124 Comments
  • 124 results
Posted by Burn1n9m4n

Jeff Green was incorrect on one point about his list. Several of the games that he listed are cross-platform with the PS3. Granted, he has played them on a 360, but there aren't too many differences between the two platforms for the games listed. 

Posted by korsair_13

Solid "Stranger" reference. Love it.

Posted by ectoplasma

Kudos to Jeff Greene to tell the truth! Civ 5 is lackluster!

Posted by JeanLuc

Man everyone put Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit on their list. Now wish I asked for it for Christmas.

Posted by DeathByWaffle
@MysteriousBob: To be eloquent about it, I must insist that you are a massive douche, good sir.
Posted by Arbie

This was fun to watch. =] Oh and...Brotherhood! YES! =P

Posted by Vitamin_Dei
@MysteriousBob said:
" I'm sorry, but who gives a shit about the opinion of some popcap hack? "
I think it's pretty safe to say that Jeff Green played a significant role in helping to shape games media into the form we have it in today.  I care very much what he has to say and sometimes selfishly wish he was still in the business of writing about the industry.  

Short answer? I do.
Posted by Curufinwe
@MysteriousBob said:
You're not sorry, just ignorant.
Posted by Zereta
@SnakeEyes327 said:
" @ExtraCrispy said:
" @SnakeEyes327 said:
" @Zereta said:
" @ExtraCrispy said:
" Sent from my iPad   Seriously? Too hard to edit that out? "
I think that's the joke. "
Even if it isn't, why the fuck do you care? "
You just reminded me why I never post in online forums. They're rampant with insipid 13 year old retards.  "
If you're going to start bitching about Jeff Green possibly posting something from his iPad, you've already proven yourself to be a sad, sorry sack of shit with absolutely nothing of note to say. So yes, I'm glad you don't post on the forums. "
Come on guys, lets keep it cool and fun in here :)
Posted by Addfwyn

Generally not the biggest fan of Ryan's taste in games (just a difference of opinion, nothing against his opinion) but he put out a pretty good list.  I don't necessarily agree with it quite as much as the past two, but for somebody who I often disagree with, it's a pretty solid list.  

Posted by Belmont_Shadow

ryans list is great. Todas podcast...Jeff's reaction to K&L was funny.

Edited by Kjellm87

Ryan, your list is the first I've watched on this site, to see if I was right about your nr 1 pick,
and sure enough
UH UH UH UH UH

Edited by outerabiz
Yeah stabbin dudes in the face.
Posted by AaronChance
@DG991 said:
" I am surprised that Jeff dislikes civ5.  I guess I can understand why.. he is a big dork who doesn't like change. Just like the rest of us.  "
I think because he actually played Civ IV. Just about everyone praising V either only played 4 for a bit, or not at all. Sure, V is a step up from Civ Rev, but it's a big step down from the PC game that came before it.
Posted by SnakeEyes327
@ExtraCrispy said:
" @SnakeEyes327 said:
" @Zereta said:
" @ExtraCrispy said:
You just reminded me why I never post in online forums. They're rampant with insipid 13 year old retards.  "
If you're going to start bitching about Jeff Green possibly posting something from his iPad, you've already proven yourself to be a sad, sorry sack of shit with absolutely nothing of note to say. So yes, I'm glad you don't post on the forums.
Posted by DG991

I am surprised that Jeff dislikes civ5. 

I guess I can understand why.. he is a big dork who doesn't like change. Just like the rest of us. 

Posted by Fjordson

<3 Jeff Green. 'Bout time Red Dead got some love on Giant Bomb.

Posted by tourgen

Great list from Ryan.  Great discussion from Paul.  Especially liked his talk on the game design aspect of PacMan.

Posted by Feser
@MysteriousBob said:
"I'm sorry, but who gives a shit about the opinion of some popcap hack? "
Even if he was a nobody (He fucking isn't by the way), his list was still entertaining to read.
Posted by DJJoeJoe

Hey cool, Jeff Green. I love the guy and his voice on podcasts. Always makes the particular podcast he's on so much better :) Kudos I guess on getting him involved with the lists and such.

Posted by EgoCheck616
@MysteriousBob said:
And who the fuck are you? 
Just some piece of shit child ranting on a board. 

Eat a dick, sir.
Posted by Paliv
@Sankis said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
Wow. Do you really have no idea who Jeff Green is? Are you that ignorant? "
No kidding, what rock have you been hiding under?
Posted by ExtraCrispy
@SnakeEyes327 said:
" @Zereta said:
" @ExtraCrispy said:
You just reminded me why I never post in online forums. They're rampant with insipid 13 year old retards. 
Posted by megalowho

Downloaded and played Digital: A Love Story after hearing Paul's podcast and seeing it on Carrie's list. Holy shit, so good! I got goosebumps!

Posted by Sankis
@MysteriousBob said:
Wow. Do you really have no idea who Jeff Green is? Are you that ignorant?
Posted by Agent47

Excellent list Ryan.Always cool to see your picks.

Posted by MysteriousBob

I'm sorry, but who gives a shit about the opinion of some popcap hack?

Posted by SnakeEyes327
@Zereta said:
" @ExtraCrispy said:
Even if it isn't, why the fuck do you care?
Posted by RockAction

Really don't understand the love for Red Dead, granted i'm not finished yet, but i'm 10 hours in and just the line ryan said in his video about it being an unforgettable experience made me think, i probably will forget it (except liars dice)  

i love the setting, the world, the characters etc but the lack of story and propulsion/drive makes it feel hollow, and with jeff green and friends of my own praising this story and the way it is told i feel like i'm missing something 

also jeff greens praise of the refinement of the gta gameplay made me realise how clunky gta4 was, which i love and occasionally play 

i felt red read to be more clunky than gta and the missions even more repetitive 

i wish i found it as exciting as most people seem to have, and i want to continue to the end and even go back and play as a bastard, but it really hasn't impressed me as it has everyone else unfortunately

Edited by Branthog

Paul needs to leave that mallet at Giant Bomb so that someone can beat them upside the head next time they think of bringing her on again. 

Also, Civ V is great, but the shitty AI makes it almost unplayable and the complete lack of leaderboard makes it almost not worth playing. (Sorry, but it doesn't mean much to me to beat some random guy at Civ V if it has no impact on me and there's no record of it happening.) 

Also, it sounds like Paul is not so subtly angling for a job at GB. :)

Posted by Zereta
@ExtraCrispy said:
I think that's the joke.
Posted by Korolev

Nice list Ryan. All excellent games.

Posted by semyeotic
@xDot: thanks for the constructive criticism. 
your douchebaggery staggers me.
Posted by ExtraCrispy
Sent from my iPad 

Seriously? Too hard to edit that out?
Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame

Paul Barnett a charming guy and all, but wow does he ever care about things for which I can't muster the slightest fuck to give. It's like inviting a guy on Screened to talk up Michael Bay movies. "The incredible thing about this film is how little it requires you to think. Smashing box office success!"

Posted by TorMasturba
@Psykhophear said:
"Everyone at GiantBomb seems to like Limbo a lot. I need to try this game out myself. "

Jeff said that he dosn't really care for it actually.
Posted by xDot

Wow Jeff Green sucks even more than i already thought he did.

Posted by endless_void

Civ 5 is definitely a letdown, and so was civ 4. Civ 3 was the last good civilization game and even that is questionable. I don't understand where sid meier is trying to take this series. Remember civ rev.? What the hell was that about....

Posted by EtherealSlayer

I agree with Civ 5 being a huge letdown
Posted by Kayotix
@mightymightyme said:
"Civ 5 a disappointment? Does not compute... "

ppl said the same about Civ IV, give it a year or 2 and Civ V will be the greatest thing ever made. Then ppl will bitch that Civ VI is a dissapointment and the cycle will continue
Posted by Psykhophear

Everyone at GiantBomb seems to like Limbo a lot. I need to try this game out myself.

Posted by MeatSim

These top 10 list just keep getting better.

Posted by skinnyman

As usual, I can completely agree with Ryan's picks. I haven't played AC:B yet so it didn't make my list, but yeah. Right on Ryan.

Posted by CornBREDX

I think Jeff Greens list is the best so far. Funny note: he said the same thing about Civ 5 my mom did haha

Posted by SlantedRoom

I  agree most with Ryan's list so far.. although my guess is in the end my list will be most similar to Brad's (minus Starcraft II)
Posted by EgoCheck616

Jeff Green doesn't even own a PS3? 
God fucking dammit.

Posted by LiK

AC: Bro is the shiznit. Awesome pick Ryan, uh uh uh.

Posted by zameer

Ryan, Paul and Jeff all in one post? This is all kinds of awesome.

Posted by dannyodwyer

Sent from my iPad

Posted by AlwaysBeClothing

Girl let me 'Nique that girl lemme 'Nique that    

• 124 results