140 Comments
  • 140 results
Posted by GuardianKnux

at 5:10 I thought Brand was saying "I need a bong" lol

Posted by litrock

I ... I am kind of digging this game.  Steam sale?  Sure, yeah, I'll buy it.

Posted by Laughlin_12

Is anyone else's sound not working on the site?

Posted by cravins90

Eh, let's do a quick look of this game where you can't die. 
Alright, let Brad do it.

Posted by YukoAsho

Yep, totally new and innovative.  Not ripping off old games and taking out the actual gameplay at all.

This is exactly why I'm firmly against all the praise so-called "innovative" indie developers get all the time: I'm old enough to remember the old games that are being repackeged and sold as something original from these fucking charlatans.
Posted by Rmack
@squidracerX:  Good job on both missing the joke and looking like an art school asshole.
 http://theabyssgazes.blogspot.com/2010/03/teal-and-orange-hollywood-please-stop.html
Posted by mrsmiley
@YukoAsho said:
" Yep, totally new and innovative.  Not ripping off old games and taking out the actual gameplay at all.

This is exactly why I'm firmly against all the praise so-called "innovative" indie developers get all the time: I'm old enough to remember the old games that are being repackeged and sold as something original from these fucking charlatans. "
other than the side scrolling perspective, this game looks/plays nothing like sub-terrania. if you were making the point that plenty OTHER indie games copy sub-terrania, you're right.
Posted by MisterMouse

brad sounds super mellowed out in this.

Posted by YukoAsho
@mrsmiley said:

" @YukoAsho said:

" Yep, totally new and innovative.  Not ripping off old games and taking out the actual gameplay at all.

This is exactly why I'm firmly against all the praise so-called "innovative" indie developers get all the time: I'm old enough to remember the old games that are being repackeged and sold as something original from these fucking charlatans. "
other than the side scrolling perspective, this game looks/plays nothing like sub-terrania. if you were making the point that plenty OTHER indie games copy sub-terrania, you're right. "
Well, my point was that most, if not all, indie games are full-on copies of games from the third and fourth generations.  You are right, however: this is probably closer to Lunar Lander.
Posted by iamthemoneyj

This game looks good, but I can't stand Alex Navarro

Posted by gavingt

If orange and blue don't mix then how do you explain EVERY MOVIE POSTER EVER?  

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380840

Posted by Herostratus

So am I to understand that Jeff is basically Cartman reviews games? It all makes sense now, although who is Kenny?

Edited by Darknaut

The game looks neat for those "I want to relax but I'm not so far gone that I don't want to play a game" moods.

Posted by LiK

SO PWETTY....

Posted by gaffyh

UnderGarden? Isn't that some sort of slang for a womans sexy place? 
LOL
Posted by RVonE

Nice QL and hooray for more Alex!
Posted by saxamaphone12

is the outdoors on the things Jeff hates list ?

Posted by WEGGLES
@Herostratus: Brad dies a lot so... 
Posted by Troispoint

Alright, if someone's looking for me I'll be eating a vegan pita. Later.

Posted by gbrading

I like the look of this game, certainly, and it's chilled out vibe. Gameplay-wise perhaps something is lacking, but nonetheless it's interesting.
Posted by sissylion

Orange and blue are my school colors. I am no longer down with Alex. 

Posted by Mumrik

"I need a bomb".  

Yes Brad, you're floating right above one. 

Maybe he's just not a very perceptive player?

Posted by blacklab
@iamthemoneyj said:
" This game looks good, but I can't stand Alex Navarro "
+1
Posted by Bucketdeth

Game looks pretty dark.

2/5.

Posted by aurahack
@Detrian: Once upon a time, your parents decided to keep you and this community suffers for it.

Quit being a dick and be a proper site user. Do the site, and this community, a favor.
Posted by l3illyl3ob
@Infininja said:
" @l3illyl3ob said:
" This game is on sale on Steam right now and still isn't worth it.  Played the demo for Steam's treasure hunt thing, and was completely underwhelmed.  Came on here to see what other platforms it was for and found a "hidden" quick look! "
The quick look went up today and is on the front page. It's hardly hidden. :p "
It took a few hours to show up on the front page, for me.  Either way, I had quotes around it for a reason.  I was just surprised by it, that's all.
Posted by Anwar
@squidracerX said:
" Also, at ALEX, orange and blue do go together. They are what anyone who took art in high school will call Complementary colors . These colors always go well with each other, hence the term complimentary. They are also referred to as Contrasting colors because since they are opposites from each other they clash a bit and stand out from each other. Using them together will create a very dramatic look that stands out. Ask any art major about this and they will explain further. Red and Green, Yellow and Purple, Orange and Blue. They are opposites on the color wheel, and they are famous together; LA lakers colors, christmas colors, Syracuse orangemen colors etc... "
Posted by Mars_Cleric

girl, I want to float around in your undergarden  
I just wanna light up your flowers
it's okay, I'll drop a bomb if I get stuck
Posted by ezdude

Man... Shave that undergarden!

Posted by RubberFactory

That's a thing.(x 1000) - Alex Navaro

Posted by YukoAsho
@Detrian said:
" Brad and Alex? I'd rather slam a car door on my dick. "
Look at it this way, at least Brad can't die in this one, no matter how badly he sucks at it.
Posted by Gorikka

Get if you liked: Super Meat Boy

Posted by SuperfluousMoniker

Wish they did a Quick Look of Nimbus instead.

Posted by DBoy

Needs less Alex.

Posted by Meteora

People need to stop saying that this game is for hippies.

Edited by bybeach

I watched some of this. I donno..it is a bit off on it's self, a bit thick. As much of me getting tired of what ever socio group(hippies, gen X, slackers...whatever) ppl. decide to be down on for some kind of self or group definition I...well this is what I kind of think  also!  Damned Hippies!

Bybeach wanders off to hang out with his imaginary friend Syd Barrett and play Polynomial.
Edited by squidracerX
@Rmack said:

" @squidracerX:  Good job on both missing the joke and looking like an art school asshole.  http://theabyssgazes.blogspot.com/2010/03/teal-and-orange-hollywood-please-stop.html "

Didn't miss the joke,  just pointed out his statement "orange and blue don't go together" was wrong. I am not even an art student, I was a history major, you guys are just color retards? I haven't taken art since high school 10 years ago and I know about this. Its really basic stuff. I've seen the movie posters thing before, but there is a reason those colors are used, so i didn't think it was a very funny "joke" then either. (not even a joke really, more of an observation). I guarantee you can find as many red/green movie posters as well, or red/black or white/black, (yellow and purple maybe not since they are less popular colors). They make it that way so it stands out. But if you guys are trying to be snotty towards why poster design people have chosen those colors, I pointed out why. Is it over used? Sure. But he said "they don't go together". And they do. They have been a popular color combination for 1000 years.
Posted by risseless

I thoroughly enjoyed this game.

Posted by Pibo47

Damn, this game wants me to blaze a j and eat some shrooms haha

Posted by rm082e

Quick Look sold me on this one real fast. Will check it out this weekend when I get some time to play.

Posted by themangalist

this is the worst indie "game as art" i've ever seen. Not innovative in gameplay; no sense of wonder in art design; and most important of all, it doesn't even look the slightest fun.

Posted by MetalGearFlaccid

Car door? I'd rather slam a Brad and Alex on my dick.

...Wait, what?

Posted by BibleDoctor

The demo was not very interesting... not very interesting at all.

Posted by Anwar

the constant questioning of why this and why that gets old pretty fast...

Posted by Example1013
@squidracerX said:
" Plays like AQUARUIA meets FLOWER... But in my opinion both Aquaria and Flower were more fun for their contributing parts... I still picked Undergarden up as a chill out game (like Pixel Junk Eden should have been!), since its on  sale on Steam for $4.99 right now. But i think Aquaria and Flower gave me more pound for the penny. I wont go back and play this like i did those games. maybe i should have bought it on console instead to play with the ladies (since you can't die). But on Steam single player got boring fast. "
Funny thing about playing with the ladies: the girl across the hall asked to borrow Modern Warfare for 360 yesterday.

@squidracerX said:
" Also, at ALEX, orange and blue do go together. They are what anyone who took art in high school will call Complementary colors . These colors always go well with each other, hence the term complimentary. They are also referred to as Contrasting colors because since they are opposites from each other they clash a bit and stand out from each other. Using them together will create a very dramatic look that stands out. Ask any art major about this and they will explain further. Red and Green, Yellow and Purple, Orange and Blue. They are opposites on the color wheel, and they are famous together; LA lakers colors, christmas colors, Syracuse orangemen colors etc... "

They don't always go well with each other. Sometimes the combo doesn't look good, and this is one of those times. It's just too...off-balance for my tastes. And unfortunately for high school art, art isn't science, and aesthetically pleasing design doesn't always follow the rules.

I do agree that it stands out quite well, though.
Posted by Allison

I think the only important question is:

Why are you playing this? D:

Posted by johnsonic7

People complain about everything in the comments of these quick looks.

Posted by TadThuggish

ALEX SUCKS BRAD SUCKS EVERYTHING SUCKS THIS SITE SUCKS ITS EMPLOYEES SUCK 

HERE, TAKE MY FIFTY DOLLARS

Posted by Bummey

SOLD

Posted by Ronald

Seems like it could be a very calming game. I wonder if the later levels get stressful.

• 140 results