49 Comments
Edited by Kaj235

sick! Flying squirrel!

Posted by Coleslaw893

On the fence with this one, this is not the SSX I know...

Still, I'll reserve judgment until I see actual gameplay.

Posted by RE_Player1
@Coleslaw893 said:
" On the fence with this one, this is not the SSX I know...  Still, I'll reserve judgment until I see actual gameplay. "
Me too. 
Posted by Hoursofbs

Call of Duty:  SSX

Posted by BlazeHedgehog
Posted by PenguinDoctor

Oh boy! SSX still looks terrible!  Where is Amped 4?
Posted by Mendelson9

SSX Tricky was so good.  Hope this game can match it.

Posted by RecSpec

You know what? If you play some techno music behind this, it could pass for a normal SSX trailer.
All that's missing is the music.

Posted by MegaGoat

SEX

Posted by BlackSymbiote

If the game ditches all the fun over the top arcade goodness I'll be disappointed. It might still be a good game on it's own merits, but I'll still be wishing for a return to SSX Tricky and SSX3.

Posted by mouse5050

if theres no kaori then im done

Edited by gormers
@RE_Player92 said:

" @Coleslaw893 said:

" On the fence with this one, this is not the SSX I know...  Still, I'll reserve judgment until I see actual gameplay. "
Me too.  "
Clever.

Will this be another PoP: Warrior Within? Potentially great but still hated by earlier fans?
Posted by Fantastical

So much for me being excited about this game. :(

What happened EA? This isn't SSX.

Posted by Coleslaw893
@hoursofbs said:
" Call of Duty:  SSX "
SSX: Modern Boardfare
Posted by Rewcastle

SSX?! YEEEAH!! Here we go!!.. 

... ITS TRICKY TO ROCK A RHYME, TO ROCK A RHYME THATS RIGHT ON Ti.................................................time............................................................................ 
.......What is this.?

Posted by HistoryInRust
@Rewcastle said:
" SSX?! YEEEAH!! Here we go!!..  ... ITS TRICKY TO ROCK A RHYME, TO ROCK A RHYME THATS RIGHT ON Ti.................................................time............................................................................ .............................................. .................................. .......What is this.? "
Lol.
Posted by retsub101
Posted by MeatSim

How about Amped 4 instead?

Posted by Mister_Snig
@mouse5050 said:
" if theres no kaori then im done "
This. 

Also if you mute this trailer and play some Run DMC over it, it's slightly better.
Posted by Animasta

I hope the bat wings are in the game, that would be silly and hilarious.

Edited by smitty86

Even if you want to wait for actual gameplay to decide, you have to be worried considering that THIS is the method EA decided to let people know that SSX is back. If it was really going to be anything like the old ones, they would have just had to show Eddie, Mac, and Simon about to jump off a big ass ramp. Instead we get this snowboard for you life crap. Only reason I'm still interest is to see how much the have shat on the old SSX.

Posted by Hyper_Bunny_Meow

Well I like the look of the mountains and including a squirrel suit is pretty awesome. Don't get me wrong I so want another SSX tricky but this could be one to look out for.
Posted by Korolev

Uh... are they trying to "modern-combatize" a SNOWBOARDING GAME?! What? 

Posted by UnlivedPhalanx
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Coleslaw893 said:
Me too.  "
I ditto this ditto.
Posted by Malachi

Man the producers of this game watched Cliffhanger one too many times........ 

Edited by SupberUber

This wasn't the answer I was looking for, EA! Not one bit!  

V = check 
X = fail 

[X] Personality
[V]Extreme mountains 
[x]Over the top zanyness  
[X] Boosting 
[X] Fantasy settings
 [X] Super Ubers
[X] House/D'n'B music   
[X] Likable characters

Thanks for ruining my favorite franchise. 

And no, I'm not waiting for gameplay, because this is the first showing, and I assume EA wants it to show the vibe of the product they're making. And  the vibe I'm receiving is so very very wrong. 
 SSX is dead to me now :(     

Posted by wrathofconn

All the other SSX games are garbage as snowboarding games, so I'd be glad for the only franchise around these days to make a good game for the genre.

Because as much as I love the 1080 games, I don't want them to make one for the Wii.

Posted by Th3_James

SSX is like the Tony Hawk games. There was a time and a place where there were good games, but that time has passed, and these franchises should die.

Posted by bucky

ehhhh. not so sure about this one; looks a little bit too "FUKKIN XTREME, BRO."

Posted by McGhee

Maybe this shitty trailer is an elaborate joke by the makers. Like in a week they will release the fun, colorful, real SSX trailer with a "Gotcha!" at the end. 

Yeah right. That would be too cool to be true.

Posted by Czarpyotr

Could not be more let down.  I want a new tricky with sweet graphics and online play.

Posted by Czarpyotr

This is the game that had a white dude with an afro who did the worm on his board.  Just saying.

Edited by Juiceboxxx

Yes, let's judge a game on about 45 seconds of teaser for a game that's a year away.

You know who was in Tricky?  David Arquette.  Do you want David Arquette to be in your game?  You certainly do not.  I loved SSX3 and Tricky as well, but that was over 5 years ago.  I will admit "Deadly Descents" isn't jiving with me.

If EA can make this into the Burnout/ Motorstorm of snowboarding games I'm all for it.

Also on the chopper is named Elise and has a painted image of her on it.  Don't think anyone called that out yet.

Posted by SupberUber
@Juiceboxxx: Fans should speak their mind on the content that is presented. If I think it sucks, I'll say it. It's better that way, both for the developers and the fans. None of the sides likes if the opposite holds back on info; it simply isn't productive for anyone.
Posted by deadward

My first reaction was "Fuck this Shit!" and I started getting all cranky about video games and modern war-bros and stuff... But, upon further reflection, snowboarding down a crumbling mountain in a blizzard will probably still be fun. 
 They are just doing what they have to do to get a game made these days. Kids won't look at that old SSX style with nostalgia, with no history it would probably just look cheesy and cheap. 
The alternative is a Wii game, and I don't think any of us want that

Posted by TheWesman

That wind whistling at the end....the sound of no one caring....*whiiiiiiiiiiissssssttllllle*.......

Posted by Caegn

This looks like a parody that someone would make about the trend of gritty drab-colored games.  You know, along with a parody of a brown Mario game, and a gritty Sonic reboot.  Then we'd all watch, and laugh and laugh...

That's what this is right?  A parody?  This can't actually be real.  Can it?  Please?

Posted by umdesch4
@mouse5050 said:
" if theres no kaori then im done "
Amen!
Posted by Don

SSX: Saving the world, one slope at a time.

Posted by scarycrayons
@deadward said:
" My first reaction was "Fuck this Shit!" and I started getting all cranky about video games and modern war-bros and stuff... But, upon further reflection, snowboarding down a crumbling mountain in a blizzard will probably still be fun.   They are just doing what they have to do to get a game made these days. Kids won't look at that old SSX style with nostalgia, with no history it would probably just look cheesy and cheap.  The alternative is a Wii game, and I don't think any of us want that "
A modern SSX game in the former SSX style (fireworks, blaring music, stylish characters) would be BEAUTIFUL.  Kids 'won't look at it with nostalgia', but they will be absolutely awestruck from a game styled like that made in 2010/2011.   What kids won't be interested in is a 'boring dramatic' snowboarding game. 

Either way, they should just ditch the 'SSX' part of the title so the 'Deadly Descents' game can kinda flop by itself, instead of flopping and taking a loved franchise out with it.
Posted by Flap_jackson

Wow, this series has come a surprisingly long way. I kind of shocked.

Posted by Spoike
@hoursofbs said:
" Call of Duty:  SSX "
Exactly my thought as well.
Posted by Soviut

SSX: Black Ops, coming soon.

Posted by TheDukeofArgyll

They need to just bring back SSX Tricky

Edited by toots

ssx  was my favorite last gen series.

what the hell did they do to it.

Posted by Springfart

well that looked.. safe?

Posted by mrparabolic

This game looks super sick.

Posted by SpliTTMark
@hoursofbs said:
Call of Duty:  SSX
glad i looked was going to make a joke like this but was beat
Posted by arjan20

I have been hoping for an HD version of SSX3 since the "next-gen" consoles came out (5-6 years ago!) Very excited.