DLC was in a completely new playlist, so I don't see how this would be a problem.
Posted by scarace360

Gotta get halo.

Posted by StickyMicky
@TruthOasis said:
" Shame on you Bungie, or microsoft or whoever. I was forced into purchasing this add on. The only way I could play any xbox live matches with a friend was if we both purchased the maps. Otherwise the only thing me and a friend could do was coop or firefight. And once I bought it, me and my friend played big team battle, team slayer and zombies, and after 3 hours of playing, not once did I play a new map. I dont care how sweet these maps are, they totally ruin the online experience for anyone who doesn't want to waste 10 bucks.  "
Yes, this is what happened to me last night :( 

Although i never bought them, to be honest i feel i will sell/trade the copy on.
Posted by StickyMicky

I don't play Reach multiplayer much to be fair, but last night i logged in and attempted to have a blast, the only playlists i could into without the DLC was the firefight ones and campaign. 

None of the matchmaking ones would let me in until i bought the DLC. 

I found this a bit shitty, buy a new game and then have to pay a month or so later just to play decent multiplayer? 

Ended up playing a few games of campaign and one session of whatever mode has you as 2vs2 firefight (is it grab bag?) 

I wouldnt mind just getting dropped from a lobby if a dlc map was chosen, but to not even let me in at all seamed a bit rough :(

Posted by TwoOneFive

the reason i stopped playing is because everyone just likes playing slayer all the time.  

its fucking boring dude.  

i dont get it. team deathmatch every damn time?! and then you actually chose to do it with a boring weapon?!

Posted by caryrabbit

red ring for the win

Posted by Example1013

This makes me want to play Halo again. I haven't really played since before the 360 came out (since I don't have an XBox), and I kind of just want to play again.

Posted by McGhee

The worst part about Halo online is not the douche bag chatter (you can mute that) but it's people alway picking the same goddamn match types over and over again.  

People suck sometimes.

Posted by GlenTennis

Yep, still not interested in Reach. Fun Quick Look though.

Posted by Gunner612

There is only one quick look as far as i'm concerned.

Posted by InflectionPixel
@TruthOasis: So hey, I think that's not entirely correct. 

For launch, there is a dedicated DLC Grab Bag playlist available for Gold Xbox LIVE subscribers that will contain nothing but DLC maps. If players wish to play DLC in matchmaking, this is the sure-fire way to do it.

Many other playlists will contain DLC maps as well, but since you are not gated from entry to these playlists by having DLC, you could match with people who don’t have the maps. If that happens, you will not get them as voting options for that session. 

Also notable is that if players enter the matchmaking lobby and select a playlist that uses DLC, but where DLC is NOT required (just optional), they will see a pulsing warning message on the left side of the screen letting them know that they are missing 
recommended downloadable content. This does not block them from entering matchmaking in that playlist, it just warns them that the playlist uses some maps that they do not have. This should have no negative effect on that user.     

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=NMPFAQ
Posted by anbumakura

Xbox Ed Fries usually works for me too. I don't know what's wrong with your Xbox at all.

Posted by Cazamalos
@TruthOasis said:
" Shame on you Bungie, or microsoft or whoever. I was forced into purchasing this add on. The only way I could play any xbox live matches with a friend was if we both purchased the maps. Otherwise the only thing me and a friend could do was coop or firefight. And once I bought it, me and my friend played big team battle, team slayer and zombies, and after 3 hours of playing, not once did I play a new map. I dont care how sweet these maps are, they totally ruin the online experience for anyone who doesn't want to waste 10 bucks.  "
welcome to bungie's idea of DLC, halo 3 had horrible semi mandatory add-ons too 
but people love halo too much to complain 
Edited by TruthOasis

Shame on you Bungie, or microsoft or whoever. I was forced into purchasing this add on. The only way I could play any xbox live matches with a friend was if we both purchased the maps. Otherwise the only thing me and a friend could do was coop or firefight. And once I bought it, me and my friend played big team battle, team slayer and zombies, and after 3 hours of playing, not once did I play a new map. I dont care how sweet these maps are, they totally ruin the online experience for anyone who doesn't want to waste 10 bucks. 

Posted by nikopeters

Halo Combat Evolved supported multiplayer for the PC, and Mac! How I miss it....

Posted by Fobwashed

K4rn4ge was in one of those matches. I only know him because we went back and forth in the original geometry wars for high score on the leaderboards =P

Steve

Posted by beard_of_zeus

Maps seem pretty good, but I don't know if I'm into Reach MP enough to pony up the cash for the map pack. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up spending the $10 on ilomilo instead :D

Posted by Thrust_Muscle

Jeff clearly does not understand the multilayer. Very frustrating to watch. All game play here aside, its nice to have quick-looks regardless. 

Posted by Turtlemayor333

CE probably isn't my favorite Halo either but even I will admit that game beats the heck out of Reach in story, gameplay, and even soundtrack.

I don't find this quick look offensive or anything like some users, but yeah, it basically feels like this ship has sailed.

Posted by 234r2we232
@Agent47 said:
" @ryanwho: You think that's bad go play Black Ops.Just play a few matches and hear the "community".You will loose all fate in the future of mankind's intelligence. "
Actually, Black Ops has been pretty much silent these past few weeks. And the few conversations I've picked up on have been absolutely harmless.

But hey. Gotta complain about Call of Duty somehow...
Posted by Agent47
@ryanwho: You think that's bad go play Black Ops.Just play a few matches and hear the "community".You will loose all fate in the future of mankind's intelligence.
Posted by Agent47
@Dimsey: Yeah me too.You get the occasional annoying kid playing Halo, but nothing like BO where there is always some asshole cursing the shit out of everything and shouting racial obscenities.
Posted by WEGGLES
@LordXavierBritish: That's not the same :\ 

There's a difference between unlockable items you can buy if you're lazy and a mappack you have to buy to use... 
Posted by captain_max707
@zef40: Right on bro :D
Posted by LordXavierBritish
@WEGGLES said:
" @LordXavierBritish: Yeah, and you can get those just by playing.  "
And I got this map pack by just playing. 

Other arcade games. 

In the month of October. 

Yeah.
Posted by WEGGLES
@LordXavierBritish: Yeah, and you can get those just by playing. 
Posted by LordXavierBritish
@WEGGLES said:
" @LordXavierBritish:   You're not missing out by not having a Slime hat.  "
The Polycount pack had a shit load of weapons that have actual gameplay effects. 

Where have you been.
Posted by BUCK3TM4N

maps should be free unless the packs have like 10  maps, but three really come on

Posted by Dimsey

I actually haven't encountered many idiots on Halo, thankfully.
I've found a lot more in my time with Black Ops and the brief period I played TF2.

• 172 results