83 Comments
  • 83 results
Posted by MrCaptain
@Addfwyn: 
Heimerdinger. maybe its supposed to be a giant brain or something but its too silly ether way
Posted by Addfwyn
@MrCaptain: Wait, which is the giant ball of spaghetti.  I think I have almost every champion in LoL, and can't recall any like that.  
Edited by MeatSim

Yup this still looks like DotA.

Posted by JesseCherry

The characters never seem to shut up. I'm guessing you can turn that off, but who thought the constant repeat of vo was a good idea.

Posted by KillaMaStA

looks cool, still.

But I dont have time to get good at it and otherwise people just hated me everywhere I went.

Posted by Fuga
@sissylion:  I can see it, a natural honrager! You should wait till 2.0 comes in hon before buying it.
Posted by Singeslayer

It seems they grabbed some ques from LoL and the good thing is they took it farther than LoL did. Now sadly LoL seems to be behind. I'm never going to play HoN, but I don't want all the competition to convert to another game!

Posted by Hero_Swe
@oatz said:
" @andybear said:
" LoL sucks
come at me nerds "
y u mad tho? brah u just jelly of ma skills. come at me bro "

Why was I involved in this quote pyramid?
Posted by oatz
@andybear said:
" LoL sucks
come at me nerds "
y u mad tho? brah u just jelly of ma skills. come at me bro
Posted by scarace360

Could they do a quick look on good snacks.

Edited by ReTarDedFisHy

While SC2 has been draining 100% of ReTarDedFisHy's gaming time, the introduction of a possibly shorter game of HoN is very attractive. Want. 

Edit: ReTarDedFisHy just bought an account for himself :)  
Used to just share one with his brother.

Posted by MrCaptain
@floodiastus said:
" HoN is a glorious awesome game, but, it lacks innovation. It is more or less DOTA. Whereas LoL got a ton of new and fresh ideas that make the game more complex and customizable. On the other hand, LoL looks like total shit ;) "
Yes! LoL is fun but the art-style, graphics and their lame internet meme-jokes just get on my nerves, it just seems to be for kids (one of the characters is a giant ball of spaghetti for christ sakes). Now Hon seems to be moving in that direction too.
Posted by Levio
@sissylion said:
" Okay, you guys. I haven't played Heroes of Newerth, but having just gotten out of my fourth consecutive match of League of Legends where we lost because literally no one would communicate with me, I'm starting to think that, maybe, being free to play isn't the best course of action when you're playing a game that requires strategy. 

I'm interested in Heroes of Newerth. I'd like to think that, because people pay for it, they genuinely want to play and will attempt to, you know, play.  "
I'm pretty sure the only way to get good teammates in any game is Arranged Team.  This is kind of a universal constant, from MMOs to FPSs to DotAs.
Posted by tsigo

Holy fuck the character he chose is super annoying. Towards the end it was bordering on "Rider, meet horse" levels of annoyance.

Posted by evilleader

DarkDude, take a look here:

http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/12/2/previews/78586/

Posted by AuthenticM

Why isn't this called Quicklook EX ?

Posted by Mijati

Video didn't seem very informative to me, although I will admit I'm not 100% with it at the moment. I didn't get what casual mode was as it didn't seem to be explained very well. I love the store though, hopefully coins aren't too hard to earn through playing the game as I don't think I'd want to spend money on it (and by the looks of it it's bloody expensive!).

Posted by sissylion

Okay, you guys. I haven't played Heroes of Newerth, but having just gotten out of my fourth consecutive match of League of Legends where we lost because literally no one would communicate with me, I'm starting to think that, maybe, being free to play isn't the best course of action when you're playing a game that requires strategy. 

I'm interested in Heroes of Newerth. I'd like to think that, because people pay for it, they genuinely want to play and will attempt to, you know, play. 

Posted by Fascism

Hands Of Sorrow knight for WC3 is better than HoN or LoL

Posted by Jeffsekai
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @Jeffsekai
Lame, who cares it just trying to be LoL
Why would it want to be something worse? "
idk bro ask them. 

They are taking everything the makes LoL different and adding it to HoN.
Posted by NekuSakuraba
@daghastlybeast said:
" all i hear is "i'm bad at games so i love LoL"  man up nerds "
I can tell you came from the thread on the HoN forums, right? xD Heroes of Newerth is awesome, but no need to hate. ^__^
Posted by Xeiphyer
@ZachRost said:
" @Xeiphyer:  You must not play much LoL if you think it doesn't have its fair share of assholes.  "
Nah, I said most of them. Still plenty of assholes in LoL.
Posted by cassus

HoN is a game that only works if you've played ridiculous amounts of DotA, cause it's got just as horrible an interface and stuff, so you pretty much need to know exactly what to do before coming in. Cause 95% of the playerbase are pro DotA players, and they will fucking MURDER your ass. 
LoL is way more forgiving in that respect.

Posted by ShockD

Now isn't that DoTa part deux...

Posted by ZachRost
@Xeiphyer:  You must not play much LoL if you think it doesn't have its fair share of assholes. 
Posted by andybear
LoL sucks
come at me nerds
Posted by Xeiphyer

Casual mode is a good idea, it seemed like most of the assholes from the DotA community went to the HoN community. 

Though, League of Legends is more noob friendly and free, so maybe people don't feel as entitled as with HoN. If I was paying for the game I would probably be more pissed off if a noob ruined a 40 minute game for me.

Its cool that LoL and HoN have differentiated themselves from eachother. I'm definitely a fan of LoL though.

Edited by Ne0teric

I love how people keep saying "LoL" so seriously.

also
@TheRedOne said:

" Multi-player is all well and good, but I like to play my HoN solo.  "

...you win the internet. :)
Posted by NekuSakuraba
@Jeffsekai
Why would it want to be something worse?
Posted by Lightdud

This patch is gonna be awesome. Can't wait!

Posted by Zeemod
@Lifestrike said:
" @Nonentity said:
" Decent, I guess. Not a fan of HoN.  Also, T-minus 10 posts to LoL and HoN slapfights. "
*slaps HoN fans* "
What excellent foresight!
Posted by DaBuddaDa

Bradley Shoemaker: suber noob.

Posted by McDunkin

HoN is really great if you liked DoTA check it out!

Posted by CharlieTuna

Oh god, the flamboyant pack thing really is embarrassing. It's just childish and homophobic, however casual mode and the other stuff they are putting in could be cool eventually.

Posted by WinkLynx

Watching this while in queue for a game of ranked LoL.  Looks pretty decent, competition can be a good thing after all.

Posted by Mageknight

I hope this gets more people interested in HoN. The Giantbomb chatroom has two people in it right now :(. If you're from Giant Bomb you should drop by! We won't bite!

Posted by TheRedOne

Multi-player is all well and good, but I like to play my HoN solo. 

Posted by LordLOC
@LiquidPrince:  No of course it doesn't run on the same engine as Starcraft silly :)

It uses S2's own engine (the K2 engine) that they used for Savage 2. Same engine, just used differently for HoN here.

I'm actually happy they are introducing Casual mode. I never played Dota, and the last thing I need is to be chewed out and called uh, interesting names in HoN because I'm a newb and didn't lane properly or what have you. I hope they alsoimprove their tutorial a bit as well.

Posted by SunnyD

HoN community got to be the worst ever.

Edited by TFG

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Micro transaction. Already paid for the game, now you gotta pay more to get fun stuff. SWEET! THIS IS SO AWESOME. 

I'm sure it will take a ton of games just to get one skin.

Posted by Nurve

Casual mode sounds great. I don't have the attention span for normal games anymore and EM is just.... bad.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos
Oh great.... Gay jokes.... It's almost 2011, and those are still viable? 

Still, looks like great additions. 

@Vade said: 

"  Lame, who cares it just trying to be LoL  "

Which is just trying to be DotA. And actually both projects originated pretty close to each other. 
Posted by JJWeatherman

The announcer packs make me want to play this game.

Posted by LtDestroyer

Time to revisit HoN!

Posted by AddyMac

Good for them for making the skins and stuff essentially free, unlike Riot Games who charge through the nose.

Posted by Vade

Posted by doe3879

I was not expecting this to be a video feature from reading the title.
there need to be a Giantbomb own video section on the front page !!!

Posted by TheMustacheHero

I play both LoL and HoN and I have to say.... they are very, very different games.

Edited by floodiastus
@Krenor said:

" @floodiastus said:

" HoN is a glorious awesome game, but, it lacks innovation. It is more or less DOTA. Whereas LoL got a ton of new and fresh ideas that make the game more complex and customizable. On the other hand, LoL looks like total shit ;) "
Not many people realize this but HoN since the beginning was supposed to be a DOTA clone with the engine designed from the ground up for it and they totally did achieve that. This whole LoL vs. HoN thing is kinda pointless they both are going to die anyway when Valve comes out with DotA 2. "
I realize that, I dont think DOTA 2 will be the end of anything but maybe HoN though. LoL is as different from DOTA as Demigod was, the concept is very different. No denies, mastery/skilltrees, summoner skill, boostable skills from items and so on. 

Anyway, both are great games. More MOBAs for all of us :)
Posted by Deathpooky

Last hitting / denying always seemed weird to me.  Looks like they're somewhat trying to deal with that, but I imagine they can't do too much without pissing off the rabid DotA'ers.

Also, that "Flamboyant Pack".  Um.  Yeah.  What are they, 12?

• 83 results