75 Comments
  • 75 results
Posted by abdo

It's from the makers of Yakuza, so you know it'll be great.

Posted by TwoOneFive

and why do japanese SUCK at good graphics. shit looks like ps2

Posted by Shootist2600

ooh hadn't heard of this till now. futuristic squad based shooter? sign me up
Posted by Jazz

Those droids need a redesign...otherwise I'd like to see how this pans out. Yakuza is a fantastic series.

Posted by owl_of_minerva
@blacklab:  Yes, because referring blanketly to 'the Japanese' or the 'Japanese games industry' in pejorative fashion is the prerogative of those who are not jerks. The logic of racism is to view 'the other' as homogeneous and inferior, by the way. I didn't claim it was based on conscious racism, but it borders on it. 
Posted by blacklab
@owl_of_minerva said:
" @blacklab:  Typical recourse of those who can't substantiate their opinion with facts or arguments.  It should be obvious that the negative comments are premature at this stage: a pre-rendered trailer shows nothing of the actual game.I'm not saying this game is necessarily going to be good, mind you, but then again most games aren't. And if it's not my contention that you disagree with, but the tone, it's because I'm getting sick of the borderline racist generalisations about the Japanese game industry. "
No facts or arguments to made. I just think you're being a jerk. And as far as a typical recourse...yelling 'that's racist' is the original.
Posted by Tsarevich

So far this just looks like a waste of a talented team. It can't be Quantum Theory bad, at the least.

Posted by owl_of_minerva
@blacklab:  Typical recourse of those who can't substantiate their opinion with facts or arguments.  It should be obvious that the negative comments are premature at this stage: a pre-rendered trailer shows nothing of the actual game.
I'm not saying this game is necessarily going to be good, mind you, but then again most games aren't.
And if it's not my contention that you disagree with, but the tone, it's because I'm getting sick of the borderline racist generalisations about the Japanese game industry.
Posted by blacklab
@owl_of_minerva said:
" Newsflash: a cinematic tells you nothing about the game's execution, and who gives a shit about the narrative or characters in an online game?  From the trailer, I inferred it was Sega's usual over-the-top craziness, but to say the game is going to be 'bad' when you have seen literally nothing of the game is mindless chatter.Also, for everyone accusing Japan of ripping off the West, a Japanese company came up with the concept of the cover-based shooter in the first place. So there, stop making moronic comments about an industry you know little to nothing about. "
Sometimes I wish that you could downvote comments on GB.
Edited by owl_of_minerva

Newsflash: a cinematic tells you nothing about the game's execution, and who gives a shit about the narrative or characters in an online game?  From the trailer, I inferred it was Sega's usual over-the-top craziness, but to say the game is going to be 'bad' when you have seen literally nothing of the game is mindless chatter.
Also, for everyone accusing Japan of ripping off the West, a Japanese company came up with the concept of the cover-based shooter in the first place. So there, stop making moronic comments about an industry you know little to nothing about.

Posted by DonPixel

this site is going the redneck way.. full of xenophobic bs, it´s not like lately western release are full of inovation cough COD cough.. 

Posted by DrunkenWisdom

Flop

Posted by Napalm

Why is Coach in Japan?

Posted by TheBanX
It looks like japanese version of gears of war where the japanese tries to make badass dudes by putting slapping in the face fights.
Posted by Shirogane

Yakuza? Got my attention.
Posted by virtorio

I have serious doubts this game will be good, or even playable, but that aside - that's a fine name for a video game.

Posted by hermes

The ending was the only interesting thing... 

The rest... looks just like another generic shooter made by a japanese company targeted towards western sensibilities, without any idea about what that mean. Its like Quantum Theory  all over again.

Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny

i really hope this game just goes all out on the corniness, it should be pretty hilarious if that's what they are doing

Posted by MegaGoat

Fuck you Sega
Fuck you

Posted by pwnasaurus

quick run to those chest high walls!

Posted by TheSmashing
Posted by FuzMel

We might as well be shooting flowers at it? The fook?

Crazy ass looking mechs and terrible script. Sega's making a bonafide Japanese gamemaking comeback

Posted by Yummylee

Ending gives a small pinch of promise, though everything else is, as everyone else has said, awfully generic and stereotypical.

Posted by megalowho

maybe it is us who are the robots.

Posted by Deathawk

This begs the question: Is it a spoiler if the press release pretty much points out exactly what's going on?
Posted by jayjonesjunior

sega...

Posted by BitterAlmond

Oh hey, look, it's Terminator.

Posted by Rayfield

Don't even try with me Sega. You know what you've done.
Posted by theberserker

generic iRobot design meets Army of...3 

garbage

Posted by MordeaniisChaos

Why does his gun have a meat tenderizer for a muzzle? And am I the only one who thinks the blade on the LMG looks like they just took some Forerunner spire and stuck it on there, rather than an actual blade? Is that the best they could do to make the weapons look in any way unique? 

Also this looks like 90's CG. You'd think a company like SEGA could at least make a decent looking game or have the common sense to wait till the engine was presentable to, ya know, present it.

Posted by BraveToaster

Oh nooooo.

Posted by AhmadMetallic

why wont sega lay down and die ?

Posted by HatKing

"Let the good times roll." 

That's it, I'm done.
Posted by MisterMouse

it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Edited by august

Impressively generic!

EDIT: Okay, at least they're trying with the end there.

Posted by Jellybones

Sassy black man quota has been met.

Posted by Quacktastic

Man, I bet at some point in this game something is going to be shooting at me and then I'm going to have to crouch behind a chest-high wall and shoot back at it !!  Forget everything you thought you knew about video games!  No, seriously, forget everything.  Let's find new hobbies.

Posted by VooDooPC

I get a huge "I, Robot" vibe from the robot design.

Posted by Hector

This game.....yeah....

Posted by Turista

Terribad voice acting is terribad. 

But the ending got me intrigued.

Posted by Darkraven

japanese skynet!

Posted by Milkman

Man, that was some kind of awful. Seems like another desperate plea from Japan to say "Hey America! We can make cool shooters too! Look at all these embarrassing stereotypes that we're trying to pass off as characters!"

Posted by MooseyMcMan
@BeachThunder said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @Raven10 said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" That guy reminded me so much of a TF2 Cole Train. "
That's exactly what I thought. Except Cole Train is funny. And TF2 is funny. And this guy was decidedly not funny. "
Who's fault is that? "
It ain't mine! "
Man, now I want to listen to the Cole Train rap again...
Posted by BetonneTom

Wow that looked absolutely terrible, just a standard japanese cover based shooter coupled with the whole: look we japanese only think in stereotypes!  

Posted by JesseCherry

Looks ubber budget and generic

Posted by Beauty

This looks horrible.  
I-robot + Monday Night Combat + Vanquish + Terminator = me wasting 4min & 26 sec

Posted by BeachThunder
@Hitchenson said:
" @Raven10 said:
" @Hitchenson said:
That's exactly what I thought. Except Cole Train is funny. And TF2 is funny. And this guy was decidedly not funny. "
Who's fault is that? "
It ain't mine!
Posted by Gargantuan

That was horrible.

Posted by Hitchenson
@Raven10 said:
" @Hitchenson said:
Who's fault is that?
  • 75 results